[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 03:44

@ MadDog101

Hi,

I take it from your join date (today) that you aren't very familiar with how to use scripts and mods, which is not a problem, so I'll give a brief overview.

Scripts are written to be run by the games script engine, these are to be installed into the 'scripts' and 't' folders that are located in the games main directory folder. These are normally packed as SPK files that require Cycrows' plugin manager to install or as a zip folder that can be extracted to the games main directory.

Mods are modifications to the game files as found in the std cat/dat pairs in the game directory, files like Tdocks, Tstations, Tships etc. These are normally packed as cat/dat pairs in a zip folder by their creators. These can be extracted to either the 'mod' folder in the main directory or extracted to the main directory and have their name changed to the next highest cat/dat pair, ie 15 ...

As this is a script, you can either download the SKP version or the ZIP version, both are available for you to choose from in the Opening Post of this thread. If you use the Zip version just download the file to a folder of your choice on your computer and then extract it and set the extract to folder as the X3TC main folder. All script and t files will then be extracted and placed in the correct folders for you.

Hope this helps. If you have any more question don't hesitate to ask.

MarCon

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 02:02

Thank you for that reminder mark_a_condren! :P I so love this game and all that can be done with it. If your banking script works and has no conflicts with my current game, I'll make it one of my must haves. The concept is sound and fantastic!

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 06:29

I seem to have an issue with my Universal Banking mod, whither it presides in a conflict between it and another, or an installation issue I have no idea. I have tried both methods of installation. The SPK and the zip. Here are some screenshots depicting my predicament, as I have no idea what information to offer in order to help you help me lol.

--= Images removed as requested. =--

I'm really no expert but it seems like my computer has an issue with the script or something. I dono. Its over my head. Hope I can get some help lol
Last edited by Shockonator on Tue, 23. Aug 11, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:02

@ Shockonator

:o Not good ...

It's not a conflict with anything else. It looks like there is a script file missing or not running :? . The one that monitors and creates the accounts arrays if they don't exist.

Q's for you.
What version of the plugin manager are you using?
What order did you do the installs, spk then zip or the other way around?
What version of windows?
When you had the first problem, did you use the option to 'remove scripts' from the options menu? If you didn't this may cause the problem to remain even after reinstalling the zip version, as the part of the script that creates everything on first run will not have run on the second install because when it checked for the files it would have found them and not recreated them. Thus any error on the first creation would remain.

The more of this info you can give me the better i can help you.

TRY this,
So uninstall from the script options menu in game (do complete remove), and wait until you get the subtitle message that it's uninstalled. Exit the game and uninstall the scripts, if you are using win7 make sure you get rid of all the hidden files it creates as well. Load the game and then save it. Exit the game and reload the scripts, use the zip files, then load the save you just created. Check if it's now working.

Let me know if this works, if not can you pls provide the answers to the Q's i asked.

EDIT:
Can i get you to take the image tags off the pics pls, thought the info they showed was helpful, they are way to big, thanks

MarCon

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 13:00

Plugin Version - 1.30

Install order - SPK first, then removed via Manager, then the zip version.

Version of windows - Windows 7

I attempted to uninstall the script inside the game through the scripts uninstall option, however I was unable. When ever I clicked on the uninstall function it simply took me back to a previous page. The one that displays the bank accounts and other various information.

When the issue first occurred I did not try to uninstall it through the script right off the bat. I removed the spk by uninstalling it through the manager, then installed the zip version. Perhaps the problem lies there, but I'm curious as to what caused it to malfunction in the first place.

Going to try manually removing it all, then saving like I THINK you suggested :p

:EDIT:

Okay so, manually removed all of the files that were included in the zip file. Upon reentering the game after starting it up again I noticed no mention of the script being uninstalled. However, the "Custom: option in the command console didn't exist anymore.

Also, pressing s in the command console does not open the script editor for me.. :S not sure what to do there.

:EDIT 2:

New development. I am re installing the game lol. I figure it will be easier.

If the issue with the Universal Bank arises again I will make an edit.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 14:38

@ Shockonator

You said you used Plugin Manager Version - 1.30

Use [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 6 : 22/05/2011

I think that was the problem.

MarCon

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 16:18

Hmm this is totally weird. I updated to the newest manager like you said. But the script doesn't appear to be any different. I mean to say that it is exactly the same as it was before I re installed and all that... not working lol.

I removed all the files from the Documents folder etc.. there is no reason any of the old information should still be functioning. Ill give you a list of the other scripts I am using.

ADAMs - ITT

Advanced Jumpdrive

Command Queing

Equipment Research and Development

Logain Industries CsecG

Salvage Claim Software

Skill up Notification

Universal Banking :)

Cmod3 for Terran Conflict

Community Plugin Config

Hotkey Manager

Ware Manager

I don't know what the heck is going on lol. I really want to make it work though.

:edit:

Okay so, I just disabled U.B. before uninstalling it. So there shouldn't be any residue from the script. :p

I am going to re download the spk file and see if it is just a corrupt download. You said it looked as if a bit of the script was missing or something. We shall see!

ALAS! I finally appears to be working as intended. I reapplied patch 2.5 and huzzah! Unfortunatly I did three thigns so Im not sure which is actually the one that worked.

- I reapplied patch 2.5

- I enabled U.B. before cmod3

- Did the derp dance.

When I did load the game up the cmod red tint to the menu was gone... so I'm not entirely sure if the two conflict or if Cmod3 dosen't use the red tint. Going to load the game up again and see if it works.

:Edit2:

Odd. The tell-tail signs of Cmods presences in my game are no longer existent. I would have to try out the combat to see if it is vanilla or not. Except... I don't remember ever fighting with vanilla combat.

However, U.B. is fully operational! Do you think U.B. and Cmod conflict with each other?
Last edited by Shockonator on Tue, 23. Aug 11, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 16:52

@ Shockonator

When you uninstalled TC did you got in and delete the 'Egosoft' folder in your 'Program Files' folder. You need to do this to get rid of any backup files that Win7 creates. You said you did it for the Documents folder, but did you also do it for the 'Program Files' folder?

The only thing i can think of is that there is still part of the bad install left from your first install with the wrong Plugin Manager.

Nothing in your other installed files should effect Universal Banking.

MarCon

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 16:57

Yes, I purged everything relating to x3 from my computer lol.

Universal Banking is working as intended. Either it was reapplying the patch, or enabling UB before Cmod. Refer to countless edits on previous post lol.

Thank you very much for your help Mark_a_Condren. I expect to be rolling in the monnies very soon. :D

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 02:31

Shockonator wrote:- Did the derp dance.
That's what fixed it .... :thumb_up:

Also, sometimes if the game is trying to load to much new stuff at load time it can miss some files. I haven't had any reports of cmod and UB conflicting, so who knows. As long as you have got it working lets just call it a win. I hope you enjoy the script.

MarCon

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 27. Aug 11, 15:09

Does this banking has a readme file with instructions? I have downloaded, instaalled and a hotkey for it. But either I am doing something wrong or can get the stations money transfered.

Thanks.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 28. Aug 11, 09:47

i64man wrote:Does this banking has a readme file with instructions? I have downloaded, instaalled and a hotkey for it. But either I am doing something wrong or can get the stations money transfered.

Thanks.
The only instructions are in the OP and the rest of this thread.

Select 'Station Credit Manager' from the banking menu. Select the 'Manage linked accounts' to be able to specify where credits go or come from, then use the 'Add Station' choice and you can add stations to the monitoring. The station(s) will the show on the 'Station Credit Manager' menu. They will have 'Not Set' under the amounts heading. Select a station from the menu to be taken to the menu where you can set the lower and upper limits. That's it, done, the script does the rest. You can add or remove Stations or accounts at any time.

Just remember to turn the standard Credit Transfer option for the station off first, the one in the extra station commands. There is no owner check in the std egosoft script and if you sell a station it will constantly fill the player credits up to full. There are checks in the script to prevent this, but it's better to turn it off anyway, you shouldn't have two scripts monitoring your stations credits.

MarCon

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Sat, 5. Nov 11, 06:37

How does the loan system work early game and how to mortgages work? I really just want this so I can start my game off strong and not feel like I'm cheating.
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Mon, 21. Nov 11, 02:47

This is awesome!
Many thanks for this script.

The only question I have is each account limit 1.5B credits and doesn't each station have a limit of 2B, same as the player account? Also, is there a sums total anywhere for all the accounts, i didn't see any even on the linked accounts as grand total. (like to see all my credits, lol)

Great script

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 08:08

Sorry for the late reply.

@rujikin

Loans and mortgages are based on your assets, you can't borrow more than you already have. The more loans etc you have had the better your credit rating and the bigger percentage of the total you can borrow. With a high enough credit rating you can take out loans over indefinite periods with just the interest being charge at repayment times. Like most things, if you want to bad enough you can cheat it, if you don't want to cheat that's fine, but it wasn't designed to give credits for nothing if that's what you were asking, loans etc cost.

@ zymurg

The 1.5Bn limit for accounts was done to give the script some 'working room' before the 2bn game limit was reached.

For the same reason, the 2bn game limit on numbers, there was deliberately no 'Grand Total' for accounts put in. It would be far more confusing 'I think' for players with a lot of credits in accounts to be looking at a negative number as a grand total. When the 2bn number limit (well a bit over really) is reached the game engine then reverts to displaying negative numbers.

But, thanks for your feedback and questions.

MarCon

marcelteaching

Suggestion

Post by marcelteaching » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 03:57

Absolutely love the script. Some suggestions :

1. It is too easy to increase credit ranking, simply by taking 10 small loans instead of one large one. Perhaps it should be based on the amount, and be increased gradually?

2. Would love to see more options unlock as you rank up, and more options! How about INSURANCE? (Sneaky thing would be premiums, increased claims = higher costs).

3. I would like it to message me when a loan becomes due, rather than have a credit rating loss due to an oversight.

Thanks for a great script!
True agony is installing x3 mod manager into the X3 install directory, uninstalling it when you discover you don't need it, and then unthinkingly selecting 'yes' to some question it asks you about deleting unknown files it found in its installation directory and then watching a painful 8GB steam download...

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 08:58

@ marcelteaching

Glad you like the script.

To answer you suggestions /questions.

1. There were a few ways the rank increase could have been done, by amount as you suggested was one of them. As it turned out, by each loan, regardless of amount, was the most stable and easy to keep track of way that was quite apparent to the player as to what was happening and how / why. I think it's up to the player as to if they want to take out small loans to boost rank (credit rating), pure player preferences. I don't think it will be getting changed any time soon, sorry.

2. LV did an Insurance script somewhere and from what i heard it was quite good. That might be something you might like to find and have a look at. To do it well is really quite involved and be an amazing headache to get right apparently. I just don't have the time lately to devote to such and endeavor. RL has got me by the short and curlies.

3. From memory you should already be notified re player logbook message that you have a loan repayment coming due. Didn't it get put into the options to turn these, and other, notifications on/off? (see, it's been a while since i even got time to play and use many of my own scripts, trying to remember what each did and how is getting to be a challenge 'I wonder if this could also be age related, Hmmm' :( ).

MarCon

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:31

Is it AP compatible?
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

marcelteaching

Post by marcelteaching » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 06:46

1 +3 Thanks! I will look into it a little more closely.
2. Is this the one? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=122756 If so, are reunion scripts compatible with X3TC?

And re. time, that's okay, I appreciate it very much!
True agony is installing x3 mod manager into the X3 install directory, uninstalling it when you discover you don't need it, and then unthinkingly selecting 'yes' to some question it asks you about deleting unknown files it found in its installation directory and then watching a painful 8GB steam download...

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:59

mcaule wrote:Is it AP compatible?
Not sure, should be though. It could do with updating to AP as well, just no time atm

@ marcelteaching

No that's not the one i ment, just looked for the one i did mean and can't find it anywhere, sorry. Reunion scripts will NOT work in TC or AP, unless it states they have been converted to do so. They should be listed in the TC and AP S&M forum if they have.

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”