X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 18:17

I thought Lucike updated his scripts ages ago to work it Xtended? They seemed to work for me, but I've not re-installed them yet this game.

Scoob.

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 20:32

Killjaeden wrote:Hotfix V2.2a for XTC-AP available:
Laserproblem fixed
Galaxy map fixed
Start scene fixed
Pirate & Yaki patrols fixed

preliminary download (hint: if you dont use Adblock, the smallest download button is the real one :roll: )

Unpack into the directory with the X3AP.exe in it

Hotfix V2.2a for XTC available:

preliminary download (hint: if you dont use Adblock, the smallest download button is the real one :roll: )

Unpack into the directory with the X3TC.exe in it
The files are askingand I quote (please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click okay) well I clicked it just get same message. I have version 2.2 and my x3 disc in it. Windows cannot extra and 7zip can't either get the same message
This reminds me of a story
i was............

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 23:16

Killjaeden was just wondering why the Taipan's side turrets don't turn in like the other Split capitol ships side turrets do???

Don't get me wrong its a very powerful ship (and a cracking model....proper 1st class) but just for race consistency thought it would copy the Python, Raptor and Tiger in allowing its side turrets to fire fully forward...so allowing it to fire 36 anti-cap guns at a dead ahead target!!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 23:38

Sn4kemaster wrote:Killjaeden was just wondering why the Taipan's side turrets don't turn in like the other Split capitol ships side turrets do???

Don't get me wrong its a very powerful ship (and a cracking model....proper 1st class) but just for race consistency thought it would copy the Python, Raptor and Tiger in allowing its side turrets to fire fully forward...so allowing it to fire 36 anti-cap guns at a dead ahead target!!
Because the player is already way more powerfull then AI, this would make it even easier and the ship too strong. AI can't use this trick.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 11:18

Scoob wrote:I thought Lucike updated his scripts ages ago to work it Xtended? They seemed to work for me, but I've not re-installed them yet this game.

Scoob.
So, what's the current recommended way to get the CAG into XTC?

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 15:24

@Boringnick
Someone over at TXU put together a package designed to work properly, so I would either go get that or follow the instructions in a particularly long thread there.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 16:52

Raider480 wrote:@Boringnick
Someone over at TXU put together a package designed to work properly
This?

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/234 ... patibility

Is it bug free? Reading the linked thread I am not entirely sure.

By the way, advice for the devs of this mod: Given the popularity of the CAG and the CLS, a working version should have been included into XTC right away, or at least put into an optional XTC bonus pack. Hunting for a compatible version on the various forums is suboptimal.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:16

Have a look at this thread .

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:23

zazie wrote:Have a look at this thread .
It seems only to contain the CLS, not the CAG.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 02:02

? The hotfix for AP - Do we use the original v2 installer .. On AP, then apply the hotfix ?

Also, will the hotfix be getting a download link that works ( No adblock, but I do use MVPS hosts file which is more effective than adblock, and browsing with a chrome fork in use with no plugins, no java restriction ( allowed java script for the site - The small button being the real download button does not work ) )

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 18:28

I have another question regarding this CAG package:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/234 ... patibility

It overwrites some XTC files, and the The "X-Tended - Terran Conflict 2.2r" string that appears when a game is started is in red (usually it's green).

If I don't overwrite the files, the CAG seems to be still there, and the XTC string appears green, but I am not sure whether the CLS and CAG will work flawlessly.

So, what to do? Overwrite the files, or don't overwrite them?

Some of the files that get overwritten by the package are !ship.cmd.follow.pl.pck in scripts and 7213-L044.xml in t.

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 09:28

Darkwolf7 wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:Hotfix V2.2a for XTC-AP available:
Laserproblem fixed
Galaxy map fixed
Start scene fixed

Unpack into the directory with the X3AP.exe in it

Hotfix V2.2a for XTC available:

Unpack into the directory with the X3TC.exe in it
The files are askingand I quote (please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click okay) well I clicked it just get same message. I have version 2.2 and my x3 disc in it. Windows cannot extra and 7zip can't either get the same message
Could really use a answer what to do here
i was............

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 10:22

Hi Darkwolf7,

can you list the steps you are taking just before you get the message ?
Still life in the old dog yet...

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 11:49

Thank you for the new version!

Before I start playing the XTC version though, I want to ask what do you think about the XAP Prototype so far? Is it that buggy?

I would start playing that instead if its playable...

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:35

Vayde wrote:Hi Darkwolf7,

can you list the steps you are taking just before you get the message ?
Pretty basic:
download file.
Right click on file
Go to extract then get the message.

Or start 7 zip try to extract and failure to extract file.

I cannot even explore the file.
i was............

Maliki
x3tc

where do I

Post by Maliki » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 23:54

get the latest version of PM for AB? And where do I put the file if I'm using Steam to play the game. I never had gotten a clear answer.

Tableuraz

Post by Tableuraz » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 16:34

Hi, I am new to this mod and it seems quite amazing, all this new stuff ! It's just like a new X3 extension !

I have some questions though :
-Where do I get the Trade Software Mk3 ?
-Are the vanilla sectors still there ? And if so, where should I go to find them ?

Also, any advices to start as a peaceful trader ? ^_^

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 16:18

It is sold at Teladi EQ-Docks and some Race-Military Outposts.
No, the Vanilla-Sectors are not in this mod. Be aware that the XTC-Universe will expand ...

If you prefer the "Trader-Options" I suggest you choose the "Teladi"-start ("Nividium Horizon" iirc). You start with a freighter and an M4. Your reputation settings allow to trade with most races. Do not enter Terran Core-Sectors before repairing your rep with them and be extremely careful with Aldrin-sectors and -ships as one single wrong shot will bring you from -3 to-4 - and this means, that Aldrin patrols will hunt you and/or your ship thoughout the universe if you came into their scanner range in one of the Aldrin Core Sectors.

It is not too difficult to improve your rep with Pirates. If you want to do so, you must set each of your ships friend-foe-settings according to "Pirates = friend" and NO to "Show enemies if enemy to me".

Tableuraz

Post by Tableuraz » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 17:30

Well, I don't really want to be friendly to the pirates as they keep ****** up my ships so I keep destroying theirs
And I started with the Argon trader scenario, and after some tears, blood and sweat I have successfully set a universal trader and I am about to arm a second one, but the pirates are really annoying and keep destroying my sattelites.

Well, at least I keep finding abandonned ships, I'm currently flying in a Blastclaw, this ship is ugly but oh so powerful ! :lol:

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 20:33

Has anyone mashed up a cockpit mod for version 2 they wouldn't mind sharing?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”