[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 07:46

is there a new link? File whatever won't let me download, and megaupload was raided by the FBI and New Zealands version of the FBI

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 06:43

I'm back.

Christ alive, it's been almost two years since I've had the X3 itch. Seems surprisingly little has changed about Terran Conflict despite what the patch notes led me to believe - this new version's pretty much minor catagory changes, as far as I can tell from scouring the last catalogues, and since putting those in didn't cause the game to crash ten seconds after startup it looks like it's good to go. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a few snafus hidden within, but again, considering how relatively minor the changes were it doesn't seem too likely.

Now, as far as Albion Prelude goes, I figure it's about high time I took a crack at it. Hopefully the differences between it and TC aren't too vast, so if I'm lucky I should be able to port over some of the bigger chunks of the source files over and then fiddle around with them to better fit with major changes AP DID enact.

EDIT: Wow. Looking through the AP catalogue files and using WinMerge to see how they differ, it turns out that there's not really a whole lot of new content. As far as backgrounds, bullets, lasers and missiles go I've pretty much copy+pasted stuff from NS TC into the AP build I'm doing - no new entries to have to worry about. I haven't touched cockpits and ships yet which HAS to have some new entries, but still, now I feel kind of silly for not doing this years ago considering how much little effort it's taken.

EDIT: Since I'm in the X modding mood, I'm going to throw out my first major idea for this season: what would you guys think of the idea of setting the gate network in a sort of "highway" fashion by setting them up in a crossway fashion at precisely 10 km above the sector plane and 10 km from the sector XY core? Rather than trucking through entire sectors, anyone passing through would only have to cross a 20 km expanse per sector and anybody with actual business in the sector would just dive down out of the traffic stream and head to their actual destination. Given that the typical gate is anywhere from 20 to 50 km from the sector core, this could decrease travel times by a staggering amount, and besides saving time the decreased travel requirements could also have major economic implications - shorter trade runs mean faster resupply, more continuous production, decreased liklihood of economic stagnation and factory decay. I think I'll do a test with the Terran sectors to see how it goes, and if things work out well I'll start forming a plan to spread it to the rest of the game map.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 00:48

Do you have an AP beta build for us to try?
I'd be willing to test this but I've come to loathe the galaxy selector in TC compared to the one in AP, I'm not going back :-)

The highway idea sounds awesome and would be worth a try, but it could also mean that the Xenon patrols lose a lot of their bite, they'd only be threatening through traffic, not the actual sector infrastructure.

For AP I would love to have jump beacons deployed in the middle of some of the larger sectors. Some sectors are so huge that nobody ever goes there to do trading. Emperor's Wisdom comes to mind, for example. Those sectors basically starve to death in every game.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:32

Fnord Lightbringer wrote:Do you have an AP beta build for us to try?
I'd be willing to test this but I've come to loathe the galaxy selector in TC compared to the one in AP, I'm not going back :-)
What do you think I've been doing all week? Do take note that it's really just the core essence of the mod, ships and guns and bullets and shields and the like - things like the waretemplate and universe file are going to require a lot more work and TC scripts may be a crapshoot due to AP changes.

Anyway, some notes regarding some of the new ships included in AP compared to TC:

* The "luxury yachts" presented a couple of problems. In-game descriptions make them out to be rather feckless little compensators, but for a game that's really kind of the OPPOSITE thing you really want - TPs are already marginalized enough compared to other ship types, so who wants another batch of equally-marginalized ships? Thus I decided to treat them as "boarding corvettes" - even better shielding and weapon power capacity than M6+ varients that puts them nicely inbetween M6 and M7 (interestingly the very concept used for the Hyperion, which is the base that spawned the luxury yacht craze). The heavier shielding and weapon energy lets a skillful pilot whittle down a target's shields (or simply stay alive while a more powerful ship does it as opposed to imploding spectacularly like a TP tends to if a big ship looks at it) and then swoop in to launch a bunch of marines

* Ships like the Albion Pride and AP Gunner, in keeping a bit with their original vanilla loadouts, are treated as "strike corvettes" capable of mounting capital-grade weapons like PPCs and PBCs in their main gun slots - useful for devestating precision attacks on single targets, though the reduced gun counts make them less useful in other situations.

* The new Drone Carriers are divided into "light" and "heavy" varients based on their weapon mountings - ships like the Griffon are considered "heavy" DCs and as such split their energy between shielding and weapon energy a lot more than carriers tend to, but are also a bit more slower, matched to their race's respective missile frigates. "Light" carriers like the Boron one are faster (same speed as regular M7s) and have a heck of a lot more shielding, but with only the minimum of weapon energy capacity to let them defend themselves.

* And then of course the big damn M2Ps like the Kyoto and Megadalon and the I are treated as M0s in the same fashion as the Valhalla.
The highway idea sounds awesome and would be worth a try, but it could also mean that the Xenon patrols lose a lot of their bite, they'd only be threatening through traffic, not the actual sector infrastructure.
In putting more thought of implimentation into it, I think any kind of an NS-included "highway" system is probably going to be limited to Terran sectors - while it'd be nice to do something like that throughout the whole galaxy that would also require a massive amount of in-system manual checks in order to ensure that things don't screw up, not to mention a lot of changing of existing object placement (asteroids in particular). A script-based system that deletes currently-existing asteroids and aligns gates would probably work much better.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 07:40

Just as a heads-up, next version of NSAP is just about ready - thankfully I was able to (mostly) use the WareTemplate file from the TC version after adding in the stock exchange stations at the end and then it was just a matter of tweaking the map files to get rid of pre-established wares at shipyards and trading docks, upgrade mines and SPPs to XL versions, so on and so on.

Only thing that's holding it up is that, for whatever reason, Argon Shipyards (the regular kind) aren't reading their part of the WareTemplate file properly and as such default to Water, yet the _BIG version (Cloudbase SE) and all the others _BIG and otherwise are working flawlessly. I wanna' try and iron that out before I do a release, but if not I'll port over the WareTemplate data to the map shipyard entries as a temporary fix.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 23:46

I know what you're asking, and I've got two words for you: Dwarf Fortress.

Anyway, new version of the AP Shuffle that finally forwards the more economic and scripty bits as well as introducing a few things I've been thinking of:

* Fixed the Terran start to use a full proper loadout. The others not so much, unfortunetily, since this was a bit of a backburner item.
* Fixed a few turret compatability issues, things like inappropriate guns being removed, appropriate ones added, mostly centered around M7 turrets.
* Changes the scene model for base Commonwealth shipyards to that of the Headquarters to permit for greater ship- and station-buying capacities in any one given instance. Terran shipyards and equipment docks got changed to the Terran HQ model. The Terran supply docks and stock exchange got knocked down to a smaller model to reduce their interference with navigation.
* Introduces a "Hauler" subset of race M1s for industrialists looking for better security and raw carrying capacity for their TL fleets. M1 Haulers (though technically TLs now, so you might see them pop up as supply ships) strip out almost all of the fighter carrying capacity (a single fighter can be docked for personal transport) and instead use the space for carrier storage and logistics for cargo at a rate of 3000 units per fighter (assuming a 10x5x30 meter fighter profile as seen by visual comparisons of M3s and that a carrier needs to donate as much space to launching tubes, landing decks and internal runways as it does to actual fighter storage). Depending on the race this can give the M1 Haulers tremendous storage capacity versus their regular TLs (Argon and Split versions particularly, though Teladi actually LOSE volume but at the boon of being basically indestructable) though on a value basis are generally less cost-effective for the hauling capacity permitted. Ship prices use M1 base values since I didn't want to futz around with the prices just yet (and reminds me that I STILL need to find a decent equation to develop a ship pricing guideline like I did with weapons...)

discharge
x3ap

Post by discharge » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 03:29

The Geochan costs 200mil and the argon equivalent (Phantom) costs 20mil
was that intentional or a typo?

This mod is the only reason i reinstalled x3, great job on it

EDIT: Wrong Griffon variant was used. AP variant has 22 ship docks
the one used is the special variant and only has 9 docks but is otherwise stronger.
You woke me up for this??!!

Dunamis
x3tc

Post by Dunamis » Thu, 4. Dec 14, 05:03

Hello! I'm having trouble downloading the energy cell eliminator mod. The download links seem to be nonfunctional.

Is there a more up to date link I should be using? Thanks for the help!!!

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Feature requests

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 18:01

1. optional IEX integration

2. create variants of the freighters that move faster but can't carry XL cargo.
Maybe use the Tanker and Tanker XL variants for this.
And bump up Super Freighter to the cargo capacity of Super Freighter XL but without the XL cargo and add speed instead. Currently the Super Freighter variants are completely useless. Mercury Super Freighter is slower and more expensive than Mercury Hauler yet costs more.

I saw this in a mod once and loved it. You only really need XL cargo for mines, and the other cargo is better served with speedier delivery.

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Why modify things other than the ships?

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Mon, 17. Aug 15, 17:17

I like naval shuffle a lot but I really really don't like that you touched the prices of the wares, and the rest of the universe. There was reasoning behind the fact that for Teladi the variance was higher, for example. Now it's all the same.

The variance for silicon is gone, too, now. It used to be profitable to deal in silicon. Now it's not.

Also, since all mines are now XXL variants, and there is an abundance of solar power plants everywhere, it is much less profitable to make money with energy or minerals, period. That used to be how I financed my other endeavors. Now apparently you are supposed to just build missile and shield factories and sell to equipment docks.

I would like to have a version of naval shuffle without those gratuitous changes.

Mods are supposed to give players more options how to play a game, not less.

PhantomKnight4420

just wondering....

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 03:46

Id love to install this mod but would like to know the compatibility of these scripts with this one... (Cheat mode of cours cuz i'll be dammed if I starting from scratch again!!!)

Improved races / Imperial labs / Pirate guild 3 / Yaki armada 2 or 3 if there is one / Phanon corp / Bounce / Arnarkis defence system / Codea / Remove rocks from the universe / Mars / remove prefix Your from player property /No notoriety loss from hitting jump-gate / jump point ,builds gates / missile safety / missile monitor / square galaxy map / ai npc boarding /super tractor /revelations / No suns / no ads sign / No fog / No civilians / No Floating icons / no ring gate mod / tubeless complex mod / auto prep ships /rms sector management and a exploration & sat deployment script not sure which 1 is better there are a few / if there is any way to add the hull pack from xrm? / improved boarding / advanced hyperdrive / remove key to turn classic flight mode /auto scan smugglers / convoy control / remove missile warning beeps /holy asteroids mode / xtra ship/station pack / ship show case from expnobody and the mi1/m2 ++ from extended ....I know that the shipyard/phq in navel shuffle creates ships instantly but id like it set back to the original build times (Reason being the need to have more then one shipyard ;) and a valuble asset to defend , to bad it can't build more then 1 ship at a time with all those docking slots but o well/ and last but not least someone who would know how to properly install them for profit$$$$ when I get my new computer.... any 1 who is interested can contact me at mistermichael4420 @yahoo.com
ps.. this will be for x3tc not ap cuz imo the war between argons and terrans is stupid, they should be allied not enemies, but atleast in tc they are neutral... would someone be willing to do a walk through/ play through review like with xrm ? on youtube ,that would be sweet...

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 14. Oct 16, 17:11

Sorenson wrote:The Other Crap I've Been Working On post

Energy Cell Eliminator and its newborn megaupload Clone

Do you find the idea of space-faring civilizations capable of razing entire planets relying on solar power plants for their industrial energy needs laughable? Are you sick of having your entire industrial empire being limited by the relative scarcity of silicon? The Energy Cell Eliminator frees you from the shackles of Big Solar by eliminating the need for energy cells from your stations, and comes in a variety of flavors to suit a variety of preferences. Energy cells can be eliminated either from mines, thus freeing the energy cells otherwise invested into further EC production for use in other goods, or from all stations outright, and can be eliminated either from only player stations or from ALL stations of that particular type.

To install, extract ONE ECfree script and its corrisponding setup.ECFree script into your \scripts directory. I'd've included .spks as well, but the spk packager was acting weird and throwing in other files than what should've been there.

The basis of this mod was formed from the nividium.processing.plant script from Nividium's script of the same name: considering the mechanical nessecity and inevitability of almost every component of the script set, however, I believe there to be no issue in the release of this pack as such, not to mention that I've his permission from months ago to use the script for the Shuffle.

Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo

Are you the type of person who wants their stations - and other objects, for that matter - in specific positions at specific angles, down to the very millimeter? Have you bemoaned the lack of precise object movement scripts, being forced to make do with cluttersome hotkey bundles that don't quite go far enough? Fret no more! With the Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo, you're just one Custom Command away from the object arrangement of your dreams! Just target the object you wish to move, activate the Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo, enter the X, Y and Z coordinates and Alpha, Beta and Gamma rotation values you wish your target to have, and PRESTO! Instant alignment, down to the meter! And for those of you on the run or who just want to give your target a quick move to a general location, Stupdneously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo - Lite lets you choose a sector* and position and whisks your target away instantly!

* Trans-sector relocation only available to ships and select objects, stations and asteroids and other similar bodies need not apply

Should you find yourself dissatisfied with the Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo, uninstallation is a breeze! Just run the hotkey removal script (uninstall.SPERG.Hotkey) save your progress and uninstall via your main script manager, and your interface will be none the wiser!

(The basis of this mod was formed from Grax's move/rotate objects hotkey stuff, but it's been so boiled down and condensed and stripped to its absolute essential that frankly there's no way ANYBODY can really claim this as "their" script.)

How do I uninstall Energy Cell Eliminator? I deleted the files from my scripts folder, but new factories still do not have energy cells as a resource.

Edit: I deleted the two scripts, and loaded a save from before I installed this, factories require energy cells again.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 13:12

trying to find a download link for energy cell eliminator tried searching on game front for CELL or ENERGY or ELIMINATOR and all i get is this

"No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments."

Anyone got a direct link please

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 21:26

Available on xdownloads:

[ external image ]

Plus Skydrive/Onedrive mirror:

[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Re: [3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 18:49

Heads up: This mod is missing several new x3ap ships like the Argon Lotan and the Split Acinonyx Prototype and Pteranodon, that are used in the shady business plot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”