[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 17:32

Yeah, read about that in the german thread, or better the thread for the german language file. I decided to start my next TC game using this. Though I'd prefer it using in AP.

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 11:29

Will you ever make a XRM compatible version?
(the problem is the overlapping sectors)

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 11:57

you can pretty easily make it yourself. Just delete the offending overlapping sectors and then spawn a jumpgate pair to reconnect the remainder of the pipe to the universe. I believe doing so reduces the Omega pipe to something like 3 sectors though (although critically, it leaves the final omega sector intact, allowing the revelations units to spawn properly), so you may want to delay activation of revelations to ensure it doesnt consume the universe too quickly.

Sod it...here I just did it for you: http://www.mediafire.com/?ghr75ayrbsfbcza

you'll find the replacement map to go in the maps directory instead of the current revelations map, as well as a script (alkeena.revelation.gate.connect) to generate the gates--just run it with a null target and indicate whether the jumpgates should be known (or have to be discovered) by the player.

Since this only adds to the universe through a patch map, and then alters the existing universe through a script, it should be save game compatible

I'll not be supporting this, so don't ask--it's just a quick favor :-P

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 13:12

Alkeena wrote:you can pretty easily make it yourself. Just delete the offending overlapping sectors and then spawn a jumpgate pair to reconnect the remainder of the pipe to the universe. I believe doing so reduces the Omega pipe to something like 3 sectors though (although critically, it leaves the final omega sector intact, allowing the revelations units to spawn properly), so you may want to delay activation of revelations to ensure it doesnt consume the universe too quickly.

you'll find the replacement map to go in the maps directory instead of the current revelations map, as well as a script (alkeena.revelation.gate.connect) to generate the gates--just run it with a null target and indicate whether the jumpgates should be known (or have to be discovered) by the player.

Since this only adds to the universe through a patch map, and then alters the existing universe through a script, it should be save game compatible

Thank you so much
I really wouldn't have any ideas on how to do that
To run the sript i have to use the script editor right?
Thanks again

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 13:16

Xenon472 wrote:
Alkeena wrote:you can pretty easily make it yourself. Just delete the offending overlapping sectors and then spawn a jumpgate pair to reconnect the remainder of the pipe to the universe. I believe doing so reduces the Omega pipe to something like 3 sectors though (although critically, it leaves the final omega sector intact, allowing the revelations units to spawn properly), so you may want to delay activation of revelations to ensure it doesnt consume the universe too quickly.

Thank you so much
I really wouldn't have any ideas on how to do that
To run the sript i have to use the script editor right?
Thanks again
Activate Script editor:
change player name to "Thereshallbewings" -- no quotes, capitilization matters

Open script editor:
shift-c (open ship command console)
s (open script editor)

Run the script:
enter (probably twice, to move past the tutorial if this is your first time running the editor--read the tutorial though, and open the script listing.
down (scroll down until you have highlighted alkeena.revelationsgateconnect)
r (run the script)

null target
your decision on whether to make the gates discovered or not.

the file pack only contains the map, and the gate script--not revelations itself. You'll have to install revelations, and then replace it's map file with the included one in the above zip.

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 13:29

Ok, thanks very much :) :) :)

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 00:02

Would this work with AP?
F signature

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 01:01

When I get home, I think I'll just convert this to AP only. My own home version is AP, may as well update the link.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 11:20

Oh allright, Make sure you post here when you've updated so I get notified.
F signature

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 16:18

Litcube wrote:When I get home, I think I'll just convert this to AP only. My own home version is AP, may as well update the link.
Did it happen? :?

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 16:48

That is what we all want to know.
F signature

Teronredoran
x3tc

Post by Teronredoran » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 04:48

Well, I for one would also like to know that the developer is still alive and able to post the mod, it would kind of suck if the mod was completed and couldn't be posted....

Also, unsure if this was posted elsewhere, but a slight conflict for those interested. IEX/immersive environments doesn't work perfectly with some of the new areas. Not anything that would stop you from playing it, but just a few little graphical screwups in the new sectors, like when I tested it out at first I had stars shining through some of the large rocks in the first area. So if that bothers you I suggest you uninstall IEX for this. :D

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 05:53

Alkeena, could I ask a big favour? Post yours?

My version of AP is so bastardized, I honestly and literally haven't a clue what is original and what isn't. It'd be a massive chore for me to do this.

If anyone has fixed this for AP, if you could post it so I can throw it in the OP, or e-mail it to me and I can post it.

emayo: jkossowan gmail

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 13. Nov 12, 12:13

Got a problem getting Alkeena's XRM patch working on TC3.2.
Problem:

Code: Select all

$sec1 = {SECTOR}
$sec2 = {SECTOR}
anyone knows if I just have to replace by this?:

Code: Select all

$sec1 = {Sector 2001}
$sec2 = {Sector 2001}

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 01:04

Hi, is this mod compatible with AP 2.5.2, I installed it, got the messege but I was wondering how does the mod manage to function east of Bluish Snout with the sector "Spires of Elusion" there ?

Also I haven't found the sectors yet, just wondering are they all pronouncable by betty ?

Lastley, my map hasn't been flatted to 2D

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 09:10

is this mod compatible with XRM (terran conflict)?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 20:28

No.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 03:48

unknown1 wrote:is this mod compatible with XRM (terran conflict)?
It can be, just check my posts on page 11. This assumes of course that the TC-XRM map is the same as the AP-XRM map...which I think is true...?
Last edited by Alkeena on Tue, 28. May 13, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 03:55

Litcube wrote:Alkeena, could I ask a big favour? Post yours?

My version of AP is so bastardized, I honestly and literally haven't a clue what is original and what isn't. It'd be a massive chore for me to do this.

If anyone has fixed this for AP, if you could post it so I can throw it in the OP, or e-mail it to me and I can post it.

emayo: jkossowan gmail
To be honest I don't have it anymore--I'm coming back after almost a year for 3.0 and am in the midst of updating and reconfiguring my x3 mods starting from scratch...However, getting revelations working in AP-XRM was not hard if I recall.

First, check my posts on page 11 of this thread, you should find a mediafire link. With that, and vanilla revelations in hand you can get it working in AP-XRM. Getting it to work in vanilla AP will require further adjustments to the map (I don't even know what the vanilla AP map looks like anymore). For the sake of simplicity, assuming you're also running XRM:

Install AP
Install XRM
Install Revelations
Install the patch map posted to page 11
Run the connecting script hosted on page 11

Start Revelations in game and you should be golden. The patch map on page 11 would probably have to have a few more sectors added in order to work with vanilla AP...I leave that as an exercise for the reader because honestly at this point I don't even know if I still have the map editor anymore...

Either way, thanks for your work Litcube--trying to get my chosen mods up and running again I see that you're responsible for a number of my favorites, thanks =D

Edit: Oh, I suppose you'll also have to modify the revelations cat a bit...give me a bit I'll see if I can get a vanilla AP version up and running...

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 08:48

I've altered Revelations to be compatible with AP 3.0 as well as XRM 1.29. As long as the northeast section of the maps in either vanilla AP or XRM aren't altered the modified revelations linked below should not be sensitive to future updates and should work indefinitely. It can also be installed into current savegames and does not require a restart.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b635d ... b_APv2.zip

Install instructions:
1) Unzip the archive into your \x3 terran conflict\addon\ folder

2) rename the the cat/dat pair to so that it has the highest cat/dat numbering in the \addon\ folder. It must have a minimum of two digits. (for example: if you were installing into a vanilla AP install they should currently be renamed to 04.cat and 04.dat.

3) start or load a game.

4) enable the script editor
-change the player name to "Thereshallbewings" without quotes

5) run the script alkeena.revelations.gate.connect to connect the omega pipe to the rest of the universe (doing it this way rather than via map edit is what allows this to be installed into an ongoing save rather than requiring a restart)
-open your ships command console (shift-c)
-open the script editor (s)
-get to the script listing (enter twice)
-use the arrow keys to scroll down to the alkeena.revelations.gate.connect
-press r to run the script. Null input. It will ask you if you want the gates it adds to be revealed to you (if not you need to fly out and dsicover them the old fashioned way)

6) Go to game options, artificial life listing. Enable Revelations

7) Sit back and await the carnage....

I just tested this in both a vanilla AP install and XRM 1.29 and it works flawlessly. Expect to lose the first sector in the pipe to the omega virus within about 7-8 hours of activation (in a vanilla AP game). Please note that the length of the Omega pipe was reduced from 12 sectors to 7 sectors, so you have roughly 2 days before the omega virus will escape the omega pipe (which is massively better defended than most sectors) and really start to wreck things.

Modifications made to Litcubes revelations 0.85b:
*omega pipe map altered (shortened/redirected) to conform with AP3.0/XRM 1.29 maps
*8385-L044.xml t-file altered to mirror the changes to the map
*changed the file structure of the cat/dat pair to conform with X3AP standards
*alkeena.revelations.gate.connect added to \scripts\ to link the pipe with the main x-universe.
Last edited by Alkeena on Tue, 28. May 13, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”