[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 27. May 11, 00:26

Status Update
Formal release of AWRM v0.31 and CMOD Patch R11!

Changes include:-
  1. Global AWRM Balance Changes
    1. PNC weapons replaced with Phased Particle Beam Cannon (beam version of PNC but with half the damage)
    2. Bullet models updated for CPBC and EPBC type weapons
    3. New missile visuals for Vanguard series missiles (initial view looks like missile is invisible but zoom out a bit and the missile is seen)
  2. CMOD-Only AWRM Balance Changes
    1. Rebalanced Prototype FBC to quarter it's refire rate (rate of damage/energy consumption unchanged)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

HunZolka
x4

Terran Repair Laser

Post by HunZolka » Sat, 28. May 11, 18:57

Hi,

I couldn't find any topic about this specific issue, so i made a new one. I just reinstalled the game, and installed a bunch of mods, scripts and stuff i found here. Im not sure, but I belive that the

Terran Repair Laser

got in the game with the AWRM mod. My question is, how can I use it once its installed on a ship that can equip it.

Does it use some material? At the weapon charge/ammo counter it displays '0' when equipped, like it's missing the munition.

Can anyone help me with that? thx

edit:
I realised that if I have hull platings in the cargo bay, it counts as ammo for the laser, but i just tried to use it and nothing happens when I press the fire button, except for a sound of rapid fire, and reduce of 'ammo'. It does not repair the target ship.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 28. May 11, 19:58

You should really have posted this question in the AWRM thread :roll:, but I will answer it here. ;)

Yes it does require ammo (Hull Plating), and if you check the in-game Encyclopedia entry for it you will note the information there as well.

EDIT: I have just tested it in-game and the Terran Repair Laser works...

However, the bullet really needs to be changed (will look into it for the next release of AWRM) and the energy drain is quite high. The Baldric Super Freighter can not fire the laser continuously as it's power generator only provides about 5% of the power needed for 1 Terran Repair Laser.

As per design intent, the Terran Repair Laser is best suited to use on a TL/M6/M7/M1/M2.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

HunZolka
x4

Post by HunZolka » Sat, 28. May 11, 21:59

hi,

i didn't post it in the AWRM topic because i wasnt sure if its an AWRM or an other mod's creation.

I tried the repair laser again, it worked fine on the M2 class ship i repaired, but when first i tried on a split M3 class ship, it did not repair it.

Can it only repair big ships and stations?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 28. May 11, 22:37

There is nothing to make it "explicitly" not work on smaller ships but the bullet speed is currently very high. Depending on how collision detection is done for bullets that could mean that on lower performance machines it will just pass through smaller ships.

I am in the process of doing some changes to the Terran Repair Laser so watch the AWRM thread for the forthcoming update which will attempt to address these issues.

{Merged. :) jlehtone}

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 28. May 11, 23:43

Status Update
Information regarding pending release of AWRM v0.32 and CMOD Patch R12!

Changes will include:-
    1. General update to Terran Repair Laser (repair cost/energy efficiency unchanged - currently balanced at 4480 Cr per 1000 hull)
Also considering replacement of the Prototype PSP as per discussion here (to be confirmed)

[PPGA] EnDeR
x3tc

Post by [PPGA] EnDeR » Sun, 29. May 11, 02:36

when i try to install this with the plugin manager i get this error message :

These files failed to install
PluginManager/Graphics/awrm-256.png

any idea what could be causing this? The last time I installed this mod I had no problems with it.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 29. May 11, 10:42

[PPGA] EnDeR wrote:when i try to install this with the plugin manager i get this error message :

These files failed to install
PluginManager/Graphics/awrm-256.png

any idea what could be causing this? The last time I installed this mod I had no problems with it.
The file is unimportant to the mod, but I would raise it in the Plugin Manager thread.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 31. May 11, 04:25

Status Update
Formal release of AWRM v0.32 and CMOD Patch R12!

Changes include:-
    1. General update to Terran Repair Laser (repair cost/energy efficiency unchanged - currently balanced at 4480 Cr per 1000 hull)
    2. Prototype PSP changed to be double range, quadruple bullet speed, normal refire rate, 5 times energy consumption, double charge time
  2. Vanilla AWRM Balance Changes
    1. Enh IRE/PAC/HEPT changed from S ware size to M
    2. Adv IRE/PAC/HEPT changed from S ware size to L
  3. CMOD AWRM Balance Changes
    1. Exp/Enh/Pro/Adv PSP brought into line with CMOD PSP

bigo

Advanced Firestorm Torpedo Spamming

Post by bigo » Tue, 31. May 11, 14:56

I've been playing X3:TC for a while but I've noticed something strange when using this mod in conjunction with Race Response Fleets. I have a lot of other stuff installed so the problem could be elsewhere. I recently reinstalled and brought everything up-to-date and the problem still persists.

Anyway, ships created by RRF seem to have an endless supply of Advanced Firestorm Torpedoes which they use with reckless abandon, including firing them at M5s.

I've lost count of the number of times I've died from accidentally shooting one while in pursuit of their target or simply died randomly from being close to one when it detonated. In an earlier game I went so far as to reduce their blast radius to a trivial amount just because I got tired of dying so regularly.

I know that this is possibly an RRF issue and not an AWRM one, but if you have any advice or comments I would appreciate it.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 31. May 11, 16:31

The issue with equipment and RRF, IR, and the like is an interesting one.

The simple answer is to modify them to use EES (CWP does not include the same level of control) or something similar.

Basically you replace MCSI calls that equip the ship with calls to one of the following EES scripts as appropriate:-
  • jobs.loadout
    jobs.loadout.max
    Lib.EES.EquipShip

bigo

Post by bigo » Tue, 31. May 11, 17:38

Thanks for the advice. Suppose it's time to do some digging.

Once I get this straightened out I'll probably post a new SPK or at least the changes I've had to make in the RRF thread.

su27

Post by su27 » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 22:02

Is there a way to make NPCs to not use AWRM weapons? :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 22:46

su27 wrote:Is there a way to make NPCs to not use AWRM weapons? :)
Yes... Install EES and customise the configuration using Changeling.

That will not affect ships spawned using vanilla methods though. but will affect at least Jobs and missions.

su27

Post by su27 » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 23:29

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Yes... Install EES and customise the configuration using Changeling.

That will not affect ships spawned using vanilla methods though. but will affect at least Jobs and missions.
So, will it stop equipping every K spawning in the universe with advanced weapons and blowing my new shiny Osaka to dust?* :)
What exactly should I change in Changeling?

*I was soooo angry... Vanilla Osaka could take 3 K's one after one. After loong completing weapons for my AWRM Osaka I found it was blown in seconds by a K armed to teeth with Advanced EBC... I'm still angry :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 23:52

su27 wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Yes... Install EES and customise the configuration using Changeling.

So, will it stop equipping every K spawning in the universe with advanced weapons and blowing my new shiny Osaka to dust? :)
What exactly should I change in Changeling?
With default EES settings as included with AWRM
  • The best AWRM weapons that the Xenon and Pirates will get are the Commonwealth Prototype weapons.
  • The Kha'ak get the full monty of their options
  • No AI faction get Vanguard Aldrin/Earth missiles
With regards to what you should change in Changeling, the Races tree contains all the Race priority lists.

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 04:11

This isn't currently on google docs and TXU is down :(

Any chance of an upload somewhere else? Really want to get this and the extra starts installed!

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 04:27

heres a temp link for now, they should be the recent ones, I only downloaded them two days ago....

https://cid-a5409bfdeb35c649.office.liv ... spx/Public
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 05:18

garrry34 wrote:heres a temp link for now, they should be the recent ones, I only downloaded them two days ago....

https://cid-a5409bfdeb35c649.office.liv ... spx/Public
Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sat, 11. Jun 11, 23:04

Does someone have a patch to make this work properly with MARS and MEFOS respectively?

Also, is there a complete list of added weapons and such I could look at before installing?

Thanks a lot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”