[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 01:05

Ulan Dhor wrote:Hmm. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

I put the EMP-X files into their destination folder, ran the dat/cat as false patches, installed the ALP via X Plugin Manager and made sure it's running. I bought two of those Jumpgate kits. If I understood it correctly, there should now be a "Create Gate" command in the "General" tab of the command console. I have the "General" tab when docked, but only with other commands (some of Lucike's scripts) and no "General" tab when flying.

Any obvious error on my side here?
Your ship has to have XL cargo bay.

hth

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 01:48

Argonaught. wrote:
Ulan Dhor wrote:Hmm. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

I put the EMP-X files into their destination folder, ran the dat/cat as false patches, installed the ALP via X Plugin Manager and made sure it's running. I bought two of those Jumpgate kits. If I understood it correctly, there should now be a "Create Gate" command in the "General" tab of the command console. I have the "General" tab when docked, but only with other commands (some of Lucike's scripts) and no "General" tab when flying.

Any obvious error on my side here?
Your ship has to have XL cargo bay.

hth

Argo.
I'm in a Springblossom at the moment, so this should not be the problem.

jonigt
x3

Post by jonigt » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 11:04

Hello I am Spanish and my English is very bad.
I have the same problem that Ulan Dhor.
Neither the command goes out for me. Is it possible for problems with another script??

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 19:13

When I am building a gate I use a ship I'm not in.
See if you get the menu when your not in the ship.

hth

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 17:42

Argonaught. wrote:When I am building a gate I use a ship I'm not in.
See if you get the menu when your not in the ship.

hth

Argo.

This hasn't helped me unfortunately. It makes no difference what ship i'm in, there is still no 'create gate' order in the General section.

Edit : ok, I got it to work. The command shows for me if the ship with the gate software is a TL, but not when i had the software on my M7.
So, maybe ship type does matter ??? :roll:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 18:55

1. what commands do show in your general menu

2. what ship are you in (must be M1 TL TM TP)

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Re: [ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.0 16/3/10

Post by Senator Vrax » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 19:06

LV wrote: Costing 95k any ship capable of carrying XL cargo with 2 Units of JCS can order gate building.

This was the problem for me. I wasn't using the correct ship type as i thought i had more choices :P

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 19:59

LV wrote:2. what ship are you in (must be M1 TL TM TP)
Hey, that might be the solution. The description just says "any ship capable of carrying XL cargo with 2 Units of JCS can order gate building", so I used an M6. I can try that.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 22:52

Yea description needs to be changed a little, I was using a slow TL with a jumpdrive to create my gates, hadn't tried any other ships with XL cargo.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 23:33

I'll be toughening up the ship requirements next build so enjoy it while you can ;)

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 08:00

LV wrote:I'll be toughening up the ship requirements next build so enjoy it while you can ;)
Hopefully not too much. Half of the stations that sell those jumpgate kits cannot dock big ships.

Anyway, using an Elephant, everything went fine. The script seems to build N gates first, at least as long as there aren't already two N gates in the sector. Connecting Aldrin2 with Elysium of Light was ideal for such a setup. The result was nearly a traffic collapse :D.

As an aside, I was surprised that the Xenon still fly to Neptune. Their target seems to be Earth, not another Xenon sector.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 17:32

for balance i may have them TL only, the wares can still be bought from another smaller ship and transferred as it seems to cheaty with the current options

i'm also looking at the possibility of throwing the odd ship off course as i found something by accident the other day which may let me do this while they are jumping but i have not tested the idea yet
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 17:50

LV wrote:i'm also looking at the possibility of throwing the odd ship off course as i found something by accident the other day which may let me do this while they are jumping but i have not tested the idea yet
While they use the new gates or if they have the kits in cargo while jumping to the sector for the gates?

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 18:08

I just wanted to report that the timer for gate building doesn't always work. For the first gate, everything went fine (15 mizuras wait time). I constructed two others later, and the announced wait times (33 and 15 mizuras, respectively) didn't happen, but the gates were built immediately. Not sure whether it's related, but my Elephant had more than the necessary 2 jumpgate kits on board.

Saethan
x3

Post by Saethan » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 08:16

Is there any way to determine ahead of time how much a connection is going to cost? Wanting to set up a gate from cloudbase SE to asteroid belt so all my nodes are connected, but no clue how much I need to save up.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 18:06

Saethan wrote:Is there any way to determine ahead of time how much a connection is going to cost? Wanting to set up a gate from cloudbase SE to asteroid belt so all my nodes are connected, but no clue how much I need to save up.
If you have bought 2 gate kits already you can tell the ship to setup the gates, the very last popup menu will want you to confirm that you want the gates setup and it will show the price.
If you don't have the money just select no and nothing will happen apart from you now knowing the cost.

HTH

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 14:05

I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with this script. When I place it into my game I get a ZA_blah_blah_blah appearing. If I remove it it will disappear. So I know that it is related to this script. If i am placing it in an already existing game do I need to kick something off in SE?

I do have EMP installed but I also have a good deal of other things installed including Apricot's Merge Mod. Ideas?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:19

LV will need to update this to work with the updated EMP.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:52

I don't have the new emp installed as the plugin manager already has it leaving me to believe i need to wait for cycrow to update the PM before i fix ;)
or i need to update the PM, have not checked yet
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:58

as of version 1.2 of PM lite; it uses the fixed version of EMP
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”