[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 07:31

Ahah, well, it's just that I don't see many other possible fulfilling rewards around as long as one needs to keep things as much vanilla as he can :P

Anyway, an interesting thing that should testify your theory about the 0m/s issue is correct and is related to the engine itself rather than just CPU power: I followed your suggestion (thanks for pointing that thread out!) and edited my jobs file much like what Jaga_Telesin did (but following another suggestion there with the unflagging of set average speed for traders so that halving their jobs number wouldn't hurt the economy in the long run).
Fired up the game and after a while the OCV strikes back in force; jumped to Gannet and took part in the battle. The M5s still showed the stopping issue (especially a wing of Decas that got in later, the very first Ns didn't seem to be affected, but most of the enemy fleet had still to jump in when they arrived), but overall I had MUCH better frame rates than before as it seems the CPU was definitely less strained.

So, even with more system resources free the issue repeated itself quite like before, apparently unaffected by that improvement and as such unrelated to the CPU.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 13:27

I wouldn't worry about going mad with rewards anyway, I've got a Baldric and a Caiman stuffed to the gills with missiles and guns from popped OCV ships, and a J, K, and 3 LX's have been claimed off them.

As for CPU load, I'm running a slightly overclocked E5200 which is a pretty bottom of the barrel chip and I've not really had any bad slow downs even IS (I do believe there are currently about 20 cap ships patroling at the mo).

Ok edit time, there are now 100+ Neutral/Friendly Capships plus figther support.

Can't really go in there now lol.

Post by Guest » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 03:40

The false patch contains the "view" for your galaxy map only. It will flatten everything. I'm hoping to get some help on simply keeping the vanilla map's contoured and akward style, but adding the Omicron Channel sectors in there for those who don't like flat maps. If anyone can lend a hand, please do.
i have used gmax to splice your sectors into the normal map. i also made those a little more 3D and added sector name boxes (B1X-Y). would you like me to email it to you?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 03:42

sergoba wrote:i have used gmax to splice your sectors into the normal map. i also made those a little more 3D and added sector name boxes (B1X-Y). would you like me to email it to you?

Absolutely! That would be appreciated.

Can you PM it to me?

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 07:47

This looks fantastic, I'll have to give it a try! I'm a huge, huge fan of your mods.

Anything that makes the universe more alive is good to me. Particularly when one can have multiple "players" in the game at once - I've just started running your PhanonCorp mod as well.

The whole notion of competing corporations pursuing their own interests, Improve Races with Hot War stirring things up between the default factions, and now this pursuing an armageddon-esque scenario too... Everyone caught up in their own machinations while doom lurks just out of sight.

Fantastic!

More! More! =)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 07:51

@Wintersdark: Thought I was the only one in Vancouver who played X3. :)

@sergoba: Thanks for the file! I'll package it tomorrow.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 07:54

i'm not far off in victoria

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 08:15

heh there's 3 people in one thread. Who knows how many there really are =)

I'm curious. Is it possible - well, more accurately, practical - to build a second instance of PhanonCorp, that can run simultaneously using the other spare race, obviously with a different starting sector and independant assets? So we've got not one but two competing corporations... which also compete with each other?

It'd be absolutely fantastic if both were neutral to everyone (as PhanonCorp is now) except at open war with each other.

Post by Guest » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 13:17

your welcome

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 18:42

Also included in the OP:

Thanks to sergoba, who has spent time creating the Omicron Channel Sectors with the Vanilla style map: if you DO NOT want your Universe map to be flattened, use this 12.CAT file instead of the one contained in the download above: Vanilla Style Galaxy Map For Revelations

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 22:01

Litcube wrote:Also included in the OP:

Thanks to sergoba, who has spent time creating the Omicron Channel Sectors with the Vanilla style map: if you DO NOT want your Universe map to be flattened, use this 12.CAT file instead of the one contained in the download above: Vanilla Style Galaxy Map For Revelations
Very good, because somehow this new map of the sectors does not approach, but the problem is, this alteration does not include the sector the player received after the story New Home. We simply do not have it on the map. You are able to fix it?

PS. There is also its sectors added the story Aldrin (5 sectors).
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 23:15

Litcube wrote:Also included in the OP:

hmmm an observation:

12.cat? My vanilla 2.7 installation has up to 13.cat/dat's. I'm aware of how the naming conventions/fake patching process works, I'm just wondering at your choice of 12 as the original name. Does your X installation (when clean) only have 11? What version?

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 08:30

Patch 2.7.1 adds file 12.dat/cat
But the numbers of files, dat/cat added to the mods, do not matter, you know, after that they always change their numbers to another number, file dat/cat in our game directory. I installed this mod as 20.dat :)
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 09:31

Yacek wrote:Patch 2.7.1 adds file 12.dat/cat
But the numbers of files, dat/cat added to the mods, do not matter, you know, after that they always change their numbers to another number, file dat/cat in our game directory. I installed this mod as 20.dat :)
Yeah, I understand how the naming works - I've this installed as 17 myself. I just found 12 as the current filename curious, as that's a number already taken by X3TC. Made me wonder if Litcube was running 2.7.1 or what.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 22:18

I noticed something with the map management, the unknown sector in Patriachs Retreat has disappeared.

Can someone go have a look, if only to test where its this mod or another I can narrow it down too.

Its either 175,0,0 or -175,0,0 lol

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 23:53

To solve this once and for all, can someone who's completed all plot and uses a vanilla universe run this script:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078

And then send me the file? It would be apprciated. As for the unflat version by sergoba, I wouldn't know how to fix it.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 04:30

I would recommend something like this: All Plots Complete
[ external image ]

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 16:59

When you switch the mod off, it removes all ships including the players(except the one you pilot), is it possible to change it so it doesn't remove player ships when you turn the mod off? I just had my springblossom and two LX ships disappear :shock:
Also, one time I jumped to the south gate in Tokyo Kapa from within the system, my keyboard was disabled for around 30sec (the ship turrets and everyone else were going about as normal), then it said I had arrived in the system and I was given back control. I haven't been able to reproduce it so far tho.

Anyways, I just wanted to say it's an awsome plugin that really enhanced my X-perience! So thank you loads! :D

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 02:11

-Update-

0.84b
- You shouldn't have seen this bug unless you captured the generated ships, but will not longer destroy playerships upon turning off plugin.

Thanks for reporting, Razorwind. Glad you're enjoying it.
Razorwind wrote:When you switch the mod off, it removes all ships including the players(except the one you pilot), is it possible to change it so it doesn't remove player ships when you turn the mod off? I just had my springblossom and two LX ships disappear :shock:
You likely capped those two LXs. I've fixed this. I think you're lying about the Springblosson. :)

Razorwind wrote:Also, one time I jumped to the south gate in Tokyo Kapa from within the system, my keyboard was disabled for around 30sec (the ship turrets and everyone else were going about as normal), then it said I had arrived in the system and I was given back control. I haven't been able to reproduce it so far tho.
There's a few lines of code I wrote in the main 'tick' routine that's dedicated to disabling the keyboard for roughly 30 seconds or so. However, it's programmed to only happen 1 in 100 times. I'll set it to 1 in 30, as to ensure more frequent and easier reproduction of the bug.

Just kidding.

XenonMSA
x3tc

Post by XenonMSA » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 06:17

Hello.
Litcube, no offence, I just wanna share my vision of your Revelation ;)

I slightly modified the plugin for myself so it is now more like an apocalypse.

Changes:

1. Removed custom sectors except the OCV homebase - it is now connected right to Bluish Snout. It's also not nessessary to install cat/dat files and custom map. You won't see the OCV homebase on universe map, but do you really need it, since you know where the eastern gate in Bluish Snout leads.

2. The wares stock at OCV homebase is always at 100%, so the 1st invasion begin right after the activation of the plugin.

3. After the OCV takes next sector, its new base there spawns with 100% wares stock. That means next invasion starts right after the sector is conquered.

4. The production cost of OCV ships is now changed to 1 for all ships. The maximum number of ships is twice increased.

5. The maximum number of Volunteers changed from 20 - 40 to 2 - 4. It's now really difficult to stop the invasions.

Due to the changes, the speed of OCV expansion is greatly increased. Since there's no problem for OCV to build fleets, it is now capable to effectively conquer more than one sector at the same time. After 1 Day of game time, it now controls the whole north-east part of the universe. Since the invasion can't go through Xenon sectors (it came to a dead end at Xenon Sectors 472 and 598), the only way it can infest the main part of the universe is the eastern gate in Family Whi, which connects it with Shareholder's Fortune. If it manages to infest Family Whi, there's really no way to stop it from eliminating everything. The only sectors that will not be conquered are like Gaian Star, because it's cut from other sectors with Unknown Sector (invasion doesnt take Xenon and Unknown).
The destruction of gate in Family Whi is the easiest way to stop it.

Dunno if Litcube plans to release any modification of the plugin, so if anyone interested in my version of his great script, you can pm me.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”