[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada 2 - Beta Build 210 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 21:19

They will also repair, rearm and refuel at any pirate base when needed. Destroyed carriers will of course respawn after a random while.
Yaki are enemy to pirates by default and capitalships can't dock at Piratebases. how did you solve that? Imo they should just jump home to their shipyard instead. Plausible and perhaps easier.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 21:42

@Shannon Maricle:

Well it has to be tested first, maybe it'll work (by pure luck), but it's unlikely imho.

@Happyblue:

Well, the test version won't use ADS at all, like i said on my website, yaki mothership will be sitting ducks against RRF or other police scripts. I need to have some reports on the basics first. But ADS integration will be done quickly after that, and yes ADS will probably be mandatory.

My work on ACC/ADS will resume while YA is being developed (not when it's done, like i said erroneously). Like it was the case for PG, as soon as I need a new fleet handling feature for YA, a new version of ADS will come out.

A hell lot of things in the ADS mechanisms will be rewritten, but the station side isn't my first priority. I've to work around several issues first (mainly related to NPC carriers and the #*$! auto respawn of destroyed fighters). But yes an improved sector protection will come.

@Killjaeden:

By changing their relation to the pirate faction. plain and simple. And no i don't want them to jump back to SY except for repairs. They are supposed to be nomads. And moreover it would be boring for the player to always follow motherships to the same sectors.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 22:36

Serial Kicked wrote:
By the way the 'Mongol Horde' theme fit YA background perfectly, good idea. For now i'll keep all names, but if i gather enough mongol related names i will switch to it completely.
Here's a wiki listing all or most of the mongol tribe names:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_me ... _and_clans

Hope you find some name you like there.

Have you though of using the names of the mongol warlords for a handful of M6's etc?

Looking forward to seeing the yaki get a foot hold in the galaxy :)

Argo
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Infector
xr

Post by Infector » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 00:03

Serial Kicked wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, i will update my list.
It should be compatible with all major scripts available. The only exception will probably be "Improved Races". I can't remember right now if this script handle the Yakis or not, but if it's the case, they won't be compatible. And as the author is not here anymore to correct his script like he did for PG, nothing much can be done about it (apart from altering IR code).
As far as i can see the IP Scripts just control things that they have created themself + stations. i've seen the local variables 'plugin.ir.maker' and 'lv.jtp.block' utilised within the build and command scripts. But maybe i've missed some important lines of code.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:50

Got a few names to add to the list: (Sorry if any are already there)

Dead Star
Supernova
Maw of Flame
Bloodlust
Desecration
Mass Genocide :roll:
Grim
The Reaper
The Touch of Death
The Scourge of the Universe
Home of the Damned
Ship of Lost Souls
Reincarnation of Death ( 8) how cool does that sound!)
Eternal Damnation
Hellfire
Fist of Fury
Retribution
The Hand of GoD :roll:
Scream of the Lost
Tempest Rider
Smashed Hope/Dreams

I'll give you a few mor if you want... :roll:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 20:34

Improved Races has Yaki part, but it can be disabled in options.
Btw it does not create stations irrc, just additional fighters + powerful destroyer as response forces.

The yaki code in IR is not something you should care about, more mess will be done if for example IR Khaak invasion will happen in Yaki sectors.
Vanilla Yaki dont have enough power to defend from such threat and this is main reson to enable 'improved Yaki' in first place.

But - IR also contains 'blacklist' of sectors that should be left intact (so called plot protection), its easy to add few more sectors to the list and Khaak will not invade them. Xenons will never reach that far.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 00:30

Alright well that's good news! Apparently it won't conflict as Y.A. is ship based and does not use stations at all (except the spawn of an Eq.Dock), at least for now.

What is making me wary is the handling of relations between the player and the yakis. I know that using previous versions of IR (before pg related fix) and PG was causing the pirate to go red without warning even if the player is friendly. I just hope it won't be the case here.

Anyway that's one of the reasons why a test version is going to be released :)

Thanks for the input, anyway.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 01:21

Here is the first test release of Yaki Armada.

Try it with whatever scripts / mods you want and report and break it.

The basics are here: The plugin will spawn Yaki motherships that will roam the universe for ships to attacks. If ADS 2.50 is installed, you will be allowed to enable it on Yaki motherships. Some ECS dialogs are included. A Yaki Equipement Dock will be spawned if none is found near the Yaki Shipyard(s).

If you toggle Debug mode ON for this script you can find the log in:
"my documents / egosoft / x3tc / log08513.txt"

Known Errors/Limitations:

- Please let the relation between pirates & yakis to friendly in the setup menu. Other settings aren't supported yet.

- Sometimes carriers stand still waiting for a slow / far away fighter to dock in. It can take several minutes.

- Guild Ranking isn't included.

- All ECS dialogs with motherships are unlocked no matter your current relation.

- motherships will ignore player assets no matter the notoriety.

- Reward system is probably buggy too.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 16:32

The following scripts have been updated and now support Polish, thanks to Jagoda (BlueBerry SheWolf) and Yacek.

- Yaki Armada 2 - build 200
- Pirate Guild 3 v1.56
- Anarkis Defense System v2.50
- ECS 2.50

Enjoy :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 16:53

I found some mongol horde related terms on wikipedia:

TACTICS
Karash - human shield, a crowd of local residents or soldiers surrendered
Tumen/Tümen - unit of ten thousand - Tumetu-iin Noyan (Lord of ten thousand warriors) Tümgeneral/Tümamiral still in use in the Turkish arm
Minghan - unit of one thousand - Minggan-u Noyan (Lord of 1000 warriors)
Yaghun - unit of one hundred - Jagutu-iin Darga (Commander of 100)
Arban - unit of ten - Arban-u Darga (Commander of ten)

NOBILITY TITLE

Female
Hatun - Queen and ladies
Gongju - princess
Behi - lady

Male
Khaan - ruler of a country
Khan - local feudal lord title
Jinong - prince
Soumon Albatu - state serf
Hamjilga - serf of a nobleman
Shabi - serf of a religious leader

LEADERS
Temüjin - Gengis Khan
Ögedei Khan
Güyük Khan
Möngke Khan
Kublai Khan
Temür Khan

I haven't tested your mod extensively yet, but it seems to run quite well. Just one thing, when you're talking to a Yaki who ask for help, answering "Yes I will help you", the dialogue window stays open.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 20:15

Hello Serial,

Just wanted to point out that the date in the topic title is off by a year, makes it look like it's a resurrected/dead topic and some may pass it by.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 05:54

@Argonaught. : Oops thank you, i was kinda wondering why i got no answer to this topic :)

@Nho: The issue with mongol terms is that most of them use a bunch of special characters and i don't think that the game user interface will like them, so some adaptation will be needed. Still, the idea is good and i will use them (or at least corrected-mongol-names-so-the-game-won't-freak-out) for pilots and probably for most of the capital ships.
Just one thing, when you're talking to a Yaki who ask for help, answering "Yes I will help you", the dialogue window stays open.
I'll give it a look. TBH, the few ECS dialogs i've added are a direct copy/paste from pirate guild and haven't been tested at all. I will correct and improve them in time.

On my side i've found a few issues:
  • The usual "docking" Egosoft bug that make a fighter going zombie and stopping completely instead of docking to the carrier (blocking the carrier). As usual it rarely happens but it's infuriating. Will be fixed in b201.
  • When ADS is disabled, carriers may forget to retrieve their ships after being attacked or when on resupply mission. Fixed in b201.
  • Carriers may jump too far away for a player in a M4 to follow and don't show the destination sector on the player's map (even if guild member). Fixed in b201
Apart from that it seems stable, b201 will probably introduce a few AI fixes like:
  • Check for enemy activity before a jump. So they stop jumping to Ore Belt when there's too much hostile military there.
  • Add a radar system to the motherships (like PG mob boss) so they can jump to safety when too many enemies are targeting it.
  • Change the mission generator so missions (the kill TS) are generated while the carrier is moving, instead of between each move.
And i may add an AI for M6/M7 ships in this release. Not sure it'll be done in time, though.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 16:39

So, how's going this script? still in test phase? i can't wait for a stable version!

Melquart
x3tc

Post by Melquart » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 12:03

Any news from Serial? I haven't seen him for ages... :(

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 13:54

Same. :(
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 26. May 10, 22:10

Did this die? I wouldn't think so, Serial Kicked is still around... maybe he forgot about it? must be a busy man :|

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 00:47

so no yaki love? :(

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 00:49

Serial is back so expect some updates :P

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 01:07

Hey !

I've been noticed :)

Err, yeah updates. Sorry that YA didn't get some love recently. And i had to finish the work on PG and ADS first, superbox related.

The issue with YA is that i have switched my focus on releasing the library/framework to implement the Faction AI (i have spoken about it somewhere else on this board). Not the final "full mod" project, but at least something to get started with.

Basically it will merge the methods i use to track bounties, handle guilds, relations, comms, news, ship/ai commands and probably the mission system (though one). When done, making faction plugins like YA will be much easier for me. I've also something in mind for the Xenons.

If i continue to code YA independently, it will be probably be pointless as i will have to rewrite whole portions of code.

EDIT // Oh yeah, ETA unknown. If you really want an unreliable one, the framework should be done in a month maybe, YA will probably be the first plugin to use it, so I will resume working on it after that.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Yaki Armada 2 build 205 released!

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 05:54

Yaki Armada 2 build 205 released!

Yeah i know i just said "no more release of YA" a few days ago. :p

But let's say i don't like to let bugs behind me. So this is *probably* the last release of YA until i have finished the Faction Framework. After that things will probably go faster.

So, if you are upgrading from a previous version. Copy your files as usual. Load your savegame. Disable YA in AL settings, wait for the confirmation. And turn it back on for the update to take effect. Sorry, i've yet to include the self update mechanism.

Basically this new version corrects the most obvious bugs. It also jump to beta status, because the release is stable enough for anybody to use it.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”