[Script][04-03-10] MarCon Ship Onboard Computer System Interface : [ V2 ]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 18:05

lordmuck

I've sent you a PM with the changed script.

Enjoy :D

MarCon

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 21:15

Thanks a lot :) m8 downloaded, will set it up soon need a brake for a min :P

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 21:40

Started using this and find it very information rich and enjoyable.

1. When scanning ships that you don't own from the menu you get all there information - what they are carrying and what they trade in and so on. If there could be some limitations on this information that would be more inline with the rest. E.g. cargo scanner/hacking chip/advanced satellite in the sector where the ship you are trying to scan is - something along those lines. And/or a monetary hacking cost that rises for the ship type maybe?

2. When using the menu and choosing a ship, is there any way to jump to that ships command menu, or is it possible to implement?

3. EDIT: Adding ships to shipyards. Nice function. It gives the impression that you will "deal" with the shipyard to add the ship. A monetary cost here too maybe? I don't know how to balance this; I think maybe I'll stay away from this - it feels like I am cheating adding ships just like that :P

4. I'll get to a four eventually.....

EDIT: Ah yes; got something for ya. I've set the hotkey but in Cycrows configuration menu it says no hotkey is set. Installed Cycrows hotkey manager and community plugin.

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 12:19

Locksley

1. i've tried not to impose any more restrictions on the player than i have to and rather the player impose their own restrictions, if you don't like the way it works then don't use it or come up with your own rashional for it. Some menus that have access to the ships information menu do impose some restritions as in needing Adv sats in sectors etc. However, i have noticed a bug with the 'View Race Ships' from the Sat Surv Dev showing all ships in a sector even without a sat of either variety in the sector, this will be fixed in the next release.

2. Yes it is possable to call the command menu. It is not straight forward though and requires a workaround to get it to work. As at the last release i havge enough going on in the way of additions and didn't want to push my luck with anything else. I will look at the possability for the next release but no promises. If it can not be done in a stable way it will not be included.

3. (I see you thought of something) The Adding of ships to shipyards was going to be a stand anlone script to be used as a utility for making added ships via Mods that were not available to purchase, purchaseable. I added it into the menu at the last moment just to keep thing consolidated. Due to RL if i had not done it this way it would not have been released at all for quite some time. So as a result there is no cost at present, it is there as a utility of as an added bonus if you wish to use it. And then as you said, how to implement and at what cost ect.

4. When you do, get back to me :)

As for the community config menu , it calls the standard options menu and the problem, which i had not noticed until now, is in it via both opening methods. So BUG ! I'LL look into this further to determine the cause. I am assuming that it has allowed you to set a Hotkey and that it works? I only got this problem to appaer after installing onto a new load of TC so im thinking it is not setting the option display correctly.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

MarCon

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 15:35

1. Ship Info. You are right; it is of little consequence and I can easily restrain myself to only use it when I am IS with a ship with a Cargo Scanner (dunno if I can stop myself from checking ships on the edge of scanner range though :P )

2. I don't mind the colours, and they give you instant information about the situation - one can only memorise so many acronyms so colours help allot.

3. I guess all your scripts just run on activation in the menu, no background tasks?

4. I just LOVE your diplomacy part - I always wonder about pirate rep and such.

5. Takes awhile to wrap your head about so I can just imagine how it was scripting it :D

Cheers!
Projects:

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 17:25

Locksley

1. Construction tolerences in Cargo Scanners may lead to variences in their range, but their stated range would be a Quality control minimum. 8)

2. I think you can convey information quickly with colors and i've tried to standardise the colors over all the menus as much as possable so the same color in 2 different menus means the same thing. Not always possable but i've tried.

3. No backround tasks at all. All scripts only run when you make a selection from a menu and then stop. When you close the main menu there are no scripts at all left running.

4. You can thank 'Nho' for that, it was their request that it be added.

5. If i had sat down at the start and thought, ok, i'm going to build a script pack that does all that, No freakin way would i have done it! :o But it just kind of grew and grew until it became what it is. I think at last count it was 63 seperate scripts all interacting together and interlinked.

So have fun playing with it and see just how many interlinks you can spot. There is lots of menus and information to explore.

And if you have a request, let me know, you just never know your luck, i just might add it if possable and it fits in with the theme of the script.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

MarCon

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Thu, 6. May 10, 11:47

I'm wondering...
I am using Draffutt's fixes and he adds Yaki and Pirate rankings but they don't show up when using the diplomatic menu. Any easy way to enable that? I can do it myself (I hope) if you give me some advice on where in the code I should look - and what script.

I've deleted the original 0004-L044.pck so that Draffutt's should get presidency.

And I saw one menu where the text disappeared out in the marginal, it was on a "description" on what the command do. I will find the menu where it happen and post back later.

Cheers!
Projects:

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 6. May 10, 12:06

Locksley

Pirates and Yaki are already available from the Race selection menu. What is it that its not showing? I need to know this so i can advice you on what you want.
And I saw one menu where the text disappeared out in the marginal, it was on a "description" on what the command do.
:D ..... I know the one :oops: But i'm glad to know someone is using those screens.

Or, are you talking about the one on the Main Menu screen that looks like Running Co... that should be Running Command. ?

MarCon

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 6. May 10, 13:18

Locksley wrote:I'm wondering...
I am using Draffutt's fixes and he adds Yaki and Pirate rankings but they don't show up when using the diplomatic menu. Any easy way to enable that? I can do it myself (I hope) if you give me some advice on where in the code I should look - and what script.

I've deleted the original 0004-L044.pck so that Draffutt's should get presidency.

Cheers!
in the diplomatic menu we get to chose the races click add ALL, I get everything in the list. from xenon Kha'ak , unknown, friendly race and so on yaki and pirates are listed. I use this to check up on MBR on fresh installs just to see if the races I selected to go to war with each other and that there relations are as they should be .

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Thu, 6. May 10, 21:38

mark_a_condren wrote:Locksley

Pirates and Yaki are already available from the Race selection menu. What is it that its not showing? I need to know this so i can advice you on what you want.
And I saw one menu where the text disappeared out in the marginal, it was on a "description" on what the command do.
:D ..... I know the one :oops: But i'm glad to know someone is using those screens.

Or, are you talking about the one on the Main Menu screen that looks like Running Co... that should be Running Command. ?

MarCon
Well, Draffutt came up with some nifty ranking names instead of ”No information available". I was wondering what script to look at so I can link it to the correct rank name in the t page. I thought it would work without any fidling but it seems the ranking structure is different than what I thought. Hmm, there are some few things I will try when I get home.
EDIT - Right, got home.
Anyway, here is the Ranks Draffutt has made, there in the 0004-L044 file.

Code: Select all

- <page id="350029" title="Yaki rank" descr="Yaki rank" voice="no">
  <t id="95">Chishio Teki (blood enemy)</t> 
  <t id="96">Teki (enemy)</t> 
  <t id="97">Mizu Shobai (yaki entertainer)</t> 
  <t id="98">Boryokudan (the violent ones)</t> 
  <t id="99">Boszuku (speed tribes)</t> 
  <t id="100">Tekiya (peddler)</t> 
  <t id="101">Bakuto (gambler)</t> 
  <t id="102">Wakashu (junior leaders)</t> 
  <t id="103">Shatei (younger brothers)</t> 
  <t id="104">Shateigashira-Hosa (lesser regional boss assistant)</t> 
  <t id="105">Shateigashira (lesser regional boss)</t> 
  <t id="106">Fuku-Honbucho (number-two man assistant)</t> 
  <t id="107">Wakagashira (number-two man)</t> 
  <t id="108">So-Honbuncho (headquarters chief)</t> 
  <t id="109">Saiko Komon (senior adviser)</t> 
  <t id="110">Kumicho (supreme boss)</t> 
  </page>
- <page id="350827" title="Pirate rank" descr="Pirate rank" voice="no">
  <t id="95">Enemy of the pirate clans</t> 
  <t id="96">Bounty hunter</t> 
  <t id="97">Police assistant</t> 
  <t id="98">Police sympathizer</t> 
  <t id="99">Syspected informer</t> 
  <t id="100">Worthless prey</t> 
  <t id="101">Honest trader</t> 
  <t id="102">Pirate sympathizer</t> 
  <t id="103">Pirate friend</t> 
  <t id="104">Privateer</t> 
  <t id="105">Runner</t> 
  <t id="106">Smuggler</t> 
  <t id="107">Renowned pirate</t> 
  <t id="108">Clan boss</t> 
  <t id="109">Founder of the clan</t> 
  <t id="110">Most wanted</t> 
  </page>
- <page id="350828" title="Kha'ak rank" descr="Kha'ak rank" voice="no">
  <t id="95">Defiler of the hive</t> 
  <t id="96">Scourge of the hive</t> 
  <t id="97">Menace of the hive</t> 
  <t id="98">Disruptor of the hive</t> 
  <t id="99">Harasser of the hive</t> 
  <t id="100">Drone</t> 
  <t id="101">Youngling</t> 
  <t id="102">Worker</t> 
  <t id="103">Broodling</t> 
  <t id="104">Grunt</t> 
  <t id="105">Brute</t> 
  <t id="106">Swarmer</t> 
  <t id="107">Swarm leader</t> 
  <t id="108">Caretaker</t> 
  <t id="109">Guardian</t> 
  <t id="110">Den Mother</t
Projects:

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 7. May 10, 13:27

Locksley

I installed Draffutts fixes to see what i could come up with and after quite some time making attemps i'm afraid your out of luck atm. The game will not read the changes made by Draffutts fixes. It may be that the game does not have an internal reference to them.

I did read in Draffutts OP that these titles are not available to the vannila game. He may have included them to be available to scripters to reference seperatly.

The script could be adapted to take advantage of this, however it would require some time and effort to incorperate the required checks to tell the script to look in a different location based on races being checked and there relation value to each other.

At present i do not have the time to sit and incorperate this feature.

you would also have to make a decisions on the values that change your relation to the next one. 0 -1000 'Worthless prey' then 1001 - 5000 'Honest trader' etc. and adjust the read text ref accordingly.

If you wish to try this yourself, by all means do so, the file with all the Race relation scripting is,
'mc.Pub.Rel.Race.Relations'

If you need any further help ask, i'll help if i can.

MarCon

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 7. May 10, 20:54

Thank you, I had a look and scratched my head :wink:

I'm going to do some major modding on my game so I think when I do something I will put my energy there for now - also learning XML to hopefully start doing missions and stuff in the far future (in a galaxy far away....). Or maybe I will get something done relative fast for a change, we will see.

Cheers!
Projects:

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 12:40

Heya MarCon

Back to TC after several monthes, here is the little feedback I promised before I left.

- Much more user friendly menu, but still, there are so many options, I was wondering if it was possible to add a folding menu option. This way we could keep the options we use the most opened, and fold the others. This is a perfectionist point of view, I know, and I just phrase it because I have to say something :P Overall, the menu is really nice looking.

- Diplomatic panel is great! (thank you). No restriction added here, actually it would probably have been a lot of trouble for a irrelevant gameplay addition. But being able to see the races relations is a HUGE addition - for me at least!

- mmh... maybe more will come later. And looking forward to see your new project taking shape.

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 12:52

I forgot something: What could be a nice addition to the "my factories viewer" is the product cost in a complex or, why not, a product price calculator to help setting prices in a complex, with the average price of wares/products in the neighbouring sectors and a beer please.

[Edit] Actually I m not a beer drinker, a coffee would be better

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 13:02

Hi Nho,

Glad to see you around again, thought you'd been abducted by Paranid secret service as a diplomatic spy or something. Turned into a foot massager for the High Priest.
I was wondering if it was possible to add a folding menu option.
Gulp ... splutter .. splutter :o LOL hehe. I'm amazed that the amount of menu switching that goes on in that menu now even works. But i must conceed that i can see your point. See what happens when i do another update on it.
And looking forward to see your new project taking shape.
Coming along one bit at a time, then go back and fix broken bit LOL.
There have been 2 others since this, you may like to check them out.

Thankyou for the feedback.

EDIT:
I forgot something:
I think it should be you getting me the coffee, and LOTS of it.

MarCon

charlie41

Post by charlie41 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 20:16

Links seem to be broken. I can't get this on FileFront. Anyone else got a working link?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 05:29

charlie41

It would seem that filefront is having a few bugs with their new site layout. If it's not fixed very soon i'll change the download links to a different site.

Sorry for the trouble, hopefully they have it fixed soon.

MarCon

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 06:23

Still can't download this, am starting a new game tonight, and would really like to use it. Any chance of mirroring it somewhere else (anyone)?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 07:04

Hi All,

Ok, Filefront is having a fit, so here are some temporary Dowload Links. (They may become permanent yet, if Filefront keeps being a problem)

SPK:
MarCon Ind - Ship Onboard Computer System Interface (SPK Version)

ZIP:
MarCon Ind - Ship Onboard Computer System Interface (ZIP Version)

These links will also be posted in the OP

Sorry for the hassles people.

EDIT:
Must be nearly time for this to get another update to i think. V3 ideas anyone ?

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Thu, 22. Jul 10, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 07:12

Thank you very much for the quick resolution. :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”