[MD] Extended Horizons. New Sectors add-on. (Compatability Update 4 Mar)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 16:55

I'd left the nebula fog in MU as this sector is very climatic. However I'd reduce the evrything else that provide the lag (some asteroids and debris).

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:19

I'll see what I can do about reducing the Debri Asteroids but at the moment I am trying to set up the Kha'ak sector with better spawning.

You should have seen the slide show when I first made that sector. :o It ran really well in the Gal editor but when the game was running and scripts were added it became really clear that I had to cut things a LOT which turned out to be about half, but clearly i've not reduced it enough to work on some machines.

Untill i can make a fix to reduce the roids I can only suggest lowering the GFX detail, Ansiotropic
and Antiailising when you are looking around that sector.

Cheers for the feedback.
:)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:29

I am trying to set up the Kha'ak sector with better spawning.
Could you tell us what those Khaak do? Do they only defend or they send some attacks? Attack aren't necesary as I use IR.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:42

It's just to set up better defences really, e.g Capships and Guardians, as I'm still learning the MD and the script engine.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 10:49

I just want to point you that if you don't know how to solve the problem with universe map left/right move and universe map visible gate link then I think you should ask Lighcube or Roguey as those two guys are the only ones who created new sectors for their mods, so they might have experience to fix it. Dunno about Roguey, but Lightcube is still around this forum (check the Revelation or Phanon corp scripts topics).

ggsimmonds
x3tc

Post by ggsimmonds » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 11:33

Is this mod still supported?

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 04:50

I'm just wondering if this is compatible with Immersive Environments?

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 06:01

ggsimmonds wrote:Is this mod still supported?
Yeah but RL is getting in the way. Still figuring out how to Script at the moment, slowly getting there, and I'm in the process of setting up a few more sectors.
lettuceman44 wrote:I'm just wondering if this is compatible with Immersive Environments?
Dunno to be honest. Try it and give some feed back.

The only conflict I can see would be The TBackgrounds file. You could install my mod with and without the TBackgrounds file and see how it goes.
I might even have a look at ImmersiveBackgrounds myself in the next couple of weeks and try to make it compatible if there are nasty conflicts. :)
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 06:51

mr.WHO wrote:I just want to report that this mod runs fine with "Immersive background" mod.
Looks like mr.WHO has already answered the Immersive background question.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Sun, 5. Dec 10, 23:30

Haha wow....must have totally missed that..... :shock:

Apothecarian
x3tc

Post by Apothecarian » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 06:15

Ok, first off, love the new sectors and music. But I seem to have one small problem. When ever I place any solar power plant in Unknown Sector Zeta (the one with the metric &@$" ton of sun), any spp only produces 20 e cells per cycle. Tried all spp sizes and races and it is the same thing over and over. Can I has a tip pls?
I have:
IL
X-tra ship pack
Extended horizons
Advanced weapons research
Cycrow's cheat package
Emp wares
Terran revitalization project
??? Terran pirate base
Other mods
V 1.5

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 09:58

1050% suns 8)

They work ok for me as I have 2 Terran L SPPs in that sector and they both produce 2765 Ecells every 1m 18 sec, but chew through Crystals at an alarming rate.

Do you have the same problem in other sectors or just that one ?

[edit] I just had a play around with all Races SPPs and they all work as they should. Medium make 1106 cells, Large make 2765 and XL makes 5530 cells every 1:18.
Also, Large size plants use 20 Crystals every cycle which seems to be the number you are getting as the output in Ecells.:gruebel: Since this is only a Map addon with no changes to other game files I suspect your problems might be caused by sometjhing else. [/edit]

Apothecarian
x3tc

Post by Apothecarian » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 00:06

Idk, but I only tried in that sector. I also cheated the factory requirements to take out crystal. Is that the reason or something? Building through scripts, the cheat package, or normal methods always yields the same results. Phooie...
Can I haz moar helps plz???

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 01:21

What script did you use to remove the Crystal requirements for the SPPs as this might be where your problem is comming from ?

Apothecarian
x3tc

Post by Apothecarian » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 23:57

I removed the crystal requirement on the spps via Cycrow's cheat pack. You know, the button labeled "remove resources from station"...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”