[MOD] Immersive environments 1.1 [09-11-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 26. May 12, 23:57

Are you playing TC or AP?

If it is AP you need to also put the IE cat/dat files in the 'addon' directory as 03.cat/dat. Or you might get some strange results.

The problem is that IE pre-dated the release of AP and so if you're playing AP you might be better off also using IEX as that uses IE as a base layer and then adds new stuff as well as making it compatible with AP.

EDIT: For comparison purposes, the IEX 'Saturn' sector should look like this...
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Mon, 28. May 12, 15:46

Im using TC. Even Mars looks strange. It looks like all the color has been drained from the planet.
I'm using IEX on top of IE in TC.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 21:42

*bump*

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 21:50

Deeparth wrote:Im using TC. Even Mars looks strange. It looks like all the color has been drained from the planet.
I'm using IEX on top of IE in TC.
Can you show me a picture of "your" MARS please.
[ external image ]

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 17:56

Looks quite exquisite! I would just make the Sun smaller at the gas giant sectors (Jupiter - Neptune) like in real life. By the way, will this (or most possibly) be compatible with the new version of XTC? And is it compatible with XRM?
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 18:56

Helios01 wrote:Looks quite exquisite! I would just make the Sun smaller at the gas giant sectors (Jupiter - Neptune) like in real life. By the way, will this (or most possibly) be compatible with the new version of XTC? And is it compatible with XRM?
You might want to look at IEX which uses connary's mod as a base and is both TC, AP compatible and has an XRM map for both also (XRMi). Amongst other things I have tried to further "improve" the Solar System somewhat by shrinking the sun as you get further out away from Sol .

I may make IEX XTC compatible also, once 2.0 is out.... but it'll take some work.
[ external image ]

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 21:55

Moonrat wrote:
Helios01 wrote:Looks quite exquisite! I would just make the Sun smaller at the gas giant sectors (Jupiter - Neptune) like in real life. By the way, will this (or most possibly) be compatible with the new version of XTC? And is it compatible with XRM?
You might want to look at IEX which uses connary's mod as a base and is both TC, AP compatible and has an XRM map for both also (XRMi). Amongst other things I have tried to further "improve" the Solar System somewhat by shrinking the sun as you get further out away from Sol .

I may make IEX XTC compatible also, once 2.0 is out.... but it'll take some work.
Well, currently I have a weak PC but I already bought Superbox so I am just deciding which scripts and mods to download when I get a new computer, so I won't need to struggle for long. So your modification is better than this one? I checked the pictures, looks very neat, just the Sun could be even smaller. Oh and I saw 2 stars at one picture taken from one of Saturn moon's sector I think.

Anyways, your mod looks way more realistic in the solar system so thanks for the tip, I'll surely download it and watch for updates, if it really is fully compatible with the XRM and will be with the new XTC ;)
By the way, here is how the Sun size should look like, just for orientational information
[ external image ]
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 22:24

Helios01 wrote:So your modification is better than this one?
Nope, connary's is a pre-requisite and appears in many of the sectors, without his in place IEX would not be what it is. I have added more backgrounds, planet/moon textures plus a few other tweaks... and more importantly made everything compatible with both AP and XRM.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”