[MD] Extended Horizons. New Sectors add-on. (Compatability Update 4 Mar)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 09:36

Finally after a lot of eyestrain and coffee i have managed to add the sector links to the map with notepad. I've added the map changes to the compatibility patch for RSM and TSOG so just download it again to apply the changes.

[ external image ]

There are still a few that do not work but I've put it down to there can only be 4 links showing per sector plus I cannot link Alpha to the original map for some reason. :gruebel:

Now back to the headnip that is the MD.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 10:01

The map bod can only show max of four links AFAIK
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 11:04

Did you fixed broken left/right map movement?

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 14:04

Did you read the op by chance? It says that it wasn't fixed. I'm just saying...

-Apothecary

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 14:28

InvrSmall wrote:Finally after a lot of eyestrain and coffee i have managed to add the sector links to the map with notepad. I've added the map changes to the compatibility patch for RSM and TSOG so just download it again to apply the changes.
Nothing seems to have changed..... :(

There are still no gate links?

***Ok ive stopped being an idiot and got it working now :oops: ***

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 19:45

Well I haven't stopped being an idiot apparently......

Downloaded the RSM compatibility patch, replaced the Extended Horizon.dat/cat files with the Extended Horizons .cat/dat and still no sectors appear on the galaxy map.
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 20:58

Ok, I think I found out what is happening.

If you have RSM, it places it's galaxy map in the X3 Terran Conflict /objects/cut folder. Have a look there and if you see a 00749.bod file in the objects/cut folder, just delete it and the game will then use the 749.bod file in the ExHor cat/dat.

My installation is a mess to be honest and I missed that. I'll update the first post if that cures your problem.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

ggsimmonds
x3tc

Post by ggsimmonds » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 06:52

Hello. I downloaded this mod and the sectors are still not showing up on my map. They're there, they are just...invisible. I deleted 749 bod file in the objects folder but still no sectors.

Any other ideas?

Edit: I am an idiot. Its working now. The problem was one of two things.
First I never renamed the cat/dat files (oops, instructions are there for a reason :roll: ) and I deleted all the old RSM files in my director folder and tbackgrounds. So now all is working as it should.

Great mod, now me and my minions are off to <s>enslave</s> colonize the new sectors.

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 21:23

Just out of interest to others who have this cool script.....if you use Improved Races with it beware. The Khaak will turn those beautiful peaceful sectors into a near impenetrable fortress of death. With IR on they have taken about 10 of those sectors for their own with hundreds of ships of all types roaming around, and they use their stations to pintjump dozens of ships at a time right in your face a few seconds after you come through the gate. You can basically look around, check your sector map, and as soon as you say ":ok I think they are far enough away i can sneak by em" BAM, and I can't really even travel through them anymore. On one hand its good to see the AI using the new sectors, its just bad that its using them to kick my ass. Sadly I am nowhere near a point where I can muster a fleet to go on a cleansing spree.
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

Azurelinctus
x4

Post by Azurelinctus » Thu, 12. May 11, 23:28

I can't get this mod to work, the sectors are there but I can not see them on the sector map, I have followed (at least I think so) all the instructions but still no luck.

Can anyone help?

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 13. May 11, 03:37

If the sectors are working but they are not showing on the Galaxy map, it looks like your game is not seeing the Cat/Dat files which contains the map.

Check to see that you have renamed them to your highest cat/dat files +1

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Sun, 15. May 11, 06:48

I too am having the problem of the sectors not showing up on the map.

They are there. I have explored them. I can get into the first sector in my Universe map, but I can't click to move to other sectors in the Universe map. They are invisible.

I believe it might be related to a conflict with Advanced Jumpdrive.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069

Makes sense, since they both allow for alterations of inner working of the Universe Map (although Adv. JDrive does not allow for making new sectors AFAIK - it does allow you to create new gates).

I tried mixing up the numbers of all the mods I have installed (changing which one was 11.dat/.cat) and changing the order made no difference. It won't work as 11 of 13, 12 of 13 or 13 of 13, and the other two work even if this one is before them... if that even works that way, I have no idea how this game works under the hood...

Oddly I should add, I have CMOD installed as a fake patch, and in the course of renaming I made a typo and when the game loaded, the map worked correctly. But when I realized that CMOD was not working and reinstalled, the ExHor map stopped working.

So it MIGHT also be related to CMOD 4.1???

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3511124

I even installed RSM just so I could try that fix... to no avail... The new map for RSM works as intended, stops working when I delete the .bod out of the /cut folder, starts working again when I bring it back.

I've been reading and rereading this thread all day, trying things, updating all my other scripts, etc. trying to resolve the problem with no luck.

I have enjoyed exploring the sectors immensely. They look great. The asteroid belts and clusters are well laid out. I can imagine fighting a battle in that one in huge sector. I can't wait...

Sadly, it's a bit of the PITA to operate a fleet in there with no Universe Map. Even if it's my secret hideout that is "off the map" it's a great addition.

Anyway, thanks for a great script. It's great even without the map, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to get the map working...

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Tue, 17. May 11, 20:45

It should not have any compatability problems with Cmod and AdvJumpdrive but gremlins do appear when you least expect them. :wink:

Anyway, download the following to your X3TC directory and see if it fixes your problem.

http://www.axfd00.dsl.pipex.com/galaxym ... xy_Map.zip

If it does, just throw away the Extended_Horizons.cat/dat.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 17. May 11, 21:04

Does this mod have any problems with duplicate gates like RSM has?

If not will use it in game, had to remove RSM due to the multi gate problem.

Be nice to have new sectors in game :)

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Tue, 17. May 11, 21:32

It spawns all the sectors and gates in one load so there will be no problem with duplicate jumpgates.

:)

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 17. May 11, 22:59

Cool, will give it a whirl then. :)

Thanks InvrSmall.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Grid
xr

Post by Grid » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 23:41

i think i notice somthing intresting i deceide to recrate the gate network in the systrmos so that it contaned only 4 gate a system didnt really like the 6 gates but when using the scritp edditor to delete and readd gates it seems to fix the right and left movement on the universe map donno if this is useful to you tho

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 17:28

That's good to know. I spent ages trying to figure out why the map was swapping the left/right movements.

Cheers! :D

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 09:09

I can't seem to find the gate.
I received the message, went to the second Unknown Sector past Unholy Descent, found the Terran nav sat and flew down to 0,0,-70 and then beyond and all around but I haven't found a thing. Set a scout to map sector at 200km but still nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I'm an idiot and totally got my coordinates mixed up.

LordDeTracy

Post by LordDeTracy » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 01:15

Will this be updated? it makes it so the new steam DLC sector doesnt show up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”