[script/mod] ImprovedRaces R15.31 (24.04.2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 11:10

I was talking about in rc7, I am going to try RC8 now, the array thing I mean.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 11:20

2 topics running in parallel on IR will be confusing for users, which one's going down or is there a good reason for 2 at the moment? :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 11:37

LV wrote:2 topics running in parallel on IR will be confusing for users, which one's going down or is there a good reason for 2 at the moment? :)
This is a newer version of IR, but since original creator of IR is not currently here it's impossible to edit the old thread to notify users of this new version, so that's why this thread was started. The other one could probably be locked since the newer version by djrygar is here and he's one of the few users on this forums familiar with inner working of IR.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 12:37

yes, but many people still prefer to use version 13, so maybe renaming older one so it only says about R13 and does not confuse about R14 RC2 (which is very bugged and should not be used)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 13:57

Just have in the library menu;
Improved Races v13 (discontinued)
Improved Races v15

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 14:59

I'll fix it later once i've returned from work, pm me with what you want in the old topic first post and i'll edit it.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

TwilightWalker
x3tc

Re: [script/mod] ImprovedRaces R14 RC8 (25.03.2010)

Post by TwilightWalker » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 15:26

djrygar wrote: Start new game, change pilot name to Thereshallbewings, save, unpack 7zip archives into game directory, load game. DO NOT install plugin before you start game (otherwise Terran gamestarts will not work - terrans will kill you after 1 minute)

If you want to use Hot War option (race wars), remember to set up race relations properly. ATF And Terrans are 2 separate options, but are seen as one by other races. If you set them up differently, it may lead to awkward situations (like: ATF considers Split as friend, but Split consider Terrans as enemy and will attack ATF Assault ships)
I know some mods, like Gazz's MARS and Complex Cleaner, delay activation until you load the game a second time around. For ease of installation, would it be possible to use the same kind of code here?

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 16:36

I don't know how to do it right now, I don't have experience in scripting

if simple 1 hour "=wait" before registering AL plugin is sufficient, then yes.

Not really priority for me

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 18:45

I noticed the Rapid Improvement option no longer has the option to kickstart the Xenon into instantly spawning 3 fleets and attacking sectors. Is this intended?

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 19:31

comparing to which version?

I did not changed that. New Xenon stations may be built, but simultaneously only 3 xenon stations are really producing invasion ships. Rest of them is just collecting resources :>

Also it may be because that there already is enough xenon stations i universe. I have not changed (at least by purpose) anything in this matter

* EDIT: just looked at code; yes, it was disabled (probably because of totally changed AI in R14)

dont worry, when they come, you will notice that for sure :D

BTW since Khaak were quite seriously nerfed...In next version Khaak will have really nice surprise for all of you. Appearently, there is a reason why it takes them so long to build stations now... :D

gueganteng

Post by gueganteng » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 22:04

hi there, first i want to say thank you for keeping this great mod up to date.

ive been using IR only for race wars between the main races, and maybe there are some area that needs improvements.

+-Invasion Option-+
currently the races wont start invading other races even with the Hot War turned on. The only way to make them start is by turning on the Cap Ship response option first and re-instal. this is annoying since i prefer invasions without the cap ship defenders.
when i look at the script it seems invasion is processed by the job.station. script and the only way activating job.station script is by enabling the cap ship response.

so right now if i want invasions, i have to enable cap ship response option for the job.station script to kick in, and disable the cap ship response again. Sadly i spent a humiliating amount of days trying to figure these steps lol.

+-Amount of invasion event in the universe in a given time-+
ive been playing a while and it seems that races wont start invading if other invasions have not finish. It seems 5 invasions event are the maximum amount of invasion at the same time.
this is annoying because Argon can have 3 invasions, and boron 2 Invasions while the others just sit and wait. when one of the invasion is finished Argon / Boron can also invade again thus blocking other race's chance again. this loop makes the game a bit imbalance.

increasing the the invasion amount limiter is visible but does not eliminate 1 race blocking other race's invasion slot.
limiting the amount of invasion for 1 race can have at the same time is another option. this way each race can have their own war campaigns. 3-5 invasion slot for 1 race would be great.

+-War Campaign Option-+
an option to force the invasion event of a specific race targeting a specific race would be nice. or better if its like rapid improvement that makes all races use up their invasion slot at the same time, making an all out war between the main race.

there is also one minor bug..

-create ship clean up-
Terran defenders uses spytfire, one of those m3 #deca, terran freight drone, terran drone, also saw 6 argon defender mammoths at 1 time. dont know how they get there, i just add those out of place ships to the exception list in create.ship script and its fixed. maybe this happened only in my game but worth mentioning.

sorry if if i analyze the script wrongly and jumping to conclusion, looking at those scripts gave me a new kind of migraine.
again i dont know about the khaak & xenon module but it seems you got them under control :wink:

thank you again and forgive my broken english..

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 22:39

The MAIN focus of this script are Khaak and Xenon races. Response/Race Wars part is definitely underdeveloped, and probably will be for long time.

I never wrote any script before. I am learning by fixing this one and trying to understand it ;)

Race Wars option is just small spinoff from Response logic, and response was designed to allow races to defend themselves from Khaak/Xenon.

If you look for race war only plugin I strongly reccomend Race Response Fleets it will be much better suited for your needs. Actually people report that it works quite nicely with latest R14 and together they are great (Xenon/Khaak from IR and military from RRF)

Yes, only capships can lead invasions, other situation would be awkward (mabybe with exception of pirates). Response forces are ONLY commonwealth ships that IR produces and it will stay this way. BEcause of Khaak / Xenon sheer numbers. If I increase military presence, game will break. I can notutilise all resources for one script, and script engine is already strained.

I prefer to leave complex military logic to RRF. Improved races will be improved in other ways. ->deeper immersion (integration with Galaxy News, limited use of jumpdrives, Mission Director generic missions, better X/K AI).

gueganteng

Post by gueganteng » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 01:16

ah i see.. thank you for you confirmation, now i understand which path IR takes, and its true prioritizing that will give better result for this great mod.

but im still holding on that someday Race War will get tweaked... "a long time" is enough reason for hoping :wink:

anyways good luck and thank you again for keeping this mod alive.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 03:27

djrygar wrote:I don't know how to do it right now, I don't have experience in scripting

if simple 1 hour "=wait" before registering AL plugin is sufficient, then yes.

Not really priority for me
I'd suggest a global variable in a setup script somewhere (or init, not sure which one fires when or how you have it running). If variable is null (never been set before) then set it to 1 and exit. If variable is 1 run the setup sequence and set variable to 2. If variable is 2, do nothing, just exit.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 05:36

Just a suggestion, could you make "Guardian" ships patrol the sector instead of clustering around shipyards, collision avoidance is abit flawed so IS they tend to cause the destruction of shipyard.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 08:38

Cadius wrote:Just a suggestion, could you make "Guardian" ships patrol the sector instead of clustering around shipyards, collision avoidance is abit flawed so IS they tend to cause the destruction of shipyard.
Really? I have never seen them ramming each other/shipyard.
Are you using some ship speed mod?

Protecting shipyard is top priority -> lost shipyard = lost sector and no reinforcements and no protection for nearby sectors. And it is right thing to do, from what I have seen in, Zyarth Dominion for example - this saved split shipyard from destruction by Xenon many times

They utilize standard {protect} command. But there is already code for khaak, that makes them circle around khaak station in given radius (it looks great btw), so yes, probably i could try...

UPDATE
Right now I think I fixed wrong messages. Also I found reason for ship wrong names of ships. Actually there are 2 different problems:
1 - ATF/OFF ship ARRAY type of bug
2 - ATF Assault 169, OFF Assault 180 type (number instead of ship type name)

And there will be THE SURPRISE in RC9 :D Something that you haven't seen for looong time

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 13:52

Hey guys I could do with a bit of assistance. I used RRF to claim a sector instead of IR but I have all my stations in there. I don't think I'm getting any cash for it because I claimed it with RRF... my mistake so anyone else done this and is the problem easy to rectify without losing a good 150 odd stations.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 13:58

restart IR (restart, not 'clean universe')

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 14:30

You mean the reinstall command underneath clean universe?

EDIT - I done the reinstall command but, have not lost my unknown sector or recieved the takeover message so I don't think its worked atleast I won't really know till that message about payment turns up.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 16:24

well, I remeber I added code do rescan universe for players sectors.

perhaps you must uninstall and reinstall, i dont remeber when this procedure is launched. If script finds such sectors, it displays subtitle about retaking

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”