X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 08:49

I just tried to download both XTC:AP and XTC 2.2 (starting with 2.0 and then the patch) mod from scratch but the downloads are missing! I get redirected to a 404 error page. Where's the working downloads?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 09:07

Quoting the relevant part from the opening post:
Aragon Speed wrote:Working Downloads

Download from mega, as provided from froger: Link

Download from Onedrive, as provided by Informer: Link

Download from mediafire.com, as provided by X2-Illuminatus: Link
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 09:22

I guess I overlooked that. Thanks.

Now I'm downloading 2.0 and 2.2 patch and am also downloading the hotfix and AP version. Any other additional fixes to download for XTC:AP?

Edit: I've tried to install the music hotfix, but some reason I can't download it at all.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 19:06

Sorkvild wrote:
Killjaeden wrote: About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
Works :)

Have you reduced gate distance for each sector individually or there is one mathematic rule for all sectors when it comes to reducing the size?

Just started a new game because all saves with foundations of my future empire in XTC were lost during swap to a new pc.
Yeah travel time is shorter which I appreciate, especially when in XTC ships are relatively slow when compared to ones for other mods like XRM.
Sectors are large but not vast. Vast ones were fun for some time but after doing some trade routines it was becoming a tedious task.

At the moment can't say much about how the change is impacting the economy..
Totally missed your question, so for the record: All sectors where overhauled manually (there is a tool to universally reduce scale in a chosen sector, but i always hand-adjusted where necessary).
Edit: I've tried to install the music hotfix, but some reason I can't download it at all.
There was a POSY (player shipyard) fix and an aldrin reputation fix at some point. I don't remember if they where included in the hotfix files or if they came after that. If you prefer slightly smaller sectors (closer to vanilla) then check some posts back for my post.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 22:26

I guys,i try to play as teladi,cormorant is a light carrier,but only can dock m5,m4,(34) do you think is possible kill an m2 with 30 m4??or how can change yhangar size for can dock m3

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 15:08

GDI-BOSS wrote:I guys,i try to play as teladi,cormorant is a light carrier,but only can dock m5,m4,(34) do you think is possible kill an m2 with 30 m4??or how can change yhangar size for can dock m3
The Cormorant is a drone carrier. They can manufacture a fleet of M4-classed drones, and a good ships for autonomous sector patrols. The Shrike is a light carrier, and the ship you want for taking on M2s.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 16:07

Shrike is a light carrier??only have hangar for 8 fighters...what resources need for drone production??

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 13:57

GDI-BOSS wrote:Shrike is a light carrier??only have hangar for 8 fighters...what resources need for drone production??
Hey, if you want a carrier, buy a carrier.

Credits. Set it up through 'additional ship commands'.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 08:57

Okay, So I didn't expect this thread to be active still...

This mod is frickin awesome, but I have some rather frustrating issues to report, if anyone has any light to shed.

Terran War pack (TC 3.2), GOG, Linux (Debian).
AP folder removed, XTC 2.0 installed, patch 2.2 installed, hotfix 2.2a installed. Music re-encoded to ogg. Paranid & Xenon "plot fix" director files installed (from somewhere near here).

Day 13.
Argon plot completed.
Paranid plot completed.
Boron/Xenon plot in-progress.
Pirate plot in progress.

Issues:
* Split plot has not started. I checked out the contents of the relevant director script, I meet the criteria and all required sectors are known. No message received, no one to talk to at the relevant stations.

* "Defend sector" missions work, but the followup "Clear sector" mission triggers a "mission aborted" message immediately after accepting. The mission reappears in my mission list when I enter the sector in question, but shows "SB_String (0)" where the briefing should appear. I get reward messages with credit values for killing ships, but nothing is added to my account.

* Accepting a passenger transport mission in the wrong ship class causes the mission to disappear, it restarts when docking in the correct ship. I probably have 20 of these running in there somewhere.

* During "Deliver data device" missions, when nearing the target station, enemy ships spawn and betty starts playing every sound clip. And I mean everything, ship descriptions, "Split kill you now", the works.

* I have not seen some other missions / plots that I think should appear (from looking through the mod files), such as towing missions, races, pirate hunts, lifeform plot. Not sure if there are just a bunch of unused / unfinished files or what.
Anyone have a list of requirements for specific missions? It seems like there are some in there, such as ship class / equipment.

* When seeing a "sector invasion / strike against Xenon" message in the GNS, I report to the sector where the fleet is supposedly gathering... and there is no fleet. Am I just too late or what?

* Ammunition generators do not produce Heavy Mass Driver ammo, and player factories cannot produce it either. This makes the weapon nearly useless.

* Toggling the "Advanced Shield Production" cheat gives me the message that player factories can now produce military shields, but there is no option to do so as far as I can see.

* Kha'ak beam weapons murder the already poor battle framerate when damaging the player ship. I'm talking 60FPS -> 1FPS. Renders battles with the Kha'ak unplayable. This doesn't seem related to the graphics, and quality options have zero effect.
It's interesting that this only happens when the beams do damage, and only when it's the player ship. Sound? DOT calculations?

* If I damage a friendly ship and it goes hostile, I can't comm the captain to apologize. There are now several sectors containing race military that attack me on site, despite a rank 9 rep with said race. I seem to recall this working differently in vanilla?

I have reinstalled both the game and the mod several times, but these issues persist. The problem with defend sector missions is particularly annoying.

I am currently reinstalling again, with the recent 3.3 patch. Ed. Nope, problems persist with fresh 3.3.

--------

On a slightly different note, does anyone have the full list of fixes for the AP version of XTC? Aside from those mentioned above, I hear the turret scripts need modification. And as above, I am unable to get the music fix from xuniverse forums, as the registration mail system is broken (seems the mail server is not listening). Anyone have an account there and willing to grab that file?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 11:31

I can't anwer all of your questions, but I can give some hints:
- XTC was written for Terran Conflict, not for Albion Prelude. As the Universe is all new, I recommend to play the XTC-version, AP is beta.
- In my installation (TC !) I do not see some of the problems you mention. Deliver Data device works perfectly, Xenon invasions or strikes against Xenon work perfectly (they even work without me participating what creates great "find abandoned ship"-occasions in remote Xenon sectors; you can build then M2 of friendly races without capping or buying them ;) )
- AFAIK the cheats are third-party-made and therefore not meant to be compatible with XTC.
- The problems with Kha'ak-beam-weapons have been patched iirc

On the other hand: XTC has a major issue with missions. Somy types of missions are no more part of XTC (station building e.g.) Some of the missions (minor ones, but also plot missions) may simply vanish if any message pops up in the Message log! This is annoying, but I doubt that the Mod team works on it any more.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 11:48

zazie wrote: - XTC was written for Terran Conflict, not for Albion Prelude.
Yeah, I'm playing the TC version. Would like to give the AP experimental build a spin at some point though.
zazie wrote: - AFAIK the cheats are third-party-made and therefore not meant to be compatible with XTC.
The cheat I mention is a script packaged with XTC, for XTC. The whole military shields thing is from XTC.
zazie wrote: - The problems with Kha'ak-beam-weapons have been patched iirc
If you say so, I'm running 2.2a and they still tank my framerate. Is there a patch I don't know about?
zazie wrote: On the other hand: XTC has a major issue with missions.
This is annoying, but I doubt that the Mod team works on it any more.
I know. And it's a crying shame as this mod is so good. Even with the bugs. Is there a decent guide on how missions / director works? Most of what I can find is for Reunion.
Some kind of debugging output would be nice, so I can see where things are going screwey.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 13:51

By the way, what are XTC plot requirements? Seems like I never managed to activate them.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 16:29

@ Sorkvild: Link to Thread on xuniverse.com

@Steve_v: You can't build Military shields in XTC; even not with the Split Faunus. There are two ways to get the military shields:
A) send asap one of your ships to the shield factories that produce military version of shields and park it there. Those fabs with the most wanted "Hard" versions you might want to protect with your own assets against 'surprise' actions by rampaging Xenons, pirats gone wild or Kha'ak on a mission.
B) Loot ships. You can set the probability of loot on ships after pilot bailing in the options (do it as long as you don't feel cheating yourself ;)). With my settings I normally get 8 - 10 Colossal shields out of a bailed Xenon or Kha'ak-M2. About half of the ships had Military versions (loot-shields are never mixed, are all from the same type).

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 00:12

Then what is the purpose of 'plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangeAdvShieldBuilding.xml'?
Considering the comments in the file say "enable/disable mil.shield building for player", and it produces a nice popup message box to that effect when executed from the script editor... I'd say it's supposed to toggle player factories ability to build military shields.
Guess it's just another broken / unfinished feature, this mod seems to have a lot of those.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 01:11

steve_v wrote:Then what is the purpose of 'plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangeAdvShieldBuilding.xml'?
Considering the comments in the file say "enable/disable mil.shield building for player", and it produces a nice popup message box to that effect when executed from the script editor... I'd say it's supposed to toggle player factories ability to build military shields.
Guess it's just another broken / unfinished feature, this mod seems to have a lot of those.
It does work--it should add military shields to the shield fab config list. The normal reputation rules still apply.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 13:10

something seems wrong with your missions steve_v - those issues have never cropped up before as far as i remember. Maybe also result of the sound beeing converted, i have no idea about the whole linux thing.
Missions playing entire sound file and khaak kyons fps drop are one indicator for this.
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

S_Ha
x4

Post by S_Ha » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:55

insolent1 wrote:
Xydonus wrote:Could someone upload and subsequently post a link to the Paranid Plot Fix for Xtended? The non-AP version is what I need.
http://www.filedropper.com/xtcparanidplotfix

I think this is the one as the other version I have says AP
Did the link expire or something? I just end up on the frontpage. :(

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 00:33

does anyone know where i can find some working render distance mods for this? the render distance is awfully small, if i enter a sector like armstrong i won't know where anything is.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 04:09

Killjaeden wrote:Maybe also result of the sound beeing converted, i have no idea about the whole linux thing.
Missions playing entire sound file and khaak kyons fps drop are one indicator for this.
Only the music files were converted, the GNU/Linux port doesn't include MP3 codecs. Nothing in the voice audio file was touched, nor did it need to be as it's a WAV file.
I don't know about the khaak weapon sound, I assume it's in that file somewhere. Didn't touch it.

As for the mission bugs, at a stretch, I might suspect some text file (CR/LF) encoding issues or filename case sensitivity causing problems. Anyone got his running properly on OSX or GNU/Linux so I can rule that out?

Then again, I don't really care anymore, I've pretty much given up on this mod.
As cool as it is, the appalling battle framerate just kills it. Annoying mission bugs I can deal with, but running like a sllideshow on a 4960X / GTX1070 is not acceptable.

Just loaded up AP + XRM + a bunch of other mods, and framerate is silky. Dunno what's wrong with XTC, but the performance difference between these two installs is night and day. No bugged missions here either.

Ooh, and XRM actually distributes GNU/Linux compatible music... and an installation method that doesn't require a Windoze VM...

Maybe I'll check back some day and see if anyone still loves this enough to finish the AP port (or upload the various fixes). I'm guessing running on AP will help performance some.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 19:56

Your framerate issues are definitely related to you running it on linux and having to convert something. There is no framerate drop, or sound bug in the normal version and the missions are fine as well (there are bugs, but not the kind you are experiencing).
Textfiles need to be in UTF-8 format for the game to read correctly (IF i remember correctly, if).

I'm the last person around here who was part of the XTC team and it's 7 years after first release now. Dont expect any wonders...
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”