[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 23:52

su27 wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Yes... Install EES and customise the configuration using Changeling.

That will not affect ships spawned using vanilla methods though. but will affect at least Jobs and missions.
So, will it stop equipping every K spawning in the universe with advanced weapons and blowing my new shiny Osaka to dust? :)
What exactly should I change in Changeling?
With default EES settings as included with AWRM
  • The best AWRM weapons that the Xenon and Pirates will get are the Commonwealth Prototype weapons.
  • The Kha'ak get the full monty of their options
  • No AI faction get Vanguard Aldrin/Earth missiles
With regards to what you should change in Changeling, the Races tree contains all the Race priority lists.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 04:11

This isn't currently on google docs and TXU is down :(

Any chance of an upload somewhere else? Really want to get this and the extra starts installed!

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 04:27

heres a temp link for now, they should be the recent ones, I only downloaded them two days ago....

https://cid-a5409bfdeb35c649.office.liv ... spx/Public
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 05:18

garrry34 wrote:heres a temp link for now, they should be the recent ones, I only downloaded them two days ago....

https://cid-a5409bfdeb35c649.office.liv ... spx/Public
Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sat, 11. Jun 11, 23:04

Does someone have a patch to make this work properly with MARS and MEFOS respectively?

Also, is there a complete list of added weapons and such I could look at before installing?

Thanks a lot.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 01:26

Feloidea wrote:Does someone have a patch to make this work properly with MARS and MEFOS respectively?
MEFOS does not require a patch, you just need to ensure you have the latest version (which is only available as part of Lucike's Collection as per the link in the first post). With regards to MARS, it should be compatible with the pre-OOS rebalance version as-is.
Feloidea wrote:Also, is there a complete list of added weapons and such I could look at before installing?
There is a near enough complete list on the TXU wiki site (it is only missing specifics of some weapons which are not normally available to the player - Kha'ak/Xenon extra weapons).

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 01:53

Transient Energy wrote:This isn't currently on google docs and TXU is down :(

Any chance of an upload somewhere else? Really want to get this and the extra starts installed!
The Google repository has been updated now, but hopefully TXU will be back up and running soon.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:37

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Feloidea wrote:Does someone have a patch to make this work properly with MARS and MEFOS respectively?
MEFOS does not require a patch, you just need to ensure you have the latest version (which is only available as part of Lucike's Collection as per the link in the first post). With regards to MARS, it should be compatible with the pre-OOS rebalance version as-is.
Feloidea wrote:Also, is there a complete list of added weapons and such I could look at before installing?
There is a near enough complete list on the TXU wiki site (it is only missing specifics of some weapons which are not normally available to the player - Kha'ak/Xenon extra weapons).
Aya, thank you.

Is there a possibility to produce those weapons for oneself?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:54

Feloidea wrote:Is there a possibility to produce those weapons for oneself?
Not out of the box, but Logain Industries Production Modules (linked to in the first post) may do what you want.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 25. Jun 11, 23:19

Unknown Sector (16,0)
Xenon Sector 596 (19,0)

what other sectors have you enabled invincible stations in?

I'm using STO and only found out about the "STO blocked sectors" after I couldn't destroy the Xenon stations in Xenon Sector 596

I used a cheat to destroy the stations so I could setup my trade station but this causes a problem in game then as the scripts or MD files keep trying to recreate ships/stations and STO keep removing them causing massive slow down in game due to the mega loop of create/destroy going on :S

Anyway to the point, could you update the 1st post with a list of sectors changed/used by the scripts/md files and stick a big red warning text on it also so others don't try doing what I did, it would be very much appreciated. :)

cool mod btw, thanks in advance :)

Argo.
Last edited by Argonaught. on Mon, 27. Jun 11, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 03:13

Argonaught. wrote:Anyway to the point, could you update the 1st post with a list of sectors changed/used by the scripts/md files and stick a big red warning text on it also so others don't try doing what I did, it would be very much appreciated. :)
Posted in Yellow for contrast reasons but done ;)
Argonaught. wrote:cool mod btw, thanks in advance :)
thanks and yvw :)

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 14:37

Mucho thanks :)

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

mrlamppost
x3tc

Post by mrlamppost » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 07:51

hey! quick check before i dl, does the cmod compatability work with cmod 4.13

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 18:32

mrlamppost wrote:hey! quick check before i dl, does the cmod compatability work with cmod 4.13
Technically, it should but it is out of date (currently 4.11b compatable). I will be releasing an updated patch hopefully later today.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 12:07

Oops... clobbered old post :oops:
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Wed, 14. Mar 12, 10:05, edited 2 times in total.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 23:26

Hm. Ok, so I'm interested now, but confused:

I'm given to understand that MARS loads 7049 instead of 7047 when it detected CMOD4.

However, the xmls in the AWRM-CMOD patch are 7047 ...
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 23:34

true, I had that problem, two things you can do, if you have chanling installed you can load the 47 file then save it overwriting the 49 file or I think you can change the file in the mars configuration in game, I'm not sure on the second one, I only noticed it after I did the first option lol
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 00:50

MARS should default to nominal behaviour when CMOD is combined with AWRM which means the included 7047 files should be used. This auto-detection malarky just causes confusion for everyone when mods are merged (one of the reasons I held fire on supplying MARS files with AWRM).

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 00:58

Sure, fair enough.

Guess I'll whip up my personal Changeling'd version and then copy it to 49 just to be double-plus-good sure :)
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

rey1

Post by rey1 » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 11:37

WOW..
That's an awesome one..
I'm currently on my way to download that..
Keep it up guys..
~ As a teacher of Greek I gave the intellectual man weapons against the common man. I now want to give the common man weapons against the intellectual man~
~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”