[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 23:26

Hm. Ok, so I'm interested now, but confused:

I'm given to understand that MARS loads 7049 instead of 7047 when it detected CMOD4.

However, the xmls in the AWRM-CMOD patch are 7047 ...
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 23:34

true, I had that problem, two things you can do, if you have chanling installed you can load the 47 file then save it overwriting the 49 file or I think you can change the file in the mars configuration in game, I'm not sure on the second one, I only noticed it after I did the first option lol
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 00:50

MARS should default to nominal behaviour when CMOD is combined with AWRM which means the included 7047 files should be used. This auto-detection malarky just causes confusion for everyone when mods are merged (one of the reasons I held fire on supplying MARS files with AWRM).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 00:58

Sure, fair enough.

Guess I'll whip up my personal Changeling'd version and then copy it to 49 just to be double-plus-good sure :)

rey1

Post by rey1 » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 11:37

WOW..
That's an awesome one..
I'm currently on my way to download that..
Keep it up guys..
~ As a teacher of Greek I gave the intellectual man weapons against the common man. I now want to give the common man weapons against the intellectual man~
~ George Bernard Shaw

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 00:22

Btw, what's the correct order of fake patches viz. SRM-AWRM-CMOD? I don't think I see it anywhere.

Also, are the missile values in the CMOD patch based on the default CMOD or the MARS-oriented optional extra?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 02:43

creidiki wrote:Btw, what's the correct order of fake patches viz. SRM-AWRM-CMOD? I don't think I see it anywhere.

Also, are the missile values in the CMOD patch based on the default CMOD or the MARS-oriented optional extra?
First AWRM is not a fake patch in the same sense as CMOD/SRM... they are in the clear so order is irrelevant (AWRM will always take precedence over CAT based fake patches). This has already been mentioned numerous times in various places and should be obvious from my release notes over on TXU (mentioned and linked to in my OP) where there are also installation instructions.

Before we get into a debate over the pros and cons of this deployment format... it will not change any time in the near future.

As has been stated several times in this thread already (and the release notes), the patch is for baseline CMOD4 only (no optional add-on packs). This will not change anytime in the near future.

Perhaps when I have the first merge release of Changeling implemented I will reconsider my position on the CMOD Patch and the deployment format.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sat, 9. Jul 11, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 02:48

Oh, I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I was just wondering.

Thanks for taking the time to answer (and mod) man, I'm a big fan of your work on TC :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 02:58

creidiki wrote:Oh, I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I was just wondering.
Not a problem, just wanted to make my position crystal clear before any discussion on it starts ;)
creidiki wrote:Thanks for taking the time to answer (and mod) man, I'm a big fan of your work on TC :)
Your welcome, and thanks for your support. Although I mod primarily for my personal enjoyment of my modded game, to have my work liked and appreciated by others is a nice added bonus :)

HCGxKaLiBeR

Post by HCGxKaLiBeR » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 21:59

Hi, I was trying to download this mod, but somehow the webpage countdown timer just keep refreashing. The download screen never poped up.

And I couldn't find the file in the google storage link u posted.

Could you put the AWRM in the storage also? thx
# CPU brand: Phenomx4 II 965 3.81GHz (OC)
# Motherboard: ASUS M4N98TD EVO
# Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1333
# Video card: MSI Twin Frozr II OC GeForce GTX 570 (SLI)
# Power supply:CORSAIR HX Series 1000W
# Operating system: Windows 7 Home 64-Bit

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 17:49

Just testfired the Enhanced MaM and noticed the power drain on the laser system is fairly high. A single shot is drawing like 1% from the Springblossom.
A valley from 8 EnMaM draws like 8%.
According to description it draws like 1/s but from performance its more like 200/s.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 9. Sep 11, 20:56

Donziboy2 wrote:Just testfired the Enhanced MaM and noticed the power drain on the laser system is fairly high. A single shot is drawing like 1% from the Springblossom.
A valley from 8 EnMaM draws like 8%.
According to description it draws like 1/s but from performance its more like 200/s.
That is a known discrepency between the in-game encyclopedia and actual game performance. It applies to ALL ammo based weapons and is a game engine bug. The behaviour is as intended.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 9. Sep 11, 21:46

HCGxKaLiBeR wrote:Hi, I was trying to download this mod, but somehow the webpage countdown timer just keep refreashing. The download screen never poped up.

And I couldn't find the file in the google storage link u posted.

Could you put the AWRM in the storage also? thx
They were already uploaded it was just the shared setting that was missing. Should now be fixed.

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 00:49

Ok, was just wondering since one of the main selling points of ammo based guns was the low energy draw.

On another matter.

One.... Advanced Firestorm Torpedo's..... OMFG xenon P fired like half his cargo bay at me in a 5 minute skirmish. Whats the best Terran antimissile lazer btw? emp/shockwave dont cut it to well.

When an M6 can fire 8 x 1m damage missiles it kinda defeats the point of M8's and Missile Frigates.

Second... Any chance of you updating the Missile Frigates and Bombers with a few more missile types. I have never understood why they created a Missile Specific set of classes and then limited them to 1 or 2 missile types.

Thanks for all the hard work, this mod adds a new dimension and more challenge to the game.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 20:12

Donziboy2 wrote:Ok, was just wondering since one of the main selling points of ammo based guns was the low energy draw.
See this post and this post for a bit more information on the balance of ammo based weapons in this mod.
Donziboy2 wrote:One.... Advanced Firestorm Torpedo's..... OMFG xenon P fired like half his cargo bay at me in a 5 minute skirmish. Whats the best Terran antimissile lazer btw? emp/shockwave dont cut it to well.
Try the added AWRM lasers such as the EWG, Prototype FBC, PPBC, EPPC, CPBC, or ANC. All are on sale from the Spirit Industries HQ.
Donziboy2 wrote:When an M6 can fire 8 x 1m damage missiles it kinda defeats the point of M8's and Missile Frigates.
It is strongly recommended that you use EES with AWRM, with the default EES configuration distributed with AWRM you should find that the AI should not be spawning with missiles such as the Enh/Adv Firestorm. M8s and M7Ms are still usefull tools since the AWRM Enh/Adv missiles are less efficient in cargo space and can not be manufactured by the player without other scripts/mods.

EDIT: Also it is worth bearing in mind that M6s do not have the missile barrage command like M8s and M7Ms have.

The Enh/Adv Firestorm and the Vanguard Aldrin/Earth missiles are really intended for players who yearn to blow up planets... these are the closest things to that... they blow up fleets of ships quite nicely... the Vanguard Aldrin is the biggest bomb with it's c. 20km minimum safe distance. Closer than that and expect yourself and everyone near you to go BOOM!
Donziboy2 wrote:Second... Any chance of you updating the Missile Frigates and Bombers with a few more missile types. I have never understood why they created a Missile Specific set of classes and then limited them to 1 or 2 missile types.
I am sorry, but the feature list is now frozen for the forseeable future.

EDIT: Updating ships to use other types of missile is also out of scope of this mod. Cadius's Xtra Ship/Station Pack or Paul's SRM might be a better place to make such requests (assuming you mean letting M8s use Firestorms for instance).
Donziboy2 wrote:Thanks for all the hard work, this mod adds a new dimension and more challenge to the game.
Your welcome :)

SevenZero

Post by SevenZero » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 03:51

Too many mods and script to begin with, I will try your script and the others you recommended.... Thanks

SevenZero

Post by SevenZero » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 03:52

I will try this script with X-tra ship/station script... Thanks

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 15:45

Hi there, i currently have a game with SRM+CMOD4

I would just like to double check if i install this i will not need to start a new game?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:17

Technically correct, there is no real reason why this mod can not be added to an existing game.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:25

Also how do the weapons compare to SRM/CMOD 4's balance? seeing CMOD adds a few terran weps, And does it add these new weps to compatbility of the SRM ships automaticialy?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”