[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 14:18

Universal Banking v502

You have gotta love it when your player credit account gets into the billions. But where to put those overflowing credits? One solutions is to stash them in factory accounts, great idea we all say. Then along comes the pirates / Xenon / Khaak etc and blows your credit holding station(s) to space dust .... Ahhhh .... Nooooooo ... my creditsssssss.

The solution is here, put them in a Bank!!!

The Universal Bank can hold you credits in user created accounts and earn you interest on funds deposited in them, Yes that's right, earn interest on your credits. You can also take out credit loans and/or mortgage your ships or stations. You can even sell those unwanted stations to the Bank. "How" you ask? well it is a Bank, isn't that what they do?

Another benefit of Universal Banking is its ability to monitor and manage your stations financial situation. you can set an upper and lower credit limit and the 'Station Financial Manager' will monitor your stations financial position and update its balance to maintain the correct amount of credits in its account. It will check every minute to ensure the correct balance is available.

MarCon Industries in cooperation with Teladi Financial Institutions have combined their efforts to make Universal Banking a reality.

Ok, now for some information you need to know.

- THIS WILL mark your game as ***modified***
- The script editor has to be activated - Thereshallbewings (it will be automatically anyway)
- X3TC v2.5 or above is required, as it uses some of the new script commands.

You MUST turn OFF the standard 'Auto Credit Transfer to Player Account' station credit management or you WILL encounter a bug resulting in the player getting their account topped up to 2,000,000,000 credits repeatedly if you SELL a Station you own. There is nothing that can be done about this bug at this time. The ONLY recourse if you encounter this bug is to reload a previous save before encountering this bug. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Downloads:
Available for Download in the following formats:

SPK:
[ external image ] Do not used this spk with the XTC mod, it will conflict. Please use the zip version below.

SPK Installation:
Use Cycrows Plugin Manager, [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 6 : 22/05/2011.
(you must use the latest beta version for best compatibility)

OR

ZIP:
[ external image ]

Zip Installation:
Install by extracting the Zip file to your X3TC main folder or extract them to a place of your choice and manually copy them to the correct folders in your X3TC folder.

Translated 't' file:
French t file provided by loupgarou93

Updating from v4 / v501 to v502
There is no need to use the Update Option in the Options menu to stop the script. This update can be installed 'Over the Top' of a v501 installation.

For the SPK version, remove v501 and then install v502 using Cycrows Plugin Manager, [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 6 : 22/05/2011. (you must use the latest beta version for best compatibility). For the ZIP version, copy the new files 'Over the Top' of the existing file and select 'Replace' if prompted.

In Game
  • Open Universal Banking menu.
  • Goto Options
  • Select 'Uninstall Menu'
  • Select 'I want to Update'
  • Wait approx 30 seconds to get 'Universal Banking Ready to be Updated' subtitle
  • Open Universal Banking Menu
  • Set and Save your Options
  • Good to go!
Updating from v4 to v501
There is no need to use the Update Option in the Options menu to stop the script. This update can be installed 'Over the Top' of a v4 installation.

For the SPK version, remove v4 and then install v5 using Cycrows Plugin Manager, [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 6 : 22/05/2011. (you must use the latest beta version for best compatibility). For the ZIP version, copy the new files 'Over the Top' of the existing file and select 'Replace' if prompted.

Starting the AL Plugin:
There is no need to do anything special, just set the Hotkey if you want or open the script from your ships command console. Start using the script, any AL Plugin components that are required will be started 'Automatically'.

Stopping the AL Plugin ready for Uninstallation:
- Remove ALL credits from ALL Bank accounts.
- Goto the 'Options' menu and select 'Uninstall' and then make your selection from the available options.
- Wait until you get the Subtitle message informing you that the script has been stopped and is ready to be uninstalled.

Removal:
SPK:
Use Cycrows Plugin Manager, [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 6 : 22/05/2011. (you must use the latest beta version for best compatibility)

ZIP:
Remove Manually.

Resources Used:
COMMAND SLOTS : 1
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_50 -> MARCON_UNIVERSAL_BANKING

t id :
= 750

text file page id:
= 9750

Permissions :
You have my permission to use this Script package or part thereof in your your own work if you so wish. Please give credit if you do.

You can find an Unedited Permissions Statement Here :

Credits :
Logain Abler (LA) - Always a source of encouragement and help.
Idea - Behind the scene but at the forefront of ideas and feedback.
Nho - Always there for helpful suggestions.
Mutiny1 - Makes you chase bugs like a hungry lizard.
XanII - Always gotta find a way to make a credit, especially if its a oversight on the scripters behalf.
Cycrow - For posting his lib files for us to use. Thanks.
Samuel Creshal - For suggested improvements to the reporting (if it's not busted, it soon will be).
loupgarou93 - For the French translation of the t file.

And Many Many Others, Thanks.

Version Info :
V502 - 26-Jan-11
  • Added option to turn High / Low Account balance warning messages On / Off.
  • Added option to turn Account interest payments On / Off
  • Corrected bug with interest payment reporting giving wrong account balance when 'Auto Account' was created.
V501 - 22-Nov-10
  • Confirmation on 'Close Account' not showing fixed.
V5 - 22-Nov-10
  • Player account does work with station cr management.
  • You can define station credit management accounts before selecting stations to add.
  • Fixing accounts showing as 'null' in station credit manager account select screen when they have been deleted or closed.
  • Withdrawals show correctly in 'Report' menu.
  • ReadText in 'Report' menu, should have been 'Playing Time :'.
  • Added a 'Reporting' option to wipe only one type of transaction (deposit/withdraw/...), via updated 'Delete Options' menu.
  • Corrected and 'Reduced' the number of message you receive re accounts have to much money or not enough. (but it will still pester you to fix it )
  • Now will 'Auto Create' a bank account to deposit funds into if a station manager account will be 'over filled' by a deposit.
  • Now will 'Auto Create' a bank account to deposit funds into if an account will be 'over filled' by an 'Interest Payment'.
  • When setting credit levels in 'Station Credit Manager', all stations of a 'Class' or 'Type' can be set at the same time to the same values.
  • And there was a few minor 'cosmetic' fixed or changes to menus.
V401 - 04-Nov-10
  • - Missing Text from 't' File Fixed.
    - Bank Account Transfer Amount Display Fixed.
    - Rare Game Freeze when creating new account Fixed.
V4 - 03-Nov-10
  • - Text Hotfix.
V4 - 02-Nov-10
  • - Stand alone release.

Notice:
When using 'Station Credit Manager', please turn off the standard 'Auto Credit Transfer to Player Account' from the station command console if you are using it. You MUST turn it OFF if you are using 'Station Credit Manager' or going to 'Sell' a station you own. This will stop the 2 credit management systems from having conflicts and causing possible issues and prevent the 2,000,000,000 cr player account balance bug if you sell a station.

Screenshots and further info:

Main Menu:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Options Menu:
[ external image ]

Account Info/Management Menu:
[ external image ]

Loan/Mortgage Selection Menu:
[ external image ]

Loan/Mortgage Offer Menu: (credit loan offer shown, The higher your credit rating, the more offers are made to you, upto a max of 3)
[ external image ]

Station Management Menu:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Tue, 23. Aug 11, 15:03, edited 13 times in total.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 15:18

Holy crap it's on! Testing right away!

I've found a couple of ReadText errors.ID 718,ID 1209 and ID 1210 are missing.Will keep a look out for other things.Also a question,when selling station are all wares' prices calculated from the average ware price?

Edit: It seems when you withdraw from an account it will not show the correct accounts balance in max amount you can withdraw at the withdrawal input window.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 00:35

@Glimpse

You got to be kidding me !!! but i know your not.

I'll get onto em as soon as i can this evening and post a fix. Sorry for the stuff up people.

MarCon

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 02:16

Ah don't worry.It works without a problem and it has already made me fire my protection force to protect dummy banks. :P

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 02:23

Money money money!

Thanks for releasing this, can't wait to try this.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 03:55

Text Hotfix Available.
Here is the fix for the readtext issues. :oops:

Hotfix

Extract the zip to your 't' folder or extract and copy to your 't' folder and overwrite the existing file when prompted.

It adds the missing text.

The '0' (Zero) values issue will be fixed tonight. It appears to only happen when you go to transfer credits from one account to another and when selecting the account to transfer it to you selects the 'Create New Account' option :( . For now just create the new account first then go in and transfer credits to it and the issue does not occure. :D

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 16:04

Update Released v401

Version Info :
V401 - 04-Nov-10
  • - Missing Text from 't' File Fixed.
    - Bank Account Transfer Amount Display Fixed.
    - Rare Game Freeze when creating new account Fixed.
See OP for updated DL links.

Feedback and bug reports welcome. Have Fun.

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 18:28

Just a piece of advice, where it says 2.5 is required, put 'or more recent'. Someone is bound to read it wrong.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 14:46

Hmm after replacing the T file,it didn't fix the problems.I wonder if I have to uninstall and reinstall completely.I've also installed the 401 along with it but no effect.I'll try reinstalling now.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 07:03

Hi all,

Screenshots uploaded to the OP.

MarCon

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 08:58

I love screenshots.

Still gotta try this out, but haven't had time :(

Maybe next week!
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 00:26

Uninstall doesn't seem to remove the Interface hotkey. I waited till it said "scripts disabed, you can uninstall the scripts", saved the game, exit, removed the scripts, and the command is still there.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 01:00

Sesk

I've noticed this can be a problem if you are running cycrows hotkey manager. I'm working on a way to rectify it if this is the case.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 13:42

Thanks LA

I'm rather fond of and attached to yours as well :thumb_up:

MarCon

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 03:26

I hope you get the problem fixed.

Good script idea, keep up the work.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 05:53

The problem is with Hotkey Manager putting the hotkey back after it has been removed, apparently.

I'm not going to be investigating any further into this matter as i will be removing support for Hotkey Manager in the next version anyway. Not due to any issues with Hotkey Manager, but rather there is no need for it any more. The uninstall script has to be run anyway when removing Universal Banking so it handles the hotkey removal while removing everything else. This will stop any conflicts or issues that are currently being experienced.

MarCon

Mutiny1

Post by Mutiny1 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 15:31

Excellent... Your back.. I'll give this a try!
This is mi syg.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”