[MOD] HWShips_v0.8.beta - mod on hold for the time being.. 01-01-2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 23:46

Coming up next..

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Vaygr_Battlecruiser

being capable of docking up to M6 class ships internally, this baby comes with a 8 launcher, top mounted missile launcher, side mounted laser arrays, defensive turrets and last but not least, a three barreled, front mounted Trinity Cannon..

Battlecruiser with yellowish lighting, you can see the front weapon and the side laser array:

[ external image ]

Here the side laser array is being fired:

[ external image ]

the battlecruiser fireing its Trinity Cannon, this one has pinkish lighting:

[ external image ]

this version has no lighting, you can see the side laser array:

[ external image ]

tell me what you guys think of it.. wich one do you like better, the one with no lighting, the pinkish or the yellowish lighting..

feedback appreciated..

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 05:26

Version 0.6 is out..!

look at the first post on page one for updated info..

Enjoy.. :D

Bacfe
x3fl

Post by Bacfe » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 09:39

Away in a uni-sponsored science-student conference at the moment, so I can't check in-depth. :(

I like the yellow one fine. Red may have looked better though (that could be because of the single-player Vaygr colours I'm used to though).

Pink looks slightly out-of-place, personally (...actually, given how red and pink kind of are similar enough, red may not look great after all).

No lighting just looks empty. Almost like looking at an untextured model.
Intel 80486 DX/33
16MB SDRAM
ASUS ISA-486SV2B
S3 1MB PCI Video
Creative Sound Blaster 16 Vibra with Wavetable Header

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 11:10

damn son that's very NICE! :D

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 19:02

the one with no lighting/red lighting looks awesome.

yellow just looks...out of place.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 19:56

keep up the good work anubitis! this looks amazing.

should get around to using my alternate test installation to test your ships.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 23:00

thx for the comments guys..

pls do tell me what you think of the ships when you have tested them.. are they close to canon..? wrong size..? weapons..? maybe i should have used other races textures on them..? etc.. anything you might think..

with the help of PSCO1 i have been able to add the names of the ships in the mod now, thanks to Killerog for the script we used..

new version with names uploaded, links updated, first and second posts updated..

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 03:17

lets talk about sizes.. the capital ships in X3 are realy HUGE.. if you compare the capital ships from homeworld to the ones from X3 (once scaled propperly), they are rly tiny.. for example, the destroyer classes from homeworld.. they are barely bigger then lets say a argon griffon.. and the battlecruisers are almost as big as a titan.. so the cap ships in the mod atm are WAY too big.. i scaled them like this, i imported all HW ship models, imported one M5 Argon discoverer, and then i selected all HW ships and scaled them down untill the Vagyr Servey scout was about the size as the discoverer.. so the fighters where all about the same size once in the game.. to keep it canon i had to scale the cap ships down with it..

some pics to show what i mean..

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

i will have to resize them in a next release.. might not be able to have internal M6 docking on the Vagyr battlecruiser anymore..

what you guys think of this.. make the mod completly cannon sizewise or leave them the way they are.. or might just resize them but include the originals too..

some input pls.. :)

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 05:57

I'd resize them to suit. Basically if you need the Destroyers and Carriers a bit bigger to do their job in X3 then do it. However remember that the reason they are smaller is they had Motherships in HW2 which were massive. Canon is on for religious zealots anyway :lol:
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 07:12

Hi mate... if your looking for models across the board you should check out the homeworld 2 mod for this link

http://www.homeworld2complex.com/

plenty of models to choose from, of course it would be a good idea to ask for permission :wink:

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 10:09

a small update.. so that you know im not sleeping on the job.. :)

i am rescaling the models.. retexturing some, like the Hiigaran destroyer.. the red/black/white paint didnt look very nice..

i wanted to make the destroyer's turrets look better so i started working on them, but soon i descovered that i couldnt do what i wanted with the existing model because of the robust forms and the polygons.. so i decited to try and make a new one.. yes, from scratch.. so this is a very good excersise in modeling..

here is a pic of what it looks like atm..

original:

[ external image ] [ external image ]

my turret:

[ external image ] [ external image ]

and here is the retextured/rescaled destroyer:

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

stay tuned..!

Phobocaster

Post by Phobocaster » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 15:46

Nice. Homeworld is one of my favourite RTS games, even though HW2 fleet size scaling was one of those things that started as a good idea with a terrible implementation. Now, as far as I remember, those ships don't have shields, so that would certainly change the feeling of space combat. On the other hand, having those gathering beams (Phase Disassembly somethingoranother in the fluff) would certainly make mining easier. Alas, it's not compatible with the stuff I'm currently running.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 23:10

Phobocaster wrote:even though HW2 fleet size scaling was one of those things that started as a good idea with a terrible implementation.
well, in HW2, the ships are good scaled if you compare them to eachother, its just the x3 cap ships are totally huge.. and therefor the HW capships look like tiny little shippys..
Phobocaster wrote:Now, as far as I remember, those ships don't have shields, so that would certainly change the feeling of space combat.
yeah, no shields and according to their size no hull either.. that would change the feeling of combat to "omg, lets run away.."
Phobocaster wrote:On the other hand, having those gathering beams (Phase Disassembly somethingoranother in the fluff) would certainly make mining easier.

gathering beams..?
Phobocaster wrote:Alas, it's not compatible with the stuff I'm currently running.
not yet.. it all depends on what you are currently running..

what are you running anyway..

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 23:22

in HW 1 and HW cataclysm RUs were collected by a beam.

as seen here, granted its healing a ship, the collection beam looked the same.

technically, in HW2 the RUs are also collected by a beam, its just that the beam has been moved to the inside of the collection vessel.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 02:51

Looks sweet! That battlecruiser is fantastic. May I suggest that if you make a flag ship that it be the M1 and that the Carrier for the vaygr be a m7? That sounds about right to me. Also, please make the the carrier and flag ship have huge cargo space because then they can be run with another mod that allows ships to construct ships! Then I could have a real homeworld experience...

It looks great, and when this gets done I hope you release these as XSPs because XTC is coming out soon and I want to destroy the universe with your new toys!

Cheers and well done,
TCN
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 08:24

Catra wrote:in HW 1 and HW cataclysm RUs were collected by a beam.

as seen here, granted its healing a ship, the collection beam looked the same.

technically, in HW2 the RUs are also collected by a beam, its just that the beam has been moved to the inside of the collection vessel.
Catra... mind not posting things on a site that makes my anti-virus software go haywire with trojin alerts!? lolz

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 08:27

Get less intrusive AV. That's a google image search. Chance of virus very low...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 08:33

TrixX wrote:Get less intrusive AV. That's a google image search. Chance of virus very low...
Actually I think that website is black-listed by google.

Even though its a google image search, its still 'directing' the user to THAT site.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Red_Dwarf_Miner

Post by Red_Dwarf_Miner » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 10:36

Excellent work Anubitus :!:

I'm a massive fan of the homeworld series, saw your work and though the ships looked very cool indeed. 8)

Any plans to do the Kuun-Lan ship from cataclysm?

I'm a noobie to modding but had managed to get a one of the cataclysm carriers into the game by myself. Frankly it looked rubbish, i am useless at the whole mapping texturing thing :roll: . Keep up the good work.

Red_Dwarf_Miner
one slip and you're right in the khaak

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 05:47

thanks for the kind words red dwarf..

i wouldnt mind taking a shot at the ship you mentioned, but i will have to get permission first from the cataclysm guys..

if you liked the ships i released up till now, you will love the ones im working on now atm.. i will redo all ships from the base mesh, resize them a bit and add detail to them..

stay tuned for a major update one of the coming weeks.. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”