[SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

kurisu

Post by kurisu » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 08:55

I have the same exact problem as dakingmaster and hedge. I get no mail notifications from this script, it always shows up as "None" in the command window, even when it IS doing something. Its puts down the first satellite and just sits there indefinitely. Using the single sat option works slightly better.

Sometimes it seems to work alright, placing the satellites, other times it places one satellite, sits there forever and then eventually places another or moves on to another sector.

I'm not quite sure if this is intended behavior or not.

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 05:01

Would it be possible to get special handling for Aldrin? The 8 point box just isn't suitable coverage. I like the box config, but it needs to be about 2 steps larger to get good coverage there.

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 14:48

I'm also haveing the same problem as Kurisu,darkingmaster and hedge

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:57

gonna try this out, thanks
Just need something to cover gates in all sectors or mostly all anyway :D

EDIT: baah it laid one AdvSat and that's it, he went on strike

EDIT2: oooooooooh I see, he needs to have a brake after each one.. hmm kinda reminds me of the government road-workers here in Malta(or wreckers) .

Nvm working ok :D

mikegale56

Post by mikegale56 » Mon, 17. May 10, 20:04

Last edited by mikegale56 on Mon, 18. Apr 11, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 17. May 10, 20:24

Should be under the navigation menu near the bottom or middle I think that says advance sat network

mikegale56

Post by mikegale56 » Tue, 18. May 10, 01:49

Last edited by mikegale56 on Mon, 18. Apr 11, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 18. May 10, 02:27

Explorer command I believe... or you could just fit both Explorer and the docking computer

Makita
x4

Post by Makita » Tue, 18. May 10, 12:48

mikegale56 wrote:I have that only on my personal ship (M3 Skate). I'm trying to send a Discoverer off on sat duty and it won't even give me the option. I'm trying to send a Buzzard (Duplex, Fight MK1 & 2, Nav MK1, Patrol MK1, Special MK1) and it's not giving me the option.

Do I need Explorer Command Software? Or a Docking Computer? I think those are the 2 main differences.

Thanks!

U don't need explorer software but you do need special command software, so the command to activate it would be under special.

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 09:14

1st, i noticed that a lot of ships got stuck as well, but i realized that it's because they are waiting (processing) what to do next, and they fly back to stations a lot, again because there are not Adv sats available yet.

BUG i have found which breaks the CAG script.

when a ship is exploring a new sector, the gate is has just flown though is not updated on the galaxy map, after a while systems become revealed, but no direct connections exist to get to them,

the gate the ship has gone into is revealed, but the gate that the ship has come out of is not shown,

if you look on the galaxy map, you will see a line going to a new sector that has just been revealed, but there is no line going back from the sector the ship has just come from,

the CAG script stops working, because TS ships can get stuck out in the galaxy, if no direct path exists on getting back to home base, then the TS ship will just sit there indefinitely,

i tried turning of the explorer jump drive thinking that was it, but that has done nothing to help the situation.

for me this is a real game killer,

as i have to go round into new revealed sectors, and personally reveal the gates, just to create the links necessary for all auto ships to get to that new sector and back.

as a temp fix, i am going to increase the tripplex scanner range to see if that will cause the gate the explorer ship has just come from to be updated.

please fix this issue, or help me find a solution,

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 15:14

Aoshi_ wrote:Two suggestions;

1) Make it so i can tell if this script is working or not on a particular ship. It just says "None" in the orders, but suddenly the ship jumps to life and runs off. Even if it used Idle or something would be better than none.

2) Please, have the ship return to a safe port when it can't find anything to do. This should include any instance where the ship goes idle. I loose almost all my ships due to the fact they drop a sat, can't find a safe route and just go idle right there in space. It would be great if this worked like the Scan all asteroids in sector command, returning the ship to the nearest safe port when it goes idle.

Other than that, this script has lit up almost every sector. I'm quite happy with it. :)
lLongshanks wrote:I get a message every 15 mins telling me that all satalites are deployed and its going idle for now. I got 4 ships setting up satalites and after 4 hours of seta it takes ages to look through my log file to find lost ships.
kurisu wrote:it always shows up as "None" in the command window, even when it IS doing something. Its puts down the first satellite and just sits there indefinitely. Using the single sat option works slightly better.

Sometimes it seems to work alright, placing the satellites, other times it places one satellite, sits there forever and then eventually places another or moves on to another sector.

I'm not quite sure if this is intended behavior or not.
I have the same problems as all of these guys.
  • - Command shows up as "None", making me think the ship isn't even doing anything.
    - The ship sits in space when it's finished deploying satellites, instead of docking at a nearby trade station for safety.
    - I get spammed with loads and loads of messages simply saying something along the lines of "i'm not doing anything"
The message spamming is extremely irritating. Sometimes when i start a new game i leave my computer on while i go to sleep with the game on SETA. When i woke up i had over 400!! messages from the single ship that i had deploying satellites!

I don't set up so that my ships explore and deploy satellites in the entire universe, i have it set up so i have 1 ship responsible for a certain area. The ship in question was responsible for Argon Prime and all argon sectors in that area.

After seeing all these messages, too many to go through, i just deleted them. What i didn't realise was that there were a few messages telling me that a bunch of my freighters had been destroyed.

A while later over half of my factories went off-line due to lack of resources. Because the freighters supplying them had been destroyed.

If anything the messege spamming is definitely the biggest problem for me in using this script. Messeges being sent less than every 10mins.

Other then that i would use this script no problem, i prefer it over any of the others because it just does what it says on the tin! :D
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Nebula X13

Post by Nebula X13 » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 03:20

Its a nice script. I like it a lot makes things a lot easier not having to drop satellites myself.

But I have noticed a few issues.

One the script seems to have some problems and exhibits strange behavior. The script seems to have difficulties with gates in odd positions or that are at angles. Like in they systems of, Saturn the North gate, Midnight Star the West gate and others. Belt of Aguilar the East gate next to a X gate.

Two I have noticed the script has issues with X gates, sometimes it will drop AdvSats above and below them like in Heretics End, the one that is off of the map. That was amusing. And the one in Belt of Aguilar has caused a few problems, sometimes it wants to drop a AdvSat there sometimes it doesn't.

I have also noticed it will drop stats above and below place it thinks a gate is but there isn't one there.

And the script sometimes drops excessive AdvSats or drops them in spots that don't match up with its sister AdvSat.

But I still like the script just thought I would let you know about these issues and see if you are still working on the script like you I have a bit of OCD and like my stats to be in the right spots, matching up and being over my gates proper.

Not sure if you are still working on it or not. If you are maybe you could add in some more options like, the ability to tell the ship running the script to place AdvSats over gates manually in addition to doing it automatically.

And some clean up options would be nice. Like telling the ship running the script to go pickup all AdvSats from a sector, or to manually tell it to pickup selected AdvSats. Picking up AdvSats all over the Universe placed all over the Universe gets tiresome. And I tend to pick up stray AdvSats when I see them if they are placed in the wrong spots or over non-existent gates or around X gates.

Would also be nice to be able to tell the Script to place AdvSats to a list of sectors and not just a jump radius.

Just some thoughts I know that would probably be a lot of scripting and I would do it myself expect I don't know a thing about scripting and I am sure this is a complex script.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 20. Mar 11, 07:54

Can anyone elaborate on how to uninstall this mod? His instructions on page one say"Uninstall via. the script package." I don't understand this, I don't see anything named "uninstall" inside the script editor when in X3. I don't want to just delete all the files in the original zip because some of them may be used by other mods. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)

Ash Axiom

Post by Ash Axiom » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 21:32

builder680 wrote:Can anyone elaborate on how to uninstall this mod? His instructions on page one say"Uninstall via. the script package." I don't understand this, I don't see anything named "uninstall" inside the script editor when in X3. I don't want to just delete all the files in the original zip because some of them may be used by other mods. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)
Use Cycrow's plugin manager to uninstall.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 22:11

Ash Axiom wrote:
builder680 wrote:Can anyone elaborate on how to uninstall this mod? His instructions on page one say"Uninstall via. the script package." I don't understand this, I don't see anything named "uninstall" inside the script editor when in X3. I don't want to just delete all the files in the original zip because some of them may be used by other mods. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)
Use Cycrow's plugin manager to uninstall.
I installed via .zip file. I don't think you can uninstall anything but .spk with plugin manager. Thanks for trying to help though.

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Mon, 16. May 11, 13:12

Is it possible to get the ship to land after it has finished deploying satellites in it's area?
Mine just usually shut down engines and wait for a passing pirate to destroy them.
Would be nice if they docked at a friendly station when they have finished.
Knowledge is Power!

saar
x3

Post by saar » Mon, 26. Sep 11, 14:26

Do you know where I can find this script please? The link tot he SPK download on GameFront is either expired or the file cannot be found :(

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Saar

Not an issue any more! By searching over and over on the forum I found the XDownload ULD which hosts the original file.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 08:30

2 questions:

Any special issues on XRM compatibility? I presume not but never hurts to ask.

Is it possible for ship to prioritize player owned adv. sat fab for just taking, not purchasing sats? Well I'm guessing this is irrelevant, I sell those things expensively.

How's the "enemy evading" logic? Is it at least in rank of CAG? Will deployer, for example, try to put satelite in sector where xenon invasion is in progress? Will he use JD if attacked? I'm planing to use TLS (for vanilla it's an equivalent of SB, fast spacious and shielded ship)

Perhaps it would be best if he would just skip any sector with red marks (or make option to turn this off) and re check after 10 minutes.

Amriel
x4

Updated version available

Post by Amriel » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 01:00

A while ago I updated this script and fixed the outstanding bugs that I could track down. I contacted Alex2069 and got his permission to alter and release his work, but never did get around to uploading it.

I've since gotten back into X with the release of AP, so I'll upload it now. I've been using it without issue in my TC and AP games, but let me know in this thread or by PM if anything goes horribly wrong.

Changes I made:
  • - Now uses Explorer Command Software so it can find new sectors on its own without cheating.

- Now shows currently active tasks. A task of "Automated Satellite Network" means it's thinking about its next move.

- No longer stalls while scanning the entire universe after deploying a satellite. Instead, it looks at the closest sectors first, then expands its scan range if it can't find a sector to deploy in.

- Tries to find a station to shelter in when it is attacked or otherwise has problems or things to consider, instead of just sitting in space.

- No longer jumps directly to undiscovered sectors when in explore mode, and flies through gates the long way instead. This should allow all sectors it discovers to be connected on the map.

- Now bypasses its safe path check if it is capable of jumping, to speed up the decision-making process.

- "Illuminate Gates" now works with single centre deployment, and will deposit one satellite over each gate.

- Route finding algorithm has been cleaned up a bit.
Download via XDownloads ULD below:
(zip file)
[ external image ]

I can also make an .spk version if there's demand.

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Updated version available

Post by deca.death » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 16:35

Amriel wrote:A while ago I updated this script and fixed the outstanding bugs that I could track down. I contacted Alex2069 and got his permission to alter and release his work, but never did get around to uploading it.

Wow! This is more awesome news then I dared to hope in my wildest dreams : )

This script was originally well thought-out and designed but had some serious issues which you've hopefully solved. Perfect.

SPK version would be welcome cause XRM prefers that kind of install.
EDIT: Disregard that, I thought this was plugin managar version, it aint ;)

Run away when attacked is great (fast ships for the job are preferred anyway) maybe using JD as well ... bah forget it, it's good as it is!

Thanks again, this was exactly something I've wanted.

:thumb_up: :D
Last edited by deca.death on Sat, 21. Jan 12, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”