[SCR] Personnel Transporter [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.3.01]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 02:09

Captsavmhoe wrote:when docked at a station and or outpost when i hit the hire button i dont get any listings/bullitin boards i just get a blank screen but at that point i can select said profession ie freighter pilot and then hit hire as meny times as i want then i gets the said pilots .may be normal not sure didnt look like it in the screen shots but either way i get choices then i keep who i want and fire the others .meaning i can only see said choices after i hire them .next is and i have looked and i have choices for travel and travel agent and also one for technician on board ? i know what technitions are for but whats the differance and whats travel and travel agent for ?
Not sure, if I got you right (did read it already at afternoon, but didn't get it at all ... guess I was to tired).

Seems to be not ok for me too, did you already tried a re-install of the most recent script versions and which scripts did you install at all?

Also, maybe screenshots would help, if your problem still persists.

For the travel agent, I'm not sure as I didn't played for a long time now. But Lucike is working at a script to transport people between stations or something like that. Maybe thats the personnel for that script, but it's not finished yet.

Hope I was able to help
Best regards,
Saetan

jernau11
x3tc

Post by jernau11 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 17:01

Hi Saetan,

Were helmsmen changed to no longer work on M6s? I just trained a marine up enough to make helmsman rank and had him sit on my Springblossom overnight. The navigator and machinist that were placed with him are working, (+.6 maneuverability, 16 speed increase, both green colored) but the helmsman's color hasn't changed.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 18:30

Working fine for me. Does it possibly already have one? Try transferring everyone off, and then back on.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jernau11
x3tc

Post by jernau11 » Wed, 27. Apr 11, 21:59

I transferred people around a lot till it finally stuck. It took a while with the wait. Now the same thing is happening with a TM of mine.

jernau11
x3tc

Post by jernau11 » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 19:34

Update: Ok I did some testing with this. It looks to me as if the retrain marine/change regular occupation interface has a bug. I think its assigning people with multiple trainings as navigator, helmsman, or machinist, but the code that registers them as "green" and doing that job doesn't accept them.

I'm running Lucike's Script Collection, and eEQDocks, as well as x-plugin manager, improved boarding, hotkey manager, and ware manager.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 21:54

I don't know of and never heard of such a bug ... maybe a corrupt file installation? Did you already try to re-install Lucike's scripts?

jernau11
x3tc

Post by jernau11 » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 07:04

I've done everything short of formatting and reinstalling windows. Earlier today I removed everything, uninstalled x3 tc, and deleted the install folder. Then I reinstalled everything including Lucike's scripts. Only thing I couldn't get rid of was the X3 Plugin Manager (no uninstall yet). I started a new game and used the cheats/SETA to re-setup the test.

The result was the same issue. Its my machinist this time. The navigator and helmsman that boarded the ship at the same time are working fine.

Not sure if google translate/I'm reading this correctly but this seems to be the same problem: xuniversium forum

Update: I did some more testing on this to see if another crew member was somehow blocking the machinist's improvement. I don't think it is. I stripped down the crew completely, then left only the same navigator, helmsman and machinist. I ran SETA for 10 minutes and both the Nav and Helms started working, the lazy machinist didn't.

I then switched helms, machin, and nav's jobs around. The Machinist who is now a navigator is still refusing to do his job. Switched them again with the buggy person as helmsman, same issue. The control variables (nav and mach) worked fine. I finally transferred the bugged person to a carrier as a recruit, stuck them in a cockpit and they registered as Tracy Fisty-N, i.e. navigator. Clearly some part of the script understands that she is trained as a navigator even if she refuses to do the job.

Really seems like the problem is with the retrain marines/change occupation functions, for some reason with some marines, their new job just doesn't stick.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 02:27

has Flight Instructor's been added yet?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 19:42

As far as I know ... and I just checked Lucikes own Forum ... Flight Instructors aren't usable yet.

baddoctor

Post by baddoctor » Mon, 7. May 12, 14:20

I think I'm having some problems getting this script to work.

I installed this after one of my level 5 ESTs got popped and I wanted to put the pilot in a new ship. So far I've rescued the pilot, dropped him in the hold of an Argon Express, and docked both the express and an EST-ready Mistral at the same station. I believe I'm supposed to see an extra option on the Express' command console (unfortunately the instruction images in the op are all dead), but I only get the standard commands, with no oprion to transfer the pilot across.

I've tried reinstalling the script, and checked that I have the prerequsite libraries installed. Is there something I'm missing?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 7. May 12, 15:01

You'll find the command of the personnel transporters as so called "additional commands". See Lucike's website for more information.

baddoctor

Post by baddoctor » Thu, 10. May 12, 10:11

Many thanks - I've found it now.

mechm0343
x4

Post by mechm0343 » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 04:45

Hello,
Ive been using a lot of lucike's scripts with ablion prelude and up to this point have not had a problem with any of them. Not sure if it has something to do with AP or if im just doing it wrong.

I was searching the universe for machinists and found them to be pretty rare on transporters so I decided to train a couple of my own. I took a marine with the proper training and set him as a EST to get his 10 hours flight and then retrained him. The problem is he wont go active on my ship. the one I found on the military transport will go active after and hour but the one I trained up wont go green.

I took some screenshots and threw together what I thought was all the needed info.

[ external image ]

the helmsan and navigator I hired from the transport so im not sure if training them works or not but poor Nil Jerigan there just isnt getting his job done.
Is it because im using AP or am I just missing something totally different?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 19:46

Mhmm, on first sight it seems you did everything right to re-train your personnel.

If it's a error with AP itself, with a wrong installation of the script or even an error in handling, I can't tell as I don't own AP. Maybe someone else can tell if he/she has problems with AP and re-training personnel or not.

mechm0343
x4

Post by mechm0343 » Mon, 11. Jun 12, 23:37

Oh well.. Im just glad that this is the only problem I've had.
I really like what lucikes scripts add to the game without having negative influence on the balance of the universe.. if this is the only problem I have running Lucikes scripts on AP then I think I came out on top 8)

Thanks for the reply Saetan,
Ive never had to ask a question in the boards until this one because somewhere someone already asked the question and you have replied with the answer. thanks for all your help!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 00:03

mechm0343 wrote:Thanks for the reply Saetan,
Ive never had to ask a question in the boards until this one because somewhere someone already asked the question and you have replied with the answer. thanks for all your help!
.... which would be a indicator, that Lucikes scripts work really really fine with AP too. ;-)

Maybe you really want to try to re-install the scripts (maybe, some files had been corrupted) or you want to ask Lucike himself in his own forum.

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:02

I've used CODEA and it works great, I tried to install personnel transporter and I'm having trouble. Military transporter script shows installed, I can use the personnel transporter hot key to see a list of all employees, but I have no menu selection in ship commands to train or do anything else related to personnel transporter..

Is this a command slot conflict that I will have to edit the xml file for?

If that's the case, I understand how to do that basic part, but where do I identify an "unused" id slot.... how do I find that?

My TP has a LT as pilot, I have max argon rep, but my fight rank is on "fighter". I don't know if that matters or if I only need the higher rank to see the transports on the map.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:08

If there is a conflict then you will usually see a ReadText error. If you do, then tell us the numbers.

The Personnel Transporter menu is on the "Additional Commands" menu on the Command Console. It is not on the normal ship menus.

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 01:34

Thanks Bullwinkle, additional commands does show it, I simply wasn't looking deep enough in the right spot!

again,, thanks!

Ravanhawke
x3tc

Post by Ravanhawke » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 06:06

One more question,

Personnel Transporter is conflicting with Auto Prep ships, I see at the beginning of the thread the instructions on how to change the file a bit, but how do I find the 'safe" number to change it to: is there a repository of such information, or is it trial and error?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”