[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1 (CLS1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

defiler606

CLS problems

Post by defiler606 » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 06:05

I have just recently moved from X3R tp X3TC. In X3R I used a combination of CLS and complexing in managing my empire and I thought that the same would apply here but I was wrong.

I am having some problems with the CLS script. I have 3 crystal manufacturing complexes composed of 3 L Crystal Fabs + 3 L Cattle Ranches and 3 Cahoona Bakeries supplying my 3 XL SPP. I have 2 maxed out pilots delivering crystal with all 3 complexes as their supplier and all SPP as their consumer. For some reason these pilots are on stand by even though my SPP's are out of crystal.

I was forced to assign CAG instead to the SPP's to buy the crytsal from the fabs.

Internal Logistics is not working. I am thinking maybe trying external instead. Any ideas anyone on to what is wrong?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 11:59

Chances are higher if you just follow the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] and post the question in the script/mod topic.

*merging because its an upside down day*

MFG

Ketraar

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 01:42

For some reason when I try to add a product to the Internal Logistics of a ship, the menu just loops around 'Add Product'... It lets me select which product I want added, but then goes back to 'Add Product..'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, also when I add a ware through the Ware Manager to my HQ and then limit it (to anything) it shows it as a 'ReadText...' thing... Only when I limit it to 0 does it show the name...

Help, please...

Oh, final question- Pilots will buy assigned wares from non-player stations, right? Cause currently I only have an HQ...
To each, his own.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 03:08

KillingMonkey wrote:For some reason when I try to add a product to the Internal Logistics of a ship, the menu just loops around 'Add Product'... It lets me select which product I want added, but then goes back to 'Add Product..'
This, at least, is common to all of Lucicke's trading scripts and is not a bug. You can add multiple wares in many of the menus, so after adding a ware it will take you back to the list in order to select another. If you're done, just select the option to continue (I don't remember what it's called).

That ReadText error indicates one of the text files isn't loaded. If you're not running the English or German versions, there may not be a text file for your language included in the script. You can get around this by renaming the text files. Look in the script download's "t" folder and make a note of all the filenames. They should all be something like "8888-L044". The "-L044" is a language code that tells the game that file is intended for the English version. Other languages will have other "-L0XX" codes. Here's the trick: if you remove the "-L0XX" part of the filename, then the game will load that file regardless of language, which would solve your problem if that's what happening. So, make backups of all the files you noted from the script download, then find those files in your actual game directory's "t" folder and remove the language code. They should just be named something like "8888" afterward. Now see if you still get ReadText errors.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 00:25

HotSake wrote:
KillingMonkey wrote:For some reason when I try to add a product to the Internal Logistics of a ship, the menu just loops around 'Add Product'... It lets me select which product I want added, but then goes back to 'Add Product..'
This, at least, is common to all of Lucicke's trading scripts and is not a bug. You can add multiple wares in many of the menus, so after adding a ware it will take you back to the list in order to select another. If you're done, just select the option to continue (I don't remember what it's called).

That ReadText error indicates one of the text files isn't loaded. If you're not running the English or German versions, there may not be a text file for your language included in the script. You can get around this by renaming the text files. Look in the script download's "t" folder and make a note of all the filenames. They should all be something like "8888-L044". The "-L044" is a language code that tells the game that file is intended for the English version. Other languages will have other "-L0XX" codes. Here's the trick: if you remove the "-L0XX" part of the filename, then the game will load that file regardless of language, which would solve your problem if that's what happening. So, make backups of all the files you noted from the script download, then find those files in your actual game directory's "t" folder and remove the language code. They should just be named something like "8888" afterward. Now see if you still get ReadText errors.
But it doesn't show any added wares... I've gone around the problem by using the external logistics (though there I encounter another problem)... But still- after I add the wanted ware, say Energy Cells, it doesn't show any Entries for Products and 'Add Ware' is the only option... That's what I mean as a loop...

Now, for the external Logi. problem...
Now, my HQ is setup in the Asteroid Belt, I used the Terran version and I've got a couple of Baldrics (I'm a patriot, what can I say...)

I've setup one of them to buy Energy Cells, two waypoints-

1. Buy Energy Cells at Average Price, Maximum Cargohold from the Solar Power Plant XL in Jupiter Sector.

2. Unload said Energy Cells, Maximum Cargohold at the HQ.

That worked like a charm and the Baldric set off like a worker bee..

Another Baldric, buying Rastar Oil from Nij also worked like a charm.

Third Baldric, for Cloth Rimes... Not so lucky... I used the same template as the previous two, but nothing...

Teladium-buying Baldric- Same as Rimes Baldric...

Ore Baldric... He's competent and strolled off to the nearest Mine to buy Ore...

Sooo.... What the hell am I doing wrong? Cause apparently the 'template' works... Just... Not always...
(From the X-Universe Section, thread.)
To each, his own.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 02:40

Would appreciate some help getting CLS1 to work, I'm obviously missing something fundamental but I've no idea what.

X3TC 3.1 (Steam) and BP 4.1.01 - no other scripts or mods.

What I'm trying to achieve:
Have built a small complex (called "IBL Feeder Complex") in Weavers Tempest consisting of 1x Ore mine L, 1x Space Fuel L & 1x Wheat Farm L

The idea is to ship in e-cells from a chip complex in Spring of Belief (that overproduces energy), produce space fuel and ore which then gets distributed to the 2 IBL Forges.

I have 2 Mercury Haulers with: CLS1&2, Best buy & sell, Fight cmd 1&2, Jump Drive, Nav cmd mk1, special cmd mk1, trade cmd mk1&2, trading system extension and transporter device.

Both pilots are Cargo Messenger and both have 10 fighter drones on board. Both ships are homebased to "IBL Feeder Complex".

In "Start Internal Commodity Logistics" I have added Space Fuel and Ore as homebase products, "Take trainings" is set to "no", "Trader Salary" is set to Station account and the station account has 1,000,000 credits

The Problem
In a nutshell - I am unable to select any suppliers (beyond the homebase) or consumers. No matter what sector I select I am taken immediately back to the add supplier/consumer prompt, with one exception - I can select one of my own ships (e.g. TL) as a consumer.

I can start the command but obviously without any consumers it just sits there "CLS on standby"

Am I going about this completely wrong? I was hoping to use CLS1 as a simple solution but clearly there's an issue with my set up.

For now I can set one Mercury as CLS2 to pick up the energy and the other as CAG to deliver but I was hoping to use the supply conditions to get more sophisticated about it.

EDIT:

Solution:
This question has been asked a couple of times in this topic but never really answered completely and the issue is that the instructions do not explicitly state what CLS1 is for. It is for Internal Logistics obviously but this means it can only deal with player owned stations/ships, so in my goal above it is not possible to use CLS1 to distribute goods to NPC stations in this way, CAG or CLS2 must be used instead.

The second issue for me was not realising that the CLS1 pilot will only deal with products (incl. intermediate products) but not resources of its homebase station. In my case above, energy was a resource so cannot add the other complex as a supplier. I changed the homebase to the other complex and deliver from there. CLS2 could also have been used here instead.

It seems to me that to get the most flexibility from a CLS1 freighter, setting the homebase to a Trading station or Equipment dock (or Xenon Hub or PHQ) is the best bet. you dont need the homebase as a supplier and can then add several "products" and supplier/consumers.

Cheers

Marv
Last edited by MarvinTheMartian on Tue, 2. Jul 13, 06:46, edited 2 times in total.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 03:54

Yes, CLS1 can only deal with player stations, and seems to work only if you base him/her at supplier stations (because you can only choose products). I have several silicon mines that are feeding a crystals complex, and I had to base my Internal Commodities trader at one of the mines. He'll pick up Silicon from both mines, but had to be based at a mine, not at the Crystals complex.

Shifting items from one station to another can also be done with External Commodity Logistics, and in that case it doesn't matter what the prices are or where the trader is based; you simply set up the waypoints in order and off it goes.

I too have a Space Fuel complex in the Yaki space, and what I have done is I've set up an External Commodity Logistics trader in a Chokaro TM to pick up the fuel and go sell it at the IBL forges as well as all the Pirate bases. The Chokaro TM ship has huge shields (compared to TS'es), and good enough cargo space for Space Fuel; thus it can afford to go into the more dangerous pirate spaces. Also, External Logistics lets you specify where to refuel energy (also in pirate space), so the trader will never be caught in an area where Space Fuel is illegal.

EarlHarewood
x3tc

Post by EarlHarewood » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 07:59

ooookay, hopefully this is the right thread to post this.
Something broke my CLS! honestly they've been working dilligently without fault for ages now but since i've switched off a couple factories because im doing the hub plot (saving crystals) they've been acting funny, even though within the game I have an almost identical setup working perfectly on other freighters.

From the top:
I have a SPP complex in akeela's and crystal complexes in antigone and ore belt. I use Internal Logistics freighters to carry ecells from my spp's to my crystal fabs using jumpdrives. (using JD's because otherwise it would a. take too long and b. drag them through pirate space)
I have 4 complexes in ore belt, 3 making crystals and the other one is just ore mines tied together which has been switched off. I have 6 mistral SF's delivering ecells to all of these complexes, i have other freighters delivering ecells to antigone, which has 2 c.fabs complex and 1 ore mine complex.

Lately the group of freighters in ore belt, have been trekking through pirate space to get home, so to figure out why this was happening i decided to hit the SETA and observe them.

What I have observed:
The freighters are loading up at homebase, jumping into the destination sector, docking at the destination complex, undocking and ignoring their jump fuel limit and instead choosing to deliver their remaining ecells to another complex in the same system without returning home, after which they proceed to fly home through pirate space.

What really boggles the mind is that I have a bunch of freighters doing the exact same job without problems in antigone, So I saved their settings and ported them over to the problem freighter group just changing the list of consumers and I'm still having the same issue. Also they don't do this behaviour all the time, but they all do it at the exact same time, so there has to be something common to them all that triggers it

Other stuff i've tried:
I spotted one of the problem freighters headed towards the 2nd complex with 800 ecells, knowing what was about to happen I restarted the Internal Logistics command. When the script rebooted it just made the same choice and started to head for the 2nd complex again.

What I did next was just use the vanilla command console; "fuel resupply (jumps)" setting to 50 and restarted the script, he jumped home, picked up ecells, came back, dropped them off, then started heading for 2nd complex yet again!!

Next I tried switching the pilots from ship to ship, reloading their settings and then restarting the script. Still happening! (lol i have a pilot called tomes cruise!!!! xD)

Since I have been writing this post they have now started working properly again so I have concluded this problem arises from the script itself and that it can't be the settings that I'm using as i've been using these for ages now and they've been working fine.
There is also the issue of the other freighters which are working in the other sector perfectly fine with the same exact ships/pilot levels/settings (except the consumers list).
What I believe is causing this is a conflict in the pilot's priorities possibly caused by there being stations shut down in their consumer list.
Internal Logisticians always fly to the complex/station which most needs their wares, but in this case there was a couple of factories desperately needing resources and I honestly cant tell whether it was this that caused the problem, or the problem that caused this. I can only suspect that this is where my problem lies.

Any help anybody could provide would be great, also if someone knows about modding etc (I really haven't the faintest and tbh I really don't wana try lol) and would like to have a look at this issue that would also be great!! Not sure what support is available for these scripts at this point in time.

If anybody wants more information on what I was using exactly (mods, settings etc) I will be more than happy to provide. Sorry for the long post, happy gaming everyone :)

EDIT:

Okay after much hair pulling and rage quitting i've finally discovered what was causing the problem, it was basically the hub causing the issue.
I'm not sure of the exact details with regards to what was going on in the script itself, but it's the only explanation left as the problem started occuring around the time I had linked the hub between Legend's home and Akeela's beacon. My SPP was nearest to the south gate in akeela's so that's the gate my CLS1's were using.
Somehow this confused them, maybe they thought the gate was out of range and that pushed the conservation of jump fuel right to the bottom of their priority list or something; that's my best guess.

RE-EDIT:
No that wasn't the problem, the bug is still occuring. Any help anybody could offer would be highly appreciated as this is completely ruining my game :(

RE-RE-EDIT:
I tried everything, turns out that it was the supply conditions, particularly the minimum Storage Space filled for supplier, if you set this too low for CLS1's delivering ecells they will cannibalise their jump fuel when their home base is empty or will be empty after the other CLS have gotten their share. Either way, i turned this setting up from 1% to 10% and my problem vanished, maybe some scripter might want to look into this :)

White Rat
x4

CLS Trade commands greyed out and unavailable

Post by White Rat » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 00:35

Hi guys,

Having some trouble getting the CLS commands to work, I had used them previously in X3 Reunion so I'm quite familiar with how they should work.

I downoaded and installed the bonus package X3TC 4.1.01 which added the CLS software to the equipment docks and made them available for purchase.

I installed them to a Mistral super freighter with all the necessary requirements (Nav command, Trade command etc.) and assigned the ship a homebase. But although the CLS commands appear in the trade menu, they are greyed out and I cannot activate them.

Can anyone help me to get this script working? I think the CLS offers a major benefit to the game.

Thanks in advance
David.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 00:38

*merged with CLS1 topic as per S&M forum rules*

The ship has to be docked at a station, so that a pilot can enter it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

runebj
x3tc

Post by runebj » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 18:37

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue with the internal logistics feature in TC (lastest version and latest bonus pack - no mods or unsigned scripts).

I have set up a complex producing Rastar Oil and I have assigned a TS with CLS and a pilot trained to Logistician to collect Rastar Oil from the complex and deliver it to a shield complex right next to it. However, the TS just sits there even if the shield complex runs out of Rastar Oil. The same thing happens for ore, the only difference being that I have two suppliers of ore and only the shield complex as a consumer.

I have used the same method to set up CLS' to deliver energy cells from my energy complex to both the ore mines, the Rastar complex and the shield complex and those TS' work just fine.

Using the Rastar Oil TS as an example I have the following settings (changed from default):

- Trader salary: Station account (the station has funds)
- Home base products: Rastar Oil (484 credits) (average)
- Supplier: Rastar complex (consists of 1 Rastar refinery and 1 Chelt Aquarium)
- Consumer: Shield complex (also has funds)
- Supply conditions: Freighter cargo bay (101%)

I've also noted that the TS keeps filling its cargo bay with Rastar Oil as it is being produced, but it never goes out to deliver.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

Edit:

I added one more consumer to my Ore CLS and it will now happily deliver ore to the other consumer, but not to my shield complex?!? Energy gets delivered to it though, but not ore or Rastar Oil...

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 20:53

runebj wrote:a shield complex right next to it
So that rules out any range issue but sounds like you could solve this with a complex construction kit ;)

Anyway, back to CLS1. I haven't seen a CLS1 ship store product like you are describing but have on a CLS2 ship. That is probably normal though so sounds like it might be the consumer conditions, what are those set to? Also worth trying the freighter cargo setting to something like 10% instead of 101% (I know it's meant to disable the condition but worth trying).

Only other thing, are you using the Rastar station's sell setting to determine the price charged or setting the product price in the CLS config? You can probably guess where I'm going with that, might be worth tweaking the station buy/sell prices to check it's not that.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

runebj
x3tc

Post by runebj » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 08:05

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, a complex construction kit would solve the issue of Rastar Oil, but not Ore. Besides, this is my "home sector" and I want to build several complexes and the idea was to have one complex for each type of resource or intermediate product to deliver this to each complex producing the end product.

Of course, I could put them all together in a giga-complex, but I would prefer to keep them separate.

Regarding CLS1/CLS2, the ships all have both installed, but the activated command is "Internal Logistics Service". All settings not mentioned in my previous post are set to the default values.

I did try to reduce the freighter cargo setting to 1% and 10%, but no change. The prices are untouched, so they are all set to average price (484 for Rastar Oil, both on the buying station and the selling station). I've tried to increase the price on the buying station by 1, but the ship still sits on stand by. I'll try some more tweeking with the prices, but again the energy delivery works just fine with default prices.

Goekhan
x4

Post by Goekhan » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 07:08

May I ask a question? I'm a little bit lost here.

About CLS, I fail to see the difference/necessity of CLS and CAG so far, maybe since I only use mines. One question that bugs my mind is, what is the difference between internal/external CLS?

If I'm to assume that, internal is based on one station, focused to distribute the products of it; meanwhile external is based on one "route", focused to do whatever you tell the pilot to? For example, you have an ECell complex going, am I to use internal CLS to distribute ECells among my other complexes? And likewise, if I have a lot of deliveries and pickups to make, I should use external CLS (in other words, building a "virtual" complex)?

If anyone can clear this out for me, they'll earn e-cookies :) Thank you.

(note: I asked the same question on CLS topics aswell. If you can, please reply a copy as a PM; if someone would like to enlighten me, I don't want to miss out on some "cruical" information)
Last edited by Goekhan on Thu, 22. Dec 11, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 14:07

@Goekhan
Was it really necessary to have three identical posts in three different topics? Next time please split your questions according to the threads they belong to.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 14:17

Goekhan wrote:May I ask a question? I'm a little bit lost here.

About CLS, I fail to see the difference/necessity of CLS and CAG so far, maybe since I only use mines. One question that bugs my mind is, what is the difference between internal/external CLS?

If I'm to assume that, internal is based on one station, focused to distribute the products of it; meanwhile external is based on one "route", focused to do whatever you tell the pilot to? For example, you have an ECell complex going, am I to use internal CLS to distribute ECells among my other complexes? And likewise, if I have a lot of deliveries and pickups to make, I should use external CLS (in other words, building a "virtual" complex)?
Going by what you wrote here it sounds like you already have a basic grasp of how it works. CLS becomes really really useful when you have lots of stations and ships. Its still useful with few assets but not as much.

In a nutshell CAG takes care of the factory its assigned to. It works from the inside out. It cant work for more than one factory. It buys/sells Products produced by the factory(complex) and or buys/sells intermediate products used to produce the products. Its a station "Tender"

CLS I&II work from the outside in. For example, and there are many more creative ones, I can have a CLS2 TS automatically supply my fleet with ECELLS or anything else I want by setting up waypoints. CAGS dont have waypoints.

With CLS1 I can have the TS act as a ferry for goods between stations/complexes. For example I have a Spacefuel distillery and in the same (or different) sector I have a wheat farm. I can assign a CLS1 TS to it and set up the distillery as a waypoint and supply it with wheat. So it effectively connects stations that may be several sectors apart or too far apart to connect to a complex hub. CLS1 is a complex tube, essentially.

Does that help?

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:31

im playing as the terrans in AP and as far as i can see the only place i can get the CLS is argon equipment docks, for various reasons not the least of which me destroying dozens of there ships *cough* its extremely unlikely ill be able to dock with there stations, so i was wondering, where elce can i find the software?

Goekhan
x4

Post by Goekhan » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:54

joelR wrote:
Goekhan wrote:May I ask a question? I'm a little bit lost here.

Going by what you wrote here it sounds like you already have a basic grasp of how it works. CLS becomes really really useful when you have lots of stations and ships. Its still useful with few assets but not as much.

In a nutshell CAG takes care of the factory its assigned to. It works from the inside out. It cant work for more than one factory. It buys/sells Products produced by the factory(complex) and or buys/sells intermediate products used to produce the products. Its a station "Tender"

CLS I&II work from the outside in. For example, and there are many more creative ones, I can have a CLS2 TS automatically supply my fleet with ECELLS or anything else I want by setting up waypoints. CAGS dont have waypoints.

With CLS1 I can have the TS act as a ferry for goods between stations/complexes. For example I have a Spacefuel distillery and in the same (or different) sector I have a wheat farm. I can assign a CLS1 TS to it and set up the distillery as a waypoint and supply it with wheat. So it effectively connects stations that may be several sectors apart or too far apart to connect to a complex hub. CLS1 is a complex tube, essentially.

Does that help?
Yep, thanks. For now, I'll stick to CAG. I'll try to understand CLS a bit deeper when I start constructing some more stations. I'll probably set up a CLS for "virtual" complex tube, and a CAG salesman on the last product station. CLS seems a bit restrictive when it comes to selling stuff to other stations, CAG seems to be more flexible.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 18:48

Problem!

I have an SPP, no matter what i do, my ships stay docked saying "CAG on standby"

Its full on chrystals, its full on e-cells, theres a buyer in the same sector, emty on e-cells and no, wont work...

Same with my missile complex, it has some of all products and resources, even missiles, by all ships on standby.

What im hoping to do: One ship buys supplies and sells products. I have multible ships. This way the factory wont be down if one supplier-ship gets blown to bits.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 23:23

First question would be, what script are you actually using? You posted in the CLS topic, but the message from your trader shows that he's running the CAG command.

In any way, as described in the first post CLS and CAG use a pilot system. The pilots start with a base rank and can only perform a small amount of tasks. With higher ranks the pilots can do more and more things. An Apprentice (the CAGs first level) can only buy resources, but not sell products or trade with intermediates.

If it's not a rank issue, then other general problems can be the cause. Check:
- the price and jumpdrive settings -> Can the trader buy/sell wares to the set price in the set jump distance?
- if enemy ships are in the current or the target sector -> If yes, the pilot doesn't leave the station. Installing fight command softwares Mk1 and Mk2 might help here.
- Changed settings -> In case you changed any of the CLS / CAG settings you might want to try restoring the default settings and restarting your pilot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”