ADAMS - ITT (for TC and XTC - V10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 18:29

Hey guys, first post.

I'm still a newbie to the X world but I am looking for a mod that will fix turrets but not make them OP like I think mars does.

Would this be the mod for the job? I plan to start capping soon with m7m using missiles so I don't want to take on a mod that makes it really hard to cap while I'm trying to learn.

Also does this mod work with gazz's fix for turret placements? I've been looking at that and might pick it up.

Cheers.

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 19:22

Hi dave, first of all welcome to the forums ;)

well I'm not sure what you consider OP, but the biggest difference between mars and my script (that I know of) is that mars also switches weapons depending on the target, but I think there are also options to turn that off. Also mars has the goblin system (the fighter drones that can do all sorts of stuff), my script doesn't have those. Again I think those are also optional on mars.

Regarding missiles, well my script attempts to improve missile defenses a lot by having ships cover each other (mars doesn't do that, at least not the last time I checked xD). This means that on a single target you won't notice much of a difference between my script and the default scripts, but against a group of enemies your chances of using missiles successfully are reduced a lot. That said, I'm not giving the AI any advantages you don't have either. Personally I think my script just makes the game more realistic because the AI will now actually pick targets that make sense from a human perspective.

afaik it does work with the turret placement fix as that's a mod and not a script. It modifies the models/scenes a bit, but that shouldn't interfere with scripts.

Anyway if you're still new to capping ships I would suggest you try it on vanilla first, I mean that's as easy as it's going to get and if you find yourself having a hard time you don't want to make it even harder by adding better missile defenses (though your defenses will be better as well). Then if you find it to be too easy start making the game harder by adding mods and turret scripts. I like keeping balance though, so what I give the AI the player also gets and visa versa.

Hope that helps you a bit, maybe one of the users of my script can add something to this (like the experience with it compared to vanilla and/or mars).

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 20:26

Thanks for the quick reply. The idea of switching weapons and alike doesn't really appeal to me at the moment so I think I shall pick your script and the turret fix up some time soon.

Currently i've run into a bigger problem, trying to use boarding hotkeys in "improved boarding" script and it crashes my game the moment I push the hotkey. Not sure if its because the hotkey is on my mouse so gonna change and see. I just can't get my head around why they never put a hotkey in as standard because I have such a hard time doing it via the menu system in time.

:EDIT:

Is there a way to easily search a thread? Been on countless forums and racked up thousands of posts and never been on a forum without a "thread tools" bit to search etc. I presume it's hiding somewhere or I have to use the general search functions but that's so cumbersome and stupid.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 01:02

and the turret fix up some time soon.
The turret fix, or 98% of it were included in an official ES patch (2.1 or 2.5 or something like that)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 02:20

best search is actually via google on these forums xD but extra search also does a decent job. I can't help you with the crashes though.

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Wed, 27. Jul 11, 18:52

Ok I think I found the issue, I think I left some code behind from some testing I did or something which set the command to the ship. Anyway it should be fixed now, but if you have any other issue with the script let me now. fyi, the command should only show up on the turret commands now.

Download links can be found in the OP.
Jeff (Creator of Script)

What you did worked. Thank you.

blastz

Post by blastz » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 09:56

simple yet very effective, i love it. thank you jeff :D

Kukafuchi
x3

Post by Kukafuchi » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:42

All download links are broken

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:59

Should be fixed now, thanks for posting because I forgot that I had links here after my host changed the sub-domain of my website ;)

Doomforce
x3ap

Post by Doomforce » Sat, 27. Oct 12, 22:56

n00b here.. :P

how do i install the script?

i tried the script feature ingame.
and didnt work. and the name changing thing, no luck

any tips for loading scripts in X3TC?

the guides don't seem to work.

thnx
Programmer @ Heart :)
C++, C, KC, VB, PHP, HTML,
SQL, ANSI/ISO, Delphi, C#,
OBJ, Leda, Basic, BPEL.

currently Modding -
X3:TC - Yaki's Rise to Power.
Overall Progress ; 41%
-
Story Line ; 39%
Missions ; 31%
Stations ; 92%
Ships ; 100%
Conquering ; 10%

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Sat, 27. Oct 12, 23:12

If you opened the file you can download with Cycrow's script installer (a program you should be able to find in one of the stickies on this scripts and modding forum) it should be installed. Other than that there is nothing else you have to do except making sure the script editor is activated in game (change your name to "Thereshallbewings" in the game).

Doomforce
x3ap

Post by Doomforce » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 12:02

ok, i think i got it installed.

how can i see if it worked?
Programmer @ Heart :)
C++, C, KC, VB, PHP, HTML,
SQL, ANSI/ISO, Delphi, C#,
OBJ, Leda, Basic, BPEL.

currently Modding -
X3:TC - Yaki's Rise to Power.
Overall Progress ; 41%
-
Story Line ; 39%
Missions ; 31%
Stations ; 92%
Ships ; 100%
Conquering ; 10%

Castun
x3tc

Post by Castun » Sat, 9. Feb 13, 17:17

Why are there 2 different files, TC & XTC? Are they both needed?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Feb 13, 17:42

One version is probably for X3TC (TC), while the other is for the Xtended Terran Conflict Mod (XTC).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:37

I have a question, that script works with AP

nick_ta_mere
xr

Post by nick_ta_mere » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 18:18

any chance for another re-up?
would really like to try this mod!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 18:23

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ] (TC)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Lukespacewalker

Post by Lukespacewalker » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 21:17

You really did a great job on this one

greghar
x3

Re: ADAMS - ITT (for TC and XTC - V10)

Post by greghar » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 21:48

So does this script work with X3AP version?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”