[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thorbin
x3tc

Company wares menus blank

Post by Thorbin » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 05:19

I reinstalled X3TC recently, and updated to the latest patch (2.7.1). I started a new Terran Defender game, with Cadius' mod running. I docked at a station in Neptune and received a message from the company. When I agreed, the based menu of the company wares popped up, but all of the category menus were completely blank. Everything else about the script seems to be functioning properly (new weapon options listed for Terran ships according to type, messages working as they should). :?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 09:13

That sounds weird, if you are getting the text for the other strings ok then the catagories should be fine too as they all come from the same file and number range. Will have a look at it later today. In the mean time, You might want to try reinstalling the AWRM mod and see if that resolves it.

EDIT: On second thoughts (after a quick check myself), and re-reading your post I think there is a simpler answer...

The shop script is working as designed... the menus will only be populated with stuff if you:-
  • (a) Have suitable cargo capacity/size for the items
    (b) Have sufficient cash
The odds are that you simply do not have the cash/cargo space.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Thorbin
x3tc

Post by Thorbin » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 01:52

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:That sounds weird, if you are getting the text for the other strings ok then the catagories should be fine too as they all come from the same file and number range. Will have a look at it later today. In the mean time, You might want to try reinstalling the AWRM mod and see if that resolves it.

EDIT: On second thoughts (after a quick check myself), and re-reading your post I think there is a simpler answer...

The shop script is working as designed... the menus will only be populated with stuff if you:-
  • (a) Have suitable cargo capacity/size for the items
    (b) Have sufficient cash
The odds are that you simply do not have the cash/cargo space.
Correct in both cases...I docked to the Neptune station soon after starting a brand new game. Needless to say my pilot has little cash to date. What amount of cash will I need before I can expect to see shop items appear in the menu(s)?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 08:09

The APE sells for <80.7K (Check the TXU wiki for the this and the other non-vanilla weapons), but I think some of the missiles are cheaper than that (the rare missiles are sold for 50% over the top of their maximum market value). There are some items that cost over 1,000,000,000 Cr and many items at prices in between.

Basically, currently it will not offer you items that you can not carry/afford. In the light of this confusion, I will consider adding the unobtainable items to a separate section under each catagory rather than a complete ommision like it currently does.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 10:07

I'm using this mod with RRF, where the RRF ships are coming out stacked with full sets of Advanced SSC/MAML and so on.

Terran xenophobia + awesome weapons technology = pummeling the sh*t out of the rest of the commonwealth, YAY!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 10:09

Patholos wrote:I'm using this mod with RRF, where the RRF ships are coming out stacked with full sets of Advanced SSC/MAML and so on.

Terran xenophobia + awesome weapons technology = pummeling the sh*t out of the rest of the commonwealth, YAY!
I suppose the Terrans are the new Kha'ak in your game :twisted: :roll:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 01:23

OOPS - Overwritten old post :oops:
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Mon, 13. Sep 10, 04:13, edited 2 times in total.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 14:14

how can i upgrade from an earlier version wthout ruining the game?
also is it possible to alter the damages done by your weapons using the x 3 editor without breaking the game?i want to minimise all the capital weapons by at least 25% in order to sustain longer battles.

Wing2137
xr

Post by Wing2137 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 10:28

Hello. I tried out this mod and I have to say, I am very pleased with NPC performance in Terran Ships now. PSP's are now useful to them and not only the player, considering only the player can charge them.

There is one particular issue however. It's more a matter of taste.

I use the CMOD3 Mod as well with this, and upon installing the AWRM Mod, my sound effects for Terran Weapons have changed. I tried starting a new game and installing the CMOD 3 last, but to no avail.

The mods seem to function perfectly together however, and all other effects are unchanged. It's simply a matter of the actual sound effects.

I very much prefer the sound effects for the Terran weapons in the CMOD3, especially the ones for the Matter/Anti-Matter Launchers and PSP's.

Here is a link to how they sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkgfWBzXLUA <---- M/A-M Launchers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdiosTabwE <---- PSP's

Is there a way to change the sound files specifically back to the CMOD 3 ones?

I tried looking at the install package for AWRM that came from the ZIP file, and I honestly have no idea what I am doing... =/

I understand you stated you have no intention to merge this mod with the CMOD3 itself at the moment. All I'm asking is if it's possible to just change the sound effects back to CMOD3 at this time. If it's easy to do, and you can tell me where to look and what to replace, I will try it myself. If this is much more complicated than I am thinking at the moment, then I will patiently wait for a possible merge in the future. Thanks for a reply in advance. I really do enjoy this mod, I'd just like the old CMOD3 sound effects for the Terrans is all.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 12:54

SPeaking of CMod3, any chance for CMod3 compatibile & ballanced version? Please, please, please :roll:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 20:51

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I am already allowing the integration of my mod with other mods so if the CMOD3 wishes to integrate my weapons and adjust them accordingly that is down to the CMOD3 authors.
I do not use CMOD3 myself and the two will conflict because both modify TLasers/TBullets files... So as it stands you will either get my extra weapons or the CMOD3 balance and effects.

It should be possible to do an end-user merge, by taking the last few entries of my mods TLasers/TBullets files and appending them to the CMOD3 TLasers/TBullets files.

If someone provides me with CMOD3 balanced stats, then and only then will I even consider releasing a CMOD3 compatability patch. If the balance mapping is simple I will even try to keep the CMOD3 compatability patch up to date. For now though, nothing is going to happen until someone provides me with the CMOD3 balanced stats.

Either way, my intention is to keep my mod in-line with Vanilla and have no intention of personally maintaining more than one version of the mod. I simply do not have the personal time to do so.

[EDIT]Forgot to mention TBullets originally... now corrected[/EDIT]
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 11:08

If someone provides me with CMOD3 balanced stats, then and only then will I even consider releasing a CMOD3 compatability patch. If the balance mapping is simple I will even try to keep the CMOD3 compatability patch up to date. For now though, nothing is going to happen until someone provides me with the CMOD3 balanced stats.
Damn. I have the CMOD3 ballance stats on my PC but...it's 400 miles away from me. I might have them on my emergency backup DVDs, so I try to find them ASAP.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:01

mr.WHO wrote:
Damn. I have the CMOD3 ballance stats on my PC but...it's 400 miles away from me. I might have them on my emergency backup DVDs, so I try to find them ASAP.
I do mean CMOD3 balance for the AWRM weapons so I can take the CMOD3 TLasers/TBullets files and append the AWRM weapons with appropriatly balanced stats... not just the CMOD3 weapon stats... I could dig those out myself ;)

[EDIT]Forgot to mention TBullets originally... now corrected[/EDIT]
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:48

unknown1 wrote:how can i upgrade from an earlier version wthout ruining the game?
also is it possible to alter the damages done by your weapons using the x 3 editor without breaking the game?i want to minimise all the capital weapons by at least 25% in order to sustain longer battles.
Sorry about the delay in answering your question...

Apart from some of the really early versions of the mod (where I was fine tuning the MD part), upgrading to the latest version should be a simple matter of installing the new version over the top of the old one.

If using the SPK version you may need to be a little cautious about backing up your save files, but it should work with saves using older versions of the mod (it should automatically upgrade the save for you).

WRT customising the weapons, just use XEditor 3 to edit the TBullets and TLasers files as you want after installing the mod. Should not break the game but it will alter the balance so be carefull what you wish for... :wink:

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 21:50

Are you planning on adding some kind of HQ for this cooporation? Because the way you have to purchase the weapons can get quite annoying. :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 04:01

Topcross wrote:Are you planning on adding some kind of HQ for this cooporation? Because the way you have to purchase the weapons can get quite annoying. :)
No, but I have been considering implementing a different way of accessing the shop (perhaps extended ship/station command... not sure yet)

Botpwned
x3tc

Re: Huh?

Post by Botpwned » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 11:42

StarCrack wrote:mars uses a text file "7046-L044" for weapon swaping was just wunndering if any one had updated one to add you new guns
Hm I always thought that o wait no I get it...I totally agree with ya I will see if I can't get it working....Always liked mars....shouldn't be too hard just need to let it recognize the new guns. ( which means adding in the laser values woot!)

Btw Roger I always thought that Cycrow's Plugin manager merges t files....

EDIT: StarCrack if you want the text file to make it work with AWRM pm me and i will send it your way
Last edited by Botpwned on Sat, 11. Sep 10, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
If your best is not good enough why even try?
SEE THIS, SEE THIS!!! YOU BEEN TROLLED!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:00

Is there a way to rebalance this to the same as Naval Shuffle? Mainly cos I grabbed the APE (Terran IRE) and it was about 1/4 the power of a normal IRE. Very surprising when most Terran weapons are usually twice the power of equivalent Comm weapons.

Must admit that was during my first foray into the game and there may have been Tfiles conflicts.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Botpwned
x3tc

Post by Botpwned » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:06

well you could modify the properties yourself to make them exactly the same as the commonwealth ones if you want :P
If your best is not good enough why even try?
SEE THIS, SEE THIS!!! YOU BEEN TROLLED!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:54

Bleh that's not the issue. I can and have done that. I was just reporting that it maybe something that needs checking, or I may have had a TLasers override his one before I knew what TLasers was!
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”