[Script][04-03-10] MarCon Ship Onboard Computer System Interface : [ V2 ]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 07:16

Hi Spectre84,

Just letting you know that i'm doing some work on the 'jump' script you posted about. Q, Do you want to be able to jump any of your ships inc playership? (as long as they have JD installed of course).

The script i'm working on should allow for any of your ships with JD to use it. Getting the sellection parts down to a min of menus is hard, just trying to keep it simple and quick (the hardest type to script by the way).

It will use ecells if avail and shield energy if not (can't come up with a way of justifying it costing credits and still sound plausible )

Shield energy jumps will prob just be to a random location in the target sector, no targeting allowed. It is a emergency jump after all and no time for precise targeting, just "get us to that sector NOW!" or "get us the hell outta here NOW! anywhere in another sector will do, just try not to hit the big station in the middle."

Atm, i've got it so the first menu asks 'player ship' or 'other ship' if playership, it asks for destination location if you have ecells, otherwise you just get to choose the target sector. If 'other ship' you get asked for some letters for a sector name, then some letters from a ship name. Then you get a menu of sectors and ship names from what you put in. Just select the ship you want from those listed, only ships with JD's are listed. If it has enough ecells onboard to jump to that sector you get a sector and location choice as target, otherwise just a sector can be chosen (and bye bye shields).

It's still very much a WIP, but i'm sure i remember you volunteering to be a test bunny for it :P .

I would like your thoughts on how to access the menu, Hotkey, via MarCon menu, via nav in player ships command menu, etc ...

There are still a lot of details to be worked out too. re, followers ships, do carriers wait for ships to dock or jump without them. Do carrier's emergency transport undocked support craft onboard when req'd to quick jump, and the cost of doing this etc etc .... i think you get the idea.

Don't you just love all the choices you have to make just for a simple 'jump script' :o

Looking forward to your responce.

BTW, i've had a piece of paper stuck on my computer room wall with 'rewrite Marcon main menu and clean up all code' for some time now. Every time i look at it i go :cry: :cry: :cry: :rant:

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 13:12

Hi Marcon

Happy New Year from the UK - I have got a banging headache and lost my voice so I must have had a good night :)

Yes I would say shield energy if there are no ecells is ok and I agree costing credits is implausible.

Yep random location sounds good.

For the player ship do you still get asked for a few letters for the sector name as the biggest problem for me is flitting around the map trying to find the sector being attacked - the other ship part looks ok we can try that out.

I'm hopping already

I actually access the marcon menu through the community script menu - one hotkey press and one mouse click and I'm there so I would say the Marcon main menu for now? and maybe move it / hot key it after some testing if it is not too much of a pain to do afterwards

Perhaps just one question for playership - do you want followers to jump - y yes? n no? For carrier support ships that is a bit of a tough one - if you make the carrier wait it will probably be destroyed - in a "real" situation the carrier would wait until the very last minute before jumping out and leaving anyone behind; I suppose this could be simulated with a dock ships command and jump when shields hit 5% or something before leaving the rest behind but for simplicity, playability and avoiding possible conflicts with other carrier command scripts just jump the whole lot out and strip all the shields?

Main menu looks ok to me :?

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 11:08

Hate to perform thread necromancy here, but does anyone know if this works in X3AP?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 15:47

Make a backup of your saves and try it out. Most scripts for TC are compatible with AP and judging from the OP there is no reason, why it shouldn't work with AP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 16:10

Not sure how I missed this, but it's very impressive. Despite all the complaints about bright colors... It's easy to read and locate what you're looking for.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 08:18

Wow ... been a while since i looked at this script package ...

Like X2-Illuminatus said, it should work with AP ok, but do make a backup of your saves first before trying it just to be on the safe side (its a good practice for any scripts to be honest)

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 12:35

Hi, I seem to have got the X3 itch again after only just noticing AP (well its only been released a year doh!) so I will be trying this great script out again so I will report if it works ok.

Marcon have you not finished my requests yet? hehe

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 04:39

@ Spectre84

Hi ... it's been a while :)
Marcon have you not finished my requests yet? hehe
Umm ... Nope :oops:

It's been a looooooong time since i did anything on this script, and don't see that changing any time soon.

If you do use it with AP and come across any problems pls post them here, if nothing else it will let others know what to watch out for.

I hope you enjoy your return to the X universe :)

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 12:20

@ Marcon

Yes it has been so long I can't remember what I did to get a lot of things working with each other with false patches and t file edits etc. it's like learning it all over again. I've spet a lot more time setting everything up than actually playing it. you would probably get the 'duh what the hell did I do that for' even if you did pick it up again hehe.

Looking back to my posts on the previous page it seems they have actually included some of the requests like sector sorter in the vanilla AP, yay result.

Anyway, this works fine with AP and no problems so far.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 16:42

@ Spectre84
... 'duh what the hell did I do that for' ...
Yeah, kinda like :o ... :? ... :oops:

Looking back to my posts on the previous page it seems they have actually included some of the requests like sector sorter in the vanilla AP, yay result.
You can thank CBJ for most of the sorting and cosmetic changes in APs menus etc. I can remember the odd @#$%^&* coming from his general direction while we were working on it. It wasn't a good time to 'interupt' him if you get my drift.

Anyway, this works fine with AP and no problems so far.
Bonus :thumb_up:

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”