[SHIP] Split Artellia Prototype M6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

puffneki
x4

[SHIP] Split Artellia Prototype M6

Post by puffneki » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 04:16

Hello everyone,

After a lot of reading, head scratching, swearing and so on I would like to present you the Split Artellia Prototype.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Here are a couple of other screenshots:
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_01.jpg
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_02.jpg
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_03.jpg
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_04.jpg
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_05.jpg
http://puffneki.com/x3/previews/artellia_06.jpg

and the description from the Encyclopedia:

Code: Select all

The Artellia Prototype was designed by the commission of the Split military to be a serious competitor in the new M6+ class introduced by the Paranid Hyperion Vanguard and the Terran Springblossom. Its maiden voyage took place in an unknown sector that served as a testing ground for the newly developed Split military ships, when suddenly a small group of Yaki fighter ships appeared out of nowhere, boarded the ship, teleported a jumpdrive onboard, and jumped out of the system. The Split military was so embarrassed by the incident that they didn't even try to locate the prototype in fear of the incident to come to light, so they dumped its blueprints and started a new one from scratch.
A few parameters:

Code: Select all

Max speed: 213.4 m/s
Max steering: 11.4
Power generator: 3250mW
Hull strength: 46000
Max shield: 3x200MJ
Weapon energy: 26500kW
Weapons recharge rate: 620kW/s
Cargo: 1180
It's quite a powerful ship considering its speed and weapon energy, and though I tried to make it balanced for those of you who don't like overpowered ships, me myself don't really care about this that much actually. So please don't complain about it. And as the description says, it's supposed to be an M6+ class ship, the class that Egosoft itself introduced to us in TC.

Anyways, if you like the preview shots please do download it , and give me your opinion...or don't.

Download it here and install it with Cycrow's Plugin Manager.

I tried to test it pretty thoroughly, but since it's my first and only mod it's bound to have issues. So, please report them if you find any.

Oh, yeah, and there are three requirements for its mini mission to trigger.
You have to:
- fly a Split ship;
- have at least 5 hours game time;
- be in space.

If anytime these conditions are met, you'll get a message shortly, which will tell you where to go to get the ship.

And two more things:
It's not that cheap for an M6 class.
And you better be friendly with the Yaki (but it's not a requirement).

Okay, that's all, have fun.

---
Text resources used by the mod: 4341-L044
If you would like to translate it feel free to it, just tell me about it first.[/code][/url]

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 04:39

puffneki

Just DL'ed this and will take it for a spin shortly.

Also, thank you for the SPK format.

And the next Q everyone will want to know, are you going to do any more?

From the screenies it does look very Split'ish. Looks good, well done.

MarCon

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 05:12

Impressive, Star Fox. :D

The cockpit section reminds me of the Firefly, oddly enough. Kind of a Firefly - Normandy mash up. Made by the Split. Which is awesome!
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 06:48

Looks nice...now I gotta get a Split ship...will ANY Split ship do, and do you need good Split rep? I'm not hated, but not high if even above rank 0, and the only Split craft I own are an Iggy and Iggy Vanguard, both randomly found half dead. Oh wait I have a Dragon on repair duty as well, that should work, I'd hope.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 08:44

Awesome work!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 08:56

Great work, looking forward to more :wink:

LA

puffneki
x4

Please redownload

Post by puffneki » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 14:29

For those of you who have already downloaded it, please redownload.
I actually didn't include the mission file in the package. I knew I was going to screw something up. Should have slept first.

About making other ships...well, I've thought about it. Actually i was thinking I should make the Artellia's successor and/or maybe a terran or ATF ship. Dunno yet. It depends on the feedback. If you guys like it then I probably going to do some more stuffs.

cheers

puffneki
x4

Post by puffneki » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 14:49

Killa17 wrote:Looks nice...now I gotta get a Split ship...will ANY Split ship do, and do you need good Split rep? I'm not hated, but not high if even above rank 0, and the only Split craft I own are an Iggy and Iggy Vanguard, both randomly found half dead. Oh wait I have a Dragon on repair duty as well, that should work, I'd hope.
any split ship will do, so the dragon will be fine.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 18:53

not often i comment on ships but I really like the bend on this ship, the open slots are also nice (would be better as big windows if possible) and also it should have a sister ship called artois ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

X1000

Post by X1000 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 04:07

Love it. It DOES feel like a Firefly/Normandy. You should make more indeed.

Maybe some Terran ships, as there variety is very small.

Also, 5 hours playtime seems kinda short. Sit in your Mercury for two hours with 10x seta, and you get a M6? That will spoil all the fun! My suggestion? You should have to talk to a guy in the unknown sector on the other side of that Xenon sector (Ill edit in the # in a few.).

puffneki
x4

Post by puffneki » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 16:32

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I guess I'm going to make other ships sometime or other then. Maybe I'll start with a terran or atf one, not sure yet.
and also it should have a sister ship called artois
we'll see :)
You should have to talk to a guy in the unknown sector on the other side of that Xenon sector
Well, maybe in the next one. I was just happy to successfully put this one in the game after two days of reading the MD documentation, Egosoft's source code for the basic missions and Teladidron's mission file for the Marauder shipyard. All of those have been very helpful, so a thanks goes to them as well.

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Sat, 13. Mar 10, 03:09

Good thing I checked here before waiting too long...just tossed in the ship, went to a Split sector, in a Split fighter, and was waiting...and waiting...then thought I'd make sure I was in the right spot. (I've made the mistake of being in the wrong place before :X ) Will give additional feedback once I have the ship in my clutches. :)
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
[ external image ]

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 05:45

Great ship. I put a Terran paint job on the ship in my game though.

[ external image ]

Yes, you should make more ships. :)

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 00:18

Seems this mod has a conflict with Tenks Normandy mod. Removes it from the game and changes all Shipyard entries for it into Lasertower S, Lasertower M, and Lasertower L. Would love to use this, but since Yaki rep needs tons of work, and I'm loved by the Terran, I had to remove this one. (Plus M6s with fighter docking are rare, and I love my M3.)
[ external image ]

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 01:08

Seems this mod has a conflict with Tenks Normandy mod
Shipmods always conflict...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

puffneki
x4

Post by puffneki » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 14:05

Killjaeden wrote:
Seems this mod has a conflict with Tenks Normandy mod
Shipmods always conflict...
Isn't there a way around it? I've read quite a few tutorials, and I haven't seen any of those mentioning this problem. Or maybe I just missed it.

Hm, it seems I have to download the Normandy and take a closer look, maybe I can figure out something.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 14:27

only thing i'v seen is to merge the mods or use .XPS

puffneki
x4

Post by puffneki » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 17:57

StarCrack wrote:only thing i'v seen is to merge the mods or use .XPS
Okay, I see. So, what if I copy&paste the TShips and TCockpits entries from - for example - Tenk's and Axeface's ship mods into the Artellia's corresponding files and make a separate patch from it? Would it work even for those who don't have the Normandy and/or the Lusca/Thanatos installed?
I mean, say that I have the Normandy and the Artellia installed and I apply a patch which Tship file includes the entries for Axeface's ships. Won't it mess up things?
If not then why don't we have a downloadable package with the latest TShips, TCockpits and so on files in it in one of the sticky threads, so those of us who'd like to make ships mods compatible with each other could download it and avoid such conflicts?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 22:19

There is a couple of merge mods going around. Have to wait till one of them include this or merge it your self (not very hard).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”