[Mod] Apricot Tree SuperHub v2.01 for TCv3 / New Xenon Incursion version !

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 11:08

Use the MD power to change sector ID "on the fly".

<set_sector_override textid=""/>

Assigning an ID from page 7

MFG

Ketraar

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 07:27

minor update to v1.02.

Script change to stop the sectors becoming overrun with advanced satelites. :oops:

Redownload the v1.02 zip. Does not require a restart.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 02:19

Notes :

I'm liking the way this is working on the game.

By making crossing the universe much quicker, I'm finding some interesting effects.

Trade is much more effective, because traders can now find the products stations want and get them there much faster.

The races are interreacting much more. Because the Tree creates shortcuts that join race space within a few jumps, and so I'm finding whole fleets of a different race traversing sectors (and often shooting the locals as they go). And this is without race response or improved races scripts of any kind. There is now a lot of fleet movement going on. At the moment, I have a Paranid fleet in CBSE heading north, for no apparent reason, and the locals are bailing out in droves as they progress, so they are obviously shooting.

Race fleets are turning up in the xenon sectors a lot. I've never seen this before. Now I'm seeing an M1 or M2, with M7 support and a dozen or so various fighters, not only entering the Xenon sectors, but actively engaging the xenon. The only thing they dont do is trash the stations.

This last was really unexpected, since I deliberately chose to gate sectors away from the xenon sectors, so the xenon would not find migrating easier. But it seems to allow race fleets access to the xenon sectors where before they were too far away.

Oddly, I'm not getting as much traffic through the Hub as I expected, which seems to indicate that the Tree has radically changed the directions that ships are taking. Instead of going through a gate to get to the sector on the other side, they are going through to go somewhere different. On the other hand, my Trading Dock in the hub is doing good business after I stock it up each time.

Something I tried to be different was that I thought the Hub itself should be capable of generating ecells (given the look through the gaps), so I set it to always remain full, and set to 12. So far, no sales at all, which surprised me. But there is a price of 12 within 3 jumps, so obviously the tree now joins with a sector 1 jump from a major ecell production sector. (Might have to find it and do some subtle sabotage lol)

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 02:29

so what do i need to do if anything to get this to work with DDTC wich adds a sector

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:12

I've just looked at DDTC, and it is much more than adding a sector. The map is very extensively changed.

I could add my changes into the DDTC map, but I dont know what the repercussions of doing so would be. There is at least 1 station change in Farnams Legend for example, and I remove all stations and roids from that sector.

What I have done is pretty basic.

Put it this way. If you are happy to lose everything in Farnam's Legend, Bala Gi's Joy and Olmankalots Treaty, I can cut and paste my sectors into the DDTC map replacing whats there, and give you a false patch to use after DDTC as a false patch, or as a map file to unzip into the maps folder to override the mod (whichever you prefer).

But if those sectors are important to DDTC (especially if a unique station is only in one of those sectors), then its probably better you ask one of the DDTC team to merge my map into theirs, rearranging their sectors so it works, releasing that as a patch to DDTC. (send me a copy to host as well). At a guess, they will need to move all roids and stations to outside the ring of gates, since the traffic between the gates is such that the whole internal area should be clear. Since I'm unfamiliar with DDTC, its not something I really want to mess with, and moving all the roids and stations is reasonable job, which is why I deleted everything in the first place.

If someone on the DDTC team (or any mod team) would like to use this idea within their mod, all I ask is that you keep the Apricot Tree sector names, and send me a copy of the modified map file, so I can host it next to mine.
Last edited by apricotslice on Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:14

What about using 3 new sectors and link them to the mentioned sectors?
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:20

thanks for the reply i'll get on them

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:26

StarCrack wrote:thanks for the reply i'll get on them

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:29

TrixX wrote:What about using 3 new sectors and link them to the mentioned sectors?
So far, I havent been successful in adding new sectors.

I guess thats the next step. It was easier to prototype using existing sectors than to work out everything to do with new ones. Now I've some expereince with modifying sectors, maybe adding new ones will be easier. I'll have to see.

If I can get new sectors into the game, then that will make merging much easier, assuming that any mod doesnt already use a sector I choose.

My preference for new sectors is 12,8, 13,7 and 13,9, being the 3 sectors adjacent to the Hub sector.

Does DDTC use any of them ? (Or any other mod for that matter ?)

By moving the Tree sectors, the 3 used now would return to normal. I basically chose them, because they didnt seem to have any real significance to anyone/race/plot in TC.
StarCrack wrote:thanks for the reply i'll get on them
Worth asking the question to see what they say. But I will give creating new sectors another go, and as long as DDTC doesnt use the sectors I choose, then adding the new ones is just a matter of pasting in 3 sectors and then changing 14 gates.

I'll see how I go. New sectors would be best all round, and since I can now see the idea working, its worth while making the effort to make new sectors for this.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:37

the only sector thet DDTC ads is west of heretics end north of Elysium of light

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:42

Good, that makes it easier.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 06:07

apricotslice wrote:
TrixX wrote:What about using 3 new sectors and link them to the mentioned sectors?
So far, I havent been successful in adding new sectors.

I guess thats the next step. It was easier to prototype using existing sectors than to work out everything to do with new ones. Now I've some expereince with modifying sectors, maybe adding new ones will be easier. I'll have to see.

If I can get new sectors into the game, then that will make merging much easier, assuming that any mod doesnt already use a sector I choose.

My preference for new sectors is 12,8, 13,7 and 13,9, being the 3 sectors adjacent to the Hub sector.

Does DDTC use any of them ? (Or any other mod for that matter ?)

By moving the Tree sectors, the 3 used now would return to normal. I basically chose them, because they didnt seem to have any real significance to anyone/race/plot in TC.
Check out the New Horizons mod for info on adding sectors (it has 20+ new ones)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 09:11

Ketraar wrote:Use Sunblades bod, it has all sectors already, no need to duplicate efforts if not really needed.

Its listed in the community list.

MFG

Ketraar
Its also locked by LV and the download link disabled.

Anyone got a copy of just the bod they can email me ? Zip it by itself if you do.

I've done a version 2 using new sectors, but without that bod change, its useless.

If anyone knows the code to add a sector, to be added to the bottom of the bod file, can you send me a copy ? I've looked at the bod file, and cannot make head or tails of it. All I want is the basic code to add a new sector, just to paste in at the bottom 3 times and change if need be. Hopefully changing the sector locations is pretty obvious.

Edit :

Looked at the bod in extended horizons, but it makes no sense to me at all.

The 3 new sectors are 12,8/13,7/13,9. If anyone can write the bod entries for those 3 sectors, so I can just paste on to the bottom of the vanilla bod file, that would be a great help.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 12:49

Interesting I just opened the bod in Max and it's a bit weird. First there's loads of models in there with no bearing on the actual map.

Then all the map links are all external to the bod (which is just a scene file). Weird ass bod really. Looking into the modding of the map now and will see what I can find.

Also I have a test running to see if I can sort these collision troubles if you want to help test seeing as you love the autopillock ;)
PM me and I'll send ya the files :)
Sir Ken Robinson

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 15:03

I finally got the Galaxy editor in X3Editor to work, but alas, its not got anything to do with that bod file. :(

Nice pretty representation of the map, but totally useless.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 16:33

The 00749.bod is a 3D Object, not going to open it in GalEditor. Use any TextEditor, like Word-/Notepad.

MFG

Ketraar

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 17:17

Well after a bit of digging the Bod file turns out to just be a representation of the X3Universe.xml file. It doesn't actually dictate what's in the map(s). Litcube made a little app that creates a flat bod file from the X3Universe.xml.

Might save you a bit of time. BTW the X3 Editor just allows external editing of the X3Universe.xml easily. Also turn off directdraw (in the options) and use the software renderer and it'll display maps properly.

Also ALL the crap in the stock bod can be removed. Dunno why it's in there. You only need to have the representational squares which are editable in 3DS Max quite easily :)

Found it, here's the link to Litcube's flat map app creator :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078
Sir Ken Robinson

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 22:58

Here you go.

I've made a map with 3 empty Hub sectors at the co-ords your were wanting with a working Galaxy bod and the MD file to load it.

www.axfd00.dsl.pipex.com/mods/SuperHub.zip

Any probs or changes, just giz a shout.

:)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 06:31

Thanks, I'll have a look at them as soon as I can. :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 13:39

Uploaded v2.01.

Please test.

The 3 previously used sectors, should now be back to normal.

Edit : Thanks for the bod sugestions and work. For the moment, I went with Sunblade's, which was just a matter of dropping in the file and doing nothing else.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”