[script/mod] ImprovedRaces R15.31 (24.04.2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 08:38

Cadius wrote:Just a suggestion, could you make "Guardian" ships patrol the sector instead of clustering around shipyards, collision avoidance is abit flawed so IS they tend to cause the destruction of shipyard.
Really? I have never seen them ramming each other/shipyard.
Are you using some ship speed mod?

Protecting shipyard is top priority -> lost shipyard = lost sector and no reinforcements and no protection for nearby sectors. And it is right thing to do, from what I have seen in, Zyarth Dominion for example - this saved split shipyard from destruction by Xenon many times

They utilize standard {protect} command. But there is already code for khaak, that makes them circle around khaak station in given radius (it looks great btw), so yes, probably i could try...

UPDATE
Right now I think I fixed wrong messages. Also I found reason for ship wrong names of ships. Actually there are 2 different problems:
1 - ATF/OFF ship ARRAY type of bug
2 - ATF Assault 169, OFF Assault 180 type (number instead of ship type name)

And there will be THE SURPRISE in RC9 :D Something that you haven't seen for looong time

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 13:52

Hey guys I could do with a bit of assistance. I used RRF to claim a sector instead of IR but I have all my stations in there. I don't think I'm getting any cash for it because I claimed it with RRF... my mistake so anyone else done this and is the problem easy to rectify without losing a good 150 odd stations.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 13:58

restart IR (restart, not 'clean universe')

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 14:30

You mean the reinstall command underneath clean universe?

EDIT - I done the reinstall command but, have not lost my unknown sector or recieved the takeover message so I don't think its worked atleast I won't really know till that message about payment turns up.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 16:24

well, I remeber I added code do rescan universe for players sectors.

perhaps you must uninstall and reinstall, i dont remeber when this procedure is launched. If script finds such sectors, it displays subtitle about retaking

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 17:39

I done it now cheers :D

Is there any specific time Xenon will stop trying to take back 347. I've ran out of missiles not to mention the continuos spawning of Q's is very time consuming... I even have reports of Xenon trying to take back 101.

EDIT - Erm I've just been given two Shrikes with the subtitle player strike group formed in Legends Home to attack... I think it was Trinity Sanctum but didn't get much chance to see it.

EDIT 2 - No sorry they were 2 Phoenix's and I now also have several Pregrines... I don't think thats normal is it?

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 18:12

?

thats bug, I have seen this messages in RC8, fixed it for RC9, but never actually seen that something is created (just false alarms)

If you have been granted with ships then I will post fix todday

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 18:21

I mean I wouldn't mind but Teladi ships really are not all that usefull to me lol. I get a nice bit of assistance anyhow having RRF as any AI factories attacked will spring the RRF. So I can hold out after all these attacks but jesus is it annoying.

The Xenon are just pouring out and out. Keep spawning like in vanilla.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 18:57

ok, fix is online, you may download (rc9)

and there will be no surprise ;(
X3 engine kills my surprise as soon as I create it. ;/

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 20:36

Are there any changes towards vanilla spawnings of Xenon?

I haven't had chance to leave 347 yet. Just found out that 101 has 4 Q's in. Between one destroyer a missile cruiser and a frigate I can't leave that in one sector alone nevermind two.

EDIT - Now I've just had 3 Hive Queen's invade 347 on there own. :wink:

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 21:36

shhh... dont tell that anyone. in fact, thats bug (I was sure I deleted it before uploading.. to many things at once). They should not leave stations, until they are destroyed. You may re-download RC9, i fixed this

what do you mean by "changes towards vanilla spawnings of Xenon? "
I dont understand this sentence

4 Q is nothing. I am just observing Xenon invasion in Family Ryk - 20*K, and plenty of smaller ships

Xenons will come as long, as you let them. The best tactics is to kill them at beginning, when its still easy, to close gate. When they have invaders in target system, they will throw everything they've got. When you kill all Xenon ships coming trough the gate, it will stop invasion. They will chose another way

also, if you re-download, please report about ATF/OFF ship names. this part of code is so twisted I have real trouble fixing it. But at least SOME names should be good now. Do you have 'coloured names" enabled or disabled?

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 10:22

*duplicate
Last edited by djrygar on Sun, 28. Mar 10, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 10:31

- sector claim fee slightly increased (550mln)
Tell me it's typo, 550 mln for a sector??!!

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 10:56

mr.WHO wrote: Tell me it's typo, 550 mln for a sector??!!
So much for cost of acquisition of Avarice X3R sector. For me it's a good price, after all, buy the sector.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 11:04

550mln for sector BUY is OK, but for sector CLAIM - it's madness!.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 11:36

no, no typo

10 mln was an exploitable feature.

For example: early in the game you 'buy' The Hub for 10 mln, and it gives you about 2,5 mln each hour. No factory or trader will make such money or has such high return of investment rate. It was completly imbalanced and now is more in line with rest of the game.

Also 550 is more in line with how it was in Reunion. It is something you should use much later in the game, which is good, because we have plenty of features for early game, not much for later.

seriously, 10 mln is price of poor corvette. Or tech factory

Making hard decisions is something that X3 lacks a bit, and it is also imminent feature of GAME. Game = making choices. So you choice there will be, shell out some serious money and get regular income that will help with feeding you codea pilots and buy stuff for them. Or maybe its better to buy 2 destroyers? Also, I can tell you now, there are rumours that Xenon invasions are more and more dangerous. They are learning where to find precious resources they need to build themselves. Silicon or Ore rich sectors, or sectors with big factories filled hundreds of thousands energy cells is real honey for Xenons... So inhabitants of such systems want someone with military and economic potential to secure their lives. They pay taxes to feel safe. Poor wanna-be tycoon who cannot pay few hundreds millions to be legal overseer of sector is not who they want as a ruler ;D

also, it will give me opportunity to grant sector control as valuable prize for liberating few sectors or killing khaak stations in missions
Last edited by djrygar on Sun, 28. Mar 10, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 11:44

But I still think that for 550mln you should be able to buy whole sector, not takeover empty (razed) sector that you claim after big battle. C'mon, I don't want to pay a cost of 5xM2 to take sector that will return it's cost (not including battle losses and cost of future defence) after what?... 220 hours ?! 30-40 mln should be OK but everything higher is not worth of bothering :(.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 11:55

thats because you connect 150 fabs into one complex ;)

place ED, HQ, few tech factories there and your investment will give you huge profits much sooner

for example I get 8 mln per hour now just from few factories, HQ, and ED and military base that Splits built in my sector

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 12:12

on side note

I need one or few volunteers that will write series of articles for Galaxy News Service, that will say about invasions, takeovers and such, at least in few variants. More articles you are able to write the better it will be. Best would be to have at least one set per race. I am Polish myself, so I dont feel english too well, it should be written by native english speaker who knows how to stylize such text in different manners.

so articles for Teladi would be in 'war is profitable' manner, something aggressive for bloodthirsty Split, religious b**s for Paranids, maybe cynical for Argon..
of course you will be credited here ;)

generally I would like to disable usual notifications, they are not really immersion-building feature, and use News for that.

Also, articles about how to deal with Xenons, Invasions, collecting taxes and other things connected with IR, that will be kind od tutorial for other players, but presented in nice, immersive way inside game
Last edited by djrygar on Sun, 28. Mar 10, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 12:23

also, doees anyone know how to extract information about sector population via script? I cannot find proper command for that.

It would be nice to scale price of sector (and also taxes) as dependent of sector population, so uninhabited sectors would be cheap, but not really profitable (just small taxes from fabs) and resourceful/sunny sector would be expensive

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”