[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 23:53

To solve this once and for all, can someone who's completed all plot and uses a vanilla universe run this script:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078

And then send me the file? It would be apprciated. As for the unflat version by sergoba, I wouldn't know how to fix it.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 04:30

I would recommend something like this: All Plots Complete
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 16:59

When you switch the mod off, it removes all ships including the players(except the one you pilot), is it possible to change it so it doesn't remove player ships when you turn the mod off? I just had my springblossom and two LX ships disappear :shock:
Also, one time I jumped to the south gate in Tokyo Kapa from within the system, my keyboard was disabled for around 30sec (the ship turrets and everyone else were going about as normal), then it said I had arrived in the system and I was given back control. I haven't been able to reproduce it so far tho.

Anyways, I just wanted to say it's an awsome plugin that really enhanced my X-perience! So thank you loads! :D

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 02:11

-Update-

0.84b
- You shouldn't have seen this bug unless you captured the generated ships, but will not longer destroy playerships upon turning off plugin.

Thanks for reporting, Razorwind. Glad you're enjoying it.
Razorwind wrote:When you switch the mod off, it removes all ships including the players(except the one you pilot), is it possible to change it so it doesn't remove player ships when you turn the mod off? I just had my springblossom and two LX ships disappear :shock:
You likely capped those two LXs. I've fixed this. I think you're lying about the Springblosson. :)

Razorwind wrote:Also, one time I jumped to the south gate in Tokyo Kapa from within the system, my keyboard was disabled for around 30sec (the ship turrets and everyone else were going about as normal), then it said I had arrived in the system and I was given back control. I haven't been able to reproduce it so far tho.
There's a few lines of code I wrote in the main 'tick' routine that's dedicated to disabling the keyboard for roughly 30 seconds or so. However, it's programmed to only happen 1 in 100 times. I'll set it to 1 in 30, as to ensure more frequent and easier reproduction of the bug.

Just kidding.

XenonMSA
x3tc

Post by XenonMSA » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 06:17

Hello.
Litcube, no offence, I just wanna share my vision of your Revelation ;)

I slightly modified the plugin for myself so it is now more like an apocalypse.

Changes:

1. Removed custom sectors except the OCV homebase - it is now connected right to Bluish Snout. It's also not nessessary to install cat/dat files and custom map. You won't see the OCV homebase on universe map, but do you really need it, since you know where the eastern gate in Bluish Snout leads.

2. The wares stock at OCV homebase is always at 100%, so the 1st invasion begin right after the activation of the plugin.

3. After the OCV takes next sector, its new base there spawns with 100% wares stock. That means next invasion starts right after the sector is conquered.

4. The production cost of OCV ships is now changed to 1 for all ships. The maximum number of ships is twice increased.

5. The maximum number of Volunteers changed from 20 - 40 to 2 - 4. It's now really difficult to stop the invasions.

Due to the changes, the speed of OCV expansion is greatly increased. Since there's no problem for OCV to build fleets, it is now capable to effectively conquer more than one sector at the same time. After 1 Day of game time, it now controls the whole north-east part of the universe. Since the invasion can't go through Xenon sectors (it came to a dead end at Xenon Sectors 472 and 598), the only way it can infest the main part of the universe is the eastern gate in Family Whi, which connects it with Shareholder's Fortune. If it manages to infest Family Whi, there's really no way to stop it from eliminating everything. The only sectors that will not be conquered are like Gaian Star, because it's cut from other sectors with Unknown Sector (invasion doesnt take Xenon and Unknown).
The destruction of gate in Family Whi is the easiest way to stop it.

Dunno if Litcube plans to release any modification of the plugin, so if anyone interested in my version of his great script, you can pm me.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 18:11

XenonMSA wrote: 2. The wares stock at OCV homebase is always at 100%, so the 1st invasion begin right after the activation of the plugin.

3. After the OCV takes next sector, its new base there spawns with 100% wares stock. That means next invasion starts right after the sector is conquered.

4. The production cost of OCV ships is now changed to 1 for all ships. The maximum number of ships is twice increased.
Wow. That's some pretty aggressive OCV. You will never be able to stop such a force, so I'm curious why you wanted it designed this way.

wispborne

Post by wispborne » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 23:10

Alright, this looks really interesting, so I'm trying it out. Great job with the backstory and story stuff; I love it when mods are integrated into the game like that.

Although..first message upon turning on the script: Message from the *Agron* Federation :P

This'll give my newfangled M2 fleet some target practice.

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 00:19

XenonMSA wrote:Hello.
Litcube, no offence, I just wanna share my vision of your Revelation ;)

I slightly modified the plugin for myself so it is now more like an apocalypse.
I assume you're doing this in a very developed game where you've already gotten so big that there's not much of anything left to do? I don't think it'd even be possible to stop them when set up like that though; the best you could hope for would be to contain them, and even then you'd be working overtime just to keep your blockade ships in place.

If you installed this on a new gamestart, there's no way you'd be able to reach a point where you could even halt their advance (let alone push them back) before being overwhelmed.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 13:53

Hi,

Really liking this!

I added it to a game where I'd just got my first M2 and flew directly to Bluish Snout. By the time I'd got to Gannet the first sector had already been invaded and taken.

I popped into the freshly taken sector...and got out of there sharpish! Seeing that sea of red just heading towards me was...scary lol.

A little later I got notification of an impending invasion of Gannet so headed there to help. In my modified game there is a certain degree of hatred between the Boron-Split, Argon-Paranid and each sides allies aren't too fond of each other either, so Argon will attack Split etc. etc.

So, all these race ships jump into Gannet & start scrapping between themselves, then the Xenon fleet begins to enter the sector... :twisted:

Literally all hell broke loose - there's me in my M2 (hated by the Argon) at the forefront of the Xenon assault being right by the gate, taking out what I could. I had some backup from race ships, which were just as keen to pummel each other for the most part, but still we fended off the invasion this time.

I decided to "role play" race relations somewhat so they were less likely to attack each other in light of the new threat...we'll see how that works out!

So yeah, loving this one at the mo - easily some of the largest battles I've seen in TC. Despite using various other scripts (including MARS enabled on ALL capital ships) game performance remains pretty damn good on my old Q6600 (at 3.6 though :))

Part of me doesn't want to help come the next invasion just to see them spread...

Cheers,

Scoob.

Post by Guest » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 17:43

im unsure why so many sectors appear damaged by my map :? i only added those sectors, no removing of sectors...

XenonMSA
x3tc

Post by XenonMSA » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 18:43

Well, I think in original script the number of volunteers is too high, especially when the invasion tries to conquer more than one sector at the same time. The number of ships OCV sends to each sector isnt large, so they can't conquer the sector, but with every try we get more and more volunteers. It's ridiculous to see 20 M2's and M1's in the sector. I'd say it's Volunteer Apocalyplse, not Xenon.

There're a lot of sectors in the game, and when u get extremely aggressive OCV u gotta think what to do. You also can try to use RRF with it, it may be much more interesting. Of course, having 1's as a cost and 100% of the stock are extreme settings, the best ones lie somewhere between mine and original ones.

Btw, I gotta say the plugin doesnt work with Military Base Response AL plugin, so beware. OCV just doesnt do anything for some reason. Pirate guild, Yaki Armada, ADS, ECS, Galactic news and RRF work fine.

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 22:08

i started the plugin, and it sends me the news that the OCV has been found, but it calls the sector "null". after wards, it sends a SECOND message saying that the CW recaptured this sector and then a final message a few seconds later saying that the OCV has been destroyed. 0.o

any idea what i could have done wrong?
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 01:49

Chaos565 wrote:i started the plugin, and it sends me the news that the OCV has been found, but it calls the sector "null". after wards, it sends a SECOND message saying that the CW recaptured this sector and then a final message a few seconds later saying that the OCV has been destroyed. 0.o

any idea what i could have done wrong?
I have 7 ideas, and they're all "faulty install".

@Sergoba: As most error/bug reports are somewhat unclear, I think some people might be mistaking your bod with mine. I made a request at the top of this page, but it's yet to be filled.

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 04:38

@litcube
ouch... Yeh i hate going through faulty installs. (seems i still have some learning to do with fake patching). ive done some tweaking and i moved the revelations director file into my scripts folder and moved the maps revelation into its own folder in the directory. i hope it works 0.o

Edit: nothing. still same 3 messages coming up and i just noticed that that east gate in Bluish Snot, is not there at all 0.o...
im running Cadius' X-tra ship/stations pack. would that by some chance conflict with this mod?

Edit2: all fixed i seemed to have messed up and confused the revelation files up xD well now ill be prepareing myself for the coming fight for the CW once i can get a substantial force (5 Corvettes with fighters is so far my fleet lol)
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 22:30

Hi,

In my game I've managed to banish the Xenon from Tokyo kappa. I was a little surprised how readily this can be done by ignoring all ships and gunning directly for the station. I took out the station expected that to be just the start of the fight but all Xenon self-destructed & we'd won.

After a short while of peace I had the warning to defend Tokyo kappa once again. Defense was successful but the very second the last ship was killed I got a NEW defend message...seems the delay between invasion attempts is VERY short when you're pushing back the that final Unknown sector.

Note: the invasion message was a "rendezvous occurs immediately" rather than the timed ones I'd seen previously. I know I have just a few moments while friendly ships jump in before the bad guys turn up - how can I EVER leave this sector again? Lol. Just checked my message log and the two invasion messages were only 26 game minutes apart - it might seem like a long time however it was quite a fight!

Oh yeah, as I've been taking the brunt of the assault the existing allied forces have hardly been depleted so with the recent re-enforcements things are looking up! :)

Cheers,

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 00:52

Scoob,

What sort of force had you amassed before you started this plugin?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 13:47

Hi,

Personally I'd not much of a force at all. All in I had an M2, and M1 a couple of M6's and a load of captured M3's I was planning to sell, plus an M7 which (along with a docked M3) was my personal ship until I switched to the M2 pretty much full-time.

After activating the plugin I picked up another couple of M6's, placed my personal Military Outpost (Pirate Guild script enabled purchase) in Danna Chance & have a couple of ships attending it.

I've been playing around and since blunting the initial few assaults myself (bagging a good 70% of the kills too) the lack of attrition to the allied forces means that the past 3 invasions (still happening very soon after the last kill of the prior one) have been dealt with solely by said allied fleet, I've been watching via Adv. NS in my home sector of Danna Chance.

Btw: They never say thanks for the help do they? That's just plain rude! ;-)

Cheers,

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 23:42

Scoob wrote:Personally I'd not much of a force at all. All in I had an M2, and M1 a couple of M6's and a load of captured M3's I was planning to sell, plus an M7 which (along with a docked M3) was my personal ship until I switched to the M2 pretty much full-time.
You and I have a very different opinion on what constitutes "not much of a force".

If you start this plugin when you have the military capacity to smash the OCV out of Tokyo Kappa, it's not going to be so much fun, maybe. Maybe you're still having fun, though! If you are, great! If not, then try it in your next game from the start. By the time you build an appropriate contribution to "the fight", you'll have something to look forward to.

As for race "thank yous", I did leave that out intentionally. I tried to create an atmosphere of animal necessity, lacking civility; this is a fight for the Universe, after all.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 30. Jul 10, 00:07

Hi Litcube,

I forget at times that I've tweaked my game to make things more difficult from a certain perspective. Bullet speeds are much faster so fighter weapons hit all but the fastest of targets reliably. Shots do less hull damage so shields down does not equal death. Shields recharge more quickly so only sustained fire can bring them down. Basically a total rebalance to my liking making things more interesting. Saying that I often read of those with "fleets" of M2's etc. while I've never owned more than two or three an ANY game.

So yes, I suppose having an M2 makes me a force to be reckoned with to a certain degree but, for the first few invasions I experienced, we (the allied forces) were quite heavily outnumbered and outgunned. Later, as the attrition from each battle became less, invasions became easy to shrug off. The tide has turned now after 6 battles without my help, only a single M2 of the old fleet remains and new re-enforcements aren't quite enough.

I can see how if the invasions started at the same time I started a new game the universe would be in trouble to say the least - I tend to be quite a slow player when it comes to accruing larger assets. Still, for me at least, this is a script you activate when you think you can handle it.

My plan now is to let the invasions progress, unhindered by me, just to see what happens :-)

Btw: I've noticed that the invasions are occuring much less rapidly now. I assume the resource that powers them has been exhausted to a certain degree and is building up once more.

Cheers for the great script.

Edit: one minor point if I may. When an invasion is due to start and you're asked to come help, jumping in right away = insta-death due to allied forces jumping in. Can anything be done to check for the player arriving in a large ship to stop allies jumping in for a moment or two? Or maybe the notification should arrive after allied forces are in sector?

Scoob.

Jake B
x3tc

Post by Jake B » Sat, 31. Jul 10, 00:08

The new sectors showed up, but not the new xenon, all the races own all the sectors cept the last one, and it is just empty. Same planet in your screen shot showing xenon, but nothing is there, 100% not there. Did I do something wrong? Would a mod like Improved races mess this up?
I always shoot first then.......hmm I can never remember the rest

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”