[AL Plugin] EJon-Tech/MarCon Ind. 'Trading Plugin' (1.2 German Aug 9 2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 20:55

u can check it out yourself if you like, im just converting my old X3 Reunion script to TC

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=141347
I remember that script, used it many a time myself.

:D

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 11:00

This is just confirmation by my that what Mark says next is perfectly expected and true, so listen to him ok Mods?

:wink:

I'm 'out of comms range' for 9 days now, and Mark will need to post updates on the thread and add a link to the hotfix, so do as he says guys!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 11:51

HI All,

As per EmperorJon's previous post, I'll be realeasing the hotfix as soon as i can.

So, Here is the progress so far.

Hotfix Update Progress - RELEASED as of 14 - feb - 2010

Ware Transfer Menu:
-> Trading Stations and Docks only trading one way - Fixed: now trades both ways. (req'd nearly complete rewrite of transfer script)
-> Will not Transfer Upgrades, or Equipment. (Mechanics can't install Upgrades or Equipment in space so you'll need to Dock to perform these operations)

Main Menu:
-> You buy upgrade Software on selection - Fixed: Added Confirm on software purchase and cost to buy in confirmation check text. (no more buying by accident)

Amounts to Transfer menu:
-> Updated to take into account if trading with Trading Stations or Docks.
-> Will display 'Transfer to Station' or 'Transfer to Ship' as seperate selections in the menu. They both have Transfer Max or Transfer user entered amount as options.
-> Displaying incorrect amounts. - Fixed:
-> Now shows amount possable to transfer on 'Transfer MAX' line with cost or income for this amount.
-> Displays Ware Selected to Transfer and Player money at top so you know how much you can spend and what you are spending it on.

Adv Sats and Jump Beacons:
-> When Adv Sats or jump beacons replaced not being updated correcly in Station Locations Menu resulting in not being able to jump to that location as all requirements not met. - Fixed: Now updates correctly.

Options Menu: (NEW)
-> Construction - Finished
-> Implementation - Finished
-> Includes options to choose Economy boost station owners. - 'Sector owner' or 'Original owner for station type'.
-> Includes options to restrict Station trade due to your relations with station owner race.

Lasertowers:
-> Creating incorrect model in some games. - NOT fixed: unable to find out why or reproduce after exhaustive testing.
-> Not protecting stations correctly. - Fixed: Worked on it, got it to work, and got my ass shot off by them while testing.
-> To many replacement LT's Built if Station destroyed. - Fixed:
-> No replacement LT's for destroyed ones if Station not Destroyed - Fixed:

Spacefly Hunter:
-> Removed: Will not be in upcoming releases.

General Typos:
-> What i can find. - Fixed:

Anything anyone else can think off?

HOTFIX RELEASED :

ZIP :
http://www.filefront.com/15574933/EJon- ... _Beta2.zip Location: - FileFront, Size: - 101.58kb

SPK :
http://www.filefront.com/15574955/EJon- ... _Beta2.spk Location: - FileFront, Size: - 73.15kb

Installation Instructions:

Without Previous Version:

Zip:

-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
or
-> Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
-> Start AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Set Hotkeys (Installed AFTER the plugin is Started).

SPK:

Use Cycrows Plugin Manager.

WITH Previouse Version Installed:
IF you have not had any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES NOT show any 'Unknown' entries.
Zip:
Use Above Clean Install Method.
No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

SPK:

Delete ALL Previous Versions of the script from your 'scripts' and 't' folders.
No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

IF you HAVE HAD any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES show any 'Unknown' entries.

Zip:

-> STOP AL Plugin (Sorry, but required to update corrupted Global Variable Arrays)
-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder. Overwrite when Prompted.
or
->Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
-> Load Previous Save game.
-> Restart AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Reset Hotkeys (These are removed when AL plugin is Stopped).

SPK:

-> STOP AL Plugin (Sorry, but required to update corrupted Global Variable Arrays)
-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Remove ALL previous 'Script' and 't' files MANUALLY.
or
-> Use Cycrows Plugin Manager to Install files.

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Sat, 13. Feb 10, 19:14, edited 5 times in total.

Jack Slinger
x3tc

Post by Jack Slinger » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 14:44

Does the same link go to the hot fix? It's a bit hard to tell, if it is up could you send me a link please?

Thanks

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 15:05

Jack Slinger

The Hotfix is not posted as yet. I'm trying to get the options menu select to work (having some trouble with it)

As soon as it's ready i will post it here.

Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: If i can't get the option menu working very soon i'll post the hotfix without the options menu included, i know you've all been waiting long enough.

EDIT 2: Ignor last edit. Menu now working and implemented.
See Hotfix progress post above.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 13. Feb 10, 19:28

Hi All,

WELL, it's finally done.

HOTFIX RELEASED :

BETA 2

Please Install THIS Version and NOT the one from the OP, as it has NOT been Updated.

As i am unable to access the OP it can not be updated to the new version or removed.
(If a moderator would like to remove the link, by all means do so)

Please see the Hotfix Update progress post Above for a list of Fixes and Changes from Beta 1.

As there have been a lot of changes, this release will be refered to as BETA 2.

ZIP :
http://www.filefront.com/15574933/EJon- ... _Beta2.zip Location: - FileFront, Size: - 101.58kb

SPK :
http://www.filefront.com/15574955/EJon- ... _Beta2.spk Location: - FileFront, Size: - 73.15kb

Installation Instructions:

Without Previous Version:

Zip:

-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
or
-> Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
-> Start AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Set Hotkeys (Installed AFTER the plugin is Started).

SPK:

WITH Previouse Version Installed:
IF you have not had any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES NOT show any 'Unknown' entries.

Zip:

-> Use Above Clean Install Method.
-> No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

SPK:

-> Delete ALL Previous Versions of the script from your 'scripts' and 't' folders.
-> Use Cycrows Plugin Manager.
-> No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

IF you HAVE HAD any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES show any 'Unknown' entries.

Zip:

-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder. Overwrite when Prompted.
or
->Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.

SPK:

-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Remove ALL previous 'Script' and 't' files MANUALLY.
or
-> Use Cycrows Plugin Manager to Install files.

Thanks to everyone who has tested for us and for your patience. Now, please enjoy.

As per normal, please report any buggy or bad behaviour on the 'Scripts' behalf.

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 12:37

Ahh!

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx22 ... 1266665715

:lol:

So much to catch up on! I'm back, and instantly on my PC. :wink:

Nice work Mark, I'll be checking it later!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 16:37

Updating download links, info etc. on main page.

Remeber, if you downloaded the first version you should now download this fix.

Detailed instructions for installation in first post and in Mark's release posts above.

This latest version also has an SPK. download, for people with the Plugin Manager. :D

Thanks and regards, Jon.
______
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 22:17

Well, no bug reports or anything yet...

I guess you guys must like it!

Everyone pleased? Want me to add more yet?
______
______

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 03:42

Very. Really boosts the economy, those npc factories finally have something to do.

two things though

[1] could you add a pss in Mars sector?

[2] could you tell which **undefined** station is used? I mean the station ID

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 10:25

Cadius
I know EmperorJon has plans to add more PSS's in various sectors, so thanks for Reco of one in Mars Sector. At present i have know idea of an exact ETA on more stations, but the faster people put in Reco's, the faster it will get done. :D Hopefully, it wont be too far away.
[2] could you tell which **undefined** station is used? I mean the station ID
I'm presuming you ment the Stations wares Id from the 't' files.
So they are:
Main Type : - 6
Sub Type : - 238
Station Type : - 'Player Name' ***Undefined***
Ware Code : - *** SS_FAC_HQ

The Station type to use is defined in 2 places throughout the scripts.

If this is not what you are after, give me a slap and i'll try to give the right info :D .

If you need any further details, give a yell.

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 17:04

Above info by Mark is indeed true!

BUT:
PSSs will be added, but not in Terran space. These already ahve a similar station, the Orbital Support Station, by default, which ships in goods by Atmospheric Lifter.

Future PSS locations include CBSE, Gaian Star, and the North and South east, not yet decided.
______
______

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:51

If this is not what you are after, give me a slap and i'll try to give the right info
Yep thats the one, just wanted to change its name. I burst out laughing when Betty cries **Undefined** Alpha.
PSSs will be added, but not in Terran space. These already ahve a similar station, the Orbital Support Station, by default, which ships in goods by Atmospheric Lifter.
Orbital Support Stations and Lifters actually works?? Didn't know that :p
Future PSS locations include CBSE, Gaian Star, and the North and South east, not yet decided.
Oh dear, another question then. Do PSS belong to a particular race or the race of its sector? If I destroy one, would they respawn? Having a pirate PSS in Gaian Star might make my patrols abit overzealous

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 11:46

Cadius
Oh dear, another question then. Do PSS belong to a particular race or the race of its sector? If I destroy one, would they respawn? Having a pirate PSS in Gaian Star might make my patrols abit overzealous
Oh Dear, you may wish to inform your patrols of this,
Lasertowers:
-> Not protecting stations correctly. - Fixed: Worked on it, got it to work, and got my ass shot off by them while testing.
PSS's belong to the race that controls the sector when they are constructed.
Every 3 hours approx the stations receive delveries from the planet, if the belivery ship reports back that the station no longer exists an EJone - Tech construction team will be dispatched to construct a replacement. They will also replace any missing Lasertowers lost due to overzealous patrols. However, you will not receive any compensation for any patrol ships that you WILL have lost :P
I burst out laughing when Betty cries **Undefined** Alpha.
Anyone caught laughing at PSS names may have their trading privilages revoked. :o This problem arrises from using sub standard equipment in your ships fitout, don't be tight, buy better equipment. :P Yhe names of the PSS's are clearly there on display, it is the software company responsable for the implementation of the Betty systems to improve its performance beyong that of my $2 elcheapo sports watch, not EJon - Tech. :D

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 14:56

Anyone got any problems with this anyway?

I feel it's time-ish for a update!

SOOOOO...

If I don't do my military plugin at some point I'll no doubt be back to this, adding more PSSs, setting up a few Smugglerz, maybe fix Spacefly Hunting, add a Terran Weapons Factory (and Aldrin factory) replacement script, add in some more factories of certain sorts... maybe include some MD missions if I can figure out how to use MD properly. And add a stock market. :lol:

What do you think?

Suggestions now!

Plus, Mark, you working on anything ATM? Not seen you do much for a while... still alive :roll: ?
______
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 22:19

I'm still rather concerned. Downloads for the fix is very small compared to original, which means a large number of people are either:

a- Not using it. Oh well.
b- Using it broked. :(
______
______

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 22:50

Are you saying that the first post was late in updating it's DL links?

I ReDowloaded just in case.

Eh, I will install it soonest - maybe in 15min or so. I'll just check it out a bit more and try to think of how it will affect my X-verse.

I am greatly interested in this script as I think it brings some more life into the game (and more make believe).

I am wondering - how script intensive is this. How many times does it run; what can I expect in CPU drainage?

Cheers and thanks!

EDIT: Funny, I never DL before; but I was aware of the script and had the intention of trying it out. End EDIT
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 22:53

CPU drainage? Hardly anything. The only checks it does are every 3 hours, and the rest is just when you activate its features like the Transporter Trading.

There's no real background tasking.
Are you saying that the first post was late in updating it's DL links?
The first post has a quote with the correct DL links in. The zip is on 33 downloads, and I'm pretty sure we had more than that for the original, that's why I was concerned.
______
______

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 23:02

Does the product slowly "dissolve" after the shuttle delivers them, or are they picked up by local traders? I don't want my game to become too easy :P

X3 is really nice to mod upon - I never played a game that was so easy to mod. With DoubleShadows tools and Exscriptor it really is a breeze.

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 23:03

(this is not a mod, it's only a plugin)

After the product is delivered the NPCs all rush to buy it, it doesn't dissolve. That'd make no sense. That'd be like the planet was using the resources, but it's the other way round at that point.

If you get what I mean. :lol:
______
______

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”