[SCR] Jump Beacon [24th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 15:07

well this is a good news anyway, since the big problem is always to make NP ships to fly to other sectors whitout gates, taht's why I implemented a huge invisible gate instead of removing them at all...but with this it is finally possible to remove them

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 19:30

Jump Beacon
(Version 3.alpha.06 – 29th November 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Jump Beacon (Version 3.alpha.06)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.04, 21st Nov. 2009)

-> Military Transport (Required, for needed personell)

29th November 2009 (Version 3.alpha.06)
  • BugFix: The freigthers didn't sell the jump beacon as the selling price was wrong. Fixed.
  • Several small improvements

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 18:12

For some reason none of the jump becon factorys are building anything, what is going on? any one else having this issue?

X3 TC 2.5

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 20:06

Hi, great script!
I have some design remarks and ideas:
-mouse right click on beacon leads to Best Buy/Sell option, which is kind of weird option for beacon;
-the 5km placing range - can you make it to move in range and place the beacon to given position on sector map instead of beeping back, in large sectors 5km on sector map is just one press of button (i'm too lazy to enlarge the map :wink:)
-the 5 beacon per sector limit for Aldrin or other large sectors is very limiting probably checking the sector size if >250km set limit to 10;
garchan wrote:
since it is possible to have up to 5 jump beacons, would it be possible to create a command for CODEA to coordinate between the 5 jump beacons so that you can have up to 5 fleet ships jumping in to a sector at the same time, instead of just 1 at a time? this could be useful for when you want to have an immediate response to larger threats.

if there was a large enough threat, and your carrier jumped in to the sector first, you could possibly lose your carrier before the rest of the fleet arrived.

Lucike wrote:
Interesting idea.
-for military use temporary jump beacons (pl. scout enter sector and place array of 5 beacon in 5km range which selfdestruct after 5min or patrol from CODEA place the array and call for backup)

And some wishes:
-Jump Beacon factories in shipyards;
-Navigational Command Software Mk2 for all Jump Beacon nav commands (an alternative for Navigator's only nav commands, not for other improvements the Navigator's make or probably Navigator's use jump beacons for military purpose like in idea above for deploying temporary array of jump beacons)

Sorry for bad english!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 21:41

Jump Beacon
(Version 3.1.00 – 7th March 2010)

[ external image ]

-> Jump Beacon (Version 3.1.00)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.06, 15th Dec. 2009)

7th March 2010 (Version 3.1.00)
  • BugFix: Jump Beacons where added to player-owned Equipment Docks which had Jump Drives on stock. Fixed.
  • Alpha-phase finished.
  • Beta-phase finished.
  • Several small improvements.

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 19:27

I'm using this script along with several others (military transport, personnel transport, Codea, RRF, etc.) and all works well so far, but I have not been able to hire a navigator yet due to my fighting rank is still too low, so I can't really say how well this script works yet. I also have a script called Gateless jumps which allows jumps to any coordinates for double the e-cells (which I want to self limit to big ships with a navigator of course).

I did notice this in the description...
Who uses the jump beacons too: Until now Commercial Agents, Commodity Logistic-pilots, Economy and Supply Traders and Prospectors use the jump beacons to shorten the ways to their destinations
Does this mean I have to use these scripts to get NP ships to use beacons as well or will regular NP ships use them?

Also, does this mean they will use MY jump beacons as well or only my ships can use my jump beacons?

Last question, If they can't use my beacons and deploy their own to use, can I blow theirs up to prevent them from using them, and will this cause a rep loss?

Thanks for all the scripts, they are great!!!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 21:21

klarch wrote:
Who uses the jump beacons too: Until now Commercial Agents, Commodity Logistic-pilots, Economy and Supply Traders and Prospectors use the jump beacons to shorten the ways to their destinations
Does this mean I have to use these scripts to get NP ships to use beacons as well or will regular NP ships use them?

Also, does this mean they will use MY jump beacons as well or only my ships can use my jump beacons?

Last question, If they can't use my beacons and deploy their own to use, can I blow theirs up to prevent them from using them, and will this cause a rep loss?
Only player owned ships can run CAG, CLS, EST and PSC scripts. There are no commonwealth, terran or pirate ones.

By the way, SRS and CODEA should be able to use Jump Beacons too. Also for CAG, CLS, EST and PSC at least, it doesn't matter if the navigator is in the cargo bay (life support system!) or the pilot himself. That may (or may not) apply to SRS and CODEA too.

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 22:06

Saetan wrote: Only player owned ships can run CAG, CLS, EST and PSC scripts. There are no commonwealth, terran or pirate ones.

By the way, SRS and CODEA should be able to use Jump Beacons too. Also for CAG, CLS, EST and PSC at least, it doesn't matter if the navigator is in the cargo bay (life support system!) or the pilot himself. That may (or may not) apply to SRS and CODEA too.
Sorry, new to this game and its scripts.

So if I understand right, only player owned ships and player hired ships will use beacons and there will be no non player jump beacons deployed or used in the game? (i.e. no random teladi laying a jump beacon to get to stations quicker and steal my profits.)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 22:20

klarch wrote:Sorry, new to this game and its scripts.

So if I understand right, only player owned ships and player hired ships will use beacons and there will be no non player jump beacons deployed or used in the game? (i.e. no random teladi laying a jump beacon to get to stations quicker and steal my profits.)
CAG, CLS, EST, PSC, SRS and CODEA are scripts by the scripter Lucike. Jump Beacon is also a script by him.

Only ships which are running one of these scripts are able to use these beacons. As any other than player owned ships aren't able to run one of these scripts, they aren't able to use the beacons. For hired ones it's the same. They are not player owned and they run none of the above named scripts and therefore can't use them.

Best regards,
Saetan

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 22:47

Saetan wrote:CAG, CLS, EST, PSC, SRS and CODEA are scripts by the scripter Lucike. Jump Beacon is also a script by him.

Only ships which are running one of these scripts are able to use these beacons. As any other than player owned ships aren't able to run one of these scripts, they aren't able to use the beacons. For hired ones it's the same. They are not player owned and they run none of the above named scripts and therefore can't use them.

Best regards,
Saetan
Thank you. All clear now.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 09:29

do you need to tell you Cag traders to use the jump beacon as mine still jump to the center of the sector
the lay out
my complex is in Ringo Moon with the complex hub at X0,Y25,Z0
and the jump beacon at X6,Y25,Z0
all traders at major dealer
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 20:38

Jump Beacon
(Version 3.1.01 – 27th March 2010)

[ external image ]

-> Jump Beacon (Version 3.1.01)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.07, 27th March 2010)

27th March 2010 (Version 3.1.01)
  • Jump statistics added.
  • Several small improvements

cattafett:
Navigator for at least one hour as pilot or on board of the freighter which didn't jump to the beacon?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 14:25

Saetan wrote:Navigator for at least one hour as pilot or on board of the freighter which didn't jump to the beacon?
sorry was under the impression that Cag and CLS didn't need a Navigator
guess i need to Re-equip my Traders
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 22:39

cattafett wrote:do you need to tell you Cag traders to use the jump beacon as mine still jump to the center of the sector
I'm having the same problem with my EST traders. I have two mercury haulers with Major Dealers piloting, working navigators (names in green) on both ships in the cargo hold. I have one trading e-cells and the other buying and selling ore around Argon Prime area. I've setup jump beacons in The Wall sector between the two solar power plants and a beacon near every ore mine in Ore Belt and Herron's Nebula. They jump to the beacons if ordered to do so, but if left to decide for themselves they either jump through a gate or to the center of the sector and move out to the stations to buy or sell.

I was wondering if the beacons are jumped to automatically in commonwealth sectors or only in gateless terran, unknown setors? Or are they jumped to automatically at all???

Also is there a minimum range the beacons must be placed from a station (mine are about 8km away on the landing side of the stations)?

Thanks for any help or information.

Question for Saetan, I just checked the forum for Lucikes Script Collection to see if I was using the latest version of these scripts and I noticed that the scripts in the German forums are a higher version than in the english forums of these scripts. Would I be able to download these higher version scripts from the German forums and use them with an English copy of the game?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 05:19

Holy damnit, this is a brilliant idea.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 05:40

klarch wrote:Question for Saetan, I just checked the forum for Lucikes Script Collection to see if I was using the latest version of these scripts and I noticed that the scripts in the German forums are a higher version than in the english forums of these scripts. Would I be able to download these higher version scripts from the German forums and use them with an English copy of the game?
Yes, you can.
Litcube wrote:Holy damnit, this is a brilliant idea.
Thanks. ;)

Regards
Lucike

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 13:51

Lucike wrote:
klarch wrote:Question for Saetan, I just checked the forum for Lucikes Script Collection to see if I was using the latest version of these scripts and I noticed that the scripts in the German forums are a higher version than in the english forums of these scripts. Would I be able to download these higher version scripts from the German forums and use them with an English copy of the game?
Yes, you can
Thanks for the answer and the great scripts that really enhance this game.

Update: That solved my problems. :D Time to stop testing, start a new game, and begin my conquest of the galaxy.

Thanks again!!!

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Mon, 17. May 10, 00:44

I've been using this script, and tbh it's by far one of my top 5 maybe even top 3.

This is why:

A CAG/CLS/any owned ship that's been taught at Lucike Script High School will use this to shorten their trip. Used in conjunction with docking computer fix made by graxster, your traders will dock at your station, undock, jump within 5 km of the target station, autodock almost instantly, then repeat the process.

TL:DR? Bottom line: Your profitsss will skyrocket alot faster and alot safer :D

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 29. May 10, 02:56

Jump Beacon
(Version 3.1.02 – 24th May 2010)

[ external image ]

-> Jump Beacon (Version 3.1.02)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, newest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.14, 23rd May 2010)

24th May 2010 (Version 3.1.02)
  • Adjustments for the CODEA Weapon Base.
  • Several small improvements.

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 11:17

I've just installed this and have sen military transports flying around. My question is, how do I hire navigators for my CAGS?

Cheers.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”