[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

why838
x3ap

plugin manager

Post by why838 » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 04:06

ya i looked at those and none of them specified the problem im having

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: x plug in manager help

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 04:24

why838 wrote:its telling me the current directory is locked and unable to make any changes you may need to adjust directory permissions
What is the exact wording of the error message?

Can you post a screenshot of the message?

I believe that X2-Illuminatus was referring to the FAQ about protected folders (which is not the same as a locked drive). That is why the exact wording is important.

In short, the installation default to install in your programs folder is a bad recommendation. You should make a folder somewhere other than under programs. Also best if not at the root.

So something like C:\Games\X3TC would be good. (If you are using Steam, then C:\Games\Steam.)

pepperg
x3tc

Having to click Run X3 muiltiple times when in X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite

Post by pepperg » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 06:28

Running V1.41 and lately having to click "Run: X3 Albion Prelude V2.0" button about 5x to get the game to launch. Not sure why. Indicative of a problem?
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

SVB
x3tc

Post by SVB » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 02:47

The links are broken! And I need to install mods :'(
HELP :?

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 11:01

As I have mentioned in this thread, thanks to the suggestion of X2-Illuminatus, I decided to run the non steam AP exe to have two installs. The one in Steam to play TC for achievements, and the non steam to play AP with mods. But how can I make the plugin manager recognize my non steam exe and folder?

Do I just rename X3AP_n.exe to X3AP.exe overwriting the other one and then select the new location with plugin manager?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 21:56

dreamer2008 wrote:As I have mentioned in this thread, thanks to the suggestion of X2-Illuminatus, I decided to run the non steam AP exe to have two installs. The one in Steam to play TC for achievements, and the non steam to play AP with mods. But how can I make the plugin manager recognize my non steam exe and folder?

Do I just rename X3AP_n.exe to X3AP.exe overwriting the other one and then select the new location with plugin manager?
The pluginmanager won't recognise the exe as it looks for the filename. Renaming it would be one solution hut steam might replacenit again
Another way is to copy it to another directory and point the.pluginmanagera at it

However u could also make the pm recognise the different exe name. In the pm install dir. Goto the data file and open the exe file up
Then u can edit the exe name it recognises

Katie
x4

Post by Katie » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 22:21

I am having issues with the plugin manager...

I have all 3 games (X3 TC, AP, and Reunion) For any game i install mods for it verifies the files 100% ok. I close the plugin manager and reopen it, and shortly after that i reverify and it forgets the readme files (3 missing files) after that. it eventually forgets other files... and results in the game become buggy and crash prone.

I raged last night and reinstalled windows mainly becaues it was time to anyway... xD and it still doing it. I dont know what else to do. (This copy of windows IS updated.) I have ran it as UAC Admin.

If it matters the games are from steam.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 01:11

Right at this moment I am feeling stupid, confused and tired!

I have installed the plugin manager. Fine. It shows the three directories I have on C drive, I.E.: AP Steam; TC Steam; TC 3.1.

However I have copid both the AP file and TC 3.1 file to another partition, to safely play with mods. Partition = D. I have also downloaded the no steam exe to the file of AP that is on D. I can run both games from D, no probs; but stupid me just cannot work out how to add these two directories to the plug in manager, so I can mod. them. :roll:

Please help. :(

*edit* Its ok, think I have worked it out now, doh!
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

The X-Plorer

Post by The X-Plorer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 03:24

I've had Cycrow's plugin manager for a few months and I am glad I got it...

I recently updated it and installed the new mods/plugins (whatever you want to call them) the update came with...

There were three upgrades in the game that came from plugins that I cant seem to utilize for the Life of me...

- Emergency Transporter Extension
- Boarding Transporter Extension
- Slipstream Drive

Anyone have any idea how to operate these?

And on a side note, any other good plugin/mod reccomendations? I'm currently thinking of trying to find a mod that has to do with the PHQ, (Such as streamlining ship production, how does it take 10 freaking hours to build a Heavy Centaur Prototype in a station that is among the biggest around? :evil: ) [NOTE: this is all from TC by the way...]

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Advanced Jumpdrive Upgrade is a GODSEND! I freaking LOVE that thing... makes life in X3TC a hell of a lot easier...

THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE CYCROW! :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
Happy accidents are just another form of discovery, except they are way more fun.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 11:14

I seem to have a problem with opening .SPK files with the package explorer

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/errorww.jpg/

little help?

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 14:44

Something weird is happening with AP, the ships mod from http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=308509 and this tool. Once installed, the plugin manager create two files: 03.cat and 03.dat. Then, I can't start AP, the launcher seems to crash every time. If I delete the newly created files, the launcher start and I can play the game. But the ships are invisibles.

Is this a bug or something ?

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 22:45

The components that make up the ship are in the 03 cat/dat, if you've deleted them thats why your ships are invisible, theres nothing for the game to show.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 23:29

But if I don't delete those files, I can't play the game ...

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 18:35

I've had the same problem a couple of times, i cant say of a 100% way to get it working, as in my own experince its kinda hit and miss but it is possible, i currently have about 5 extra ships ingame.
I would suggest uninstalling the ship/ships in plugin manager, then exit the manager, open it up again and install, if you are installing more than one ship do them all at once not individually.

p.s just a thought....i believe any xsp's need to be converted to run on albion prelude using the package explorer provided with plugin manager, have you done this??.

adlkirk
x3tc

Post by adlkirk » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 20:26

Greetings...I keep getting a "Install failed" of the spk file...I have followed Cycrow's 8 simple rules....Suggestions?

Ook
x3tc

Post by Ook » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 20:21

See this post for a workaround for the adding ships to AP issues.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 14#3790414

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 23:46

evilhomer2701 wrote:I've had the same problem a couple of times, i cant say of a 100% way to get it working, as in my own experince its kinda hit and miss but it is possible, i currently have about 5 extra ships ingame.
I would suggest uninstalling the ship/ships in plugin manager, then exit the manager, open it up again and install, if you are installing more than one ship do them all at once not individually.

p.s just a thought....i believe any xsp's need to be converted to run on albion prelude using the package explorer provided with plugin manager, have you done this??.
Yeah, strange thing is I converted them, and some works. Some don't. And sometime, the one that works doesn't work anymore ...

It's random and shouldn't be like that. I believe that something wrong is going on.

PS: it seems that the manager leaves some dirt after I unistall all the ships ("empty" 03.cat 03.dat). Deleting them then installing the ships works.

PPS: Well, the launcher start, but the game crashes... So no, it doesn't work yet.

Ectar
x4

Post by Ectar » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 03:27

I have some bad experience right now, Plugin manager overwrite my current saves ! WTF? When I switched back and forth from vanilla to modified, my 'modified' game save files permanently overwritten now!

My question is WHY IT DOESN'T ASK user BEFORE OVERWRITING anything ?!

PS. I actually says it going to backup files during switch, but doesnt do it.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 13:42

It does ask, it has a savegame manager when you switch to modified: he copy all of your files in a saveplace before doing anything.

For my issue, I fixed it by editing the .cat and putting in the skipped files that the manager did not install...

Ectar
x4

Post by Ectar » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 16:21

I think there is a bug,

To reproduce

Play vanilla (Saves)
Install Plugin manager
Install Some kinda script
Switch to modified, vanilla files will be saves in save.backup
Play modified game (Saves)
Switch to vanilla - vanilla files will be copy over, but 'modified' files will not be backed up.
Switch back to 'modified' - you realized that your 'modified' files are gone.

I'm using latest version of Plugin Manager
Can be reproduced 100%.
It either bug or design flaw.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”