[SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Hargam
x4

Post by Hargam » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 01:37

Like the previous person that said they don't see it under the special command menu. I am was having the same issue. Seems if you don't have the explorer software installed the option under the special command menu doesn't even show up.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 17:51

this works in X3AP ?

EDIT: Version History

v2.00 - 2012.01.21 (by Amriel)
Albion Prelude Tested.

I should have read the 1st page better .. thanks for the script !

EDIT2: I have tried this script and I just cant get them to lay 8 in 1 sector my 5 sat laying m3s just place one sat in the top right corner of the sector :S, I have the option set to true on all except 1 ship for tethered return and all have the shine gate set to on too

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Sun, 19. Feb 12, 14:40

I got a bug within Jump Radius when I'm in TC v3.2 .

When I set 1, ASN will do nothing but dock at a station and show "Automated Satellite Network" task.
When I set 2, ASN will just deploy sat. in home sector.
And if I set 3, ASN will deploy sat. within 1 jump sectors.

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 19:10

had a problem with this as well, XRM 1.18, the ship being used had seven sats on boards, yet the ship just sat at a station for ages, just sat there doing nothing, this was quite soon in the beginning of the game aswell.

shame because this one definitely has great potential, only thing i noticed though is it happens to have a lot of SCRIPTS, 46 to be exact..... that is quite a lot (makes it quite a complex little system with so many files to keep an eye on)

one last concern is, i have downloaded several times now, the file stamps don't seem to match version 2.00, what i mean is the latest modification dates of the files go back too "30/11/10", that corresponds with version 1.33, but the changes made in 2.0 were done after "Albion Prelude" was released right?

but AP came out way after "30/11/10", am i missing something, if i didn't know any better i would say that i have version 1.33 not version 2.0!!!

EDIT, i read back some post, i can see that the changes you made to this script were done a long time ago, only now have you actually released the script with those changes...... i see....

question, XRM does now allot fighters to have JD's, could that cause an issue with this script!!!

Seric
x3tc

Post by Seric » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:09

I can't get this to work.

How hard can it be to copy a few files? :evil:

I've done it a few times now just to make sure, removed the files in script folder starting with "a" somthing, installed best buys locator again, then this sattelite script (as stated by script author some posts back). Still no menu where I can access the script.

I have changed name to Thereshallbewings.

I dropped the content in the zip file directly in my (steam) install of TC+AP (I'm playing AP now), so that it would overwrite the same named folders.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 23:29

Seric wrote:I can't get this to work.

How hard can it be to copy a few files? :evil:

I've done it a few times now just to make sure, removed the files in script folder starting with "a" somthing, installed best buys locator again, then this sattelite script (as stated by script author some posts back). Still no menu where I can access the script.

I have changed name to Thereshallbewings.

I dropped the content in the zip file directly in my (steam) install of TC+AP (I'm playing AP now), so that it would overwrite the same named folders.
Did you unzip it to the "addon" subfolder of the terran conflict folder?

Seric
x3tc

Post by Seric » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 23:48

Thanks man, I was ready to blow :)

I left clicked my AP shorcut, "Open file location" and thought the script folder in there was the one I needed to overwrite (wouldn't that be just too easy, huh).

I'll sort this out tomorrow, guess something is royally screwed now that I added the files in the wrong script folder...(?)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 00:25

Seric wrote:Thanks man, I was ready to blow :)

I left clicked my AP shorcut, "Open file location" and thought the script folder in there was the one I needed to overwrite (wouldn't that be just too easy, huh).

I'll sort this out tomorrow, guess something is royally screwed now that I added the files in the wrong script folder...(?)
No thats OK. Installing where you did wont ruin anything. In fact if you ever play TC you now have the files in the proper place for a TC game.

The "addon" subfolder is where the x3ap.exe reads the scripts for AP.

Seric
x3tc

Post by Seric » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 23:56

Alex, great work, really great script! Thanks for making and sharing it :)

MatDiF

Post by MatDiF » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:46

Looking for a current copy of this x1tc or whatever is down.

Edit: Was also wondering if anyone knew does the sector and universe trade scripts use the info from the satellites I lay down?

Edit: Host is back up.

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 12:46

I have found a problem with this script.
When set to single satellite deployment it stops after 1 or 2 sats then sits and does nothing forever. I tried this on seta for 20 mins.
But as soon as I change it to 8 sat box deployment it starts up and works fine.
Nothing was changed except the sat deployment type. Tried it multiple times with multiple different ships and conditions. Always broke down on single sat deployment after 1 or 2 sats.
I hope this can be fixed as I prefer single sat deployment .

Edit : After more testing I have found that it might be related to tethered return and jump radius. If I have it set to 5 jump radius it will only go 1 or 2 sectors away at most. Set to 7 and it will go 4 sectors away. Set to 6 and it will only go 3 sectors away.
I haven't tested the jump radius when set to 8 sat deployment though. Have only tested with single deployment.
I hope this info helps to find the problem.
Knowledge is Power!

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 03:25

So by looking back at some of the other comments it appears that there is a problem with this script.

Has anyone found a fix for it?
I have been playing around for hours on a new game and cannot work out what is going wrong.
I don't have enough knowledge to look at the script sorry.
Knowledge is Power!

NovaStark
x3tc

Post by NovaStark » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 08:14

It's unfortunate that this script has some issues as it did exactly what I wanted. In my game I got it to do single sat deployment first while set on the default 8+gates setting. It got almost the entire map except some paranid sectors that are surrounded by pirate sectors and Terran space which I have yet to open up. Even then I had to fiddle with the settings to get it that far. It seems to want to go explore unrevealed sectors even if you have explore set to off. I had to stall several times until I allowed it to explore a few sectors I had missed.

Now it seems to be stuck on the last few isolated sectors it can't fly to or is having a problem deciding on where to start with the rest of the 8+G deployment. I've tried disabling all but a single race, explorer on/off, home, jump radius, etc.

The only thing I haven't tried is enabling all races, but seeing as I planned on using sat presence in conjunction with EST/CAG/CLS I really don't want sats in pirate space (assuming the ships even survived it).

Anyways If I had to guess it has something to do with it's route decision routine as it gets stuck thinking and then eventually sends me a email.

I might take a look at the script later when I'm not so tired, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with it. I don't even know how debugging works in X3.

gd6noob

Post by gd6noob » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 02:39

Ive put the files in the Albion Prelude folder, I dont have the Terran Conflict Folder. The Advanced Sat deployment isnt showing up under the Special Command

RustInPieces
x4

Re: Updated version available

Post by RustInPieces » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 14:47

Amriel wrote: - Now bypasses its safe path check if it is capable of jumping, to speed up the decision-making process.
:(
My Kestrels keep getting blown up in Xenon Sector 598, and now I just had one die in 472. There are SPPs in the sector above and below 598, there should not be any reason for it to fly through 598 instead of jumping to the other side if necessary. I've lost 6 Kestrels there already.

What do I need to change to enable safe path checking again?

Edit:
Also, can ASN buy from player stations? I have tried to set Home Base to station, and Home Sector to the station's sector, but I haven't seen ASN try to buy from my station. Instead, they sit at an out of stock Military Outpost and wait for more Adv. Sats forever.
Since ASN was not buying from my Adv. Sat complex, I have a CAG selling the Adv Satellites, hoping that ASN will buy from the stations that the CAG sells to.

Edit 2: I'm having the same problem as NovaStark. I set 20 Kestrels to deploy 8 + illuminate Gates. They seem to have finished the first advanced satellite in each sector, but are just sitting there now instead of starting to deploy the second AdvSat in each sector. I double checked the Low Credit Threshold, and I have more than enough in my account. They have some AdvSats in their inventory, so I don't think they are waiting for stock.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 09:36

This is in a2069.satnet.check.path.xml

Code: Select all

$current.sector = $arg.start
$next.sector = $arg.start
while $next.sector != $arg.finish
  do if $debug
    = wait 1 ms
  $next.sector = get next sector on route from sector $current.sector to sector $arg.finish
  $current.sector = $next.sector

skip if $next.sector->exists
    return [FALSE]

if not $config.explore
    skip if $next.sector->is sector known by the player
      return [FALSE]
  end

$next.sector.owner = $next.sector->get owner race
  $this.relations = [THIS]->get relation to race $next.sector.owner

skip if $debug < 3
    write to log file $pageId  append=[TRUE]  printf: fmt='In check.path next sector loop: sector= "%s" owner= "%s" relations="%s"', $next.sector, $next.sector.owner, $this.relations, null, null

if $config.relations AND $this.relations == {Foe}
    do if $debug
      write to log file $pageId  append=[TRUE]  value='In check.path: no path found'
    return [FALSE]
  end

end
do if $debug
  write to log file $pageId  append=[TRUE]  value='In check.path: Path is flyable'

return [TRUE]

I have no idea what I'm reading. Can anyone more knowledgeable in scripting tell me if there is an easy fix (to avoid enemy sectors)?

Code: Select all

if $config.relations AND $this.relations == {Foe}
    do if $debug
      write to log file $pageId  append=[TRUE]  value='In check.path: no path found'
  end

end
do if $debug
  write to log file $pageId  append=[TRUE]  value='In check.path: Path is flyable'
Would this work? I think the first code forces it to always return true, doesn't it? Does the second do if $debug need some kind of else if statement?

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 14:52

Seems to be bugged. These Satellite Distributors never jump out if their shield fall below the set amound.

Say, I have 75% set as the amount of shield when the ship should jump out. Nothing happens. Once enemies start firing on the Satellite Distributors they stop dead in the track and do nothing until they're destroyed.

Averia
x3ap

Post by Averia » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 00:20

Hi all,

There is a solution to the behavior of the sat deployers that sometimes they sit in space just before they dropped a sat, and when attacked they just stay there without jumping or flying or fighting.

Thanks

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 23:31

I really love this script

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 9. May 14, 18:57

link is broken.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”