(MOD) TSOG Missions, V1.0 Released 3/01/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 22. Dec 10, 05:11

Update on the progress of this mod.

First I would like to say that the missions are all complete and the mod is nearly ready for release. I'm need to make a final test run myself and maybe do a bit of beta testing by a few other persons on it. As I am sure there will probably be a bug or two, OK maybe three. :roll:

Prerequisites for starting the missions are that all plot missions included in X3TC 2.7.1 need to be completed. The sector given in the "A New Home" plot is a major requirement, you must have it. The "Balance of Power" need not be completed, but I would not recommend starting the TSOG Missions if you are in the middle of it.

As far as the "Easter Eggs" I have mentioned, once the mod is released I will post a few hints to help you find them. :D
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 20:55

Finally, the mod is at version 1.0 and released.

Please note that this is my first real serious MD code, and yes there is room for improvement . One thing is making the code a little more friendly when it comes to pilots bailing. If you use the Bailing Addon script some issues may araise. Some missions require you to kill a few ships, if the Bailing Adon script causes them to bail the missions will not continue unless you destroy the ship. For now, and until I work this issue out, just destroy the ships instead of capturing them.

Also a note, I have played the missions completely through on my main game. This install has nearly 50 add on scripts, and now 7 mods (running as false patches. The only issue I had is the one described above, I changed the Bailing Addon to have very low bail rates and that all but disappeared.

Hope everyone enjoys :)
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 03:01

Using the lastest Cycrow spk installer and the spk is not working.

Since it is a cat/dat file, it may have to be fake patched by the player.
(which isn't hard) so dl the zip file instead.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 05:53

I'll check the spk version out, quite possible I did something wrong.

EDIT:
SPK version installed fine for me. The SPK package was created with Cycrow 1.3 release candidate, so that may be the issue.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 05:12

As for the "easter eggs";

Hint 1:
In a new sector with a new base,
New missions begin at this place,
North of there about 50 clicks,
Sits a prize waiting for you to pick.

Also in this place are credits in a crate or two,
Out beside an asteroid have they been threw,
To seek them out look to the South for one,
It is to the Northeast the other can be won.

EDIT: (clue to the final three)
In the sector where it all ends,
Three prizes sit for you to tend,
Off in the distance they hover,
Two sit high above the other,
From the base that you destroyed,
Look to the ringed one for your toys.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 04:32

Is there a way to incorporate your mod with the Extended Horizons?

Like the merging the bod files? To make all those sectors visible when explored?
Since both have different locations, it looks fairly stable to merge.

EH is in the south (unholy decent)below the two connected unknowns.
(~14 or 15 fixed sectors)

I have both.
When your mod is the highest fake patch then the EH sectors disappear.
When Extended Horizons is the highest patch then your 3 sectors don't show up.(not visible on the Galaxy map)

I use EH for alot of homebase activities and would like to keep them.

If merging is possible would it go into the maps folder or the types folder.(merging the two bod files and using it as a last file for the galaxy map)

It was easier to have the EH sectors visible during the TSOG missions.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 06:32

If Extended Horizons uses the 00749.bod created by Sunblade (which my mod uses and includes), then they, in theory should work together. As the 00749.bod file would be the same in both mods, the game would use the one in the latest .cat & .dat files.

Note: to my knowledge Sunblades 00749.bod file contains all of the sectors possible with the X3TC map. So this file should be capable of showing every sector on the map. I know this is not a simple file to mess around with.

As to merging, I can't say for sure as I am unfamiliar with the Extended Horizons mod. Something you might check, find out if the EH mod uses the same bod file as my mod. If so, you might try bring everything from one mod into the others cat & dat files, except for the 00749.bod file (which should be the same).

I may get a chance to download EH tomorrow and have a look at it, may be something simple and an easy fix.

Until then you you might try extracting the 00749.bod file to your game folders, then the game will use it in preference to the one in the cat & dat files. Just remember that you do want to include the sub-folders when extracting, that way it goes into the correct sub-folder in your X3TC game folder.

I not sure if Extended Horizons uses any of the sectors my mod adds. If it does then they will be incompatible.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 14:27

TEKing66 wrote:Note: to my knowledge Sunblades 00749.bod file contains all of the sectors possible with the X3TC map. So this file should be capable of showing every sector on the map. I know this is not a simple file to mess around with.
Clarifying this part, Sunblade's bod covers all sectors from 20x16 (21x17), so technically there are still some left out as the whole map is 23x19 (24x20), 480 sectors. Basically what Sunblade did was to cover all sectors within the Vanilla range of sectors.

Just to avoid mixups :-)

MFG

Ketraar

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 17:47

Ran the missions(really enjoyed playing them) and the sectors that your mod and EH do not conflict.

EH is below the two connected unknowns below Unholy decent.

And it looks like both use a modified 00749.bod file. So what program would be needed to combine these two? To make them visible?
Or is it a bit more difficult than just adding text?

In fact I do not know what program would be used to open these files.
(Aside from the Galaxy editor, which I never tried to use)

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 19:53

Thanks Ketraar for pointing that out, I believe that probably points to the problem as well. Unfortunately, modifying the 00749.bod is just a bit beyond my capabilities at the moment.

I seem to remember a tutorial about editing that file under the tutorials sticky at the top of the forum. And, I believe I remember one way of editing it it was with a text editor. And I think I have heard of 3DS Max and/or GMAX being used as well.

It might be as simple as opening the 00749.bod file (from EH) in a text editor such as NotePad++. Find all of the info containing the sector info that isn't showing up. Highlight said info, copy and then paste it into the appropiate place in the 00749.bod file from TSOG. Just guessing, I would say the placement of the new info should be handled with care.

You could take the info from the TSOG bod file and put it into the EH bod file. Since it's only three sectors, might be easier. I'm not sure if time will permit me to make the necessary changes anytime soon, considering that I would first need to learn that process. So, if you or any one would like to create a 00749.bod file to make them work together and release it as an add-on or mod resource. Please feel free as far as I am concerned, all of my work is out and free to be used, changed, added onto, built onto and or otherwise. I would like to get time to write some more missions, the next set will use existing sectors (so hopefully will be more popular).
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Varek Raith
xr

Post by Varek Raith » Wed, 2. Mar 11, 21:53

Extended Horizons has been made compatible with TSOG by its author.
8)

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 03:32

Ran into a problem..(new start)

Begining of the 3rd mission.
I was assigned the task but no mission directive showed up.
So the Pirate base in the unknown sector wasn't available.
It said it would give me a ship. But none appeared.

I did get the Astraues Hualer from the previous mission.
Was that the ship you can useD for the priate base mission?

or is there a way to restart the mission or the whole thing?

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 16:59

That's strange...

The ship would be the reward ship (the Astraues Hualer), being a bomber and taking out a Pirate base.

Did you receive another mission at some point?

Also, you mention a new game, had the jump gate in Neptune leading to the Terran Unknown Sectors been activated? If not this could cause some issues. The TSOG Missions shouldn't start until after the Aldrin Missions have been completed, actually all of the plots included by Egosoft up to v2.7. So if they have started with out those being completed, then there will be issues.

I'd be interested in any other mods you have installed as well. Maybe mine is clashing with something I haven't tested with.

As far as restarting the mission, I'm sorry to say that may not be possible. Hope you have a save or two before that point.

This sounds very similar to a problem I noticed during testing.
Except there I had used the "All Plots Complete" MD script to save me those steps and get a save game with nothing done but the plot missions.
And I had allowed the TSOG Missions script to activate before I had made a trip to Neptune (hence actually activating the gate). And so, the game, for some reason, didn't actually know the sector existed and/or couldn't find a path to the required sector.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 22:26

Except there I had used the "All Plots Complete" MD script to save me those steps and get a save game with nothing done but the plot missions.
And I had allowed the TSOG Missions script to activate before I had made a trip to Neptune (hence actually activating the gate). And so, the game, for some reason, didn't actually know the sector existed and/or couldn't find a path to the required sector.

Close..

I was trying RSM and found that it would allow some plots to start. So after the Hub mission I disabled RSM and installed "All Plots Complete" .
(This will allow me to do a plotresets for the unplayed, Goner, Off & BoP plots). TUS2 wasn't visible as stated above and that was the confusion.
It's seems to be stable now.
Issue looks to be more on my part..

Thanks for replying..

retrothousand

Post by retrothousand » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 23:15

Hello. :) Sounds like awesome stuff.

Do you think it's compatible with CMOD4.5 and SRM? I am currently using the two of them (with loads of scripts) and I am planning on merging as many mods as possible, for the sake of knowing what's achievable. What's your view on compatibility of this mod with others?

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 07:00

Thanks for the interest. As far as compatibility, as long as the other mods don't make use of the same sectors, completely alter the universe map or eliminate any of the original factories stations or ships. Then they should (and I emphasize should) be compatible. I have played it with several mods running as fake patches and around 50 some additional scripts running as well, everything played just fine.

RSM is compatible as long as you finish TSOG before activating (installing) it. And as mentioned above Extended Horizons is compatible, Thanks go out to InvrSmall for making that happen.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 14. Mar 11, 20:29

Hi TEKing66,

I've tried to download/run this MOD from the MediaFire website and get an error message ....
TSOG_Missions-V1.0-3.1.2011-FakePatchVersion[1].spk
Invalid package file.

Am I doing something wrong?
Can you help?

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 06:29

The SPK uses the new V1.3 (beta) of Cycrow's Plugin Manager Lite.

At least I suspect that is the reason you might get the error.
I'm guessing you are using the V1.2 of Plugin Manager Lite.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 11:05

Thanks for your reply.

The version of Cycrow's Plug In Manager Lite is 1.2 - the latest stable version available on Cycrow's site. So I suppose I have to wait for V1.3 to come out of Beta. How will I know when this happens and what does it "go to" then?

However, I'm also having problems downloading LV's Apocalypse Script and trying to sort this out with him. It may be that solving that may also solve this problem I'm having with your script. So I will try to sort that first.

Thanks for your help.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 16:59

You could always download the zip version, and install manually as a 'False Patch'. All of the required files are packed in .cat and .dat, so there are no "loose' files to mess with. If you install it this way, you shouldn't have any issues.

Just a note, I have found the version 1.3 of the Plugin Manager Lite to be very stable at this point in it's development cycle. But, you might drop Cycrow a note in his topic on it to get a more (or less) of a comfy cozy felling about it. Not recommending you switch, just letting you know of my experience with it.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”