[SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tasolth

Post by Tasolth » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 22:10

well.... that certainly was quick :D You have my thanks 8)

retardsINspace

Post by retardsINspace » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 02:43

Error:
The library files for this script "Automated Satellite Network" are out of date and are very likely incompatible.

Current version: 120
You will need to download the latest version.

I just downloaded this. Other installed scripts:
Apricot Cbeam
Extended Mod Pack
Hotkey Manager
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
The Marauder Shipyard
Universal Buys/Sells Locator
Advanced Jumpdrive

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 03:56

I bring you a new version: v1.30

For StormMagi: Added race specific deployment options.

And for the rest of us, just a hugely improved configuration menu (so much nicer). I was using my old v2.0 menu scripts, but with v2.5 there is no need with the new menu commands.

@retardsINspace
This would be because of the Universal Buys/Sells Locator (one of my scripts).
Part of the reason I went through the new menu stuff (in this script) is to learn it in preparation to (finally) update the Uni Loc menus and such - it hasn't been updated in a while and is only using my old 1.20 library.
Reinstall the Automated Satellite Network script (as in, do it last), and it'll overwrite the 1.20 stuff and should then work... The Uni Loc should still work - I haven't changed anything that should affect it for memory.
It's a bit odd though; I'd always assumed the Plugin Manager checked script version information and only overwrote for later versions (unless you used the zip files, which would explain why it overwrote with older versions).

Kosta F
x3ap

Post by Kosta F » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 09:27

retardsINspace wrote:Error:
The library files for this script "Automated Satellite Network" are out of date and are very likely incompatible.

Apricot Cbeam
Extended Mod Pack
Hotkey Manager
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
The Marauder Shipyard
Advanced Jumpdrive
Hey, having the same issue, tried reinstalling as well as uninstalling uni best buy, but no good.

I dont see the command in special commands.

Could another script be taking it's spot? if so how do I check?

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 14:29

Try updating the Universal Locator (just released new version)... This should hopefully fix it...
It's quite late here, but tomorrow I'll install a second fresh copy of X3 to test it.
A sure fix is to delete all scripts starting with "a2069.lib" in your scripts folder, and install the scripts again. With the now updated Uni Loc using the same library version, it should be all good.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 20:58

Kosta F wrote:
retardsINspace wrote:Error:

Apricot Cbeam
Extended Mod Pack
Hotkey Manager
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
The Marauder Shipyard
Advanced Jumpdrive
Hey, having the same issue, tried reinstalling as well as uninstalling uni best buy, but no good.

I dont see the command in special commands.

Could another script be taking it's spot? if so how do I check?
I am having the same issue here too. :(

Image Shown Here

I downloaded the SPK file and I am using Cycrow's Plugin Manager., newest version.
And my game is updated the the latest update "September 2009 Update v2.5"

Whats going on. :?
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 23:55

Ok, I tested this on a clean install, and yea, it has a fit - but only the *first* time. So for all those that were getting there error, you shouldn't have received it in future loads, and it should be working fine (since by the second load, the setup lib script would have run). <- Is this not so for anyone?

Apparently setup script order isn't governed entirely by name. A minor update to v1.31 will alleviate this need and forcefully run it if it hasn't run first. Those that aren't having this problem don't need to update.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 05:21

Critical update v1.32:
To those that downloaded the v1.31 release - I would urge you to download and install v1.32 asap.
There is a critical intermittent bug that will cause a ship to attempt to infinitely jump and cause a script stack overflow issue - you will very quickly notice your game grinding to a halt.
After you have installed the new version, you should probably reapply the command to the problem ships (as in just "start" the deployment on the ship again), as it may not "reload" the updated problem file until it is released from its stack.

Thankfully not many people had a chance to get it, but it will still be an issue for some; sorry. x.x

Edit: Crap, include people who downloaded the v.130 release as well. x.x

Edit again: No point replying again. Minor update to v1.33 - some stupid bug that would only affect clean installs (I'm having a great day today... Gah).

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 06:39

Move it move it snap snap chop chop..... :P
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 05:36

Fantastic job. I was waiting for something like this to come along.

Running now with a small fleet of Kestrels. :)

Kosta F
x3ap

Post by Kosta F » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 08:41

Yeah thanks so much for the script I've been waiting so long for this!

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 00:52

Two suggestions;

1) Make it so i can tell if this script is working or not on a particular ship. It just says "None" in the orders, but suddenly the ship jumps to life and runs off. Even if it used Idle or something would be better than none.

2) Please, have the ship return to a safe port when it can't find anything to do. This should include any instance where the ship goes idle. I loose almost all my ships due to the fact they drop a sat, can't find a safe route and just go idle right there in space. It would be great if this worked like the Scan all asteroids in sector command, returning the ship to the nearest safe port when it goes idle.

Other than that, this script has lit up almost every sector. I'm quite happy with it. :)

Relik155

Post by Relik155 » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 13:14

I have this script installed and running using the plugin manager. However in-game when I go into the ships orders -> automated sat network, the config screen comes up but I am unable to enter any information, clicking on any of the options cause the config screen to flash back to the orders screen then back to the config screen with no changes at all.

As far as I can tell I have everything installed and functioning properly, just wondering what im missing here?

Thx

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 14:26

That doesn't sound like any problem I've ever heard of before...
Does the config screen look any different to the front page screenshots? (If it does upload a screenshot)

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 00:58

What does this script do when there is already satellites in the sector?
As in satellites placed by another explorer program or myself.
Do they pick them up and move them to an 8 point config?
Could they move them and rename them as well?

I'm running the Universal Explorer script at the moment, and it's simply too buggy.
Also, the UX pilots place the satellites in positions that enemies can easily destroy.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 03:32

Currently it will only detect if they're at the 8 points, centre point, or (range / 2) above and below gates.
I have strongly considered adding in something to detect other satellites and reorganise/rename them as I myself had a few littered around, and every time I look at the sector map these "out of place" ones irritate me to no end, lol.
So yes, I think I will get onto implementing something to detect that as well. I've been updating my Universal Locator as of late, but it's at a stable point now so I might do some more on this.

Relik155

Post by Relik155 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 04:45

To much hassle for me to upload a image, it says this though...

MAIN
Start
Stop

DEPLOYMENT CONFIGURATION
Home Sector:null
>Clear Home Sector
Jump Radius:0
Low Credit Threshold:2000000Cr
Minimum Credit Threshold:500000Cr

And thats it, when I click on any of the options it simply flashes back to the orders screen and back again no changes and no activation of any kind. I have redownlaoded and reinstalled the script still same thing, game is fully up-to-date and I am not running any other mods or scripts with this.[/img]

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 10:04

This is a really cool script. Iv never bothered with satalites before as they was too much hasstle to keep replacing. Just 1 thing is there anyway to turn the message log spam down?

Thanks
Scripts I use.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 10:28

@Relik155: I really don't know how you could be getting such a problem. It sounds like you've a button stuck down or something and thus the menu just loops or something.
What other scripts do you have installed? Use the Plugin Manager - Advanced > Export Script List.
Maybe there's something weird playing with it or something.

@lLongshanks: You shouldn't be getting that much spam - you should only get it (for memory) when there are no satellites to buy, all sectors completed, or no safe routes. I'll look into adding something to configure the alerts a little more though.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 10:55

I get a message every 15 mins telling me that all satalites are deployed and its going idle for now. I got 4 ships setting up satalites and after 4 hours of seta it takes ages to look through my log file to find lost ships.
Scripts I use.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”