[SCR] Personnel Transporter [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.3.01]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 00:03

mechm0343 wrote:Thanks for the reply Saetan,
Ive never had to ask a question in the boards until this one because somewhere someone already asked the question and you have replied with the answer. thanks for all your help!
.... which would be a indicator, that Lucikes scripts work really really fine with AP too. ;-)

Maybe you really want to try to re-install the scripts (maybe, some files had been corrupted) or you want to ask Lucike himself in his own forum.

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:02

I've used CODEA and it works great, I tried to install personnel transporter and I'm having trouble. Military transporter script shows installed, I can use the personnel transporter hot key to see a list of all employees, but I have no menu selection in ship commands to train or do anything else related to personnel transporter..

Is this a command slot conflict that I will have to edit the xml file for?

If that's the case, I understand how to do that basic part, but where do I identify an "unused" id slot.... how do I find that?

My TP has a LT as pilot, I have max argon rep, but my fight rank is on "fighter". I don't know if that matters or if I only need the higher rank to see the transports on the map.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:08

If there is a conflict then you will usually see a ReadText error. If you do, then tell us the numbers.

The Personnel Transporter menu is on the "Additional Commands" menu on the Command Console. It is not on the normal ship menus.

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:34

Thanks Bullwinkle, additional commands does show it, I simply wasn't looking deep enough in the right spot!

again,, thanks!

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 06:06

One more question,

Personnel Transporter is conflicting with Auto Prep ships, I see at the beginning of the thread the instructions on how to change the file a bit, but how do I find the 'safe" number to change it to: is there a repository of such information, or is it trial and error?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 07:08

Do you use TCAN by Orfevs?

Are you certain that it is Auto Prep Ships causing the conflict? According to the Community Library Index, Auto Prep Ships uses slots 1350-1356. Personnel Transporter uses slot 1221, as does TCAN.

Of course, the Index is not complete and not entirely up to date, mostly because some scripters do not keep it updated.

There are some free slots in the index; you just have to look for one that is empty, then test to make *sure* that no other script in your game uses it.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 3. Dec 12, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 11:07

Bullwinkle your on the money, it's some other problem, I've spent a couple hours looking at it and ....

My brain is meltin ;p

One of my carriers,, only one of four, causes a CTD when I try to use Auto prep, I experimented removing various scripts etc and it was personnel transporter. However,, the rest functioned properly when I widened my checks. I never did figure it out, produced a new carrier swapped everything over and sold the old one.

The new one works perfectly.. I've decided to simply pretend it never happened and move on. Tha's workin well :)

Thanks thoug for your attention. I'm semi skilled with xml stuff and it's a steep learning curve..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 11:14

Ravanhawke wrote:The new one works perfectly.. I've decided to simply pretend it never happened and move on.
Sounds like a good plan. CTD's do not happen often. They are often due to sound problems or mods that have been removed, leaving a mismatch between saved game and installed files. I suspect the latter here -- it sounds as though your old ship was somehow bugged, and creating a new one fixed the problem.

No xml involved. :)

Surealism
x4

Post by Surealism » Wed, 23. Jan 13, 20:25

I've been trying to figure this out for a while but haven't found the answer anywhere:

If I have a pilot of Captain rank for example with training in all areas (Navigator, Helmsman, Machinist, Mechanic, etc.) flying a ship, will this pilot also behave as a navigator, helmsman, etc.? I'm aware that a pilot with navigator training will be able to use jump beacons, but does his ship get the other benefits?

What about helmsman and machinists? Or do they perhaps need to be in the cargo bay in order to be active, and if that's the case can I have a navigator/helmsman/machinist that is doing all three things in the cargo bay?

Thanks!

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 16:55

Surealism wrote:I've been trying to figure this out for a while but haven't found the answer anywhere:

If I have a pilot of Captain rank for example with training in all areas (Navigator, Helmsman, Machinist, Mechanic, etc.) flying a ship, will this pilot also behave as a navigator, helmsman, etc.? I'm aware that a pilot with navigator training will be able to use jump beacons, but does his ship get the other benefits?

What about helmsman and machinists? Or do they perhaps need to be in the cargo bay in order to be active, and if that's the case can I have a navigator/helmsman/machinist that is doing all three things in the cargo bay?

Thanks!
Actual, I made the test, Having a navigator as a Pilot, Will only give the jump abilty, not the +2 rudder bonus,
Doing more tests, for finding the answer for the multi skillede passenger :)

And for my second test, I've tested 4 identical Dragons, With 4 diffrent fully trained marines, setting them as pilots, getting no bonuses, and putting 1 in a cargo, with and without a fully trained marine, no bonuses, only the one part they current job was,
so, no multi trained marines for all the good stuff,

Navigators = (+2 rudder) Jump to beacon
was working with TS ships + M1 M2 M6 M7 M7M

Flight Controllers = (+5 ruder , +1 speed)
Machinest = (+2 Speed)
Helmsman = (+10 rudder)
and the rest was working for TL,TM,M1,M2,M6/M6+,M7/M7M
but not TS

I did not test TP M3,M4,M5 or M8,

Flight Instructor
Fight experience *****
Mechanics *****
Hacking *****
Engineering *****
Civil and military flight time of 10 hours.
This seems to be wrong, I was able to train my marines with only the military flight time to become Flight instructor,

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”