[MD-Script] RSM - Random Sectors Management 1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 07:46

Awesome AWESOME idea, but will it slow down my game? If so how bad? Has it been tested with all sectors added to see how much things slow down?

wellmaddy

Post by wellmaddy » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 08:07

Maybe silly but whats ->STO 1.51

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 08:13

Ketraar Posted a link to it in his first post on this subject on the first page. Its near the bottom. I recommend IR though but that's me.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 11:10

FYI: after a chat with Trickmov I can inform you that I will make NPC take over the RSM sectors using STO 1.53.
For the IR users, no worries it will not affect you.

As for performance questions:
Its always up to users to decide IF they want and IF their PC can handle it. As usual I take performance issues into consideration and this MD-Script adds almost no performance issues. Unlike malinson said this script does not affect performance.

Using IR or STO and populating the new sectors WILL affect your performance, but that's pretty obvious. If you need a performance boost use performance enhancement mods, like tubeless complex, no civs, etc. but its basically up to you.

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: If an IR user could post here some feedback on how and if that works OK as is would be nice.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 19:07

Yea, I was wondering what this was going to do to performance. Right now my empire causes my mouse to lag in game. I'm starting to push the limits without these extra sectors. Anyone explore what kind of cpu hit one would get with the eventual growth of another hundred sectors or so?

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 19:48

Last edited by malinson on Fri, 29. Oct 10, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:00

please...I beg you... don't turn this into yet another X-online debate.
There are plenty of those if you want to add more to the existing ones. :evil:

ok,rant over.
I really do like this idea,When you have played the same game for so long,explored all the sectors,and have ST's / or UT's etc in most of them,it becomes refreshing to have something else to explore.
When ANH came out I branched my game into each of the new ANH sectors,so that I had more than one new sector to look at and explore.

So Thanks Ketraar.Up until now every player had an identical universe map each time they restarted a new game..Now we can have variations each time we restart.

What would be nice is if it could be implemented in the game start,so that we would have a random universe,except for mission - critical sectors. :)

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:39

can someone direct me to a No-civilians mod?i heard that such a mod don't trigger the modified tag either...thx

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:48

@malinson
Please stop spamming my topic. If you have anything useful to say on topic feel free to do so, otherwise don't.
None is forced to use this script, if you don't like it, don't use it.
I urge you to read what you posted and look where you posted it and then figure it out if it makes any sense having done so.

@TTD
RSM is actually a partial result form that idea of a random generated universe. I'm still keeping some neurons on that , but like I said a few posts back, Jobs are not making things easy and plots are sure ruined as they are inflexible like stone still attached to the mountain. :roll:

Anyway, we shall not give up hope. :-)

@unknown1
[MOD] No Civilians

Next time feel free to look it up in the Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict

MFG

Ketraar

wellmaddy

Post by wellmaddy » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 22:07

(((Forgive me for all the typeos and stuff I am dislexyic and hate typeing at the best of times =])))
With the random universe, would it not be possiable to say force the player to start as say Borons(just to get it to work the first time, starting in kingdoms end) with gates -> to Menelaus' Frontier. So their is a Base for Player to start in. Say the some fixed locations like ArgonP/ParnidP etc etc for the plots but you cannot get to these places untill the gate network gets to them.

Also say were Argon Normal systems are their is say 90% chance of it being Argon, 10% Unknown. this could be applyed to were other races are too. like Empire mines is Parnid so 90% and 10% unknown. But the systems would connect in random ways, I did I drawing how it would/may look like *Forgive me drawing I know its Bad*
[ external image ]

If this was possible then all plot Systems Could be fixed and all randoms sectors places between them. I not sure how this could be done as I am No good at scripts/programing and I have great repect for those who can. =]
Also if it worked with STO then the sectors would get Populated with the stations who owned the sector. when you Connected their homeworld to the network. IE even if you connected all the sectors south of Boron were argon they would be empty untill you connected Argon Prime to those Sectors. =]

**Edit**
On the picture you see I connected the systems this would be random in and different in different games =].

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 23:01

... or start of in a half decent trade sector.
Each new sector is joined as you achieve certain targets

eg

gain first 1,000 credits in ship account.
= first sector
upgrade cargo bay to maximum
= second sector
upgrade engine tuning to maximum
= 3rd sector
max rudder tuning
= 4th

By this time there should be at least one shipyard and 25mj shield production facility.

So you could move on to shields and then buying first ship etc etc.

So you will always have something to achieve if you want to explore further into the universe and start doing the plot missions.

...Just an idea. I am thinking of playing my next game with a similar set of rules.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 01:23

Guys... lets try to focus on what we have here now, which is RSM. Like I said before, its not like I didn't think of it yet, just didn't come up with a feasible way of doing it. Jobs are a pain as they are not very flexible. The first result from the random universe idea is this.

It still needs some tweaking, like adding NPC population using STO. Still no real feedback from IR users. Only with feedback can this be developed further. Once RSM works without flaws, or almost, then we can think the next step, and here I mean more the technical issues rather than the ideological ones. ;-)

Don't get me wrong here, you are free to post ideas as you like, but I rather had some feedback first :-P

MFG

Ketraar

wellmaddy

Post by wellmaddy » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 02:28

@Ketraar
I dont currently have IR installed, if its easy to remove I will add it as I have like 30 extra sectors now and I will put it on Seta over night and see if they build in them if you wish and give you some feed back.

wellmaddy

Post by wellmaddy » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 02:44

I have Installed IR and I will make a detail report on if they build new sectors etc. it will be in a follow up post.

wellmaddy

Post by wellmaddy » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 03:54

After 45 mins (IRL time) running on seta, 5 sectors changed hands, But not one new sector got taken over.

I belive the reson is becuase they Not owned by anyone, their is NO hostial reson to take over the system, IF IR was changed to acttack/take over unclaimed systems I belive it would work with all your new systems.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 04:54

No need to get angry I just asked what kind of slowdowns I might expect from using this mod. I like the idea. But I just want to know. Also do random spawns from the Kha'ak and the like happen in them or are they just totally empty?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 04:57

Err don't think Ketraar got angry in the slightest there mate...

Also currently only Kha'ak might randomly attack them. Without STO or another script for taking control of the sectors there won't be anything populating them from what I see. Just asking in the IR thread if their takeover script has expansion as well as just combat takeovers.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 05:03

Notes from an IR Developer(Myself):

IR's Economic booster should (im pretty sure it will) extend into the new sectors, but only if they have .bod files, If not... Then the Get all Sectors in range command will not function correctly, and will ignore the gate connection

IR will also launch assaults on these new sectors, so if you spawn unknown sectors, races will take them over

These sectors to IR are no different to anything already in the universe
@Ketraar
I dont currently have IR installed, if its easy to remove I will add it as I have like 30 extra sectors now and I will put it on Seta over night and see if they build in them if you wish and give you some feed back.
SETA'ing for too long(at a high value) with IR running will cause IR to completely stall (it will take about 10+ hours of constant SETA but it can happen... Due to the way IR's timing works... If you do attempt this do not use a seta value above 4

-------------
There will be one issue with this and IR however
Due to the way IR stores sector data, The new sectors will be IMPOSABLE TO RESTORE OWNERSHIP!
Meaning, That Once IR changes ownership, the clean universe function will NOT restore it to original ownership

IR backs up sectors at game start, because these sectors don't exist at game start, it wont have any backup data
FYI: after a chat with Trickmov I can inform you that I will make NPC take over the RSM sectors using STO 1.53.
For the IR users, no worries it will not affect you.
Eh... Im pretty sure that IR and STO are going to start fighting ... I had STO installed alongside IR before and IR started crying
After 45 mins (IRL time) running on seta, 5 sectors changed hands, But not one new sector got taken over.

I belive the reson is becuase they Not owned by anyone, their is NO hostial reson to take over the system, IF IR was changed to acttack/take over unclaimed systems I belive it would work with all your new systems.
If the new sectors have NO owner, then i can see an issue with IR scripts... IR inst built to handle NULL race values, In-fact it could potentially stall IR and prevent it from functioning all together,
but sectors without owners should be set to Unknown
If set to unknown IR will function as intended

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 05:33

Is there a way to get IR to backup sector data as they are created?
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 05:36

TrixX wrote:Is there a way to get IR to backup sector data as they are created?
Not sure, Thats one system in IR i haven't fooled with for fear of breaking it

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”