[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2 (CLS2)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Wed, 12. May 10, 18:14

SITREP:

Mercury Tanker
CLS1/CLS2/Nav Command1/Best buys/Best sell/Jumpdrive
I don't own any stations so no Homebase set, Jumpdrive(yes, 1 minimum)

I would like this tanker to buy Space Fuel in Herron's Nebula at Alpha and Beta distilleries and Sell at the Argon Trading Station and Pirate Base in Atreus Clouds. There are advanced satellites in each of these sectors providing pricing data.

I have set waypoints as follows:

Buy at distilleries:
Buy>Space Fuel>Manual Price Setting>850>Maximum Cargo Space

Sell at Trading Station/Pirate Base:
Sell>Space Fuel>Manual Price Setting>1240>Maximum Cargo Space

Tanker is holding 599 units of Space Fuel and 1600 E-Cells.
There are currently these inventory levels at these bases:

Trading Station: 137/161 at 1252
Pirate Base: 150/161 at 1252

Now, I would expect that when I start him he would fly to both the Trading Station and Pirate Base to top them off since they are paying over the 1240 that I'm asking. I would also expect that he would fly to the distilleries to buy if the price came below 850.

That's what I would expect, but all he does is sit in standby.

This is an obvious user error. I know that one of my settings is off or I am totally missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scarecrow23
x3tc

Post by Scarecrow23 » Thu, 13. May 10, 05:10

Are CLS 2's (or 1s for that matter) supposed to be smart enough to skip a waypoint/pause until the waypoint has is able to be met? Essentially my CLS is ferrying ore to my Complex and energy back out to my mines a sector away, but it's constantly getting itself full on Ore when my complex is already at capacity and then either ends up in standby or making e-cell runs with like 100 cargo space. I did set the Delivery ware % to 100% (up from default 5%) in the hopes it would fix it but I can't see any difference yet.

All I want to do is have some form of getting a steady loop of ore to my complex and e-cells from my complex to my mines without a ton of micromanagement, is this even possible and could someone post a step by step if so?

EDIT: I've tried just about every possible combination and can't get it to be useful, really seems like a rather meaningless piece of software not sure how it's in the BP. If there is some sorcery to get it to work then the documentation needs to be made more readable cause I've looked over it to many times.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 13. May 10, 15:27

@ Crapgame

Have you got the trade log active and does it provide any clues? (You can find the logfile where your save games are.)

Maybe instead of Sell>Maximum Cargo Space try

Sell>Manual Input Up To and set it to the maximum cargo space of the ship.

Also check the friend & foe settings in the command console of the ship.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 13. May 10, 15:56

@ Scarecrow23

As per the reply to Crapgame, do you have the trade log active and does it provide any clues?

I don't know what you expect the CLS to do with Ore if the only place it's allowed to delivery it is full :?

It might be best add another waypoint for it to sell or transfer the Ore. Do you have another complex that needs Ore? Alternatively it might be better to add a CAG to that complex to sell the surplus Ore (within limits) whilst the CLS continues to transfer Ore between the two.

I have a CLS MK2 running between 2 complexes doing exactly what you are trying to do:

Waypoint 1
Rolk's Legacy Silicon Complex
1. Load Silicon Max Cargo Space

Waypoint 2
Montalaar Chip Complex
1. Unload Silicon Max Cargo Space
2. Load Energy Cells Max Cargo Space

Waypoint 3
Rolk's Legacy Silicon Complex
1. Unload Energy Cells Max Cargo Space
2. Refuel Jump Energy

(Load / Unload transfers without credits exchanging between the two complexes)

<EDIT>
Just noticed that the Silicon Complex is full of Energy Cells, so the CLS freighter has both Energy Cells and Silicon in its cargo and it is actively trying to continue supply of both products between the two complexes.

So it might be time for me to utilise a CAG to sell the excess for profitsss or change over to CLS MK1 to share the products across other complexes to more efficiently utilise resources.

Scarecrow23
x3tc

Post by Scarecrow23 » Thu, 13. May 10, 19:48

I'm expecting something with a modicum of intelligence, CAG and every other script works fine why is this one so limited? As I said all I want is it to have the intelligence to skip over a waypoint or something if the destination is full, so I don't have to keep watching the factories $$ with CAG or CLS1 (or double the ships for that matter).

1. Factory A
Unload up to 9000 e-cells
Load up to 800 ore

2. Factory B
Unload up to 832 Ore
Load up to 10000 e-cells

3. Factory C
Unload up to 9000 e-cells

4. Factory B
Load up to 10000 e-cells

Thats essentially what I have and it can't even do that without completely breaking down when something gets full stock, which leads me to ask what is the point? A dedicated Hub software script because the requirements are so ridiculous? Why not just make the requirements bearable for the Hub instead of misleading what this software can do?

Also I probably sound more pissy/angry then I am so if that's the case I apologize.

Falgalar

Post by Falgalar » Fri, 28. May 10, 18:33

I have been bashing my head trying to figure this problem out. You guys bash a while, my head is swollen. :)

I have a complex in Ore Belt producing items i want sent to my PHQ. Self suffecient and produces a few missiles and other bits to equip new ships (including raw materials, microchips, ore, etc).

I took a Mistral Super Freighter and added 6x 25Mj shields, extended the cargo hold, speed, etc and added CLS1 & 2, Fight 1 & 2, 4 impulse ray, jumpdrive, transporter, best buy/sell locators, boost extension, trade software 2 & 3, nav software and Singularity engine time accel (just in case i want to fly it myself).

I'm in x3tc 2.6. The PHQ is modified (500million space), and i have a few other scripts going as well. Complex Cleaner, Super Tractor, Cheat package(never use it), and maybe one other that simplified asteroid detail for better frame rates (if i even reinstalled that one). I installed the Bonus Package (v4.1.0) on top, just a couple days ago.

The complex in ore belt dosent produce a huge lot of goods other than ore and silicon so 1 or 2 ships would be able to deal with it effectively rather than the 12 ships i had before. The problem is, the CLS dosent deliver all goods in the list and i simply can't find a reason for it.

There is space in the PHQ (miles of it).
There is no limit set on any goods (yet).
The waypoint specifies Unload (max cargo) for the item.
It will deliver some goods but refuse on others.

Example, it will load up quantum tubes, computer components, ore and microchips. When it gets to the PHQ it unloads everything except the microchips.

This happens for silicon, cloth rimes, and a number of others. It will deliver 25Mj Shields, but not typhoon missiles, deliver ore but not silicon, though it will fill the cargo hold with these things.

I did a test with microchips being the only item to load/unload and it simply loads up the ship and sits there collecting the ware and never delivers. Same for Typhoon missiles. I'm using the CLS2 external CL command. Set the complex as home base, cleared it too, check for limits at PHQ, everything seems in order. Im sure there is a bad setting someplace but i just cant find it.

What do i do to fix it?

whoeva

Post by whoeva » Sun, 30. May 10, 02:54

Scarecrow23 wrote:As I said all I want is it to have the intelligence to skip over a waypoint or something if the destination is full, so I don't have to keep watching the factories $$ with CAG or CLS1 (or double the ships for that matter)
Try taking a look at the supply options:

Supply conditions

Minimum delivery amount for collecting
Pilot only flies to a waypoint if he can at least collect 5% of the wanted amount. Change this setting here.

Minimum delivery amount for delivering
Pilot only flies to a waypoint if he can at least deliver 5% of the wanted amount. Change this setting here.

I currently use this script for collecting silicon from my various mines and mobile mining operation so I set the "min. delivery for collecting" to 90 to prevent my ships jumping in to collect a handful of wafers.

I also have the "min. delivery for delivery" for my energy supply complex to 100 so unless a complex can accept a full load of energy it doesn't get a delivery.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:46

Bonuspack 4.1.01 updates the CLS2 to version 3.3.02.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 20:01

im little confused...where can i get this "Pilot" ? :lol:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 21:24

The command ``Start external commodity logistics'' also includes the possibilities of configuration.

Important: The command is visible only when there is a pilot on the vessel or the ship is docked, in order for a pilot to enter the vessel.
Dock ship, call 'Start'. ;)

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Thu, 8. Jul 10, 13:21

omg,how could i miss that :oops:

briggsy10
x3

Post by briggsy10 » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 13:56

I'm having the exact same problem as Falgalar, and can't find the answer anywhere. I've got 3 CLS mk2 agents supplying weapons, missiles, and shields/resources to my HQ from 3 seperate complexes in Weaver's Tempest. My HQ is also in the sector, so jump capabilities/trader level etc aren't an issue.

The Weapons supplier happily picks up and supplies every weapon I produce (about 15) to my HQ very efficiently - the complex never gets above about 15% full, which is great.

The missile supplier happily delivers Tomahawks, Hammer Torps and Flails, but for some reason never ever ever drops off the mosquito missiles. Every cycle it picks up all missiles - including mosquitos - meaning every hour or so I have to step in, manually drop off about 10000 stockpiled mosquitos in the ship's freight bay to the HQ, then restart the command.

Similarly, my shield/resource supplier will pick up all 14 items for delivery, 4 of which are shields (25 MJ - 2GJ), but will fail to drop off computer components or energy cells. Again, these products just build up in the hull, although this time more severely, as I've told him to deliver 6000 energy cells at a time, meaning after just one cycle he's already run out of space for any more products!

I have no idea whether this is a bug, or a user error, I can't see what I've done wrong as the waypoints set to load/unload each product are identical - there should be no reason to be able to load and unload Teladianium without problems, but fail to do anything but collect Computer Components when the commands are completely identical.

Anyone have any advice for this?

Sparkyaq
x3tc

Post by Sparkyaq » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 22:53

My pilot keeps getting stuck after he buys from the first waypoint.

He is flying a Mercury TS with Trade Command MK 1, CLS MK 2, and Nav Command MK I. I'm trying to get him to buy up to 750 Meatsteaks for average price from Cahoona Bakery L alpha (Home of Light) and then sell up to 750 Meatsteaks for max price at Ammunition Factory alpha (Home of Light).

This isn't the first setup I've tried, but none of them have worked. When I activate the command, he goes to the station specified to buy from and then buys the product but he then goes to "CLS on standby..." and I can't figure it out.

I have no stations of my own and just started. I mostly got the software so I could have the pilot trade for me to keep my credits up while I go doing whatever in my new Discoverer hauler. I'm new to the whole series so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious but any advice would be helpful.

Darkwolf_187
x4

CLS2 with TL's and Mobile Mining

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 08:17

So, I'm running through a plan in my head to handle delivery of large amounts of Silicon Wafers to a remote sector, where the Wafers have been collected via Mobile Mining. What I was planning on doing is this;

1. Have 4 mobile miners collecting up rocks.
2. Have a "foreman" running CLS2 who is instructed to simply unload wafers from the miners. Nothing else.
3. Have a TL who is running the following CLS2 script;
a. Unload Silicon Wafers from foreman
b. Deliver to remote complex (and refuel jump fuel there)

Now, I have a couple of questions about how this would work. I'm aware that the TL pilot needs to be a Cargo Messenger or higher to work, and the Foreman and TL both need to have Transporter devices.

But my question is, while I'm sure that the unloading phase will work, can CLS2 deliver material from a TL into a factory complex that the TL can't dock at? Will the TL use the transporter to offload into the complex, or will I have to handle transfer some other way?

If I do need to handle it another way, any idea how I would?

{CLS2 question + [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] ~= merged. jlehtone}

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 19:21

There's an easier way to do it. Homebase the miners to the Foreman, and give them Transporter Devices. When they're full, they'll move to the Foreman TL, and drop off the Silicon, then go back to mining.

The CLS2 TL can then collect directly from the Foreman, and deliver wherever it's going.

marcusdavidus
x2

Post by marcusdavidus » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 19:37

or simply run prospectors instead .. they can support directly yoru factory or tl or whatever u want

cheeseburger

Load only CPU usage?

Post by cheeseburger » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 04:37

Hi, I have setup 100+ TS only with load wares waypoint (CLS2, load ware, staying on the player station). Now if I start this CLS2 command on more than 5 ships, the entire universe is freezing up, no ship is moving anymore - I guess the CPU is too busy.

Is there any way to tell CLS2 to only run this load waypoint once every 5-10 minutes? For now I'm experimenting with additinal "dock at station" waypoint to add extra 10sec break, but is there any other way?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Is there anyone out there who can tell me why this isn't working?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 19:47

Code: Select all

Commodity Logistics Software MK2

Script version: 3302
Libraries version: 3409
Pilot Union version: 3307

Pilot: Chu t'Nst
Pilot rank: Logistician
Flight time: 229:39 hour
Employ time: 335:29 hour
Payment: 463,560 credits
Profit: -10,834,915 credits
Expenses: -792,585 credits

Promotion: Yes
Payment: Global account

Ship name: CLS2 TL Bowser Caiman Hauler (Antigone Memorial) WP4 LO-J
Ship class: TS
Ship type: Caiman Hauler
Transport class: Extra Large Containers XL
Cargo bay size: 7000 units
Cargo bay volume: 7000 units

Relation to Argon: Neutral
Relation to Boron: Neutral
Relation to Split: Neutral
Relation to Paranid: Neutral
Relation to Teladi: Neutral
Relation to Xenon: Foe
Relation to Kha'ak: Foe
Relation to Pirates: Neutral
Relation to Goner: Neutral
Relation to ATF: Neutral
Relation to Terran: Neutral
Relation to Yaki: Neutral

Commodity Logistics Software MK1: not installed
Commodity Logistics Software MK2: installed
Fight Command Software MK1: installed
Fight Command Software MK2: installed

Transporter Device: installed

Supply Command Software: not installed

Jump Drive: installed
Jump Drive: activated
Jump Drive: allowed
Jump Drive energy: 700 energy cells
Jump Drive minimum jumps: 2 jumps

Home base: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha (Antigone Memorial)
Home base class: Complex Hub
Home base type: Argon Complex Hub
Station account: 7,428,776 credits
Global account: 1,353,779,957 credits

Ship in the same sector: Yes
Wait for request signal: No

Minimum transfer on collection: 0 %
Minimum transfer on delivery: 50 %

Waypoint: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha (Antigone Memorial)
     Ware: Energy Cells
     Ware price: 0 credits
     Transfer code: 0
     Price and cargo bay at station: 14 credits, cargo bay 172,767 units (82 %)

Waypoint: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha (Antigone Memorial)
     Transfer code: 7000
     Price and cargo bay at station: 14 credits, cargo bay 172,767 units (82 %)

Waypoint:      ###### Orca (Legend's Home)
     Transfer code: -103000
     Price and cargo bay at station: 0 credits, cargo bay 160 units (0 %)

Waypoint: TH Mission            Albatross (Ianamus Zura)
     Transfer code: -103000
     Price and cargo bay at station: 0 credits, cargo bay 1,306 units (3 %)

Could it be that elusive 'request signal'? I thought that was meant to be a manually-activated hotkey setting..

This top-rank pilot's got mosquitos & drones onboard, so he should be able to perform his duties in an enemy-present sector (although I can't see any reds)

Any thoughts anyone? I've restarted the script several times, but all I gat in the trade log is:

Code: Select all

23-15:01:03: Freighter: CLS2 TL Bowser Caiman Hauler (Antigone Memorial) WP4 LO-J / Homebase: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha(Antigone Memorial) / Targetstation: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha(Antigone Memorial)
23-15:01:03: Chu t'Nst refuels with 700 units of jump energy.
23-15:01:03: Total 0 Cr.

23-15:01:03: Freighter: CLS2 TL Bowser Caiman Hauler (Antigone Memorial) WP4 LO-J / Homebase: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha(Antigone Memorial) / Targetstation: Xtal & uChip Plex Hub alpha(Antigone Memorial)
23-15:01:03: Chu t'Nst loaded 6230 units of Energy Cells.
23-15:01:03: Total 0 Cr.

.. & he sits in his homebase on standby..

Cheers & TIA
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Shoam2B

Post by Shoam2B » Wed, 31. Aug 11, 17:14

One of my ships destroyed and the pilot ejected. i picked him up. but i cant reassing him to other ship.

how do i do this? cuz hes now a passnger.

pigeonpigeon

CLS2 - using ships as waypoints isn't working

Post by pigeonpigeon » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 23:39

Hello, I'm having trouble using the external commodity logistics command to have my pilot shift microchips from a factory to a TL. I have all of the necessary software/hardware, including a transporter, and the pilot is a logistician. I've tried having the TL floating out in space as well as docked, but either way the CLS2 pilot refuses to transfer the goods.

If the TL is docked, my CLS2 pilot docks at the appropriate station but then just sits there forever, with his status stuck at "CLS2 on standby," but once every 5 seconds or so it briefly switches to "deliver goods to TL orca" (the wording is different but I don't remember it exactly). The result is my CLS2 pilot sits there doing nothing while the factory fills up with microchips.

If the TL is in space, then the CLS2 pilot flies up to the TL, and again the status gets stuck at "CLS2 on standby," and this time every few seconds it briefly switches to "fly to TL orca's position." But it's already in range, and still it won't transfer the microchips. It just sits there, forever.

The waypoint structure looks like this:

Microchip factory:
1)load up to half cargo capacity with microchips
TL Orca:
1)fly to station
2)unload up to half cargo capacity with microchips

I've also experimented with taking out the fly to station bit, but nothing changes.

The weirdest part is that I thought I fixed it before. I was having the same problem, gave the CLS2 pilot brand new instructions and it carried out the task once, returned to the microchip factory, and then gave up (the station filled to capacity with microchips before I realized the CLS2 pilot wasn't doing anything).

Any ideas? I'd be grateful for anything at this point, it's driving me crazy! I've made a few successful CLS2 routes, but they don't involve any ships.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”