[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1 (CLS1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 14:17

Goekhan wrote:May I ask a question? I'm a little bit lost here.

About CLS, I fail to see the difference/necessity of CLS and CAG so far, maybe since I only use mines. One question that bugs my mind is, what is the difference between internal/external CLS?

If I'm to assume that, internal is based on one station, focused to distribute the products of it; meanwhile external is based on one "route", focused to do whatever you tell the pilot to? For example, you have an ECell complex going, am I to use internal CLS to distribute ECells among my other complexes? And likewise, if I have a lot of deliveries and pickups to make, I should use external CLS (in other words, building a "virtual" complex)?
Going by what you wrote here it sounds like you already have a basic grasp of how it works. CLS becomes really really useful when you have lots of stations and ships. Its still useful with few assets but not as much.

In a nutshell CAG takes care of the factory its assigned to. It works from the inside out. It cant work for more than one factory. It buys/sells Products produced by the factory(complex) and or buys/sells intermediate products used to produce the products. Its a station "Tender"

CLS I&II work from the outside in. For example, and there are many more creative ones, I can have a CLS2 TS automatically supply my fleet with ECELLS or anything else I want by setting up waypoints. CAGS dont have waypoints.

With CLS1 I can have the TS act as a ferry for goods between stations/complexes. For example I have a Spacefuel distillery and in the same (or different) sector I have a wheat farm. I can assign a CLS1 TS to it and set up the distillery as a waypoint and supply it with wheat. So it effectively connects stations that may be several sectors apart or too far apart to connect to a complex hub. CLS1 is a complex tube, essentially.

Does that help?

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:31

im playing as the terrans in AP and as far as i can see the only place i can get the CLS is argon equipment docks, for various reasons not the least of which me destroying dozens of there ships *cough* its extremely unlikely ill be able to dock with there stations, so i was wondering, where elce can i find the software?

Goekhan
x4

Post by Goekhan » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:54

joelR wrote:
Goekhan wrote:May I ask a question? I'm a little bit lost here.

About CLS, I fail to see the difference/necessity of CLS and CAG so far, maybe since I only use mines. One question that bugs my mind is, what is the difference between internal/external CLS?

If I'm to assume that, internal is based on one station, focused to distribute the products of it; meanwhile external is based on one "route", focused to do whatever you tell the pilot to? For example, you have an ECell complex going, am I to use internal CLS to distribute ECells among my other complexes? And likewise, if I have a lot of deliveries and pickups to make, I should use external CLS (in other words, building a "virtual" complex)?
Going by what you wrote here it sounds like you already have a basic grasp of how it works. CLS becomes really really useful when you have lots of stations and ships. Its still useful with few assets but not as much.

In a nutshell CAG takes care of the factory its assigned to. It works from the inside out. It cant work for more than one factory. It buys/sells Products produced by the factory(complex) and or buys/sells intermediate products used to produce the products. Its a station "Tender"

CLS I&II work from the outside in. For example, and there are many more creative ones, I can have a CLS2 TS automatically supply my fleet with ECELLS or anything else I want by setting up waypoints. CAGS dont have waypoints.

With CLS1 I can have the TS act as a ferry for goods between stations/complexes. For example I have a Spacefuel distillery and in the same (or different) sector I have a wheat farm. I can assign a CLS1 TS to it and set up the distillery as a waypoint and supply it with wheat. So it effectively connects stations that may be several sectors apart or too far apart to connect to a complex hub. CLS1 is a complex tube, essentially.

Does that help?
Yep, thanks. For now, I'll stick to CAG. I'll try to understand CLS a bit deeper when I start constructing some more stations. I'll probably set up a CLS for "virtual" complex tube, and a CAG salesman on the last product station. CLS seems a bit restrictive when it comes to selling stuff to other stations, CAG seems to be more flexible.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 18:48

Problem!

I have an SPP, no matter what i do, my ships stay docked saying "CAG on standby"

Its full on chrystals, its full on e-cells, theres a buyer in the same sector, emty on e-cells and no, wont work...

Same with my missile complex, it has some of all products and resources, even missiles, by all ships on standby.

What im hoping to do: One ship buys supplies and sells products. I have multible ships. This way the factory wont be down if one supplier-ship gets blown to bits.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 23:23

First question would be, what script are you actually using? You posted in the CLS topic, but the message from your trader shows that he's running the CAG command.

In any way, as described in the first post CLS and CAG use a pilot system. The pilots start with a base rank and can only perform a small amount of tasks. With higher ranks the pilots can do more and more things. An Apprentice (the CAGs first level) can only buy resources, but not sell products or trade with intermediates.

If it's not a rank issue, then other general problems can be the cause. Check:
- the price and jumpdrive settings -> Can the trader buy/sell wares to the set price in the set jump distance?
- if enemy ships are in the current or the target sector -> If yes, the pilot doesn't leave the station. Installing fight command softwares Mk1 and Mk2 might help here.
- Changed settings -> In case you changed any of the CLS / CAG settings you might want to try restoring the default settings and restarting your pilot.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 23:53

Argh, too much three letter combinations, arent those two still related?

EDIT: i use the start cls thingy, yet it says "CAG" on standby. At first it did buy few meatsteaks to fill up my missile complex(wasp-fact&ore-mine) but it stopped before the resources were even at 50%. I dont mind "leveling" em for a while etc but i was hoping bit more out of em... Settings nearly default, added wares with my spp, think the missile complex ran without touching ware-list, cant remember.

One ship is enough to bring in all missile-materials and in my spp the one delivering the mats could sell some while not busy. Ships returning could also buy some mats on their way back...

Nemoricus
x3ap

Post by Nemoricus » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 04:13

I've been attempting to use the CLS1 to coordinate the supply of some of my farther flung factories and mines. However, there is an issue that has been keeping me from using it. Whenever I select the 'Suppliers and Consumers' option after 'Start Internal Logistics', it instead opens up the 'Homebase Products' menu.

I'm running the Steam version of X3:TC, at version 3.2 and set to automatically update. The Bonus Pack version is 4.1.0.1. I have verified the integrity of the game cache and that has not solved the problem. A search of the forum hasn't revealed any answers, either.

A friend of mine has the same problem, so it's not just something on my end. Is there a way that I can fix this? If not, can I update CLS with the unsigned versions, if a newer one than in the pack exists, without my game becoming *modified*.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 15:47

I've always wondered this about CLS and CAG. When you say a maxed out trader will dock and repair damage.. do you mean automatically? I've always found my CLS and CAGs sidding with an idle command in shipyards waiting for me to manually pay for their repairs. That's how it is supposed to work correct?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:37

Nemoricus wrote:I've been attempting to use the CLS1 to coordinate the supply of some of my farther flung factories and mines. However, there is an issue that has been keeping me from using it. Whenever I select the 'Suppliers and Consumers' option after 'Start Internal Logistics', it instead opens up the 'Homebase Products' menu.

I'm running the Steam version of X3:TC, at version 3.2 and set to automatically update. The Bonus Pack version is 4.1.0.1. I have verified the integrity of the game cache and that has not solved the problem. A search of the forum hasn't revealed any answers, either.

A friend of mine has the same problem, so it's not just something on my end. Is there a way that I can fix this? If not, can I update CLS with the unsigned versions, if a newer one than in the pack exists, without my game becoming *modified*.
I believe that's how CLS1 works. It can only deal with products at its home base. I would change its homebase to another station, if the original homebase does not have the product that I want to deliver.

Nemoricus
x3ap

Post by Nemoricus » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:56

This is not intended behavior. Per the first post:

Overview

This software supports the pilot in coordinating his internal production logistics. It will enable a pilot to collect orders from different consumers within your enterprise and coordinate them with chosen suppliers. Therefore, it is possible to deliver the products from several suppliers of a single resource to different consumers.

Homebase products

In this list you'll find all the products you can collect from suppliers and deliver to consumers.

Suppliers and Consumers

Here you can view and change the existing lists of suppliers and consumers. The order in which consumers are assigned does not matter -- the pilot will always visit consumers in order of urgency . However, suppliers are visited in the order in which they were assigned to the software. You can change the way in which suppliers are visited in the Supply conditions.
However, selecting Suppliers and Consumers does not give me options to change suppliers/consumers. It instead shows me the same screen as the Homebase products option. This makes it very near useless because I can't set factories to take resources from and deliver to other factories.

EDIT: Ah, I've found the solution. It turns out that you need to assign at least one ware before it will let you add suppliers and consumers.

MorbiusAu
x4

Post by MorbiusAu » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 16:48

A couple things i cant figure out with the CLS (for now), first i have a small complex making missiles and an equipment dock nearby that i will use to rearm/resupply a few ships, i set up the CLS to deliver missiles/energy fine, but when the EQD fills up once the pilot then just stops, Orders: None.
How do i set it up so he keeps checking the EQD is fully stocked all the time?

Second, the EQD has a pathetically small capacity so im going to try using a TL instead (which will be docked at the EQD) and just freight exchange with my combat ships that dock, so i can set the TL as a consumer and .. that all .. how do it tell the pilot which resources/supplies to move and how many of each ?

TIA

EDIT: Ok so it looks like i need to use CLS2 external logistics instead ? will have a play with that this afternoon, but why can you select a TL as a consumer with internal logistics then :\

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 07:00

can this be update/change to so that the software can be buy on any race equipment station?

i'm playing Terran in AP, how to get this software if it only avail on Argon station?

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 05:06

Sigh...

I like what the software accomplishes but just wanted to say that the training element really sucks. I find myself intentionally building self-insufficient stations/complexes just to create an environment where my pilots can gain in rank. Honestly, that's just not right. I shouldn't be penalized for building things efficiency from the ground-up.

It has the concept of training classes already, for them to increase in rank. If we could choose to buy that for them for an increasing amount of credits, that'd at least give some options...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 15:07

manual wrote:Hint:
If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 12:18

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
manual wrote:Hint:
If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
Or the option can just be added to force training of the pilots. =P

Employers pay for training of their employees all the time. Makes sense it'd be an option here, especially with the precedent already set that they get training to advance in rank.

Being able to go to a specific station to maybe chance upon a higher skilled pilot is a neat thing, but they're not mutually exclusive; the script could easily offer both options.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 19:41

Hi. I'm hoping you can help me with a problem that I have encuntered with this version of CLS now that I'm running it on Albion Prelude(the old "Reunion" version always worked a treat for me incidently).

Basically, the command is greyed out on my TS vessels after buying the software.

Now, on the old CLS that was usually because you hadn't set up parameters in the "Additional Ship Commands"(like consumers, ware(s), price etc.), but of course in THIS version, those "Additionals" aren't used, and it's all accessed(or should be able to be accessed) from the "Trade" command right off the bat, right?

So, if that's the case, why would the command be greyed out?

As I understand it, the requirments for CLS to be available are:

TS vessel, with...
Nav 1
CLS 1(and/or 2)....
...and Homebase set to a Factory...

...er, and that's it, isn't it?

Well, the command is still greyed out.

So did I miss anything? When you wrote the script, presumably you set conditions under which it would be greyed, rather than highlighted or simply missing.

No software = no command.
All requirements = available.

But...

??? = greyed.

So, what conditions, between totally absent from the menu, and ready to function, did you determine as those which grey it out?

Thanks for your time.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 19:43

The ship, which you want to give the CLS command the first time, has to be docked to a station, so a pilot can enter the ship.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 19:49

By jingo!

I'll bet that's it, yes. I was indeed trying to execute the command from space. :)

Thanks. I'll retest it now, with the ship docked at its homebase.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 19:59

Yayyy!!!

That worked. Thanks ever so much. It's gonna make my life a lot easier now. :)

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 4. May 12, 03:49

Is there a way to make these compatible with Jump Beacons in AP?

I have it set up to deliver goods from my a home based complex in Guiding Star, to jump and deliver goods to an equipment dock I have set up in Saturn, which is placed near a Jump beacon.

When it goes to deliver though, it jumps into Asteroid Belt. With AP and the warzones, this will not work for me, as I don't want to lose my ships to the Terrans, even though I"m nearly max rep rank with them.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”