[ALP]NPC Boarding Forces 1.2 6/1/11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 12:19

Does the ratings problem still occur with this new update?

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 12:42

The only thing that indeed bugs me is a lack of population control :D After a while you see a whole fleet jumps in... Damn that looks scary :o
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 11:52

Hi LV

There is a slight problem with the Military training station when it's spawning in Split Fire. It's well beneath the ecliptic, in the atmosphere, and it explodes soon after I enter the sector. Not a big deal as it appears elsewhere soon after, but I had it in the same spot in two different games, so if it isn't a random location, you may want to have a look at that.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 17:52

There should be pop control unless my code isn't working, let me know how many support ships and class of ship your seeing

The base is random spawn so you just fell unlucky with the SF issue

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 23:01

Well, the AI behaves weird in my game.

Aren't marines supposed to board ennemy ships? Because i have been boarded by ARGONS in mars on my vidar. I'm allied with them. It also happened with a TP, this time with borons, whereas i'm Guardian of the Queen :roll: .

And as it has been said, they know exactly when u acquire a boardable ship.

Well, i've read the first posts. I'm allied with everyone but kha'aks and xenon... I'm not sure they'd pay mercs...

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 00:31

The boron shouldn't even really have boarding parties. They're pacifists, aren't they?

Perhaps have pirate boarding pirates with mixed crews be the only boron you'd see.

Split I can definitely see wanting to bolster their power with stolen ships.

Telaadi I can see doing it for profitssss.

Argon... maybe.

Terran, yeah sure why not. They're bastards so why not :D

Paranid... well I've never really studied their culture very closely.

Got an idea, if you put illegal wares on the boarding ships, with no scramblers, would military vessels attack them? Boarding ships should be viewed as an illegal activity.

edit: guess npc's only scan the players ships? Because I just loaded an entire sector with space fuel in talaadi space using the cheat script, and no one seemed to blink an eye. :(

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 01:21

Boarding would be logical in pirate/yaki sectors or pirate skirmish.
Or only by an ennemy race when you really pissed them off.

I agree to make games more difficult, but realism is better :P

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:06

LV wrote:There should be pop control unless my code isn't working, let me know how many support ships and class of ship your seeing

The base is random spawn so you just fell unlucky with the SF issue
OK. This one's the largest I've seen so far:

1-2xM7M/M7
2-4xM6
5xTM

Looks like TMs are their favorites.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 18:43

I think this TLs belong to this script: "Marine Base Mule".
There are about 200 of them in the sector with the Marine Base.
Do you have any idea why ?
Thanks !

EDIT:
Ok, now i'm sure it was the missing "Imperial Library Scripts".
Problem solved.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 22:15

This is a cool idea but its not really designed for a new game and that is an issue you might want to address. I started a new game with this mod and got boarded and kicked out of my own ship while flying in pirate space. I was only an hour into the game playing a custom start. It was a little lame because I did not have enough money to buy internal defenses.

Also they spawn a little to much.

Edit the custom start was starting out as a Pirate.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 23:38

This is a cool idea, but I've had to reload three times in the space of half an hour, because first my Hydra was captured with me still in it, by a Teladi ship. I could still control the ship but it was no longer registered to my ownership. Then on the second two reloads my Elephant was boarded twice by an Argon ship in the Family Whi sector. What I dislike is how frequently it happens, and I don't really like it happening to my OOS ships, that is a maintenance issue I could do without at that frequency. I should note that all the 'Special Forces' ships that attacked me were friendly. I'm on good terms with all of them, and when I fought back they acted like I was being needlessly aggressive.

Additionally, I would think an Argon capital ship going around boarding friendly ships in Split space would cause their police forces to assist you, is anything like that possible?

Oh by the way, I meant to ask, how are you supposed to fight back exactly? I was on a quick recon mission when I was attacked, so I wasn't carrying any marines. Is there some way to resist them when they kill your engines?
Rawr.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 13:17

Small tweak

Ships will now NOT attack you unless rep is -2000 and you have a few Capital Class ships [6,7,8,1,2]

[ external image ]

Download AI Boarding Parties 1.2 from list

best option is to turn off plugin for 30 mins then back on again to make sure new commands are being used by ships
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 15:01

Oh cool, that should be better, thanks!
Rawr.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 10:55

Very nice. About time you updated this! Err, i mean thanks! ;)
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 09:04

great job, another must have script for my game.

i dont have any capitals yet so they havent bothered me but i can see they arebusy because of the number of support ships that are appearing with them :D

id been seeing a message telling me the marine would like me to dock for a week so when i finally got there i was a bit dissapointed to be told that my ` presense wasnt desirable or welcome``. hell they must have have asked me to dock a million times :P

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 15:42

Is this compatible with Albion Prelude?
F signature

Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 01:01

I started building in Unknown Sector next to Legends and had a fleet of paranid attack, I have a 85% Friend of Priest King rating, should they be attacking?

I think this is this script, they are identified as paranid special forces and show up as enemies on my screen. When I kill them I get a bounty for killing Yaki, but my relationship to the Paranid takes a significant dive.

Perhaps its an issue between boarding script and yaki armada?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”