[GAMESTART] Pirate Starts now AP compatible (V1.30 - 04/01/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 21:53

v1.20 for AP :)

Couldn't make "Creator" from the plugin manager do as I wanted, so it's the zip version again. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?x7fl6kc5beidil6
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 03:51

Thanks again my friend, link has been added to the OP. :D
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 12:24

I can't get this to work for AP, I've done exactly as instructed and no matter which way I install the files the gamestarts will not show up. Not only that, but installing it as a fake patch by renaming the cat and dat files makes every gamestart except Custom unavailable.

EDIT: After redoing it several times they finally showed up with the rest of my starts. I must have just failed several times somehow, no idea how, it's not rocket science. Oh well, it works.

GameDrifter

Post by GameDrifter » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 19:21

Any chance you adding a Terran Pirate start to? I know there is a mod out there for adding a pirate station to Terran zone.. Also How hard would it be to make a Duke's Pirate start? They got some sweet pirating equipment for sale at there station in Paranid space.. Never seem to get on there good side to buy some.

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 20:58

GameDrifter wrote:Any chance you adding a Terran Pirate start to? I know there is a mod out there for adding a pirate station to Terran zone.. Also How hard would it be to make a Duke's Pirate start? They got some sweet pirating equipment for sale at there station in Paranid space.. Never seem to get on there good side to buy some.
That'd be cool, the Terran side is seriously lacking in AP. As far as Duke's is concerned, get in good with the pirates and Duke's rep will go up, also I hear that blowing up Duke's HQ and his guards neutralizes his rep. I tried it but I have so much illegal trading going on and other rep changes going on constantly that I couldn't really tell the difference.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 17:28

Great idea, I'll work it over to next week or so.

Unfortunately, real world work has me kinda tied upat the moment.
But, I should be able to have something within the next two weeks.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 7. Jun 12, 08:55

Is this script compatible with Paul Wheeler XRM?

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 7. Jun 12, 13:28

No, probably not, as I created for X3TC. And it does not contain the XRM starts. Your welcome to edit the file, copy, add or change anything in it though. If you want to attempt to create your own pirate starts for the mod in question.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Smimy

Post by Smimy » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 01:46

Dead links for 1.3 & 1.2 in ZIP... :(

taldarus

Post by taldarus » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 04:02

I actually reinstalled tc because I had the hankerin to create a pirate empire, but I cannot get a download through mediafire for some reason. Any alt links, suggestion would be nice.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 13:33

I'll have to upload this and my other mods to the google code page.
Mediafire, as I am finding out, is really kinda crappy to use for stuff like this.

I'll post back once I have them upload and the links changed.

My apologies for any inconvenience.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 13:33

I'll have to upload this and my other mods to the google code page.
Mediafire, as I am finding out, is really kinda crappy to use for stuff like this.

I'll post back once I have them upload and the links changed.

My apologies for any inconvenience.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 16:38

Links updated to remove Mediafire as the download source.
My mods will now be located in there own Google Code hosting page.
Only the latest version will be uploaded, barring any updates of course.
Please see the OP for the new links.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

aalleexx11

Post by aalleexx11 » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 15:09

i installed with the plugin manager for albion prelude and the plugin manager said the mod is enabled but i can´t find the pirat start when i start a new game :/

need help pls

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 15:14

Plugin Manager may have installed it to the wrong location for some reason.

Please look in the following folders:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\mods

\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods

You should find two files titled: PirateStartsV1.30.cat & PirateStartsV1.30.dat

These should be in the '\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods' folder. If there are in the X3TC mods folder then X3AP can't see them. Move them to the correct folder if need be. Then on the settings and config screen, that first loads when you start the game, Select the "Mods" button then select/enable the mod there. After that it should show up when you start a new game.

Note: you can also use this as a 'False Patch' as well.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

aalleexx11

Post by aalleexx11 » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 18:14

thx for help but it won´t work x.x

the files in the folder X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods are called TSOG-AP-Missions.cat/.dat

when i select mods on the settings screen shows up a window
there is a line called: TSOG-AP-Missions but i can´t select a enable/disable nothing happend when i click on it

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 05:22

If you are already running a mod from the mods list, then that's all you can run from there is one mod at a time. But, the way around that is to run the TSOG AP as a "Fake Patch".

Just copy the .cat and .dat to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\ folder then rename them to the next highest number for instance;

you look in 'X3 Terran Conflict\addon\' and you see the following listed;
01.cat
01.dat
02.cat
02.dat
03.cat
03.dat

you would rename the mod filts to 04.cat & 04.dat and copy them to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\ folder where the files listed above are found.
Then when you run the game it loads each consecutively numbered file in order, and so loads the mod.

I would like to add that with the newest version of X3AP the TSOG mission are really kinda unnecessary, most of the toys given to the player are in the new Terran missions already in the game. And, I wouldn't recommend using two Headquarters, it will probably screw up your game. What I need to do is change the TSOG missions to give different items as rewards, then they could be played with out any ill side affects.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Verminaard007

Post by Verminaard007 » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 21:09

I've tried installing this for 3 hours, I cannot get it to work. I got pirate guild AND yaki armada 2 both done in under 15minutes. However this one will just not work for me. They're recommended to work together yet I'm having no luck :(

Any ideas what may be wrong? I've tried SOOOOOO many ways of interpreting your posts and read this whole thread at least 6 times over and tried huge ammounts of different ways to fix it. I don't know where I'm making the mistake(s).

I've set my hopes for a false patch. as the add on auto install doesn't
work either.

Info:

currently i have it set at:
Addon is 04 and 04.dat
addon/mods is piratestartv1.30.dat and piratestartv1.30

I've tried 04.cat, 04.dat, 14.cat, 14.dat, piratestartv1.30.04.cat, .dat, etc..

Addon (before Pirate start is at 03.dat)
addon/mod (before pirate start is blank)

I'm completely stuck, if someone could give me a example one I'd be so happy.

are each folders the same? different? etc? Am I missing a folder, or does putting it in one too many cancel it?

I've tried with and without the AP patch for pirate start, neither work for me. I've tried with the site mod manager thing. My best results are manual installs.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful,
Verm[/b]

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 22:55

Install folder should be:

(Where ever you have Steam installed)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon

In this folder you should see 01.cat & 01.dat up to 03.cat & 03.dat

Providing no other mods are installed as 'false patches', if other mods are installed there could be more, like 04.cat & 04.dat or higher than that even.

If you rename the file titled 'piratestartv1.30.cat' & 'piratestartv1.30.dat' and place them here the must be the next higher number in consecutive order.

i.e. - if yours has a 03.cat & 03.dat as the highest numbered pair, then you must use 04 for the next CAT & DAT pair. Skipping a number, like going to 05 in this case, will absolutely not work.

Also, you will have to start a new game to be able to start as a pirate.

If this doesn't help, could you take a screen capture of Windows Explorer viewing the above mentioned folder, may give me a little insight as to what is or is not installed. And, I could be a little more specific as to what the files need to be renamed to exactly.

EDIT: in setting it up like this, as a "False Patch", you DO NOT need the files in the "\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods" folder, Remove them and/or disable it in the "MODS" selection button when first starting the game. Not sure what that would do, but it may cause some type of conflict in the Space/Time continuum or something. Suffice to say it could have unwanted effects.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

nusscom
x3tc

Appreciation

Post by nusscom » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 02:07

TEKing66, just discovered X3 AP not too long ago. I love space games (Eve, Terminus, Privateer), especially the sandbox type. This game is amazing but all the more amazing with the addition of this Mod and Pirate Guilds, etc. Thank you so much for this. And also, I have read all the posts and thanks for your patience and support with your mod. Good on you!

One question - why do pirate weapons platforms seem to have it out for me off the bat when the stations near them don't mind me at all? Is this a glitch or a setting I need to fix?

Now if you will excuse me, I have an Argon base to raid.
nusscom

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”