[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2 (CLS2)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 09:20

Conbadicus wrote:so "manual price" is the one I choose for setting a min sell price
All of them are min price in the sense that the pilot will not sell below that price, min is the min price for that ware, e.g. 12cr for e-cells, 16 being avg, 20 being max. manual price just allows you to set a price other than min, avg or max. whichever you use the pilot will not budge (CLS on Standby) if they won't pay at least that price
Last edited by MarvinTheMartian on Sun, 8. Jul 12, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 14:59

so my pilot wont go to a factory that is buying for 18 and sell for 16 if I set it to 16. Or avoid any factory that is buying for anything but 16

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 00:41

Conbadicus wrote:so my pilot wont go to a factory that is buying for 18 and sell for 16 if I set it to 16. Or avoid any factory that is buying for anything but 16
The price works the same as setting a product price in a factory, so if you set the price at 16cr and the station in your waypoint list is buying for 18 then the CLS2 pilot will sell the amount you specified to the station. The same analogy is true for buying - the price you set, just like a factory's resource buying price, is used as the most the pilot will pay for that item.

It sounds like your purpose might be better served using CAG instead of CLS, you can set station/sector white-lists if you want to trade only with a handful of NPC stations. The only time CLS2 is essential is when you are trading from a ship of yours (like a TL on mobile mining) rather than a station.

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 14:12

so if you set the price at 16cr and the station in your waypoint list is buying for 18 then the CLS2 pilot will sell the amount you specified to the station.
That is my point, I wan't to be able to set a "sell for at least x amount of credits"

Im under the impression that CAG is a pilot who ensures that the station gets resources it needs and then sells resources it produces (after leveling up)

and a CL pilot simply makes programmed trade runs and/or supply runs.

That being said, it makes sense for me to have a CL pilot pick up my wares and personally search for places to sell them in addition to other random people coming to purchase from my station,

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 14:30

That also brings to mind, what is the difference between and external CL and internal CL

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 11:49

Conbadicus wrote:That is my point, I wan't to be able to set a "sell for at least x amount of credits"
I'm obviously not doing a good job of explaining it ;)

That's exactly what it does, sell X amount for at least Y credits

X is the amount of wares you instruct it to sell at the station (in the waypoint) and Y is the price you set - whether you set min, avg, max or manual all you are doing is setting the value of Y and not how the pilot uses it, the pilot will sell for at least Y credits at the price the station is offering which may be more than Y.

Differences between CAG, CLS1 & CLS2 (in the context of trading as CLS2 does much much more):
CLS2 (external logistics) will trade only with stations you list in its waypoint list when the supply conditions are met, it will not automatically find stations to trade with
CLS1 (internal logistics) will supply only your stations and will deliver 1 or more products from its homebase list (with the option of multiple suppliers of the same product) to 1 or more of your stations based on demand for the product, again you must specify the stations
CAG will either buy resources (Shopper), sell products (Salesman) or both (Trader), based on buy/sell pricing from/to any station automatically unless you specify further conditions such as sector & station blacklists/whitelists or product blacklists/tradelists

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 15:12

Ok I see, just a little mis communication.

So, I understand now.

thanks

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 23:48

I'm having some trouble with my CLS ships. I have an HQ next to a complex. I add the waypoints for my rangers to go pick up 80 microchips from the complex and unload 80 microchips at the HQ. I come back later and they are telling me CLS on standby at the HQ full of microchips that they will not unload. I've rewritten the waypoints several times and I have changed the amount they should load and unload but they always do the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 09:38

a CLS2 pilot will run the command in a loop while the supply conditions are met, in this case 1. can I load 80 micro chips, 2. can I unload 80 microchips, 3. GOTO 1

You should use load up to 80 microchips and unload up to 80 microchips (or more as 80 microchips doesn't build anything much bigger than M3/M8 )

Anyway, are microchips actually a ware already listed in the HQ? not sure if they'll unload anything that's not already listed as a stock item, also, reset any other supply conditions, 99% of the time the issue is there.

You could also use dockware manager to limit the microchips in stock (only obeyed by CAG and CLS1 pilots) and assign the task to a CLS1 pilot who will do the same thing except can handle more than one product and more than one supplier (so long as its homebase has all the products)

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 19:20

Surealism wrote:Hey,

I am by no means an expert in this, and I realize this is probably too little too late, but I'll try to help none the less...

@Xander Cade: First off, CLS MK1 is way better for this sort of thing. Secondly, it seems from your log that you're using the "manual input up to" command, I'm not sure about that but I think that's what the -1 in front of each transfer code is for. This makes it so that your CLSs' will only move ecells as long as the station in question has less than the "manual input up to" quantity. In this case that would be 9500 for Gator and 13500 for Vanity Fair, taking into consideration the minimum transfer of 5% bit, this means that since the complex has 13k ecells neither of the two ships will move.
Waypoint: T-Av Pleasure Palace (Avarice)
Ware: Energy Cells
Ware price: 0 credits
Transfer code: -109500
Price and cargo bay at station: 17 credits, cargo bay 16,874 units (2 %)
Waypoint: T-Av Pleasure Palace (Avarice)
Transfer code: -113500
Price and cargo bay at station: 17 credits, cargo bay 29,896 units (5 %)
You're later post however seems to contradict this theory, if you can post the log for that too, we might figure it out.

@oddgit: The CLS pilots will not use jump beacons unless they either a) have training as a navigator or b) there is a navigator on board with them. In order to get/train a navigator you need the Military Transport script and possibly the Personnel Transporter script, you should note though that navigators can only be trained from marines with the right skill set (this part is somewhat annoying when you've already got stations to take care of, you could always cheat the marines in though, or modify the script yourself if you really wanna go crazy). If you really want to take advantage of all the capabilities of Lucike's scripts you should get his Lucike's Script Collection. It takes some figuring out, but I find it extremely useful.

@firemmann: Same thing as Xander, you should really use CLS MK1. Your log shows some odd waypoints where your ships do nothing before each waypoint, what are these? what commands are you issuing them exactly? This might be due to my ignorance and inability to read CLS logs, I'm not sure, but I've never seen that before, it looks like they're buying 0 ecells at 1 credit each... but that doesn't make sense:
Waypoint: Production (Herron's Nebula)
Ware price: 1 credits
Transfer code: 0
Price and cargo bay at station: 16 credits, cargo bay 1,414,598 units (99 %)
Waypoint: Energy Storage (Herron's Nebula)
Ware price: 1 credits
Transfer code: 0
Price and cargo bay at station: 16 credits, cargo bay 60,492 units (0 %)
also it looks like you have the same problem as Xander:
Waypoint: Energy Storage (Herron's Nebula)
Transfer code: -107600
Price and cargo bay at station: 16 credits, cargo bay 60,492 units (0 %)
This basicly solved the problem i was having, just another example of how unclear a interface can be.

Anyway now my logistics have popped enrage since now they are moving all the time.

Barbarossa66
x3tc

Post by Barbarossa66 » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 15:31

I need to start off by saying that I love the CLS scripts. They are definitely among the most useful that I have come across.

I am having an issue with a pair of mine though, both with identical routes. I have several others that work fine for their tasks, but these two will not repeat their routes. Instead they sit in my complex with a 'Dest. Barbaco Hvy Transport 092 (Perpetual Sin)' blinking on and off once they complete a cycle. I have tried altering the route and conditions over and over with no luck. My current workaround has been to homebase them to the Ryu so that restarting their script is easy, but I'd rather they did that automatically.

Basically these two TSs are moving silicon into my complex because all of the high silicon yield 'roids in Ore Mine are already in my complex and it wasn't enough to feed the Complex. I set up a group of 10 mobile miners with a CLS2 TS transferring to the Ryu without issue. I just can't get anything to transfer away from the Ryu without resetting it after every trip. The pertinent log is as follows:

Home base: BarbaCo Hvy Transport 092 (Perpetual Sin)
Home base class: TL
Home base type: Ryu
Station account: 121,481,294 credits
Global account: 121,481,294 credits

Ship in the same sector: No
Wait for request signal: No

Minimum transfer on collection: 5 %
Minimum transfer on delivery: 5 %

Waypoint: BarbaCo Hvy Transport 092 (Perpetual Sin)
Ware: Silicon Wafers
Transfer code: 722
Price and cargo bay at station: 0 credits, cargo bay 1,742 units (87 %)

Waypoint: Microchip Complex alpha (Ore Belt)
Ware: Silicon Wafers
Transfer code: -722
Price and cargo bay at station: 232 credits, cargo bay 5,401 units (44 %)

Waypoint: Microchip Complex alpha (Ore Belt)
Refuel jump energy

Thank you to anyone who can help resolve this issue.

Edit: Resolved. The answer was in this thread and I missed it. Apparently both the TL and the CLSs need transporters. I only had it on the TL.

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 00:32

if i set "minimum transfer amount on collection" -and delivery- to 0% will this cause them to simply buy whatever is available? also this percentage to buy is it referring to the total amount of "up to" i told it to buy? example-i want to buy 500 microchips, so i tell it to buy up to 500. if it is set to 1% would this equal 5 microchips needing to be at a store for the cls to go buy it? if so will the 0% theory solve this

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 25. May 13, 07:30

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but since the X3 Bonus Pack topics specified that this is thread for questions about CLS2...

I have done some searching, & been unable to find an answer, though I did find basically the same question asked in 2010 with no discernible answer.

My question is this, is there any way to make the Global Administration of CLS2 actually honour the filter settings when transferring saved config data to your CLS2 fleet?

Because the "Send to Sector Colleagues" & "Send to All Colleagues" just send to everyone matching the criteria in their titles, & the "Send Filter" takes you to the menu where you specify the filter options you want to use, but lacks any discernible way to "Send to those ships matching the specified filter criteria".

Help, please?

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 21:53

I have a trader running CLS 2 which is supposed to load energy cells from my solar power plant, then drop them off at my silicon mine and load up silicon and then drop it off at my solar power plant. Trouble is that it spends its entire time on standby and I honestly can't work out why. Is there anything that could be causing this because I also notice that it doesn't actually unload the cargo, just loads more till its freight bay is full.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 23:16

Solar power plants don't consume silicon, they consume crystals. So you cls pilot is not able to unload the silicon

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 11:26

MarvinTheMartian wrote:Solar power plants don't consume silicon, they consume crystals. So you cls pilot is not able to unload the silicon
Yes, forgive me for not explaining myself properly, I have a crystal plant attached to it, 7 in fact.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 16:04

peppy tails wrote:if i set "minimum transfer amount on collection" -and delivery- to 0% will this cause them to simply buy whatever is available? also this percentage to buy is it referring to the total amount of "up to" i told it to buy? example-i want to buy 500 microchips, so i tell it to buy up to 500. if it is set to 1% would this equal 5 microchips needing to be at a store for the cls to go buy it? if so will the 0% theory solve this

It's funny that I just read this now because last night I was trying to do the same exact thing. I have been having problems with CLS2 for the past week not getting it to work exactly right. I've read the documentation at least 4 times. I've watched various youtube videos and other guides. I was trying to gather 500 microchips for The Hub and was about to give up. I used the most of the default settings with buying upto manual input 500. I noticed the hauler only 1 time went to a factory and picked up 8 microchips, when I was playing with the numbers. So then I finally did the math of 5% of 500 is 25 and I also noticed none of the factories held onto chips that long. They will sell almost right away. I lowered it to 0% and off the pilot went and it worked perfectly. I can't believe I spent so long on this, couldn't wrap my head around what was wrong. Only to find out it was a basic math issue. If I had any hair I'd be tearing it out.

Great script can't wait to start finding more uses for it now that I actually understand it.

FischAP
x3ap

Post by FischAP » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 13:52

Hi

I have a, maybe, CLS problem.

I have a freighter with CLS Mk2 that is selling energy cells from my energy complex.
Can i somehow keep him from loading all the remaining cells ?
For example keep 5000 cells in the complex all the time ?

Cake024

Re: [X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2 (CLS2)

Post by Cake024 » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 13:49

I'm using CSL2 with X3 Reunion which came with the game.
I've managed to get as far as getting and being able to click on the 'Start External Commodity Logistics', and I get a messsage that CLS2 is on standby.
But I don't seem to be seeing a CLS2 menu allowing me to select waypoints.
I'm really puzzling over this and have searched all over for a CLS2 menu. Not sure what I'm missing.
Would really appreciated some help on this.

Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2 (CLS2)

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 14:54

The scripted menu system didn't exist in Reunion, this wasn't added until TC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”