[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 11:55

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 14:12

Oh yeah seems fine now.
Rawr.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 02:57

Thanks for this script :D
Any chance for this running with Reunion? Any chance to create one if not ? I can do mod in FL but not here :/

However i have found a problem. Connection between Elysium of Light - Jupiter 3.. Elysium was the system where i started. Now both gates are called North and not North - South. How can i fix this?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 15:56

something you will have to put up with unless i get round to re-writing parts of the code

isn;t on my priority list at the moment

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 00:09

I see you use the same value for both Gate ID and Gate Type.

In Jumppoint, I pass the position of the gate to a separate script (you only need X and Z cords since NESW only applies to a 2D plane), that script sees where the new gate is in relation to the centre of the sector (the centre is always 0 by 0), it then returns a gate type which determines the NESW of the gate.

I think I called the script plugin.binaryboy.jumppoint.rot if you want to check it out.

Edit: Jumppoint originally only used TOA's in Version 1, adding support later on for normal gates, hence the rot script returns values for TOA's, you can get a normal gate by Subtracting 5 from the rot script return value.

mattla
x4

Post by mattla » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 20:09

I've got a problem when connecting Freedom's Reach with the Unknown Sector west of Unholy Descent. Now there are two "South Gates" in the Unknown sector. :?
Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible to manually change the new south-gate to a "north-gate" using the script editor?

[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 21:14

the next build will fix this, eta soon™

GrrlPower

Post by GrrlPower » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 09:17

how do i use this if i cant get EMP working right? every time i install it,many of my wares have their names changed to"ReadText-(number)". I miss out on alot of awesome mods and scripts(like this one) because of it

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 19:32

try the emp fixer in my sig, must be run manually via se ingame
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

GrrlPower

Post by GrrlPower » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 00:27

Thx alot LV,ill give it a shot

Meknor

Post by Meknor » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 12:16

I have 32 gate construction softwares and the command appears in 'general' but it is greyed out and I cant select it, I have all command softwares installed.

What have I done wrong?

And im in a mammoth

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 18:59

i'm not sure +2 and it should work

open plugin.lv.build.gate.setcom

003 $nj = $ship -> get amount of ware Jumpgate Construction Software in cargo bay

makes sure it says that and not some readtxt or ssware entry

if it's listed as above in your script i really do not have a clue as to why

RatiuGrigore
x3tc

Post by RatiuGrigore » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 21:59

I just cant build them,i cant find the software,so i spawned it with cheat menu and when i try to build htem the command is just blank

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 23:50

Common fix seems to be about editing one of the scripts since it'll be looking for ZZ_BLANK_WARE_X instead of the explicitly named "Jumpgate Construction Software". No idea why, ask LV :P

RatiuGrigore
x3tc

Post by RatiuGrigore » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 08:30

Calgor Grim wrote:Common fix seems to be about editing one of the scripts since it'll be looking for ZZ_BLANK_WARE_X instead of the explicitly named "Jumpgate Construction Software". No idea why, ask LV :P
Thx,but wich one? :).

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 09:42

Off the top of my head no idea. Just look for a "plugin.lv.build.gate" and look through those.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 17:59

There will be a new build up in the next few days, just spent the day rewriting it to remove emp need and put a touch of fluff and balance in
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 18:38

Question, is it possible to do an additional with the Terran Jump Gate variant? I do love the one they build after the Aldrin plotline. I like using Commonwealth ones but the Terran one would just be icing, cherry and sprinkles. :)

RatiuGrigore
x3tc

Post by RatiuGrigore » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 21:41

It wont work at all for me,the wares arnt in the stations,i put the wares in by cheating(muhahaha),but the command is greyed out.What is it to do,im in the correct ship,have 2 pieces.Thx

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 15:35

Download at top of first link

NOTE
Imperial TC Script Library needed now!!

================================
Version 1.3 update

After more boredom i decided to change most of the features and removed the need for EMP and also added some fluff to the building process

As of 1.3

[ external image ]

You MUST use a M1 or TL class ship

Gates must be created from the materials sold at race Gate Construction Centres.
[ external image ]

A new hotkey allows opening of the menu although it is still also bound to the ships menu.

You can find the locations of the Gate Centres via this menu, in addition it will tell you how much of each material is needed to construct gates from x-y
[ external image ]

To load up with Materials fly within 6k of one of the centres and turn on the Start Material Command by clicking it
[ external image ]

Your ship will be loaded by the station and each transaction counts as enough materials for 1 sector, each trade costs 50k

Building gates is done the same way as before and once your route is chosen drones will now launch from you ship and build the gates for you.

Final Addition

I added some waste wares to the gate fabs which are produced during trade or production, you are advised to use the Radioactive Waste and Hazardous Waste to fill the Waste Facility that is created with the Gate Factories as they will make needed Trading Drones. It is also much safer than the fabs disposing of the waste themselves ;)

Once a fab is full of either waste it will stop producing until the waste is traded.

====================
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”