[MOD] Immersive environments 1.1 [09-11-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 00:36

Wow... I'm loving these screenshots... awesome stuff here can't wait until the mod is complete

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 01:12

djrygar wrote:I am not kidding.

I loaded it and there is:
<alter_sector>, params are: background, size, population, musicid, security

and second: <load_map>, description of it: "Loads data from a map file into current universe"

also there is whole set of commands like <create_planet>, <create_sun> and they might be useable - I think x3_universe.xml can be loaded and parsed as any other file. So, it seems doable. But never been playing with that so cannot be sure.
Go ahead then, do magic! The MD makes my head spin :P

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 01:12

Requiemfang wrote:Wow... I'm loving these screenshots... awesome stuff here can't wait until the mod is complete
What he said...
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
ImageImageImage
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 01:32

I'll wait until this mod will be released. I am using "Sector Size and Background MOD" myself. While I like new sector sizes and fabs, 'the 'improved' backgrounds look terrible for me, so I already planned to join them together anyway, when Connary will finish his work, as I feel his backgrounds really seem to be improved, and I see some good taste and approach here. But I'll wait, SSBM looked nice on pictures also, but very bad in actual game, so I want to check it first.

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 02:32

Connary?
As in the Connary making the Compendium for TES? :o

Your magic has gone to X3 as well!!!!

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 11:50

Hello Lettuceman¡¡ :D
I need some rest for the sword and magic side of things.
Fly trough space its a very pleasant change in the meantime.
djrygar
I'll wait until this mod will be released. I am using "Sector Size and Background MOD" myself. While I like new sector sizes and fabs, 'the 'improved' backgrounds look terrible for me, so I already planned to join them together anyway, when Connary will finish his work, as I feel his backgrounds really seem to be improved, and I see some good taste and approach here. But I'll wait, SSBM looked nice on pictures also, but very bad in actual game, so I want to check it first.
Right decision. I will upload a beta then all of people interested can take a look and discuss the possible improvements and the fiascos that need some change.

It is possible for you to take an approach and make available the universe scripts? This will be an important add on for this mod but also for others. If you answer its no i will make a request topic using the info you put on here.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 17:37

The Khaak sectors are just awesome.
definitely put a smile on my face.
nice work :D
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:30

seems it bit more complicated. I did not found any way to load separate map, so script cannot just read and ajdust suns/planets etc to new data (so all those <create_sun> and similar commands will be unusable), as I initially thought
But I have another idea.

<load_map> probably resets whole universe, fabs and etc to the state defined in new x3_universe.xml (I will check it, but i guess it's exactly how its done), so it will probably destroy all player's fabs.
so maybe it should work like this: record all fabs owned by player (with its positions), then load new universe, recreate fabs. Player must reconnect all fabs to hubs (cheat - fill TL with 30 complex contruction kits). BIt of hassle, not fully automated, but still player will save all progress he made in plot missions, save ships etc. I guess reconnecting fabs will take much less time than starting all over again.

But this is bit more complicated, and I am new do MD, and poor scripter in general (im in graphics departament in general ;) ), so this approach may be too complicated for me - I'm still on the level of designing simple missions ;)

well, when you post beta, I'll check how <load_map> actually works.
Last edited by djrygar on Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:45

Hey Connary. I understand what you mean about needing to get away from swords and magic. I need to myself.
I was just surprised to find you here.
I'm just happy that you are using your talent for X3. :D

Now for some feedback.
Overall, things are looking great!
A few things I'd like to compliment.
The Khaak sectors. It really fits with the Khaak, it has this very alien feel to it. Its great.
The nightlife textures for the planets look immersive.

Actually, I'm trying to find something that doesn't look right, and I really can't find anything. Except for maybe some extreme redness, but thats ok :P

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 01:21

I started with some fog sectors. Im changing the bod scene of this backgrounds cause the original work only with the same low res dust texture for the background and the floating dust. I like more the results using a scene from other sector and applying a new dust/vapor texture on top of a high res background but using more dust bodies into the sector.
The new dust design looks like fly through a dense vapour without the flashing nebulas in front of the ship nose.

Added the blue fog sector. The vanilla one is green and we can find two green fog sectors very seemed. This is the reason i decided to work with a blue color like the name of the sector.

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 14:13

when do you think your mod will be ready for a beta/release? :?

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 23:37

When its done. Sorry Adecoy i cant give to you a release date.
I decided to check every sector before to release the beta to avoid a long quantity of updates for a mod of 300 Mb.
I will create my desired and finished mod and then i will start a short beta period to get the peoples help trying to find some mistakes or bad decisions.
Its not a long way to go.

Mod update: I changed the planet clouds. In the original texture appear a mistake that clonates the clouds side by side creating a ugly effect of repetition. Clonated clouds has been deleted.

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 15:19

Purple outlands, deep blue and blue nexus sectors added¡¡

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 18:48

Hmm for some reason i no longer can see the thumbnails... no big issue though...

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 15:07

Outstanding work, looking foward to this.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”