No-Ad-Sign-Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 17:35

Sorkvild wrote:Is this mod adapted for AP use ?
I do not recommend.
The new file contains the AP IconData lot of new icons (icons JumpBeacon) that disappear from the game after installing this mod.

The AP can use this mod: http://www.mamuthq.net.pl/pobierz_plik_ ... la-ap.html (Description of content and method of installation is located at the link on the download window.)
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 19:39

I do not recommend.
The new file contains the AP IconData lot of new icons (icons JumpBeacon) that disappear from the game after installing this mod.
This is completely wrong, it doesn't contain anything appart from the adsign bodies. You might be confusing it with another mod using a different way to get rid of them.

I did not test it with AP, it will get rid of the signs, but only those that where already in X3TC. If they added new ones they are not included.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 20:05

Sorry, Killjadean.
You are right. I was wrong with the mod No floating Icon.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 23:12

Killjaeden wrote:
I do not recommend.
This is completely wrong, it doesn't contain anything appart from the adsign bodies. You might be confusing it with another mod using a different way to get rid of them.

I did not test it with AP, it will get rid of the signs, but only those that where already in X3TC. If they added new ones they are not included.
Any plans to update the patch ?
Guess I'll grab this one and see if it works.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 00:16

I am using it in AP with no issues.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 15:43

I confirm - works fine with AP. Installation, just like in the first post drop it to TC folder. Effect will be seen in AP.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 12:59

hi Killjaeden, i love to get rid of adds, hate them in reallife didn't change in game and better performance always good :)
so thanks a lot for this mod.
As i am putting a mod together using other performance increasing mods i'd like to use yours in that as well with your permission
:oops: Well i have put it up already and gave credits to you and the other authors, but would remove it if you ask me for. to be found here.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 16:37

It's more polite to ask beforehand (and prevents you getting in trouble in case of copyright problems), please keep that in mind for your next project. You have my permission.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 17:54

i'll do and thanks.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

SilenceOfHell
x3tc

Post by SilenceOfHell » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 21:43

The site was moved, I found the new link though.

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php/viewd ... o-modified

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 18:12

Instaled with X Plugin Manager and not working atm in AP 3.x, going to reinstall everything and add all the mods manually to see if it works that way.
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 18:34

The PM probably installs the files to the addon folder. Try installing them to the described folder in the X3 Terran Conflict directory and it should work.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 18:58

I'm going to be reinstalling the game from scratch and adding all of the mods manually, to see if I can get everything working more smoothly. If it works for someone, I should be able to get it working for myself with a little luck. I may be back with a question or two (more) though :)

Edit: So the correct location would be to go to ...\common\x3 terran conflict\ and drop the objects folder from the archive, with its entire contents, right in there between the mov and scripts folders?
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 22:09

GlassDeviant wrote:Edit: So the correct location would be to go to ...\common\x3 terran conflict\ and drop the objects folder from the archive, with its entire contents, right in there between the mov and scripts folders?
Correct. :)

As far as I remember adsigns weren't changed in any way with X3AP. So there's a good chance that X3AP simply looks up the X3TC path for the respective files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 9. Apr 15, 01:45

Awesome, thanks!
bibo ergo sum

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 23:24

Both download links do not work anymore I'm afraid. Is there a new mirror or could someone reupload this please?

Edit: Found the mod on the X1TP mod backup site, download here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”