[SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Mon, 16. May 11, 13:12

Is it possible to get the ship to land after it has finished deploying satellites in it's area?
Mine just usually shut down engines and wait for a passing pirate to destroy them.
Would be nice if they docked at a friendly station when they have finished.
Knowledge is Power!

saar
x3

Post by saar » Mon, 26. Sep 11, 14:26

Do you know where I can find this script please? The link tot he SPK download on GameFront is either expired or the file cannot be found :(

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Saar

Not an issue any more! By searching over and over on the forum I found the XDownload ULD which hosts the original file.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 08:30

2 questions:

Any special issues on XRM compatibility? I presume not but never hurts to ask.

Is it possible for ship to prioritize player owned adv. sat fab for just taking, not purchasing sats? Well I'm guessing this is irrelevant, I sell those things expensively.

How's the "enemy evading" logic? Is it at least in rank of CAG? Will deployer, for example, try to put satelite in sector where xenon invasion is in progress? Will he use JD if attacked? I'm planing to use TLS (for vanilla it's an equivalent of SB, fast spacious and shielded ship)

Perhaps it would be best if he would just skip any sector with red marks (or make option to turn this off) and re check after 10 minutes.

Amriel
x4

Updated version available

Post by Amriel » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 01:00

A while ago I updated this script and fixed the outstanding bugs that I could track down. I contacted Alex2069 and got his permission to alter and release his work, but never did get around to uploading it.

I've since gotten back into X with the release of AP, so I'll upload it now. I've been using it without issue in my TC and AP games, but let me know in this thread or by PM if anything goes horribly wrong.

Changes I made:
  • - Now uses Explorer Command Software so it can find new sectors on its own without cheating.

- Now shows currently active tasks. A task of "Automated Satellite Network" means it's thinking about its next move.

- No longer stalls while scanning the entire universe after deploying a satellite. Instead, it looks at the closest sectors first, then expands its scan range if it can't find a sector to deploy in.

- Tries to find a station to shelter in when it is attacked or otherwise has problems or things to consider, instead of just sitting in space.

- No longer jumps directly to undiscovered sectors when in explore mode, and flies through gates the long way instead. This should allow all sectors it discovers to be connected on the map.

- Now bypasses its safe path check if it is capable of jumping, to speed up the decision-making process.

- "Illuminate Gates" now works with single centre deployment, and will deposit one satellite over each gate.

- Route finding algorithm has been cleaned up a bit.
Download via XDownloads ULD below:
(zip file)
[ external image ]

I can also make an .spk version if there's demand.

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Updated version available

Post by deca.death » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 16:35

Amriel wrote:A while ago I updated this script and fixed the outstanding bugs that I could track down. I contacted Alex2069 and got his permission to alter and release his work, but never did get around to uploading it.

Wow! This is more awesome news then I dared to hope in my wildest dreams : )

This script was originally well thought-out and designed but had some serious issues which you've hopefully solved. Perfect.

SPK version would be welcome cause XRM prefers that kind of install.
EDIT: Disregard that, I thought this was plugin managar version, it aint ;)

Run away when attacked is great (fast ships for the job are preferred anyway) maybe using JD as well ... bah forget it, it's good as it is!

Thanks again, this was exactly something I've wanted.

:thumb_up: :D
Last edited by deca.death on Sat, 21. Jan 12, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 21:55

Great piece of work. Thanks for making TC that little less micro managed :D
Still life in the old dog yet...

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 22:03

Excellent work amriel!! Thanks for doing this.

kyrnn
x4

Post by kyrnn » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 04:15

What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the files from Amriel post and extracted the files into scripts and t folder and when I open my save file and my ships that have explorer and special command upgrade and didn't show any options for this mod? Do I need to activate it somewhere?

Kyrnn

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 09:36

kyrnn wrote: Do I need to activate it somewhere?
No you don't. You've probably messed up something. It should be under "special" command.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 10:01

Special thanks to Amriel for the update - I've updated the first post accordingly... Reading it all now is certainly tempting me to play AP, lol.

Metamartian
x4

Post by Metamartian » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:29

I think I have a slight issue but it could be idiotic user error!

I packaged this up as an .spk for use in Cycrows plugin manager.

all seemed to working correctly except that instead of 8 satellites in 4 x 2 grid arrangement (rectangle) it is deploying 8 satellites in a 2 x 2 arrangement (square) with 2 satellites on top of each other.

any ideas?

Amriel
x4

Post by Amriel » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 23:32

all seemed to working correctly except that instead of 8 satellites in 4 x 2 grid arrangement (rectangle) it is deploying 8 satellites in a 2 x 2 arrangement (square) with 2 satellites on top of each other.
Just tested this, seems to work fine for me. Keep in mind that it's actually a 4x4 cube, in 3d space. You can hit the insert key to rotate the map axes to confirm this.

Metamartian
x4

Post by Metamartian » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 08:58

Amriel wrote:
Just tested this, seems to work fine for me. Keep in mind that it's actually a 4x4 cube, in 3d space. You can hit the insert key to rotate the map axes to confirm this.
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4206 ... ent111.png
I was just going by this shot where you get a top and bottom row of 4 each in a line where when I deploy I only get the inner "square" but with 2 on corner.

I'll have a double check tonight to see if they are on a different plane.

{Oversize image changed to link - Terre}

Amriel
x4

Post by Amriel » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:54

Metamartian wrote:I was just going by this shot where you get a top and bottom row of 4 each in a line where when I deploy I only get the inner "square" but with 2 on corner.
I'm pretty sure those extra 4 on the sides are the gate illumination satellites (named "AdvSat" without a position code), one above and below each gate.

I did notice in my testing that sometimes the deployer ship gets a bit excited after dropping the main payload and illuminating one of the gates, and decides to dash through that gate instead of finishing all the gates in the sector. Not ideal, but it should eventually come around to finish everything up when it's done the rest of its deployment.

It always finishes the main cube payload though, unless it needs to go fetch more satellites and tethering is turned off.

Edit - Ah right, if a gate is already illuminated by the main cube, it doesn't drop extra sats over it. Clever little thing. :)

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 00:41

Clever little things but they drop down like flies. And more annoying every time full cargohold of satellites (my own) goes with em. I hate to be one of those guys always naggin for something but if you thinking of introducing some additional features: avoid enemy: on/off flag would be more then welcome. On every sector entry check for red dots, if present, skip that sector. Even on entry would be head saver for 90% of situations, but if checked every minute or so, even better.

Hargam
x4

Post by Hargam » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 01:37

Like the previous person that said they don't see it under the special command menu. I am was having the same issue. Seems if you don't have the explorer software installed the option under the special command menu doesn't even show up.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 17:51

this works in X3AP ?

EDIT: Version History

v2.00 - 2012.01.21 (by Amriel)
Albion Prelude Tested.

I should have read the 1st page better .. thanks for the script !

EDIT2: I have tried this script and I just cant get them to lay 8 in 1 sector my 5 sat laying m3s just place one sat in the top right corner of the sector :S, I have the option set to true on all except 1 ship for tethered return and all have the shine gate set to on too

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Sun, 19. Feb 12, 14:40

I got a bug within Jump Radius when I'm in TC v3.2 .

When I set 1, ASN will do nothing but dock at a station and show "Automated Satellite Network" task.
When I set 2, ASN will just deploy sat. in home sector.
And if I set 3, ASN will deploy sat. within 1 jump sectors.

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 19:10

had a problem with this as well, XRM 1.18, the ship being used had seven sats on boards, yet the ship just sat at a station for ages, just sat there doing nothing, this was quite soon in the beginning of the game aswell.

shame because this one definitely has great potential, only thing i noticed though is it happens to have a lot of SCRIPTS, 46 to be exact..... that is quite a lot (makes it quite a complex little system with so many files to keep an eye on)

one last concern is, i have downloaded several times now, the file stamps don't seem to match version 2.00, what i mean is the latest modification dates of the files go back too "30/11/10", that corresponds with version 1.33, but the changes made in 2.0 were done after "Albion Prelude" was released right?

but AP came out way after "30/11/10", am i missing something, if i didn't know any better i would say that i have version 1.33 not version 2.0!!!

EDIT, i read back some post, i can see that the changes you made to this script were done a long time ago, only now have you actually released the script with those changes...... i see....

question, XRM does now allot fighters to have JD's, could that cause an issue with this script!!!

Seric
x3tc

Post by Seric » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:09

I can't get this to work.

How hard can it be to copy a few files? :evil:

I've done it a few times now just to make sure, removed the files in script folder starting with "a" somthing, installed best buys locator again, then this sattelite script (as stated by script author some posts back). Still no menu where I can access the script.

I have changed name to Thereshallbewings.

I dropped the content in the zip file directly in my (steam) install of TC+AP (I'm playing AP now), so that it would overwrite the same named folders.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”