[ALP]NPC Boarding Forces 1.2 6/1/11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 17:17

Really nice script. Have been testing it since a few days.

But those guys are very strong, and they come fast! You better not leave the station with your new ship until it is fully loaded with veteran marines. And as soon as you have killed one boarding party and left the sector, there is an other one coming.

It would be nice if you could make an easier version, or maybe some options to lesser their strength. Because I think they are too strong and they appear too frequently.

Unless this is caused by incompatibility with other mods...

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 06:06

Can you avoid saving messages to the player log? At least those that are not talking about the player ships.

I mean thos messages of
Enemy is - Notoriety to - rchance is...

They are surely useful for debugging but flood the log and bother in a normal game.
Thanks.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 12:49

open plugin.lv.ai.boarding.scan

Code: Select all

225   $msg = 'Enemy is ' + $enemy + '  Notoriety to ' + $orace + ' is ' + $notor + ' rchance is ' + $rchanc
226   write to player logbook $msg
delete line 226

you may need to turn the plugin off and let it clear the ships before turning back on again
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:14

Strange, 'cause I already tried that with no results and thought I was missing something.

I deleted that line, turned off the plugin, kept playing for almost half an hour, exited the game, uninstalled the plugin, opened and saved my game after some other minutes, exited again, installed the plugin without that line and when I turned it on the messages kept going.

I must haved overlooked something.

Thanks a lot.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 18:10

updated to 1.1

update 1.1
------
Bugs hunted (hopefully)
Debug text removed
longer time between hunts if your ships are the target
new Pirate Marine Training Barracks updated.
ships will not hunt in sectors that are enemy to them (i.e your safe against the paranid in argon space but wide open in pirate and unknown space)

you must upgrade my lib scripts to 2.0 (found in first link)!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's about 4 hrs of coding i can't even remember the outcome of other than better logic and balance

uninstall last version and re-install, turn the plugin off for about 10-20 mins before turning back on.

1.1 will not update corrected until this is done :)

I've also added some background to the new barracks, if you can supply it with all it's primary & secondary's there will be some high end marines available, just get there before the competition :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 20:08

Excellent! I'll try it right away

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 02:52

Aha! I was wondering what script was doing that. Been beating my head againts the wall tryign to figure it out.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 12:20

Hi LV

I tried this with a new start. The boarding parties are a little bit slower to come. But, it still seems there are always spying on me, waiting for the exact time I enter/claim a boardable ship to jump on me. I claimed a M8 and ordered it to dock at a nearby station, but it got boarded after 5 km. If I repair it first, they are on me while it's still under 50%.

Another annoying thing is their strength. I cannot fly around with my Boa, as I can only have 5 marines in it and the boarding parties comes with 20.

And something weird: I got attacked by Argon boarding parties while I'm in very good terms with this faction.

So my general feeling on this mod is mitigated. I like very much the idea of being a target for boarding parties, but it seems to me I shouldn't enable it in my game unless I have 20 veteran marines in every ship. But then, It would still be problematic to use TM ships with only 5 marines...

I'm playing DDTC with many others scripts running. Not sure if there are conflicts happening here. But I think it would be nice if the boarding parties could sometimes be as strong as they are now (they see a Boa, easy prey, and they go for it) and sometimes much weaker like only five marines (they see a Boa, they're evenly mached, and they try their luck on it)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 17:27

ta for the feedback, the BP's may still be too strong as to test i had to ramp them up and then hope the slowdown code worked (i don't like testing a script that's programmed to do nothing for a long time ;) )

There is a low % chance a friendly will attack you so either the RNG is not working or my code is not strong enough yet.

For yourself or anyone else, if you can feedback the sector your race notoriety and attacking special forces ship will help me balance the plugin.

With the one you said got boarded there is always the chance it had been tagged before you got to it (i.e. another race) but i'm sceptical.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 17:24

Just wanted to say that your script seem to work fine... I dare to say it works perfect! :) I went to Bala Gi's Joy system on my Centaur and started shooting on a Teladi owned station to lower my rank (yea I know, but I'm not good at scripting). After 3 or 4 minutes a Teladi Gannet jumped in (Damn this thing is fast: 151 mps!), I let it approach me. it launched something at me, boarding pods, some missiles. I don't know about my ship's turrets but even I got confused with all the warnings of system failures, missile warnings and some other messages. Damn I got owned! My 5 2nd rank marines held it bravely and even managed to shoot about 3 or 4 foes but died nevertheless. When the ship was captured I got spaced and watched the boarding party jump away with my ship... And it was totally awesome! :D Great job man.

BTW does that mean there is a use for Hull Polarizing and Internal Security Lasers now for the player?
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 18:11

LV wrote:ta for the feedback, the BP's may still be too strong as to test i had to ramp them up and then hope the slowdown code worked (i don't like testing a script that's programmed to do nothing for a long time ;) )
As I see it, they aren't too strong. I would say the problem for me is that they all are that strong ;)
LV wrote:There is a low % chance a friendly will attack you so either the RNG is not working or my code is not strong enough yet.

For yourself or anyone else, if you can feedback the sector your race notoriety and attacking special forces ship will help me balance the plugin.

With the one you said got boarded there is always the chance it had been tagged before you got to it (i.e. another race) but i'm sceptical.
It was "anonymous argon" start or something like that. No enemies among the main races, maybe this explains that. Argon BP attacked me in Savage Spur. Boron BP took my claimed M8 in Home of Light - which is a small sector, this may explain why I hadn't time to drive it to a safe docking. Both Argon and Boron were friends (a few ranks above "citizen").

I have tested BP with another start, and they DO come less quickly. But ideally, I would see them coming often when I have a very bad relation with a certain race, and only sometimes an attack from opportunist BP when I am friend with all. It would also be nice to see the sector owner react against them if I am in good terms with him. Now, this isn't a request as I understand the amount of work it means, just my ideal view.

Despite all my "criticisms", BP is already a mod I cannot play without

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 19:16

just had this running while testing something else, the attack time does seem to be a tad short but i'm enemies with everybody in a big way in my current test build

I'm also again becoming demented

Code: Select all

Script plugin.lv.ai.boarding.scan

046   $block.math = $last.attack + 1600
this adds 1600 to the gametime and should block any attempts for the race to attack your ships until the 1660 has passed (here's the dumb bit, my mind will not calculate the time in mins or remember how to)

you can try changing the 1600 to a higher value :)

In addition the first time the race tags you it will ignore the gametime code, this may be causing the attacks at the start

Hull Polarizing and Internal Security Lasers, i cant say i know anything other than these are in my wares list, never played the game so i've never come across them and doubt they do anything on their own within the hardcoded data (feel free to enlighten me)

I suppose i can get the new marine base to produce these (poss ISL's) and code extra defence or capture time to ships that have them

if anybody feels like a tad of proofreading as i can't see the wood from the tree's atm, can anybody who knows the SE properly see where i'm going wrong with the notoriety check or time check code in here

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/temp/pl ... g.scan.xml
LV's TC Scripts

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 20:03

No need to produce them as they are for sale in some stations. The question is if they already affect the boarding of player owned ships or not. If not, it would be nice to make them work not only for NPC ships, like it is in vanilla.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 19:23

slight bugfix update

some stations were being created over and over

either install 1.11 and turn the plugin off (wait) then on

or update to 1.11 and manually run plugin.lv.ai.board.uninstall without turning the plugin off
LV's TC Scripts

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 22:32

And if I start a new game? Simply copy and overwrite the 'scripts' and 't' folders? Is that enough?

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 12:19

Does the ratings problem still occur with this new update?

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 12:42

The only thing that indeed bugs me is a lack of population control :D After a while you see a whole fleet jumps in... Damn that looks scary :o

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 11:52

Hi LV

There is a slight problem with the Military training station when it's spawning in Split Fire. It's well beneath the ecliptic, in the atmosphere, and it explodes soon after I enter the sector. Not a big deal as it appears elsewhere soon after, but I had it in the same spot in two different games, so if it isn't a random location, you may want to have a look at that.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 17:52

There should be pop control unless my code isn't working, let me know how many support ships and class of ship your seeing

The base is random spawn so you just fell unlucky with the SF issue

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 23:01

Well, the AI behaves weird in my game.

Aren't marines supposed to board ennemy ships? Because i have been boarded by ARGONS in mars on my vidar. I'm allied with them. It also happened with a TP, this time with borons, whereas i'm Guardian of the Queen :roll: .

And as it has been said, they know exactly when u acquire a boardable ship.

Well, i've read the first posts. I'm allied with everyone but kha'aks and xenon... I'm not sure they'd pay mercs...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”