[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 19:41

Hi, firstly: Thank you for this great program! It really helps a lot, and makes modding this game much safer and easier!

But there's a big problem for me: The plugin-manager keeps reverting my Tships file. I added a new cockpit to my ship, but every time I'm launching the game with the plugin manager, it generates a new Tships without my edit. Is there a way to not have this?
Even weirder: I tried to outsmart the PM by editing the Tships in my XRM cat/dat, but the PM doesn't care about that edit either. What am I doing wrong?
The Tships in XRM is most definiatly the one at the highest position in the cat/dat VFS, so I don't understand where the PM takes the 'original' information from.

Best wishes, Connstar

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 22:42

Connstar wrote:Hi, firstly: Thank you for this great program! It really helps a lot, and makes modding this game much safer and easier!

But there's a big problem for me: The plugin-manager keeps reverting my Tships file. I added a new cockpit to my ship, but every time I'm launching the game with the plugin manager, it generates a new Tships without my edit. Is there a way to not have this?
Even weirder: I tried to outsmart the PM by editing the Tships in my XRM cat/dat, but the PM doesn't care about that edit either. What am I doing wrong?
The Tships in XRM is most definiatly the one at the highest position in the cat/dat VFS, so I don't understand where the PM takes the 'original' information from.

Best wishes, Connstar
This is an annoying feature. I wish there was a way to turn it off once the initial T ships file was setup. I also have this problem..

Of course we can edit the individual ship files for the changes to each ship.. but I have over 400 ship files.

There are a few ships I always like to use personally so after I load the plugin manager and close it down, I manually edit the Tships file and make the changes to those ships I want.. I then just make sure I don't load the plugin manager again after that or it will yet again overwrite what I did.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 16:51

There are a few ships I always like to use personally so after I load the plugin manager and close it down, I manually edit the Tships file and make the changes to those ships I want.. I then just make sure I don't load the plugin manager again after that or it will yet again overwrite what I did.
I would do it the same way, but for me the Plugin Manager is the only way to start the Logitech G15 Plugin, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 21:51

What game is this for, TC or AP?
if it AP, make sure you put the TShips in the addon folder inside the cat/dat files.

if it really is in the highest fake patch, then it should be using that as its base unless its having trouble reading the file.

also make sure there are no gaps in your numbering.

another solution is to create a mod file with tships in the mods folder, and then select that mod in the startup dialog.

The plugin manager will then use this mod to extract the file from before editing

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 22:15

Cycrow wrote:What game is this for, TC or AP?
if it AP, make sure you put the TShips in the addon folder inside the cat/dat files.

if it really is in the highest fake patch, then it should be using that as its base unless its having trouble reading the file.

also make sure there are no gaps in your numbering.

another solution is to create a mod file with tships in the mods folder, and then select that mod in the startup dialog.

The plugin manager will then use this mod to extract the file from before editing
It is both TC and AP.. I like the mod idea but at least for me, not savvy on how you create a mod like this? Is that an option in plugin manager or another tool we have to use?
Take it light.....

Malakie

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 12:24

You can use X3 Editor 2 to add the TShips file into a mod file (cat/dat)

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 19:38

Cycrow wrote:You can use X3 Editor 2 to add the TShips file into a mod file (cat/dat)
Just to make sure I understand, basically all I do is modify the Tships file as I want then that file gets places in a mod file that I can have the game load with other mods or alone in the launcher, right? No other files or scripting or anything needed?
Take it light.....

Malakie

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 11:25

That's correct yeah. There plugin manager should then pick up your modified file and use that as it's Base

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 19:09

Cycrow wrote:That's correct yeah. There plugin manager should then pick up your modified file and use that as it's Base
Ok thanks.. will play around with it and let you know if I have any problems.. Will be so nice to do all the edits once now and then just plop in the mod file from now on...
Take it light.....

Malakie

DrSysAdmin
x3ap

Post by DrSysAdmin » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 23:17

For whatever reason, the comm range adjustment under globals isn't working. Scanner range changes made through the plugin manager take fine - but I regardless of what I change the value of the comm range to, I have to actually land to comm anyone.

Meaning all my dock requests are done by selecting the stations and autodocking. That isn't going to go well one of these times.

Any suggestions?

**Edit - Disregard. An uninstall and reinstall of X3TC and then reapplying the changes resolved the issue.

giva007

Post by giva007 » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 15:51

Hello cycrow, is there any other way to load .spk files without using this plugin manager? because your plugin requires Net framework 3.5 to work and unfortunately, my PC couldnt install NET framework 3.5 for some reason.

Thanks
The PSP are both great and disastrous weapon at the same time. so don't use it to hunt Spaceflies!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 17:15

You can extract and install them manually as long as they don't use any of the plugin manner features, like custom wares

Without .Net the spkexplorer won't work either. But you could use the command line tools, spktool and spkinstall

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 16:23

tools\spkconvert.exe doesn't work for me, I get some side by side conflict, tried on different machines with different OS.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 10:41

is it just spkconvert, or is it also the others that dont work ?

spkconvert isn't really needed anymore, its used to convert from the original spk format, which was in use for X3Reunion.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 20:00

which is exactly what I want to do, extracting an old x3R mod.
But the X3R-version of PM seams to be down.
My X3 Mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 20:29

is it a really old X3R mod ?

i take it the other tools cant open the file ?
you could try opening it in the creator, that can read and convert the old format as well.

most X3R files are in the newer format, its only the really early ones that arn't

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 22:59

yes it is, here the link
http://www.grax.org/X3/ExtendedComplexH ... 6.2006.spk

yes they can't, but the creator works, sadly the stupid author forgot to pack the .dat file so the mod is still useless, but thanks for the help.
At least I learned something really usefull about the PM and its tools so it wastn't a waste of time.
My X3 Mods

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 16:19

The file sizes of the spk and the exported archive don't fit, I fear the Creator is withholding the dat file instead of it being missing.
My X3 Mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 12:05

do you mean you think the dat file is in there, just not being extracted ?

how different are the file sizes, spk files do add additional information that can increase the file size abit, although no more than a few k.

Its possible that the conversion process simply lost the files.

if i get chance to, ill check out the file

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 11:45

sorry for answering that late, I was busy.
Yes that I mean.
I already linked the file above.
The mod contains a 3dmodelfile so the shrinking of the file size was quite big.
My X3 Mods

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”