[SCR] Security and Rescue Service [25th July 2010 X³:TC 3.2.01]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dmichailcz

Post by dmichailcz » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 16:15

Saetan wrote:Mhmm, would be a nice feature ... I remember nobody talking about such an idea. Maybe once in a future version, if Lucike likes this idea too.
If he will, ask him please if this upgrades can be sold by his HQ. I like Lucike's scripts (almost everyone is brilliant) and would like to see his HQ in my game :)
I am not very good in english, so please, forgive me...

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:01

Yay, thanks for the translation Saetan.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Haxi052

Post by Haxi052 » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 06:58

sounds so delicious! Thanks

------------------------------------
http://www.secure-bytes.com/network+sec ... ystems.php

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 14:07

dmichailcz wrote:If he will, ask him please if this upgrades can be sold by his HQ. I like Lucike's scripts (almost everyone is brilliant) and would like to see his HQ in my game :)
Thanks to Haxi052's post, I've read and remembered your question again. As Lucike ended his "annual X-holidays" a few days ago, I've told him today.

He likes that idea and has already an idea how to easily add that feature. So I think it will be added sometime in the (near) future. But it won't be as easy as to simply buy a software for us. *hehe*

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 19:03

If I may say something...

I love all Lucikes work. And hate one thing: p2p jumping. I eagerly wait for New Dimensions mod, whole idea is to prevent using jumpdrives as much as possible. Ie, you can, but not everywhere. And all Lucikes scripts use p2p. They jump into terran sectors or jump directly in center of any other sector, not caring if jumping is allowed or not.

Maybe Lucike could develop some universal switch (may be in config files, may be in menu) to stop this? I do want JD use, but not p2p. I would like to see CAGS/SS/CLS and all the others respect X3 rules regarding jumping.

personally I find jumdrive a game-breaking mechanism. It destroyed completely feeling of vast universe. And there will be jump beacons now. Great, I know many ppl will love it. Just make it optional.
Just remember people play X3 in different ways, and for some less is more.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 19:39

djrygar:
The CAG of the bonus pack won't be able to jump to terran sectors or into the sector middle, and both CAG will use the same code as far as I know. As jumping should be a main componet, that same routine (library I guess) may be used for the other scripts too.

If Lucike will add a switch for us modified-gamers to get "signed"-behavior in that case, I don't know. Once I asked something similar like that, but I don't know his plans for that.

edit:
I have to add/clarify something: The ships running one of Lucikes scripts shouldn't be able to jump into sectors without jump gates but only trans orbital accelerators. Once it was possible for them, but Lucike did disallow that since his release of jump beacons.
The only exception for that is, if you use the "cheat" script, which should be delivered by the library in an additional directory and you have to move into your scripts-directory first.

But a jump into the sector middle of sectors with jump gates is still possible.
Last edited by Saetan on Sun, 14. Mar 10, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 13. Mar 10, 00:12

Ah, I thought that he will make separate version for superbox, p2p would not get ES approval, but it's great to have confirmation. Then probably New Dimensions guys will use superbox version. As for Security Services, I'll just stay with current version so jump beacons will not bother me (unless he adds another tempting feature ;) )

Everyone's happy ;D

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 13. Mar 10, 00:21

But 'danger beacons' bring me another idea

There is a script on the forums called "Universe Explorers" by 7aten11ns
It's very 'lucike-like", as it employs 'trainable pilot' concept. Does not use Pilot Union unfortunatelly, but its great nevertheless. You hire an explorer that travels trough 'verse, maps sectors, drops satellites and maintains them, if they are destroyed. When he encounters enemies, he drops 'danger beacon'

I think it would be great if Lucike's pilots would see those beacons and react properly (traders/prospectors keep away from sector, security patrol visits more often etc)

Saetan
x4

Re: [SCR] Security and Rescue Service [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.01]

Post by Saetan » Sun, 9. May 10, 01:36

Security and Rescue Service
(Version 3.1.01 - 7th May 2010)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Security and Rescue Service (Version 3.1.01)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.12, 7th May 2010)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

7th May 2010 (Version 3.1.01)
  • Frigates with CODEA Weapon System and "safe operations"-option enabled will attack ships of the huge-ship-class only, if they've got a hangar for at least 10 fighters.
  • Ships of the type Aran can now be used for the SRS too.
  • Adjustments to the CODEA Weapon Base.
  • The shortcut for navigators will be set in the automatic naming function.
  • The Rescue Service will transfer salvaged pilots automatically to an ready TP in its Supply Base.
  • Global administration menu added.
  • Several small improvements.

Shadow_Wolf33
x3tc

Post by Shadow_Wolf33 » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:57

How does the wingmen feature of this script package work? Lets say I take 5 Nova Vanguards and want them to fly together as a patrol "wing". How would I go about doing that with SRS? Do I just use a standard wing assignment and then enable SRS on one of the ships?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 16:02

No, just start the SRD command on a ship which should be the wing leader. Its pilot has to have a rank of at least lieutenant. Then let the other SRS capable (needed equipment installed, pilot on board) ships follow your leader. The leader will check regularly if there are SRS capable ships following him and if so, they will be added to the "wing" automatically.

No regular egosoft-wing settings are needed.

Shadow_Wolf33
x3tc

Post by Shadow_Wolf33 » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 17:41

Wow simplicity at its finest, wonderful!

I take it that there's no rank required to just be a wingman?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 17:54

Shadow_Wolf33 wrote:I take it that there's no rank required to just be a wingman?
No, they can be recruit or anything else. Only the leader needs to be skilled.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 22:47

Saetan wrote:...let the other SRS capable (needed equipment installed, pilot on board) ships follow your leader. The leader will check regularly if there are SRS capable ships following him and if so, they will be added to the "wing" automatically.
There are a several "Following" commands available... Navigation-Follow, Combat-Protect, Combat-Attack target of, Combat-Attack nearest enemy...
Which one is to be used here?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 05:18

You can use the follow or you can use the protect command, that doesn't matter. The others can't be used.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 08:12

I've noticed that all my SRS ships set their "Missle fire probability" to 0% once they engage an enemy... It's kinda frustrating.... Also makes my M8's kinda useless when running SRS

Any way to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, small bug - when the pilots are reporting in the log they open up with "Guten Tag".. Guess a translation was missed. :)

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 11:10

I'm afraid M8s won't work OOS at all. As far as I remember it was some sort of design decision vs. M8 overkill (that's deeply hidden in the German thread ;) ). But instead of M8s use an M7M - just don't forget to set CODEA turret commands for OOS missile spam. Should work this way :)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 12:41

Aoshi_ wrote:I've noticed that all my SRS ships set their "Missle fire probability" to 0% once they engage an enemy...
That's no bug, that's normal. That behaviour indicates, that Lucike's scripts care about missile usage... they are independent from the named setting. Lucikes scripts (SRS, CODEA) love to use missiles, so don't be afraid that no missiles would get used.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 18:28

Thanks for clearing things up, I'll try CODEA out with the missle frigates and see how things play out.

Also, am I to understand that an M8 with the script is essentially useless? (Perhaps not at the fault of the script, just useless overall OOS?)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 18:42

Sorry, I don't have any experience in using M8 standalone for SRS ...

For CODEA as a SRS M8 are quite useless, as the M8 bombers don't get started by CODEA to attack a target, but need to be started by the player.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”