[SCR] Security and Rescue Service [25th July 2010 X³:TC 3.2.01]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 08:12

I've noticed that all my SRS ships set their "Missle fire probability" to 0% once they engage an enemy... It's kinda frustrating.... Also makes my M8's kinda useless when running SRS

Any way to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, small bug - when the pilots are reporting in the log they open up with "Guten Tag".. Guess a translation was missed. :)

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 11:10

I'm afraid M8s won't work OOS at all. As far as I remember it was some sort of design decision vs. M8 overkill (that's deeply hidden in the German thread ;) ). But instead of M8s use an M7M - just don't forget to set CODEA turret commands for OOS missile spam. Should work this way :)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 12:41

Aoshi_ wrote:I've noticed that all my SRS ships set their "Missle fire probability" to 0% once they engage an enemy...
That's no bug, that's normal. That behaviour indicates, that Lucike's scripts care about missile usage... they are independent from the named setting. Lucikes scripts (SRS, CODEA) love to use missiles, so don't be afraid that no missiles would get used.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 18:28

Thanks for clearing things up, I'll try CODEA out with the missle frigates and see how things play out.

Also, am I to understand that an M8 with the script is essentially useless? (Perhaps not at the fault of the script, just useless overall OOS?)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 18:42

Sorry, I don't have any experience in using M8 standalone for SRS ...

For CODEA as a SRS M8 are quite useless, as the M8 bombers don't get started by CODEA to attack a target, but need to be started by the player.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 23:23

Yeah, i've notice that now.. :P

Oh well, I guess M8's are useless unless in sector. I'll give up on trying to use them any other way.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 00:23

OOS those bomber squads are just sector-cleaners

I once cleare whole Xenon invasion (about 6 or 7 K's + support) just remotely pressing 'bombard target' in codea panel. not funny, very cheat-smelling thing.

but I managed to balance them by lowering stats of tomahawk missiles (ie cut damage by 80%), along with all other missiles, because they are just wrongly implemented in X3, at least OOS

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 12:45

Security and Rescue Service
(Version 3.2.01 - 25th July 2010)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Security and Rescue Service (Version 3.2.01)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.5.00, 3rd July 2010)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

24th May 2010 (Version 3.2.00)
  • Bug-Fix: Ships jumped often into the sector center. Fixed.
  • Bug-Fix: Fixed a bug in the automatic front weapon swap.
  • Bug-Fix: The Security and Rescue Service didn't fly back to its origin sector after an repair. Fixed.
  • Configuration menu visually completely revised.
  • "Analysis to Log"-Feature corrected and improved.
  • The emergency jump can now also be set to vessels of the small ship class through the configuration menu. In addition, the settings for the emergency jumps are saved in memory now.
  • Reworked the complete jump behaviour.
  • The Rescue Service on a rescue mission and set "Only safe operations" settings waits for reinforcements on heavy enemy contacts.
  • The Security Services are now waiting for its convoy ships, if it changes the sector
  • Various minor and major improvements.
25th July 2010 (Version 3.2.01)
  • "Major" Rescue Services give the "smaller" Rescue Services more time to react. Thus, the usage of Rescue Services of different classes is more appropriate.
  • The convoy ships of a Rescue Service are not as refueling and rearming friendly anymore but wait until their leadership is refuelling and rearming itself.
  • Some minor optimizations.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 04:43

No, just start the SRD command on a ship which should be the wing leader. Its pilot has to have a rank of at least lieutenant. Then let the other SRS capable (needed equipment installed, pilot on board) ships follow your leader. The leader will check regularly if there are SRS capable ships following him and if so, they will be added to the "wing" automatically.

No regular egosoft-wing settings are needed.

im guessing that the pilots of these SRS approved ships that are following the leader also gain experience at the same rate? also, if i peek at the command console of one of these followers will their orders read "following..." as if they were following any old ship? or something else? i just want to be able to confirn that things are working properly after attempting to assign "wingmen" to the wing leader.

and for clarity's sake, we are not setting an actual Wing for the wing leader (i.e. Red, Blue Green, etc.). We are just using the term "wing" to describe a group of ships flying in formation and attacking together while on an SRS assignment.

correct?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 06:41

taukarrie wrote:im guessing that the pilots of these SRS approved ships that are following the leader also gain experience at the same rate? [...] i just want to be able to confirn that things are working properly after attempting to assign "wingmen" to the wing leader.

[...]

correct?
All that's correct. To confirm just look out for the rank-gaining of the pilots. They'll get promoted the regular way after some time (after about 2 ingame hours, but earliest after finishing their actual turn).

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Mon, 30. Aug 10, 20:05

I know that Lucike's scripts are well connected, but I must ask - how well does SRS and CODEA cooperate? For instance - If i have M6 assigned to carrier through CODEA, will he perform Resue also?

This thread needs more information about Rescue services (only M6 can rescue pilots, what'll happened to them etc.). I know, some information are hidden in thread, but shouldn't they be on first page?
Teladi, Ferengi and Jawa enter bar.
Barman goes: "I am not buying that junk!"

Shadow_180
x3tc

Post by Shadow_180 » Tue, 7. Sep 10, 17:59

Will this script work with the Bonus Pack versions of CAG & CLS or only the "***modified***" versions?

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 02:09

The idea of this script is very nice. But I have a problem : I put a SRS patrol in Midnight Star to prevent pirates/Xenon to kill my CAGs but SRS ships attack repeatedly the Argon ships (my allies), making me losing reputation. Once I put Argons as 'friends' again on each ship, some time after SRS attack Argon again.

Note : Argons are friendly, everywhere in my settings and I never fight them. None of the SRS ships use area of effect weapon. Only HEPT, PRG, mosquitos and fighter drones.

Any idea how to manage this ? What did I do wrong ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 11:21

The SRS saves friend-foe settings when started to toggle them back, if an accidentally attack by commonwealth ships happens. Maybe the Argon where already set as foe when you started the SRS?

You can try to stop the whole SRS command, reset the friend-foe settings and restart the SRS command.

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 17:39

Maybe it could be something like this.

So I will restart SRS in some stazuras, once I will have finished my current complex building as I need another Mammoth and for that, increasing the rep I have been continuously losing, hu hu.

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 23:52

Saetan wrote:The SRS saves friend-foe settings when started to toggle them back, if an accidentally attack by commonwealth ships happens. Maybe the Argon where already set as foe when you started the SRS?

You can try to stop the whole SRS command, reset the friend-foe settings and restart the SRS command.
I checked quickly the concerned ships : they had Split as ennemies in their console as well (and I lost 1-2 levels of rep with split, did not realize before). This is... hard to understand. My non-SRS ships behave nice, like when I set a M2 patroling a sector or attacking an ennemy, so none attack anyone who doesn't belong to the foe list.

Could it be possible there is a security distance under wich SRS ships get mad and attack, whatever the initial configuration or something like this ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 01:35

Loner87 wrote:Could it be possible there is a security distance under wich SRS ships get mad and attack, whatever the initial configuration or something like this ?
No ... friendly ships should never be attacked, as long as they don't attack the SRS by themselves ... and if so, the automatic foe setting afterwards, by Egosoft, should be turned back to friend.

At the moment I'm out of ideas, if that was not the reason for your problem.

comradevik

Post by comradevik » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 20:37

I'm really enjoying Lucike's scripts and recently I set up a small SRS patrol with 1 Centaur Leader and 2 Eclipse wingmen. They work great and the Centaur pilot is already a captain, but for some reason they never respond to my distress calls.
Security Service is enables with 4 sectors on patrol.
Rescue Service is enabled and all branches are set to YES.
No matter how many times I press the hotkey, they never come, they just continue to patrol.

Also a second question. If you have multiple SRS teams, how do you know which one should come to rescue?

medieval midget

Post by medieval midget » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 18:14

So, last night I was working on beefing up some of my security patrols in my home sector. I added a fully loaded galleon I had captured in Elana's Fortune. Because I only need cannon fodder to protect my lightly shielded carrier, I filled her with Argon Elites and turned on Codea. When brought in one of my captains from a M6 who has been running patrol for a long time. I put her in as the captain of the galleon and she sent me a message saying she was now an admiral. I can find no reference for an admiral in the security and rescue service manual. Am I missing something? If so, what are the advantages of her prestigous rank?

I did find reference to an admiral for codea, but it said that I had to assign that rank and it was only honorary. I didn't assign this captain a promotion.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 00:01

medieval midget wrote:I did find reference to an admiral for codea, but it said that I had to assign that rank and it was only honorary. I didn't assign this captain a promotion.
Admirals are eye candy of the role-playing type, they don't have additional benefits for any script.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”