[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SevenZero

Post by SevenZero » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 03:51

Too many mods and script to begin with, I will try your script and the others you recommended.... Thanks

SevenZero

Post by SevenZero » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 03:52

I will try this script with X-tra ship/station script... Thanks

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 15:45

Hi there, i currently have a game with SRM+CMOD4

I would just like to double check if i install this i will not need to start a new game?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:17

Technically correct, there is no real reason why this mod can not be added to an existing game.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:25

Also how do the weapons compare to SRM/CMOD 4's balance? seeing CMOD adds a few terran weps, And does it add these new weps to compatbility of the SRM ships automaticialy?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 18:43

Nemesis_87 wrote:Also how do the weapons compare to CMOD 4's balance? seeing CMOD adds a few terran weps, And does it add these new weps to compatbility of the SRM ships automaticialy?
The answer is both complicated and simple.

The baseline AWRM Mod has been balanced versus Vanilla and in general adds more powerful versions of existing weapons (e.g. if a ship can mount a PPC then it can mount Enh./Adv. PPC providing it can carry them). With specific regards to the Terrans, the new weapon types reuse either the EMPC mount (i.e. ANC, PPBC, EPBC, CPBC) or the SSC mount (i.e. EWG, Pro. FBC).

The CMOD patch for AWRM rebalances the additional AWRM weapons against the CMOD baseline. It is worth noting that the patch is currently for CMOD v4.13 and may require some tweaking for the latest version of CMOD.

The only real changes to the CMOD baseline are with specific regard to beam style weapons which have their beam duration matched to their refire rate so as to guarantee the same weapon performance in both Player and AI hands. I do the same with the vanilla beam weapons in the vanilla balanced version.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 18:57

cheers for the reply, i might have a look at this

SevenZero

Post by SevenZero » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 00:49

wow! so awesome... you scriptwriters must have lots of time to work on such things. I give you credits and all but do not forget that there are more outside the box...lol

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 07:17

MarkHill256 wrote:the download doesn't seem to be working with my pc.. what am i doing wrong? :?
It seems that TXU have altered the policy for their download section so that you need to be logged in with a TXU account first. The google docs area (referred to in the downloads section of the first post of this thread) contains the same version.

calmterror
x3tc

Post by calmterror » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 10:47

is AWRM going to be updated for X3-AP?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 03:36

calmterror wrote:is AWRM going to be updated for X3-AP?
Not had a chance to assess the necessary changes to the mod to be able to answer this yet but... I plan to (just not sure when I will have time to).

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 13:03

Status Update
Have looked into the changes necessary to port this mod to X3AP and discovered the following:-
  • the missiles have been rebalanced in X3AP
  • a new missile compatability group has been added (SG_MISSILE_COUNTER) which only has the Mosquito missile assigned to it.
  • The updated TBullets format includes OOS damage values
The main issue I have at the moment is time, but I will try to release an X3AP compatability patch/upate soon.

At this time, I believe that it may be possible to release a dual version of this mod since it is currently in loose file deployment format but I will try to confirm this prior to release of the patch/update.

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 16:20

Looking forward to it, Roger! Keep up the good work!

I've began playing Terran for the first time because of the plot in AP (yes, there's plots in X3! :D) but I find the lack of variety in vanilla weaponry a little bland when compared to that of the Commonwealth races.

roBZANtonio

Post by roBZANtonio » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 06:28

This was just great.
I've been focusing unto the weaponry codes and it gives a hard time especially in the modifications and exceptional editing in the descriptions and stuffs.

But this was just the right stuff to be done this New Year. Greatly help.
Michael: Hey, guys, check it out. They got brass knuckles.
(Pause…)
Michael: And numchucks.
David: Sweeeeet.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 07:06

Status Update
Things are looking like they will be getting back to normal soon, will be looking at releasing an AP compatible version (hopefully) this weekend. Sorry for the delays.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 10:06

Status Update
Release of AWRM v0.34 is currently underway. This forthcoming version will be primarily an XAP compatability release.

There is one change between XTC and XAP which will require some feedback from you guys and that is on the topic of the Laser Tower weapon (PBC).

I can rebalance the Enh/Adv versions of these weapons to match XAP (effectivly a 2-3 fold increase in damage over XTC) and possibly adjust the prices across the range accordingly - OR - I can reduce the XAP/AWRM laser tower weapon strength back to XTC levels.

What do you think?

tls2000

readtext

Post by tls2000 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 11:15

hi roger,
got a problem with ur mod, its showing alot readtext errors: 17-250039 to 17-250394 as far as i could see.

looked for its t-files 2500 to 2503 and 7074-L044 and found the strings needed to be shown in game, why doesnt it show the text? dunno how to fix that.

p.s im new to modding and scripting :P

thx in advance

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: readtext

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 14:06

tls2000 wrote:hi roger,
got a problem with ur mod, its showing alot readtext errors: 17-250039 to 17-250394 as far as i could see.

looked for its t-files 2500 to 2503 and 7074-L044 and found the strings needed to be shown in game, why doesnt it show the text? dunno how to fix that.

p.s im new to modding and scripting :P

thx in advance
What installation method are you using? ZIP or SPK?

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 15:22

í used spk for ur mod, actually dled both zip and spk, but didnt know where to put some folders in the zip file

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 20:10

tls2000 wrote:í used spk for ur mod, actually dled both zip and spk, but didnt know where to put some folders in the zip file
Are you running the Plug-in Manager "As Administrator"? If not, then the mod will not install correctly under Vista/Windows 7.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”